March 28, 2024, 03:51:14 PM

Author Topic: Pro League & Foreign Based player/coaches movements.  (Read 74582 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pro League & Foreign Based player/coaches movements.
« Reply #300 on: June 06, 2018, 05:53:15 PM »
Interesting to see these QPCC's acquisition. Are they finally trying to upgrade their football. Let us see how they move.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 06, 2018, 09:02:15 PM »
Interesting to see these QPCC's acquisition. Are they finally trying to upgrade their football. Let us see how they move.

It's a bit of that, a bit of the partnership between QPCC and the Can Bou Play Foundation that we formed and the fact that there is an exodus from the Pro League. 

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 06, 2018, 11:38:32 PM »

It's a bit of that, a bit of the partnership between QPCC and the Can Bou Play Foundation that we formed and the fact that there is an exodus from the Pro League. 
So some pro league players departing from the league?

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 07, 2018, 01:19:37 AM »

So some pro league players departing from the league?

A good few. About 6 or so players who won the league with North East last season are playing in the Pro League this year. If you watch the PL squads this season, even the most avid fan would struggle to recognize half the names.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 07, 2018, 03:12:41 AM »
For the sake of football, good luck.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #305 on: August 02, 2019, 01:32:16 PM »
Trevin Caesar is now with Club Sando
Radanfah Abu Bakr is now with Morvant Caledonia

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 10, 2019, 05:24:39 AM »
Bostock - nottingham forrest loan
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 07:10:44 AM by Trini _2022 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dnice1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 10, 2019, 11:58:16 AM »
Kristian Lee-Him moved to Bremer SV (Germany)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 10, 2020, 05:01:49 PM »
Midfielder Jomoul Francois has joined Salvadoran Primera División club, Independiente FC. Jomoul most recently played with La Horquetta Rangers.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 10, 2020, 05:03:13 PM »
Andre Raymond, formerly of Naparima College and Montgomery College, has joined Portuguese Fourth Division club, Vilaverdense FC. Andre is 19 years old and operates at left-back. He has signed for the remainder of the 2019/20 season.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 10, 2020, 06:58:57 PM »
Midfielder Jomoul Francois has joined Salvadoran Primera División club, Independiente FC. Jomoul most recently played with La Horquetta Rangers.

Good Luck. How old is this guy?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:01:31 PM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 10, 2020, 07:00:13 PM »
Andre Raymond, formerly of Naparima College and Montgomery College, has joined Portuguese Fourth Division club, Vilaverdense FC. Andre is 19 years old and operates at left-back. He has signed for the remainder of the 2019/20 season.

Never heard about you. Good Luck. Left back. Good position!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 10, 2020, 07:07:59 PM »

Good Luck. How old is this guy?

Jomoul Francois is 24 years old.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2020, 01:02:46 AM »
Commissioner misses out as Griffith III features for Northern Ireland team, Coleraine.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith had to make do with a second-hand appraisal of his son Gary Griffith III’s first step towards his dream of a professional football career yesterday.

Griffith III, an attacker, featured as a trialist with Northern Ireland top flight club, Coleraine FC, last night along with compatriot and defender Jesse Williams. There was no review of how either played and they were not named in a brief match summary—although there was an independent photograph of the commissioner’s son.

Griffith had his application for vacation leave turned down by Minister of National Security Stuart Young, earlier this week, as he is expected to oversee an investigation into issues related to a TTPS raid on the controversial DSS financial enterprise in La Horquetta.

“I was planning to use my few weeks abroad to accompany him,” Griffith told Wired868. “They would be at Ipswich Town and Bury FC next week to then return to Coleraine FC. However duty calls.

“Hopefully when certain issues are dealt with at home, I may be able to drink a real Guinness and find my pot of gold in Ireland.”

Coleraine FC competed in the Europa League this season. Griffith confirmed that his son and Williams head to England next week for a brief stint with Ipswich Town and Bury FC too.

Ipswich, who play in England’s third tier at present, once employed Trinidad and Tobago international forward Jason Scotland. There is a ‘Trini’ link at Bury too, as the semi-professional team has another 2006 World Cup player, Carlos Edwards, on its books as a player-coach.

Griffith III, 17, and Williams, 18, have both represented Trinidad and Tobago at national youth level. However, while Williams is a stand-out at Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) level with St Anthony’s College and for Pro League outfit Central FC, the former is an unknown quantity locally.

Griffith III never turned out for St Mary’s College or Trinity College (Moka) in the SSFL Premier Division, although he did manage several appearances for North East Stars in the Pro League.

If he features in a competitive fixture this year, Griffith III will eclipse Levi Garcia as the youngest Trinidad and Tobago player to take part in a European top flight match.

Garcia, who now represents AEK Athens in Greece, was 18 years and two months old when he debuted for Eredivisie club, AZ, in a 4-2 home win over Feyenoord. A week later, Garcia became T&T’s youngest scorer in Europe when he came off the bench to score in AZ’s 3-0 win over NEC at the Goffertstadion in Nijmegen.

