June 16, 2024, 02:06:50 AM

Author Topic: SIA Shocker  (Read 72444 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: SIA Shocker
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2011, 01:59:58 PM »
I find it REAL interesting.

Ah mean...when yuh hearing dis:

Persad-Bissessar said she has continued to stick to her statements that no one in Trinidad and Tobago should be denied any position for which they are qualified, based on gender or ethnicity.

So. She qualified for the position? Wha de people who would have been junior to her have? She qualified based on what?

Dis wrong and strong attitude real intriguing too.

And a next ting.....can a president refuse to appoint someone?

Tangential to that...how many appointments has the President of the Senate made?

No. Robinson once refused to appoint to appoint defeated candidates to the senate. Eventually he had to give in because there is no provision for discretion in appointments.

truetrini

« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2011, 02:05:02 PM »
ah wonder if this girl was actually capable of doing the job ? as good as everyone else have done, and have been doing in the past ? I wonder if the eventual director will be better than the past ? ah wonder if all past appointments have been in order, until as such time as they are replaced to themselves be replaced, when they all have us in the great positions we are in today ?  SIA, already sound like ah waste ah time bobol operation to me, cause with all the SIA, look we here...if they wasn't quietly operating we all widda be exiled to barbados & Grenada by now ? Watch the magicians 3 rd hand

Utter shit!  MASSIVE shit actually.

First of all, what makes ou think the SIA is directly involved in crime fighting?  Yuh always full ah cryptic bullshit anyway.

How do yuo know that things would not have been worse if there was no SIA?

The SIA has done a very good job, inf act most of the drug and arms busts come from the SIA in conjunction with SAUTT.

The Spy agency's mandate is always different that that of say a police dept. or SAUTT.

pass the blame on them and leave the SIA to fack alone.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2011, 02:13:23 PM »
ah wonder if this girl was actually capable of doing the job ? as good as everyone else have done, and have been doing in the past ? I wonder if the eventual director will be better than the past ? ah wonder if all past appointments have been in order, until as such time as they are replaced to themselves be replaced, when they all have us in the great positions we are in today ?  SIA, already sound like ah waste ah time bobol operation to me, cause with all the SIA, look we here...if they wasn't quietly operating we all widda be exiled to barbados & Grenada by now ? Watch the magicians 3 rd hand

Utter shit!  MASSIVE shit actually.

First of all, what makes ou think the SIA is directly involved in crime fighting?  Yuh always full ah cryptic bullshit anyway.

How do yuo know that things would not have been worse if there was no SIA?

The SIA has done a very good job, inf act most of the drug and arms busts come from the SIA in conjunction with SAUTT.

The Spy agency's mandate is always different that that of say a police dept. or SAUTT.

pass the blame on them and leave the SIA to fack alone.

ah don't have a clue, so I cant't give no facts, so sorry, yuh have to settle for the utter bull shit

add: if you think the only and critical problem/issues in TT is crime and crime fighting, it's a fact yuh wrong
      If you think this SIA position is a critical turning point in the organization and progressiveness of our contry, then is a 'fack' yuh wrong.. Cryptic?  ??? :-[
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 02:20:30 PM by maxg »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2011, 03:24:39 PM »
The mere fact that she quit so prematurely makes me question

1) Was she in this for pappy show
2) Was she too weak to handle the scrutiny of the public, after all this is a public position.

Just as the "people" elected Kamla with out hesitation because patos was running mad.... so too muct mrs Kamla (servant of the public) open to oppositions and scrutiny when she appoints an individual to such a position.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2011, 04:01:36 PM »
The mere fact that she quit so prematurely makes me question

1) Was she in this for pappy show
2) Was she too weak to handle the scrutiny of the public, after all this is a public position.

Just as the "people" elected Kamla with out hesitation because patos was running mad.... so too muct mrs Kamla (servant of the public) open to oppositions and scrutiny when she appoints an individual to such a position.

I think that gyul quit because she know she ent qualified and was getting ready to be embarrassed on the issue of the degrees which have yet to be confirmed.  Meanwhile Kamla taking every criticism of her government and making a political issue out of it.  I don't think she realize that the honeymoon over and people eh trying to hear that "blame de PNM/Opposition" talk forever.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2011, 05:54:01 PM »

Persad-Bissessar said she has continued to stick to her statements that no one in Trinidad and Tobago should be denied any position for which they are qualified, based on gender or ethnicity.

