June 16, 2024, 01:56:05 AM

Author Topic: 2011 Results  (Read 34255 times)

truetrini

Re: 2011 Results
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2011, 12:26:47 AM »
I see Brown is well on the come back trail and I expect in 3 months an improved time..say 10.10 or thereabouts...what allyuh experts say?

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2011, 01:59:30 AM »
Brown could quite realistically be 10.10 by trials in 4 weeks time, but that all depends on what his charges have planned for him. If they want him to make the individual team some high intensity speed work and a proper taper over he next few weeks will get him to 10.1 or even better. But again that all depends on whether is body has recuperated enough to handle that kind of strain and what goals they have set for the year.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
  • The talent to be a great runner is a gift from Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2011, 04:44:45 AM »
Well i saw it Live and Direct and he looking Good Not the Usual last 40m we have come to know him for but it go Come. So far the man get in 6 runs that is saying a lot. His Aim is 10.0s by seniors and that is very likely

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2011, 07:19:34 AM »
I expected something there abouts so by trials definitely 10.1's possibly 10.0s (because of the new track at hasely crawford stadium). Glad to see him making improvements with each race and nothing is being rushed. Wishing the best for him and the rest of the guys.

My girl Michelle back running 11.5's again! Great to see- she needs to get a hookup with DB's Florida coach Vern Gambetta(i think) so she can rid her self of those frequently occurring injuries and start running those quick times. If she wasn't injured so regularly Kelly's 11.17 NJR would have been disposed of! This girl is something else I just hope the technique can be ironed out and injuries can be dealt with and if so we may have our 3rd sub-11 woman( providing Semoy is the 2nd which i expect her to be in the near future).

event 25  Women 100 Meter Dash
============================================================================
    Name                    Year Team                    Finals  Wind Points
Finals                                                                     
  1 Ahye, Michelle-Lee           Concorde                 11.50   0.4       
  2 Durant, Kamaria              Simplex                  11.93   0.4       
  3 Springer, Sasha              Rebirth                  11.95   0.4       
  4 Stafford, Donelle            Concorde                 12.62   0.4       
  5 Mason, Shun-Shauna           Concorde                 12.70   0.4       

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2011, 07:29:22 AM »
Brown's time is indeed encouraging. And notice no one is proclaiming a 9.9, 9.8, 9.7 - reasonable and optimistic comments, so give the man his due. His times so far are the 3rd most impressive of all of T&T sprinters right now, hardly that of a "has been".

Even more impressive in my view is Machel Cedenio - 46.96, 2 weeks shy of his 16th birthday. Had he run this time at Carifta he would have broken Bolt's age group/championship record. All that with suspect form and race strategy. So with the right guidance this youth with obvious great conditioning, intestinal fortitude, and Trini bad mind (as we saw in the Carifta 200m and 4x400m) should be a treat to follow as his career progresses.

I expected something there abouts so by trials definitely 10.1's possibly 10.0s (because of the new track at hasely crawford stadium). Glad to see him making improvements with each race and nothing is being rushed. Wishing the best for him and the rest of the guys.

My girl Michelle back running 11.5's again! Great to see- she needs to get a hookup with DB's Florida coach Vern Gambetta(i think) so she can rid her self of those frequently occurring injuries and start running those quick times. If she wasn't injured so regularly Kelly's 11.17 NJR would have been disposed of! This girl is something else I just hope the technique can be ironed out and injuries can be dealt with and if so we may have our 3rd sub-11 woman( providing Semoy is the 2nd which i expect her to be in the near future).

event 25  Women 100 Meter Dash
    Name                    Year Team                    Finals  Wind Points
Finals                                                                     
  1 Ahye, Michelle-Lee           Concorde                 11.50   0.4       
  2 Durant, Kamaria              Simplex                  11.93   0.4       
  3 Springer, Sasha              Rebirth                  11.95   0.4       
  4 Stafford, Donelle            Concorde                 12.62   0.4       
  5 Mason, Shun-Shauna           Concorde                 12.70   0.4       

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:16:57 PM by STMB »

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2011, 09:45:10 AM »
oh yeh forgot bout M. Cedenio!!! definite talent for the future- amazing prospects so long as he continues this improvement!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2011, 10:10:47 AM »
Would it be dangerous for him to run a few 200's or would that be too risky given his injury track record?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2011, 10:13:45 AM »
I see Brown is well on the come back trail and I expect in 3 months an improved time..say 10.10 or thereabouts...what allyuh experts say?

