April 18, 2024, 05:34:56 PM

Author Topic: Javed Mohammed selected by Colorado Rapids in MLS Supplemental Draft  (Read 8199 times)

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
Re: Javed Mohammed selected by Colorado Rapids in MLS Supplemental Draft
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2011, 04:34:38 PM »
I have a question. If he good enough to get drafted, was he ever scouted by T&T management in college?

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 12:26:58 AM »
I watch de Indian play when they Played West Virginia Universtiy this past season. De mah look good. He did not seem slow to me. Nice left foot. He hit ah nice free kick straight on ah man head for a USF goal. Doh fight down de indian please. Wish de man all de best. Yuh doh see Indian kicking ball at this level. Them fellers does Usually be playing 20/20 cricket. Good luck feller and all de best.

De man look way better than Leston Paul who fellers on this site was calling de next latas. That play real shyt and could'nt see he way. My boy and then was getting real kicks on me when I tell them leston went U20 world cup.
Man ask me if I was getting tie up between special olympics and U20 World cup. I was really embarrassed with leston play. Maybe de feller had a bad day. Well at least ah hope so.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2011, 12:43:11 AM »

De man look way better than Leston Paul who fellers on this site was calling de next latas. That play real shyt and could'nt see he way. My boy and then was getting real kicks on me when I tell them leston went U20 world cup.
Man ask me if I was getting tie up between special olympics and U20 World cup. I was really embarrassed with leston play. Maybe de feller had a bad day. Well at least ah hope so.

:rotfl:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2011, 05:22:23 AM »
I have a question. If he good enough to get drafted, was he ever scouted by T&T management in college?

Yuh never know wat de TTFF up to, but Javed is well known. He was captain of de U-17 team, and also played for de U-20 team. Usually fellas in college doh play for de national team because dey does get horrors tuh get time orf.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 11:20:40 AM »
I watch de Indian play when they Played West Virginia Universtiy this past season. De mah look good. He did not seem slow to me. Nice left foot. He hit ah nice free kick straight on ah man head for a USF goal. Doh fight down de indian please. Wish de man all de best. Yuh doh see Indian kicking ball at this level. Them fellers does Usually be playing 20/20 cricket. Good luck feller and all de best.

what the hell going on, one minute man saying javed slow like a snail, the next minute i hearing he have speed and better than leston paul? ???

who really know what going on, i better watch the youth myself yes and make my own judgement, as usual

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 12:45:02 PM »
Javed should not be new to anybody. He is a former U-17 captain. He is not a speedy player, he uses skill more than brawn. I saw him briefly in a college game. And he was decent that night. You know how college games does be sometimes, 100 miles a min. I think he is one that TTFF should have in their pool of players, especially now that he is drafted. He don't have to deal with classes anymore.  I know he use to player mid in high school, but was shifted to the wing back. I was hoping he would develop as a mid man, but we will see. He will first have to make the final cut, then we can talk about professional life.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 05:12:55 PM »
Wait, I just realise something, this fella is Flex cousin or brother, which on ?

Both of them is Mohammed and they from La Romain.  8)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2011, 09:20:06 AM »
Naparima College Association of Past Students <ncoba@naps.edu.tt> to 8:59am

CONGRATS FROM N.A.P.S

The Naparima College Association of Past Students would like to send congratulations to the Trinidad & Tobago Cricket Team on winning the Caribbean T20 Championship, 2011. This victory has earned them the right to compete in the Airtel T20 Champions League, later this year in India.

Special mention must be given to our fellow Napsmen, Captain Daren Ganga, Sherwin Ganga, Samuel Badree and assistant coach David Williams, for their outstanding efforts.

In other great news, former Naparima student and National U-17 Football Captain graduated from the University of South Florida. He entered the Major League Soccer draft and was signed by the Colorado Rapids. Javed has also received offers from other clubs in the United Soccer Leagues.

It is with great pride and honour that N.A.P.S say thank you to Daren, Sherwin, Samuel, David and Javed for their continuous excellence and representing our Alma Mater...A Posse Ad Esse!!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 06:47:51 AM »
Family support guides Javed to MLS.
By:Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Former national under-17 captain Javed Mohammed says the ongoing support of his family has been a major influence in his success in the United States which resulted in him being drafted by Colorado Rapids last week.