So. She qualified for the position? Wha de people who would have been junior to her have? She qualified based on what?

Tangential to that...how many appointments has the President of the Senate made?

No. Robinson once refused to appoint to appoint defeated candidates to the senate. Eventually he had to give in because there is no provision for discretion in appointments.

I remembered that case and noted the similarities. In any case it was more an "ethics/moral" rationale there. I talking about in the case of not being qualified...although i suspect that the same might apply where the President would have to appoint whoever he is told.

And.......i notice at least two appointments were made by acting President Timothy Hamel-Smith.

Nizam Mohammed and Miss SIA. I eh want to be too cynical...but I just wanted to throw that out for consideration.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2011, 06:04:32 PM »
The President performs a largely perfunctory role... Jah Gol is correct if my understanding is true.  He has no discretion in the matter, he serves in that particular capacity in a ceremonial role.  It's like the US Supreme Court Chief Justice refusing to swear in the Presidential winner.  Hamel-Smith's role is likely just incidental, Richards would have been similarly obligated.

As an aside I am biased in favor of the US system in part because I'm more intimately familiar with it, but also because the particular cauldron that is the US has tested and fortified it.  I won't say they've perfected it... but it has been tweaked over the years.  Our Constitution hasn't been changed (from my recollection) in the 34 yrs since it was adopted.  Not to say that change is necessary... but I don't even know that it's even been tested much. 

Someone mentioned in the Express comments about the resignation that these appointments should be made after ratification by a body such as the Senate (as is the case in the US) and I tend to agree.  It's part of the checks and balances.  This role falls under the Executive (the PM) and the recommendation came from another body aligned under the Executive (if I interpret the circumstances correctly).  In the US, the involvement of the Senate means that the Legislative Branch has a role (as a 'check') in that appointment process.  Of course plenty would have to change in TnT... because currently the PM has a lot of say in who sits in Senate... either as a consequence of her influence within her party (which gets a certain number) or thru the appointment of independent senators, which is at her discretion.

truetrini

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2011, 06:18:34 PM »
he President does have some discretion according tothe Constitution, not sure how much, but I am reminded br ANR decision to appoint Manning when there was a tie in the electoral college.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2011, 06:32:25 PM »
he President does have some discretion according tothe Constitution, not sure how much, but I am reminded br ANR decision to appoint Manning when there was a tie in the electoral college.
That was an anomaly and due to a lack of constitutional provisions for that scenario. Manning and Panday agreed to allow the President to decide. There is no provision for the President to exercise discretion on a Prime Ministerial appointment.   

truetrini

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2011, 06:48:14 PM »
That was an anomaly and due to a lack of constitutional provisions for that scenario. Manning and Panday agreed to allow the President to decide. There is no provision for the President to exercise discretion on a Prime Ministerial appointment.   

OK, but he must ah little discretion...anyway is time we get rid ah president..waste ah money

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2011, 07:54:36 PM »

Best you go back to arguing with just cool yes... because you real losing focus. 

Firstly there is no "electoral college" in TnT.  Secondly, in the case of a Parliamentary tie the President has the authority (and Jah Gol I believe that is Constitutional) to cast the tie-breaking vote in deciding who enjoys the Parliamentar majority.  That is not the same as exercising discretion (in which he has none) in performing his ceremonial duties when it comes to swearing in Executive appointments.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 07:56:45 PM by Bakes »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2011, 08:00:06 PM »

Cyah remember him bcking down dat is how d old Bas end up as Min of Nat Sec.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
All u see how Jack duck d issue 2nite. Not even he touching this.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2011, 09:24:19 PM »

Best you go back to arguing with just cool yes... because you real losing focus. 