I agree. That seems very realistic.

I heard he slowed down in the last 15-20 meters. Given that.... I would even push for a 10.0s in the next 3 months. Anything below 10 at this point might be a little too ambitious. But I dont think it is totally out of reach for DB.

MC will be the one to look for. Cant believe a 16 year old blaze some big men yesterday.

Any video of the races?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:30:16 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2011, 11:20:36 AM »
Richard in the Netherlands today....

Official Results - Men - 100 Metres - Wind : +0.3 m/s Pos    Athlete    Nat    Mark
1    Kim Collins    [SKN] SKN    10.05
2    Churandy Martina    [NED] NED    10.10
3    Richard Thompson    [trI] TRI    10.13
4    Mario Forsythe    [JAM] JAM    10.14
5    J-Mee Samuels    [USA] USA    10.25
6    Monzavous Edwards    [USA] USA    10.29
7    Emmanuel Callander    [trI] TRI    10.29
8    Emanuele Di Gregorio    [ITA] ITA    10.38
9    Craig Pickering    [GBR] GBR    10.38

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2011, 06:25:02 PM »
Any video of the races?

i can have it by tomorrow. edit: make that tonight !
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 06:41:47 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2011, 06:55:39 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cIhniu67XlA&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cIhniu67XlA&amp;</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2011, 10:01:15 PM »
Good look DHW :thumbsup:

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2011, 07:48:40 AM »
A better version of Richard's 100m race from the Netherlands:-

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7kzIoRA9mU&amp;feature=mfu_in_order&amp;list=UL" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/V7kzIoRA9mU&amp;feature=mfu_in_order&amp;list=UL</a>
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 02:05:35 PM by Aviator »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2011, 02:26:55 PM »
A better version of Richard's 100m race from the Netherlands:-

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7kzIoRA9mU&amp;feature=mfu_in_order&amp;list=UL" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/V7kzIoRA9mU&amp;feature=mfu_in_order&amp;list=UL</a>

when is the sub 10 going to come .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2011, 03:41:59 PM »
It will come, but he has LOTS of work to do.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2011, 05:32:54 PM »
I guess the race to get in the 10.0s range will be between DB and RT. DB took it easy in the last 15-20 meters of his last race, it looks as if he will get near the 10.10 range by his next race. RT should not be losing to Kim Collins and Lemaitre, considering that he has had some top quality races so far.

Nesta Carter opened with a 10.27 .... it will be interesting to compare his progression with DB and RT. If JA coaching and training is really what it is then Nesta Carter should get sub 10 in the next 4-5 weeks. Which I think is very possible. 

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2011, 09:48:25 PM »
I guess the race to get in the 10.0s range will be between DB and RT. DB took it easy in the last 15-20 meters of his last race, it looks as if he will get near the 10.10 range by his next race. RT should not be losing to Kim Collins and Lemaitre, considering that he has had some top quality races so far.

Nesta Carter opened with a 10.27 .... it will be interesting to compare his progression with DB and RT. If JA coaching and training is really what it is then Nesta Carter should get sub 10 in the next 4-5 weeks. Which I think is very possible. 

In all reality Nesta is most likely ahead of RT and Brown already. When you take into consideration that to insure a spot on the JAM team this season you have to be able to ready to run sub-9.90 at their trials. He was cruising in that 10.27 run, there was a lot more left in that thank. Franno is not going to send him to Eugene this Saturday or to race Tyson Gay next week in New York if he was not ready to run fast.

