April 27, 2024, 04:45:13 PM

Author Topic: 1990 Attempted Coup Commission of Enquiry  (Read 25557 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: 1990 Attempted Coup Commission of Enquiry
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2013, 09:46:17 AM »

Academic achievements:
 Mohammed’s thesis, Law and Politics in Islam, produced as part of his doctorate in international affairs at the unaccredited Atlantic International University, is 70 pages long, including a four-page bibliography and two pages of introduction. Numerous passages of the thesis are taken verbatim and uncredited from online resources that include Wikipedia, Islamopedia Online and whyislam.org

I'm doing my practicum to complete an MBA now. Any temptation to copy and paste quickly fades away when you consider the inevitable embarrassment that comes with it. What a silly person !

cite-credit-expand, if u can't or wont, U'll pay ..............I do some outside code search for programming in my computing degree and I "comment" every block of borrowed code I used with the web address I got it from AND made damn sure that I know exactly what every line does and that they make up a small percentage of the operational requirrements for the program
I pity the fool....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2013, 10:38:39 AM »

Academic achievements:
 Mohammed’s thesis, Law and Politics in Islam, produced as part of his doctorate in international affairs at the unaccredited Atlantic International University, is 70 pages long, including a four-page bibliography and two pages of introduction. Numerous passages of the thesis are taken verbatim and uncredited from online resources that include Wikipedia, Islamopedia Online and whyislam.org

I'm doing my practicum to complete an MBA now. Any temptation to copy and paste quickly fades away when you consider the inevitable embarrassment that comes with it. What a silly person !

cite-credit-expand, if u can't or wont, U'll pay ..............I do some outside code search for programming in my computing degree and I "comment" every block of borrowed code I used with the web address I got it from AND made damn sure that I know exactly what every line does and that they make up a small percentage of the operational requirrements for the program
exactly

truetrini

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2013, 11:19:23 AM »
I called Ft Meade..he never served there, I called Ft Bragg..he damn lie!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2013, 11:26:33 AM »
He's a real bag of shit. Anand and Dooks on shit too.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2013, 11:44:06 AM »

and we continue to be embarrassed locally, regionally and internationally..............when dem done nobody takin Trinidad seriously ever again

and dooks seriously disappoint with dis shit especially if he was d main man in gettin dat approved.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:47:06 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2013, 11:48:59 AM »

and we continue to be embarrassed locally, regionally and internationally..............when dem done nobody takin Trinidad seriously ever again
The fallout started when Kamla chose to make a political scene with the SIA , then proceeded to appoint Reshmi, then proceeded to do the same thing she accused Manning of doing.

International intelligence don't want to deal with us.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:51:41 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »

The fallout started when Kamla chose to make a political scene with the SIA , then proceeded to appoint Reshmi, then proceeded to do the same thing she accused Manning of doing.

International intelligence don't want to deal with us.

dat it was ah was thinking of when I said that...........even the OPV cancellation contributing to it
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2013, 03:18:25 PM »
SO what goin on wit d press conference?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2013, 04:02:02 PM »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2013, 04:38:53 PM »
hahahahaha ;D ;D ;D :D
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2013, 05:30:35 PM »
NO CHARGE FOR BAKR
DPP washes hands of prosecuting Jamaatleader for refusing to testify at coup enquiry
By Ria Taitt Political Editor

The Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard has washed his hands of the matter involving the failure of coup leader Yasin Abu Bakr to give testimony before the Commission of Enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup.

Gaspard has taken the position that he will not lay charges against Bakr for failing to answer a summons of the commission to appear before it.

Instead, the DPP has thrown the ball back in the commission's court. He told the commission it has the legal power to direct the Commissioner of Police to "prosecute the proceedings" for breach of Section 16.

Gaspard in a letter to the commission's secretary, Larraine Lutchmedial, said it would be "inadvisable, if not punitive" for him to lay charges against Bakr under Section 16 of the Commission of Enquiry Act.

That act empowers the DPP to take action against anyone refusing to obey a summons to attend the Commission.

In a letter dated September 12, the commission indicated to Gaspard it had agreed to formally refer the matter of Bakr's non-attendance to him in order that he takes appropriate action in accordance with Section 16 of the Commission of Enquiry Act.

However, in a letter to Lutchmedial dated January 29, 2013, Gaspard said: "I am of the view that given that the refusal of the witness to attend the hearing of the commission or to offer any 'sufficient cause' for doing so, despite being granted additional time to so do, is a matter that the commission should properly deal with in the maintenance of its own authority and protection of its proceedings; the powers of the commission granted under the (Commission of Enquiry) Act being akin to that of a High Court."

The DPP argued that if he were to take action against Bakr, the coup leader would use this as a basis for a stay in his retrial for sedition and incitement to demand with menaces which is likely to be fixed for trial in 2013.

Gaspard said in that trial, issues of Bakr's involvement in the 1990 attempted coup are likely "(as in the previous trial) to form the basis of an application, by the prosecution, to admit 'bad character' evidence of the accused".