Firstly there is no "electoral college" in TnT.  Secondly, in the case of a Parliamentary tie the President has the authority (and Jah Gol I believe that is Constitutional) to cast the tie-breaking vote in deciding who enjoys the Parliamentar majority.  That is not the same as exercising discretion (in which he has none) in performing his ceremonial duties when it comes to swearing in Executive appointments.
I didn't know that. I do recall there was some agreement between Panday and Manning.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2011, 09:45:43 PM »

I didn't know that. I do recall there was some agreement between Panday and Manning.

There was an agreement between Panday and Manning which was reneged upon.

Buh anyhow....
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2011, 09:52:13 PM »

I bet you money that Trinidad and Tobago has an Electoral College.

I will concede however that I used the term loosely and erronously in my post/

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2011, 10:15:47 PM »

http://www.ttparliament.org/members.php?mid=58

The Constitution provides for an Electoral College consisting of all the Members of the Senate and all the Members of the House of Representatives assembled together and convened and presided over by the Speaker of the House. The President is elected by the Electoral College voting by secret ballot. Ten Senators, the Speaker and twelve other Members of the House of Representatives constitute a quorum of the Electoral College. The President so elected shall normally hold office for a term of five years.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2011, 10:20:16 PM »

Former President Robinson choose when the Constituencies were tied 18-18 I think. However, it was taught in school in T&T that the "Electoral College" selects the President. I think is both house or something so that make up the electoral colllege. Social Studies was so long ago.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2011, 11:03:53 PM »

Former President Robinson choose when the Constituencies were tied 18-18 I think. However, it was taught in school in T&T that the "Electoral College" selects the President. I think is both house or something so that make up the electoral colllege. Social Studies was so long ago.

U are correck dey select d PREZ

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2011, 05:31:37 AM »
Ah find some men real, real quiet boy.....I understand though, at some point the shit so bad it just can't be defended, right Sammy??  What was that you said about a latrine again??

I doh understand u. I did my democratic right and voted for who i thought would have made a difference -
but it eh working out.

U did rather i vote for the pnm like u ?

Ah see Weary done sort yuh out with the last part.  But I take it from the first part of your post that you realise we still in the latrine?? 
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2011, 05:46:33 AM »
Bakes, the part in bold should clear up whether or not she has a degree.......now shouldn't Rambachan and Sandy be referred to the privileges committee??  They both clearly sought to mislead the house and the public.  Not that I expect that to happen but isn't it something Rowley should consider??

Yeah... we still doh know how current that resume/CV is though.  So I'm not sure if they could be charged with deliberately misleading Parliament.  Even if she doh really have a degree, she may have misrepresented such to them and they relied on that.  Lack of due diligence on their part not to check, but not proof of intent to mislead.

And again, I disappointed in the media, Ria Taitt here in particular for giving credence to the spying talk w/o the government actually substantiating the charges with proof.

Bakes, I was reading something on Facebook just before I posted this and ah kinda confuse the article with what ah was reading on fb (information overload).  The discussion was that if we use the old CV being circulated, which is said to have been furnished to media houses in 2007 and she working full time for 4 years now, when she had time to complete a degree??

And if I'm not mistaken didn't Rambachan and/or Sandy say she already had a degree and was pursuing another one??  You catch where I'm coming from?  When did she have the time between 2007 and 2011 to do this degree?? 

The thing is she eh no UWI grad, she do a damn Microsoft Certificate something AT UWI.  Dais must be what they were referring to, they try ah Gary Hunt on we when he said the flag cost $18,000 but what he meant was the CLOTH to make the flag was $18,000.

In any event, I am deeply troubled by the PM's behaviour in all this.  I listened to her interview with a reporter on Friday or Saturday and the manner in which this woman sought to defend this indefensible bull shit is very troubling.  Ah mean is the nation's security we talking bout not a f&*&%#@ng dolly house!!!!!

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :frustrated: :frustrated: :banginghead: :banginghead: :busshead: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2011, 08:28:39 AM »
Ah find some men real, real quiet boy.....I understand though, at some point the shit so bad it just can't be defended, right Sammy??  What was that you said about a latrine again??

I doh understand u. I did my democratic right and voted for who i thought would have made a difference -
but it eh working out.

Ah see Weary done sort yuh out with the last part.  But I take it from the first part of your post that you realise we still in the latrine?? 