In both cases, Garcia erased records set by legendary Tobagonian Dwight Yorke at Aston Villa.

Griffith III, who is in England on a football scholarship with Sunderland College, turns 18 on 22 October. However, since he is in Britain on a student visa, he can play before his birthday—if he makes the grade.

Griffith and Williams were both members of the Men’s National Senior Team training squad under head coach Terry Fenwick, before their sessions were halted due to Covid-19 restrictions.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 10, 2020, 03:54:22 PM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago duo Gary Griffith III and Jesse Williams talk about settling in with Northern Ireland Premier League team Coleraine FC ahead of the new Premier League Season. Both players were registered just prior to the end of the European transfer window deadline on Monday. While awaiting their work permits, they shared their message, describing their journey so far as an enlightening one and they are urging other youngsters to keep chasing dreams.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BJo4pFUtAIc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BJo4pFUtAIc</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 11, 2020, 03:59:16 AM »
The word that comes to mind - when thinking about Coleraine and its environs - is "unfashionable". Yet, an opportunity is an opportunity.

An astute observer has noted that Coleraine FC and Avec are signatories to an apparel agreement.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 11, 2020, 05:13:25 AM »
The word that comes to mind - when thinking about Coleraine and its environs - is "unfashionable". Yet, an opportunity is an opportunity.

An astute observer has noted that Coleraine FC and Avec are signatories to an apparel agreement.

Same here hope both  show case their skills and get picked up by a  club in a better league. I wonder who  is  their  agent? 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 11, 2020, 09:43:00 AM »

Same here hope both  show case their skills and get picked up by a  club in a better league. I wonder who  is  their  agent?

I wouldn't presume that an agent was involved.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 12, 2020, 02:19:08 PM »
Northern Ireland is a reasonable destination - close to the European market with a chance of european football. Relatively low-cost to get scouted by English clubs who already comb through.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 12, 2020, 04:41:28 PM »
Northern Ireland is a reasonable destination - close to the European market with a chance of european football. Relatively low-cost to get scouted by English clubs who already comb through.

I'm still waiting for an official announcement from the club. I don't see anything about them on the club's website or social media pages.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 12, 2020, 05:50:27 PM »
Commissioner misses out as Griffith III features for Northern Ireland team, Coleraine.

Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith had to make do with a second-hand appraisal of his son Gary Griffith III’s first step towards his dream of a professional football career yesterday.

Griffith III, an attacker, featured as a trialist with Northern Ireland top flight club, Coleraine FC, last night along with compatriot and defender Jesse Williams. There was no review of how either played and they were not named in a brief match summary—although there was an independent photograph of the commissioner’s son.

Griffith had his application for vacation leave turned down by Minister of National Security Stuart Young, earlier this week, as he is expected to oversee an investigation into issues related to a TTPS raid on the controversial DSS financial enterprise in La Horquetta.

“I was planning to use my few weeks abroad to accompany him,” Griffith told Wired868. “They would be at Ipswich Town and Bury FC next week to then return to Coleraine FC. However duty calls.

“Hopefully when certain issues are dealt with at home, I may be able to drink a real Guinness and find my pot of gold in Ireland.”

Coleraine FC competed in the Europa League this season. Griffith confirmed that his son and Williams head to England next week for a brief stint with Ipswich Town and Bury FC too.

Ipswich, who play in England’s third tier at present, once employed Trinidad and Tobago international forward Jason Scotland. There is a ‘Trini’ link at Bury too, as the semi-professional team has another 2006 World Cup player, Carlos Edwards, on its books as a player-coach.

Griffith III, 17, and Williams, 18, have both represented Trinidad and Tobago at national youth level. However, while Williams is a stand-out at Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) level with St Anthony’s College and for Pro League outfit Central FC, the former is an unknown quantity locally.

Griffith III never turned out for St Mary’s College or Trinity College (Moka) in the SSFL Premier Division, although he did manage several appearances for North East Stars in the Pro League.

If he features in a competitive fixture this year, Griffith III will eclipse Levi Garcia as the youngest Trinidad and Tobago player to take part in a European top flight match.

Garcia, who now represents AEK Athens in Greece, was 18 years and two months old when he debuted for Eredivisie club, AZ, in a 4-2 home win over Feyenoord. A week later, Garcia became T&T’s youngest scorer in Europe when he came off the bench to score in AZ’s 3-0 win over NEC at the Goffertstadion in Nijmegen.

In both cases, Garcia erased records set by legendary Tobagonian Dwight Yorke at Aston Villa.

Griffith III, who is in England on a football scholarship with Sunderland College, turns 18 on 22 October. However, since he is in Britain on a student visa, he can play before his birthday—if he makes the grade.

Griffith and Williams were both members of the Men’s National Senior Team training squad under head coach Terry Fenwick, before their sessions were halted due to Covid-19 restrictions.