"In those circumstances, it might be considered inadvisable if not punitive were the Director to direct charges for this accused's failure to attend your Commission of Enquiry to testify as to the integral part he played in the very attempted coup," Gaspard said.

Gaspard said these occurrences must be read in the light of the fact that in the last six years since Bakr was indicted, no fewer than six applications (all unsuccessful) had been made by Bakr's attorneys for this trial to be stayed on the basis of prejudicial pretrial publicity.

"Were I as Director to direct charges to be laid for his failure to attend your particular commission, this itself would likely generate a type of publicity that would necessarily provide additional ammunition in the arsenal of the accused for any such future application, where would be bound to follow," he said.

Gaspard added that it was also probable that Bakr would use any such action on his part to seek to demonstrate prosecutorial bias against him and also to seek a stay on this basis—as he sought to do in a preliminary application in the first trial.
"In all the circumstances, therefore, I am inclined to the view and I respectfully submit that the commission would be better advised to itself direct the Commissioner of Police to 'commence and prosecute the proceedings' for breach of Section 16," Gaspard stated.
The DPP pointed out that the Section "as you are doubtless aware" provides that no proceedings for any penalty under the Act shall be commenced except by the direction of the Director of Public Prosecutions or of the Commissioners.

He said while the act does contemplate the Director initiating such proceedings, it seems to be that intervention by the Director would be more appropriate, for instance, in cases of the wilful insulting of the commissioner or secretary or the wilful interruption of the proceedings.

In such instances where direct evidence may be required of these very parties and so as to ensure there is no conflict of interest, it might be prudent for a third party such as the DPP to commence criminal proceedings.

The DPP concluded by confessing that the matter had occasioned him "much anxiety and has attracted my most careful contemplation".
Bakr had indicated last year that he could not testify at the commission, citing adverse pretrial publicity, the likelihood that others may seek to use his testimony before the commission to his detriment at the sedition trial and his poor health.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2013, 05:37:47 AM »

Hafizool Under Probe

Published:

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Anika Gumbs-Sandiford

The headquarters of the newly-reformed "Flying Squad" at Factory Road, Piarco. Inset: Former Flying Squad member Mervyn Cordner talks with the Guardian about the reformation of the old police service anti-crime unit. PHOTOS: NICOLE DRAYTON

The infamous Flying Squad was secretly revived in July last year, a month after Minister of National Security Jack Warner signalled his intention to bring back the unit to fight the spiralling crime problem. And the covert unit is investigating Dr Hafizool Ali Mohammed, a member of the commission of enquiry into the 1990 coup attempt whose academic qualifications have come under scrutiny.

The squad has been operating from an office on the compound of Trident Technical and Logistical Services and Donrich Security Kennels, at Factory Road, Golden Grove Road, Arouca. The squad was first formed in the 1970s but was disbanded in 1980 after charges of conspiracy to murder were slapped on former police commissioner Randolph Burroughs.

The current Flying Squad staff comprises 75 retired officers who previously worked at various state enterprises throughout the country, ranging from the police to the Immigration Division. Retired police inspector Mervyn Cordner, who was a member of the original squad, has been recalled to lead the new operation.

Warner hinted at the possibility of bringing the squad back last year, but did not  give a time frame. It was also unclear why Cordner was chosen to head the unit. The decision, however, is not sitting well in some quarters, who have argued that some aspects of his past service make him a questionable selection. But in an exclusive interview with the T&T Guardian yesterday, Cordner, who has a master’s degree in law, insisted he had nothing to hide.

“My education speaks for itself...I was asked to do a job and that is what I am doing,” he said. “Only yesterday one of my informants brought information on Dr Hafizool Mohammed, and I sent him back for something else. “The information published is just the tip of the iceberg. The country will be shocked at what is going to be revealed.”

Cordner said it was Warner who approached him to assist in fighting crime. He said a proposal was submitted and a budget of $180 million was requested to carry out the Flying Squad operations. “They asked me what I wanted to immediately start,” he said, “and I got computers, desks, chairs and eight vehicles, comprising SUVs, cars and vans.

"But up to this day I have not received one cent. I have used $15,000 of my own funds to pay workers. For almost five months, I have paid the employees from my pocket. The building we are leasing for approximately $200,00 per month, I also negotiated for us to get there.”

He claimed the squad had been instrumental in helping the police to solve six murders, but the lack of funding had put a damper on its operations. Showing the scars he received as a member of the original squad, Cordner said he was prepared to give his life to save T&T. But, he complained: “The Government is not serious.

We are working from Maracas to Cedros and we need the tools to conduct our job. Every week is just promises and more promises, but they want to decrease crime.”

Efforts to contact Warner, Attorney General Anand Ramlogan and acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams were unsuccessful yesterday. Calls to their cellphones went to voice messages and they did not respond to messages left on them. They also did not respond to text messages.

Mohammed stays mum

Mohammed was expected to clear the air on his qualifications—which were highlighted in exclusive T&T Guardian articles this week—at a press conference yesterday, but cancelled it at the last minute. The T&T Guardian understands the Government is expected to make a decision next week on his status as a commissioner in the enquiry into the 1990 coup attempt.

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2013, 07:47:26 PM »
Wait...what?