Mohammed is currently in training with Rapids following an outstanding season with University of South Florida where a series of impressive performances in the left back position caught the eye of Rapids head coach Gary Smith. “My family has been my main form of inspiration.

Being away from them is very hard but I know they are behind me one 100 per cent. My parents have been really encouraging and I know whatever happens they will forever be proud,” added the La Romaine born Naparima College graduate.

Mohammed noted his style has changed. “When I played in T&T, my position was left wing. When I came to college, the coach examined my play and said he wanted me to try the left back role.

My main asset is my left foot.  “At USF, I take all free kicks and corners so this helps when it comes to getting the attention of teams.

In my position I’m versatile, running up and down the flank. The style of play has changed so left backs are now attacking more and I’m fulfilling that role now.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 08:43:03 AM »
Good luck Javed. I remember reading about him playing in the mid and upfront in college and for the youth team. Good the have players who can play different position without any hassle.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2011, 08:57:33 AM »
Well done.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Javed released from Colorado camp
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2011, 07:56:49 AM »
Over the past three weeks, seven other players were observed but released before the team left for Arizona: 2nd Round SuperDraft pick Colin Givens, Supplemental Draft pick Javed Mohammed, and non-drafted players Corie Treacy, Josh Janniere, Masaki Hemmi, Joevin Jones, and Shahdon Winchester.
http://www.coloradorapids.com/news/2011/02/rapids-take-30-players-arizona-trip

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2011, 08:50:32 AM »
so wait nah, ppl on the forum does say MLS is real crap, no better that our pro league.  winchester is a future star yet few of our players get contracts in the MLS.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2011, 09:00:37 AM »
so wait nah, ppl on the forum does say MLS is real crap, no better that our pro league.  winchester is a future star yet few of our players get contracts in the MLS.

Yuh have tuh keep in mind dat our players are fighting for international roster spots which are a limited resource.

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2011, 09:31:38 AM »
Our players must be consistant Snr. team starters to have any possible chance, and then it is what the coaches are looking for compared to what they already have.Kerry Baptiste has a lot of caps?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2011, 09:35:22 AM »
Our players must be consistant Snr. team starters to have any possible chance, and then it is what the coaches are looking for compared to what they already have.Kerry Baptiste has a lot of caps?

Fifty

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2011, 05:19:42 AM »
Mohammed gets another MLS trial.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Javed Mohammed Former National Under 20 defender Javed Mohammed is getting a second shot at playing in the American MLS after joining Sporting Kansas on trial on Thursday.

Mohammed had been back in Trinidad on a short break following another stint at Tampa. Prior to that he was drafted in the third round of the MLS Supplimental Draft by Colorado Rapids but was released a month later.

He will be on trial at Kansas until July 2. The 22-year-old Mohammed captained the T&T Under 17 team and is also a graduate of Naparima College and University of South Florida where he made 80 appearances and was named Second Team All-BIG EAST Conference in 2009.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2011, 05:29:18 AM »
Good luck to Javed.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2011, 01:09:30 PM »
Allyuh have to understand what American coaches look for first is size, speed and strength. Javed is a defender if I recall correctly so he will be easily bypassed.

Food for thought, if Messi had tried out for the MLS he never would have made it.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2011, 08:14:04 PM »
ah hope he get tru yes...guuuud luck mammoo :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2011, 08:57:20 PM »
Allyuh have to understand what American coaches look for first is size, speed and strength. Javed is a defender if I recall correctly so he will be easily bypassed.

Food for thought, if Messi had tried out for the MLS he never would have made it.

Speed and strength, yes. Size, not necessarily. Though it does help. And that's not just MLS, that's ALL top level football.

Messi has the first two. And incredible skill. So yes, he would have made it to the MLS. To think that he would not is absurd. Food for thought, is Keon Daniel big, strong and speedy?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2014, 05:24:39 PM »
Javed Mohammed now with Marabella Family in the SFA.

1]; } ?>