It stood out to me how 'nashy' this youth was in video of the recent National team training sessions that I saw. And this have me even more concerned. Anybody here could fill me in, if they ever see this youth play, if he any good and was deserving of being a) on any previous youth national team? b) this present national team? or is this just blatant nepotism at work?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 05:54:32 PM by kounty »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 13, 2020, 03:32:42 AM »

I'm still waiting for an official announcement from the club. I don't see anything about them on the club's website or social media pages.

If you PM me their birthdays I can get someone i know to check on the internal transfer service.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 14, 2020, 12:41:26 PM »
Brian Haynes is Inter Miami's U19 manager - again might be slow on this

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 14, 2020, 05:52:09 PM »

Yes, but only a bit  :D. He was appointed in August 2019. Julius James is also an Academy Staff coach.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 16, 2020, 12:45:40 AM »

Yes, but only a bit  :D. He was appointed in August 2019. Julius James is also an Academy Staff coach.

Yea I saw that too, it's quite encouraging to see so many Trini coaches out there. When things return to some sort of normalcy maybe we'll have a good breadth of coaching options

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 17, 2020, 04:35:06 AM »

It stood out to me how 'nashy' this youth was in video of the recent National team training sessions that I saw. And this have me even more concerned. Anybody here could fill me in, if they ever see this youth play, if he any good and was deserving of being a) on any previous youth national team? b) this present national team? or is this just blatant nepotism at work?
[/b]

Ahh i  was waiting for somone to notice ....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 17, 2020, 06:25:42 AM »
Ahh i  was waiting for somone to notice ....

Everybody have noticed from the start. They just gave him a bligh. Partly because of his dad and they were giving him the benefit of doubt. Some very good past TT players have never played college league football. He father has shown enthusiasm and  goodwill for the game, even though he could be overbearing at times.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Griffith III, Williams might join Northern Irish club’s academy
« Reply #327 on: October 18, 2020, 10:03:05 AM »
Griffith III, Williams might join Northern Irish club’s academy
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

Trinidad and Tobago youth footballers Jesse Williams and Gary Griffith III have not signed professional contracts with Northern Irish Club Coleraine FC, but may be installed in the academy team of the 2019-2020 Danske Bank Premiership runners-up, which offers a progression path to the first team.

Both national Under-20 players were recently on trial at League Cup winners Coleraine. Belfast Telegraph/Sunday Life reporter Michael Anderson confirmed that the T&T footballers remained uncontracted.

“Gary Griffith III and Jesse Williams have not yet sealed their move to the Showgrounds despite speculation on social media,” Anderson wrote, “The Trinidad and Tobago duo featured in a recent friendly with Loughgall.”

The players were recommended to first team manager Oran Kearney, who said at the time the club would monitor their progress. There is said to be some interest by the club in the players who, if eventually signed, would need both international clearance and Home Office clearance for the process to be completed.

Neither player have a senior international cap for Trinidad and Tobago, usually a requirement to get British Home Office clearance. Neither player was named when Coleraine announced its 2020-2021 senior squad, and they also were not mentioned among the official off-season recruits.

“Our summer recruits have taken the following numbers in brackets; Gareth Deane (1), Ronan Wilson (12), Evan Tweed (14) and Howard Beverland (22). Curtis Allen – who wore the number 35 jersey after signing in January – will now wear number 19, with Stewart Nixon taking number 21. Goalkeeper Martin Gallagher will now wear number 20.

Coleraine is one of several Irish football clubs going through severe financial difficulties brought on by Covid-19 restrictions. Coleraine chairman Colin McKendry says his primary focus remains on club survival.

“We need financial support quickly and the NI Football League, made representations to Stormont earlier this week,” McKendry said. “If we don’t secure additional funding, then I am not sure what will happen.”

The financial impact has seen Coleraine recently announce the restructuring of its youth programme to provide a clear pathway from the club’s junior ranks to Oran Kearney’s senior team.

“This is an exciting time for the youth footballers at Coleraine FC and the restructuring will ensure a clear identifiable pathway for progression at the club,” McKendry said.

In August, former Aston Villa and England international David Platt was appointed as the new Junior Academy Director at the club in charge of the Soccer School, seven and nine-a-side teams, and teams up to Under-15. Ollie Mullan is the Senior Academy Director in charge of U-16, 18 and 20 youth teams.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 26, 2021, 03:21:52 AM »
Gary Griffith III, Seon Thomas, Jabari Mayers, Sean Boval, and Ricardo John all now on FC Indiana's roster;

http://fcindiana.bonzidev.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=15112536

Anyone know the story?

I'm guessing by name that Nicholas Marcano and Brandon Reyes are also Trini right? Not heard of them before though.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 26, 2021, 04:01:39 AM »
Gary Griffith III, Seon Thomas, Jabari Mayers, Sean Boval, and Ricardo John all now on FC Indiana's roster;

http://fcindiana.bonzidev.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=15112536

Anyone know the story?

I'm guessing by name that Nicholas Marcano and Brandon Reyes are also Trini right? Not heard of them before though.

then we wonder why our national team so weakl!!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 04:28:41 AM by Trini _2022 »

1]; } ?>