April 27, 2024, 09:06:55 AM

Author Topic: TTFF targets Queiroz for Latapy’s job.  (Read 14718 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF targets Queiroz for Latapy’s job.
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2011, 05:05:10 PM »
just as long as latas not asst coach, i happy, he undermine the other coaches, why not queiroz, not a bad choice, didn't even think of him.

he would do good in TT, we need someone who has worked with a national youth program and also pro outfit.

jw outdoing himself if he get queiroz. we have the money to pay him, well our godfathers in foreign do

shut up.  I'm just saying....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2011, 05:35:38 PM »
just as long as latas not asst coach, i happy, he undermine the other coaches, why not queiroz, not a bad choice, didn't even think of him.

he would do good in TT, we need someone who has worked with a national youth program and also pro outfit.

jw outdoing himself if he get queiroz. we have the money to pay him, well our godfathers in foreign do

so lemme guess, i should shut up and let you bray instead ???

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 06:17:52 PM »

I think is you who should shut it! i happened to agree wid TI, let latas haul he arse! i don't want no mo of his involvement. let who ever comes tuh coach bring their own staff! in the mean time , let latapy go and get some knowledge under his thick skull and start wid the babies and then climb the ladder.

he should not be allowed to go near the senior team again since he will want tuh inveigle the coach tuh bring in the players that he likes, and in thus doing so secretly undermine another coach! if i was jack i wouldn't allow no mo locals near the senior team, that goes for corneal, murice and even ince!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 07:20:30 PM »
Whats in it for Quieroz/Gullit/Tigana? I can see a coach his calibre coaching the USA or Mexico (virtually guaranteed a world cup spot come 2014), but Trinidad and Tobago?

another thing the TTFF being real unprofessional about how they do this: If you are trageting a coach, you might want to keep that fact under wraps until you have made contact and started negotiations. And are Gullit and Tigana still targets? or did they fall off the radar some-how? 

On another note re Carlos Quieroz: he has worked with the US Soccer Federation in the past when he did the nullQReportnull to kick off the then nullProject 2010null.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q-Report

This is where I know de man from, long before he became a "big name" coach.  He has deep roots as a technical director, but ah don't think he'll be able to stomach the TTFF's unprofessionalism.  Highly doubt it.   

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 07:59:44 PM »
Latapy should be no where close to the T&T team.

Maturana must be laughing he belly off all now..

Yuh live by it, you die by it, its call the sword.

A coach must be allowed to bring in his own staff and not get one shove down he throat.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2011, 12:08:46 AM »

A coach must be allowed to bring in his own staff and not get one shove down he throat.

david don't mind them shoving something down a foreign coach throat

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2011, 12:57:23 AM »
Under Queiroz, South Africa qualified for the 2002 FIFA World Cup, but Queiroz resigned before the finals after falling out with the South African Football Association.

Boy if that is the attitude he has, I think reviewing the TTFF and its head is vital.   :o Just saying!! ;D
cosign.

AirMan

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2011, 01:40:23 AM »
I have no problem with Queiroz as coach..He has a successful resume.

My only concern is whether or not he will have full access to all available T&T players and will be given the opportunity to actually be the one in charge of the team

No I DO NOT want latas as assistant, the new incoming coach should bring his own assistants who have worked with him the past.
Latas will be better off coaching within our pro league, where he can gain more experience

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2011, 02:32:09 AM »
JW: Ploy/Decoy
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Yogi

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2011, 07:47:15 AM »
I for one don't want Latapy being nowhere near the national setup, even at youth level. He needs to get some experience by working his way up the ladder.He will only undermine the new coach if he is an assistant. Let Queiroz bring his own staff as Beenhakker was allowed to.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2011, 08:04:08 AM »

david don't mind them shoving something down a foreign coach throat
spot on TI, Its called development. You look, learn and replace.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2011, 08:26:55 AM »
Shits coach. He fail everywhere he went as the head. Did you see the brand played by Real and Portugal under him despite their strong team?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2011, 09:14:29 AM »
I have reservations about Quiroz as our Senior Team Coach... Spidey's point is well made... he an excellent ASSISTANT, but can't seem to get success as a HEAD Coach, and he won't exactly be coming into an organized set-up... but if he DOES get the job AND Latas is his Assistant (one of the reasons being Latas speaks Portuguese from his time there.. a la Corneal and "Mr M") this will be Maturana 2.0... of course that might fit in nicely with someone's OTHER agenda to ensure we do NOT make it to 2014, as the REAL target is Russia 2018 by which time there will be NO TRACE of the 2006 Soca Warriors in the Senior Team set-up... time will tell... personally if we spending BIG bucks on our head Coach I'd rather see Martin Jol or Frank Rijkaard men with PROVEN success at BOTH Club AND Country...AND this would be in keeping with the "Dutch Model".