No we eh even have a latrine we just digging a hole and shitting all ovah d place.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »

but it eh working out.

i still hoping for the best and not the worst as ppl seem to be doing.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2011, 09:45:31 AM »

but it eh working out.

Sammy, ah eh know if to laugh or cry.  Let me see if I get this, the Prime Minister of this country, THE PRIME MINISTER eh, openly accepted responsibility for appointing a neophyte with no qualifications for the job to head a sensitive arm of our National Security and is only after they out she mudda arse on facebook (and/or possibly threatned by men who really know bout security) that Ms. Reshma resign AND YOU STILL HOPING FOR THE BEST??!!

Is not like this was the first of Madame PM's and she misfit government's missteps, is a next one in a long, long list from May 25th 2010!!!  You living here or you just fly een to vote and fly back out??

Steups!!!  Is now self I know you is a friggin sycophant pretending to be "objective"....... ::) ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2011, 10:00:30 AM »

but it eh working out.

U cyah live here and hope 4 worse because me eh plan to go  A PLACE.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2011, 10:03:35 AM »

but it eh working out.

sammy, dat might be case for some, but yuh have to admit dis has been a very worrying 8 months........I was home for december wit no salary because ah happen to be contracted....doh mind dat mih evaluation was good......doh mind dat while ah home ah was fieldin calls from home about work ting, doh mind dat ah still outa d goodness ah mih heart(well ah doh really have one ah dat, but ah does try) reach in d office, explaining systems and reports an shit so people could try an pick up where I leave off................me and you had a very um ........enthusiastic......... discussion about my concerns wit dese people especially given what was known about dey las time around....................ah mean god forbid you contracted or worse contracted and not indian, an even some ah dem get it too, yuh suddenly ah agent of d pnm,

thank god in my case good sense outweigh d mandate of appeasing d party card holders or I would be pongin pavement all now.

so I cyar share your hope......sorry
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:25:43 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2011, 10:19:01 AM »

but it eh working out.

U cyah live here and hope 4 worse because me eh plan to go  A PLACE.

Doh bother with facking he.  Is only he and persons of like mind could be "objective".  The rest ah we eh calling bull shit, we just hoping for the worst.....gimme a facking break!!!.... ::) ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2011, 10:24:36 AM »

but it eh working out.

sammy, dat might be case for some, but yuh have to admit dis has been a very worrying 8 months........I was home for december wit no salary because ah happen to be contracted....doh mind dat mih evaluation was good......doh mind dat while ah home ah was fieldin calls from home about work ting, doh mind dat ah still outa d goodness ah mih heart(well ah doh really have one ah dat, but ah does try) reach in d office, explaining systems and reports an shit so people could try an pick up where I leave off................me and you had a very um enthusiastic discussion about my concerns wit dese people especially given what was known about dey las time around....................ah mean god forbid you contracted or worse contracted and not indian, an even some ah dem get it too, yuh suddenly ah agent of d pnm,

thank god in my case good sense outweigh d mandate of appeasing d party card holders or I would be pongin pavement all now.

so I cyar share your hope......sorry

At least good sense happen by u by me NOBODY CONTRACT STILL BEING RENEWED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2011, 10:29:49 AM »

http://www.ttparliament.org/members.php?mid=58

The Constitution provides for an Electoral College consisting of all the Members of the Senate and all the Members of the House of Representatives assembled together and convened and presided over by the Speaker of the House. The President is elected by the Electoral College voting by secret ballot. Ten Senators, the Speaker and twelve other Members of the House of Representatives constitute a quorum of the Electoral College. The President so elected shall normally hold office for a term of five years.

I stand corrected on the existence of the Electoral College.  Although I was specifically speaking in the context of electing the Executive (Prime Minister) and not the (figure)Head of State... I nonetheless overlooked this perfunctory role served by the Senate.

Sammy, ah eh know if to laugh or cry.  Let me see if I get this, the Prime Minister of this country, THE PRIME MINISTER eh, openly accepted responsibility for appointing a neophyte with no qualifications for the job to head a sensitive arm of our National Security...

Fuh ah second ah tort yuh start up on poor Anand again yes.

truetrini

« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »
yeah Bakes I wanted to say electorate...````sigh...old age.

1]; } ?>