April 24, 2024, 02:47:46 PM

Author Topic: Baptiste set to quit Joe Public  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Baptiste set to quit Joe Public
« on: January 20, 2011, 05:43:41 AM »
Baptiste set to quit Joe Public.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Soca Warriors striker Kerry Baptiste has parted ways with Digicel Pro League club, bmobile Joe Public after a four-year stay.

The 29-year-old Baptiste, whose previous contract with Joe Public expired earlier this month, has been offered a very good package from the club management but decided not to take up the offer as he seeks a new challenge.

Last year, Baptiste who led Joe Public to a historic five titles with 50 goals went on trials at English Championship Division club, Ipswich Town and also was the target of a few US Major League Soccer clubs.

But none of the moves materialised for Baptiste who enjoyed four successful seasons with Joe Public after joining from bitter rival, San Juan Jabloteh.

During his stint at Joe Public, Baptiste won no fewer than seven trophies. In 2007 he was part of Joe Public’s T&T Football Federation FA Trophy and Toyota Classic winning teams while during the 2009 campaign Baptiste led his club to the Pro League, FA Trophy, Toyota Classic, Digicel Pro Bowl and “Big Six” crowns.

Speaking about his decision, Baptiste said it has in no way affected his relationship with the current club players and management of the club. “They all respected my decision as the former club captain and have wished me the best of luck in the future.”

Reflecting on his four years with the Eastern Lions, Baptiste said, “I enjoyed my time with the club. We won a number of trophies together and grew a lot as a team but unfortunately there is a time when one has to move on.

“I also won some individual awards which I have to thank my former team-mates for because we did everything as a team and without their support on and off the field I don’t think it would have been possible.”

With respect to his former club Baptiste said, “I wish them the best of luck for the rest of the season while at the same time I will continue to work hard to attain my goals.”
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:36:09 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Baptiste set to quit Joe Public
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 05:52:28 AM »
I feel Baps knows what he's doing, so I am happy for him. Waiting for him to buss de nex' news soon.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 12:19:47 PM »
At age 29, he will most times not be viewed as a good long term prospect and past his prime as a debutant in a foreign Pro-League, but Kerry is still a force in local football.

Best of luck Kerry, I believe you were held back for far too long early in your career.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 04:22:21 PM »
Maybe DF trying to get him??????

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 09:31:51 PM »
Maybe DF trying to get him??????

maybe Joe Public promises did'nt materialise ???

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 09:07:04 AM »
It looking like men going wherever they could get champions league football. Not good for club stability
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 10:39:54 AM »
It looking like men going wherever they could get champions league football. Not good for club stability

Public could still play champions league if they finish second. And baptiste cannot go to Defence Force. Plus I dont think there is any other  club in Trinidad who will match his JP salary

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 11:38:45 AM »
Just interested to know why he cannot play for Defense force?
All American

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 11:45:52 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SZuV1ij7tVE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SZuV1ij7tVE</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 01:28:10 PM »

I think its because you have to be a member of the protective services

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 03:44:15 PM »

Well, that's exactly it. He would have to join the DF. He will be a soldier or sailor or air-guard.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 06:24:17 PM »

Well, that's exactly it. He would have to join the DF. He will be a soldier or sailor or air-guard.

soooooooooo what does dat mean for d business side ah d football re transfers, fees and what not ??? ???
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 07:18:45 PM »

soooooooooo what does dat mean for d business side ah d football re transfers, fees and what not ??? ???

Good? when Berry boys got contracts from d army who got d money?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 07:22:44 PM »

That is interesting one. I am not really  sure. I am only guessing on this. Kerry is a free agent, so he can go to any team, including the DF. I am not sure on compensation to JP. Now I am assuming that if a player in the DF is attracted by another team, that team may have to pay DF money(Because the player is active duty, unless his time in the DF is ending). All of this is speculation on my part. Apart from Coops, any past and present DF people on the forum, please clarify.

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 07:36:24 PM »
He cant join the force cuz of his age unless he join the reserves but he can play for defence force as a civilian

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 07:59:34 PM »
Coops told me if a DF player is attracted by a pro club, he can get permission to leave and no transfer money is involved.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 08:02:46 PM »
Coops told me if a DF player is attracted by a pro club, he can get permission to leave and no transfer money is involved.

:beermug: So Berry real score wit dem army fellas. He get all d money. No wonder he wanted 2 rip off Jack.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 09:37:56 PM »
 wasn't Scotland initial move to the Scottish club reported to be about 100,000 pounds for de army in transfer fees?

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 01:05:27 PM »
So where he going? He hadda make big decisions. He crossing 30 this year, ent?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 04:42:03 PM »
wasn't Scotland initial move to the Scottish club reported to be about 100,000 pounds for de army in transfer fees?
        No Sir,where the Army is concerned deals like this etc etc is between the individual players and who ever making the necessary hook ups for them,Army don't get any money from deals,anything Army goes through government.(Football is something the Army used to build it's public image).
        I don't think people trying to understand when you sign for the Army that oath you take what it means,i am not going to go into details but just relate it to any military establishment any where in the world,we are fortunate to have an Army so heavily involved in Football in our country,how many countries can afford that,the military is different.Police and other services are more flexable to do the things you all talking about,they are viewed as civilians you can join today and walk out tomorrow. 

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 05:34:53 PM »
I find de new style is not to sign no contract or not have a club in order to leverage a new deal. Wha allyuh think bout dat? Allyuh find it working?

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>