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2011, 10:44:31 AM »
Queiroz don't need help with English. He is fluent in the language.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2011, 12:24:16 PM »
Queiroz don't need help with English. He is fluent in the language.

thats what i thought. keep latas away from this national team.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »
I have reservations about Quiroz as our Senior Team Coach... Spidey's point is well made... he an excellent ASSISTANT, but can't seem to get success as a HEAD Coach, and he won't exactly be coming into an organized set-up... but if he DOES get the job AND Latas is his Assistant (one of the reasons being Latas speaks Portuguese from his time there.. a la Corneal and "Mr M") this will be Maturana 2.0... of course that might fit in nicely with someone's OTHER agenda to ensure we do NOT make it to 2014, as the REAL target is Russia 2018 by which time there will be NO TRACE of the 2006 Soca Warriors in the Senior Team set-up... time will tell... personally if we spending BIG bucks on our head Coach I'd rather see Martin Jol or Frank Rijkaard men with PROVEN success at BOTH Club AND Country...AND this would be in keeping with the "Dutch Model".

your wrong breds, the big paycheck is in brazil for the ttff, south africa would have been a small payback, brazil is huge and ttff wants us there by any means necessary

truetrini

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2011, 12:44:02 PM »
stop talking shit for 2011

your wrong breds, the big paycheck is in brazil for the ttff, south africa would have been a small payback, brazil is huge and ttff wants us there by any means necessary

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2011, 12:50:04 PM »

ladies first

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2011, 04:47:11 PM »
Beggers can't be choosers! any port for a storm. right now , any coach better than what we had for in the past three yrs, and any situation better than what we had in the past 4 yrs.

bring in any experienced coach and exclude any local coaches from the set up including latapy and corneal and i happy like a tableland wild monkey in ah balata tree.

is donkey yrs i watching substandard T&T football, all the way back when denoon laforest and skinner dem was playing ball and eatin nuff licks, so i accustomed tuh disappointment.  any news is great news.   allyuh have ah lot more sad days coming up if allyuh want tuh continue supporting this monkey football that we call trinidad football, players and federation alike.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:27:59 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2011, 08:52:40 PM »

ladies first
:rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2011, 08:09:14 AM »
Former Dutch international football star Ruud Gullit is making a comeback in the game as a trainer. Dutch newspaper, De Telegraaf, says the 48-year-old from Amsterdam is moving to Russia.

The mass-circulation daily says the former national squad captain is going to sign an 18-month contract as manager of Terek Grozny in Chechnya. The Chechen club is currently number 11 in the Russian Premier League.

Gullit has worked as trainer in England at Chelsea, Newcastle United and at the Dutch club Feyenoord and the US club Los Angeles Galaxy. He was also manager of the Dutch national youth (under 21s) soccer squad. Last year, he presided over the unsuccessful Dutch-Belgian bid to host the 2018 World Cup.

guess this rules him out ...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2011, 12:21:11 PM »
Former Dutch international football star Ruud Gullit is making a comeback in the game as a trainer. Dutch newspaper, De Telegraaf, says the 48-year-old from Amsterdam is moving to Russia.

The mass-circulation daily says the former national squad captain is going to sign an 18-month contract as manager of Terek Grozny in Chechnya. The Chechen club is currently number 11 in the Russian Premier League.

Gullit has worked as trainer in England at Chelsea, Newcastle United and at the Dutch club Feyenoord and the US club Los Angeles Galaxy. He was also manager of the Dutch national youth (under 21s) soccer squad. Last year, he presided over the unsuccessful Dutch-Belgian bid to host the 2018 World Cup.

guess this rules him out ...

pretty soon tigana will also be added, Coach Q looks like the likely candidate, according to our world class reporting in TT 8)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2011, 05:37:14 PM »
In all honesty I never had CQ on the radar. All the others but not him.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2011, 05:42:32 PM »
In all honesty I never had CQ on the radar. All the others but not him.

Queiroz was recommended and contacted by LP.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2011, 05:43:04 PM »
The only person who eh get ah tush coaching the NT I think is Ralphie. And sometimes how the teams does play I won't suprise he does run sessions too.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2011, 06:29:28 PM »
If Carlos get the job I think he may use the opportunity to identify/recommend some raw talent for United. Think Bebe!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2011, 05:11:11 AM »
The only person who eh get ah tush coaching the NT I think is Ralphie. And sometimes how the teams does play I won't suprise he does run sessions too.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Next thing we go hear we did not get Morinho because Madrid did not want to release him ...then is Ralphie as only he was available ! throw dem ah bone ...let all dem mangy curs kill themselves over it ...

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Queiroz shortlisted for job as T&T coach
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2011, 09:50:38 PM »
Queiroz shortlisted for job as T&T coach
By CMC

Former Portugal coach Carlos Queiroz has been confirmed as one of four candidates vying to replace Russell Latapy as Trinidad and Tobago coach.

T&T Football Federation technical advisor Keith Look Loy said Queiroz and three Dutch coaches had been shortlisted and would be interviewed shortly.

"We have actually been given the all clear by the TTFF to start performing interviews with the names we have shortlisted," Look Loy said.

"Among those is former Manchester United assistant coach Queiroz, whose name has already been mentioned in the local media. Queiroz along with three coaches from Holland are the top contenders for the post."

Look Loy did not reveal the names of the Dutch candidates.

Before making the final decision, TTFF top brass are expected to sit down with the Ministry of Sport to thrash out an agreement on a salary.

Queiroz, who was sacked last September by Portugal after the team's weak start to the Euro 2012 qualifiers, has coached Spanish giants Real Madrid and served as assistant coach at top English club Manchester United.

He has also had spells with United Arab Emirates and South Africa.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Queiroz shortlisted for job as T&T coach
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2011, 09:52:58 PM »
Hmmm. Why confirm one and not the others? Has the decision already been made?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Queiroz shortlisted for job as T&T coach
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2011, 10:50:57 PM »
Hmmm. Why confirm one and not the others? Has the decision already been made?
Sounds like Queiroz is being used as a ploy. No coach of that stature would tolerate his name being used as rabbit. This rumor has been circulated for over a week. Either Queiroz is the only one the TTFF is talking to or they are not talking to him at all.

1]; } ?>