April 29, 2024, 06:01:22 AM

Author Topic: World Club Championship  (Read 4364 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: World Club Championship
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 11:39:59 AM »
The question that seems to pop up in all this is: when does a player transitioning from the Campeonato Brasileiro need to spend time @ a feeder club? I mentioned Lukaku but, in fairness to Elan, Lukaku had Anderlecht. Ronaldinho had PSG, Ronaldo had PSV. Alternatively, Kaka and Pato strolled directly to Milan. Anderson's arrival @ Old Trafford was preceded by a very brief stint @ Porto. Allyuh could come up with other examples and case studies. What's realistic?

I think maybe a team like Villareal or Valencia maybe a good fit for him. Or if he wants to engage in the EPL he can go to a Feeder club like Man Utd or Arsenal  :P  however like Dinho I think the Spanish league is where he need to ply his trade.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 01:05:38 PM »
The question that seems to pop up in all this is: when does a player transitioning from the Campeonato Brasileiro need to spend time @ a feeder club? I mentioned Lukaku but, in fairness to Elan, Lukaku had Anderlecht. Ronaldinho had PSG, Ronaldo had PSV. Alternatively, Kaka and Pato strolled directly to Milan. Anderson's arrival @ Old Trafford was preceded by a very brief stint @ Porto. Allyuh could come up with other examples and case studies. What's realistic?

Romario- PSV, Eto_ loan to Leganes & Mallorca, Dwight Yorke - Aston Villa, Weah - Monaco, Suarez - Ajax, Rivaldo. Deportivo La Coruna

Yuh need more?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »

Romario- PSV, Eto_ loan to Leganes & Mallorca, Dwight Yorke - Aston Villa, Weah - Monaco, Suarez - Ajax, Rivaldo. Deportivo La Coruna

Yuh need more?

Ronaldo Man United........  :devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2011, 02:05:44 PM »

Yuh need more?

Ronaldo Man United........  :devil:

Still nursin dat tarbanca uh? ;)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 02:12:26 PM »
Before we get carried away ... I know that players have gone to feeder clubs to improve their game. I'm restricting the focus to Brazilian players because @ issue here in the thread was the transitioning of Neymar into European football. That's why the quality of Santos came into question.

An African player who left Africa as a youngster and started professional life in Europe is differently situated from a Brazilian player who has had professional exposure in Brazil but none in Europe @club level. Same too any European player who eventually graduates to a bigger European club.

That's why I've mentioned Anderson, Pato and Kaka ... there's always this recurring notion of the next Brazilian prodigy ... Neymar seems  a bit more exposed than some of the other names. So I thought having a look at the experience/background of other Brazilians before Neymar ... might be constructive.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 02:14:40 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2011, 05:52:27 PM »
Robinho.

1]; } ?>