As for Richard, I will not hit the panic button yet. With the recent coaching change, he will go through an adjusment period, where he might even temporarily regress as he learns new techniques. He should be able to comfortably qualify at nationals in the next few weeks, and with that out the way, would be able to spend some quality time getting ready for World`s.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2011, 11:49:48 PM »

When it gets warmer in Europe! And RT needs to stop running with his chain in his mouth.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2011, 06:45:44 AM »
Not certain we getting a sub 10 from him this season .... not impressed ... he isn't progressing ....  :(

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2011, 09:12:48 AM »
Not certain we getting a sub 10 from him this season .... not impressed ... he isn't progressing ....  :(

Agree. Based on his races for the year...he should already be in the 10.0s range. With that being said, I think the race for the best time will be between RT KB and DB. I think by trials he, KB and DB will be in the 10.0s range.

Really cant say who will be our next consistent sub 10 athlete. Some believe that it will be either RT, KB and yes DB. I think if DB has a healthy season, anything is possible. I do know that DB is HUNGRY and is really putting in the hours on the training ground. He has already told people around him that this is the best he has felt since 02 & 03. Once RT gets adjusted to the new coaching then who knows? And this could be KBs break out season.   

With RT stagnating, MB slipping up, KB & RS making slow but steady improvement and DB making a comeback, it will be interesting to see who will represent T&T at the WCs. The race will come down to these five for the 1st 2nd and 3rd places. And based on the current season performances, no places are certain.

Last, RS will definitely make the relay team at the expense of either EC or AA.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2011, 03:00:19 PM »

When it gets warmer in Europe! And RT needs to stop running with his chain in his mouth.

It has been warm in Europe!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2011, 10:13:51 AM »

Funny how you can ask that now when you were being told the very thing some weeks ago and you rejected all  ??? just go back to page one on this same thread ..and all your questions were already answered there. you flatly rejected Brown ..... your grandmother( deceased) could run faster .....
well some races later ..no injuries reported , steady progress , see how the grass looks greener now ?

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2011, 12:09:38 PM »

Funny how you can ask that now when you were being told the very thing some weeks ago and you rejected all  ??? just go back to page one on this same thread ..and all your questions were already answered there. you flatly rejected Brown ..... your grandmother( deceased) could run faster .....
well some races later ..no injuries reported , steady progress , see how the grass looks greener now ?

Please let’s not count our chickens just yet!

If when he runs a 10.0 or under this season and does not injure himself then we can start getting optimistic!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

truetrini

« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2011, 12:51:24 PM »

You getting chained up..how is 10.10 a good time?  yuh feel this is 1970 or wha?  steups   Yuh really taking chain easy...grass greener on your side because yuh fertilizing it with bullshit.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2011, 01:32:21 PM »

Please let’s not count our chickens just yet!

If when he runs a 10.0 or under this season and does not injure himself then we can start getting optimistic!!
If you check my earlier post you will see me saying just that .

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2011, 01:37:06 PM »

You getting chained up..how is 10.10 a good time?  yuh feel this is 1970 or wha?  steups   Yuh really taking chain easy...grass greener on your side because yuh fertilizing it with bullshit.

I really wonder if you read what you write before posting ...I was responding to what you wrote acknowledging that without injury Brown looks like he is definitely coming back .. noone said he is expected to run 9's this season ..just you ..but then again you ranting ..so not much clear thought here ..

truetrini

« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »

I really wonder if you read what you write before posting ...I was responding to what you wrote acknowledging that without injury Brown looks like he is definitely coming back .. noone said he is expected to run 9's this season ..just you ..but then again you ranting ..so not much clear thought here ..

You an dthe other Brown supporters need to understand sarcastic remarks

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2011, 05:01:13 PM »

Dont worry Trinity...I realize it was all sarcasm.

truetrini

« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2011, 10:37:42 PM »

Dont worry Trinity...I realize it was all sarcasm.

That said, If Brown does break the sub 10 barrier I would be very happy for him and for T&T.

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »
Iaaf rabat

We have another 200/400m runner

1   Lalonde Gordon    TRI   45.51 :D
2   William Collazo    CUB   45.57
3   Martyn Rooney    GBR   46.19
4   David Greene    GBR   46.29
5   Erison Hurtault    DMA   46.38