The current Flying Squad staff comprises 75 retired officers who previously worked at various state enterprises throughout the country, ranging from the police to the Immigration Division. Retired police inspector Mervyn Cordner, who was a member of the original squad, has been recalled to lead the new operation.

Warner hinted at the possibility of bringing the squad back last year, but did not  give a time frame. It was also unclear why Cordner was chosen to head the unit. The decision, however, is not sitting well in some quarters, who have argued that some aspects of his past service make him a questionable selection. But in an exclusive interview with the T&T Guardian yesterday, Cordner, who has a master’s degree in law, insisted he had nothing to hide.

So wait...why dey disband SUATT? And if SUATT was hampered because it wasnt covered by legislation.....wha legislation covering this?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2013, 07:53:28 PM »
Wait...what?

So wait...why dey disband SUATT? And if SUATT was hampered because it wasnt covered by legislation.....wha legislation covering this?

We give them 29 seats so that give them d right 2 do whatever they feel.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »
Wait...what?

Consider that 2012 marked a halt to the trend of decreased murders which was the case every year since 2009. While the murder rate was curbed significantly in 2011 due to the SOE we experienced an immediate increase in 2012. If January is anything to go by we are set for another increase this year. When you look at crime stats in total it also shows an overall increase in crime. So while Warner has made a career of appearing to have a good work ethic and being highly effective even a cursory examination of his performance says otherwise.

I won't go through the list of everything that was done by this government that was counter-productive to national security but if this is true it demonstrates how much of a reckless, unthinking cowboy he is.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2013, 07:16:33 AM »

Ag CoP: Secret Flying Squad illegal

...I am no part of this covert operation

Published:

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Anika Gumbs-Sandiford

Acting Commissioner of Police (CoP) Stephen Williams

Acting Commissioner of Police (CoP) Stephen Williams has described the secretly revived Flying Squad as illegal. In an exclusive interview with the T&T Guardian on Friday, retired police inspector Mervyn Cordner claimed Minister of National Security Jack Warner approached him to head the covert unit.

But yesterday, Williams distanced himself, saying, “I can speak for myself and say that I, acting CoP Stephen Williams, am not aware of and am no part of this covert operation. “I, Stephen Williams, never met Mervyn Cordner. I am speaking for myself. “The information brought to my attention is a matter that raises great concern of whether there is an illegal group purporting to do legal things.

“I would like to give the public the assurance I am going to get to the bottom of what has been revealed. This matter will be immediately investigated. I am thankful this matter has been brought to my attention. Anything illegal, I have to investigate. I have to find out if this is a vigilante unit. I am extremely concerned.”

The Flying Squad, which was disbanded in the 1980s, was revived in July 2012 and has been working out of a building at Factory Road, Golden Grove, Arouca. In a candid interview on Friday, Cordner said a crime plan was submitted to Warner and a budget of $180 million requested to carry out operations for a period of two years.

However, Cordner said, the lack of funding has stumped the work of the unit. The Flying Squad, according to Cordner, comprises 75 retired officers who previously worked at various state enterprises that include the police, prison service, Immigration Division, Telecommunication Authority of T&T and the T&T Electricity Commission.

Reiterating his concern over the revelations, Williams said, “A Flying Squad is a law-enforcement unit set up for a particular purpose of high-activity enforcement in T&T. “I cannot speak for Cordner’s claim. What I can say is that I have never engaged Cordner and 75 other people.

“I have never been part of a meeting with Minister of National Security and Cordner. Any meeting Cordner would have had with anybody, it was not with me. You need to speak to the relevant minister and Cordner,” Williams stressed.

Covert operations and the Ministry of National Security
 Williams said the setting up of such a unit should be endorsed by the commissioner of police, but he had not given any such authorisation. He pointed out that historically, covert operations functioned under the Ministry of National Security. Among them, he said, were the Strategic Intelligence Agency, Strategic Service Agency and the Special Anti-Crime Unit of T&T (SAUTT).

“It is normal for the Ministry of National Security to have covert operations, but when you are dealing with law enforcement, those people operate under the authority of the CoP. When SAUTT operated, the officers who were assigned to SAUTT operated under the authority of the CoP,” Williams said.

SAUTT was established in 2003 and disbanded in August 2011 by the People’s Partnership Government. Williams said he learned of the Flying Squad from the story in yesterday’s T&T Guardian. “I will admit it is the first time I have heard of this covert operation headed by Mervyn Cordner.” He dismissed Cordner’s claim that the unit had been instrumental in solving six murders. “That is a stupid story,” he commented.

“Cordner is not contributing directly or indirectly to the homicide bureau of the Police Service of T&T.” Cordner had said information gathered by the unit was passed on to various police divisions to assist in the fight against crime.

Commenting on the developments yesterday, head of the Police Complaints Authority Gillian Lucky said any entity dealing with law enforcement must work within a legal framework. “Any entity that is involved in law enforcement must be structured in such a way that there is total accountability and transparency.

“One must remember that when SAUTT was established, a major complaint made by the then Opposition was that SAUTT was operating outside of a legal framework,” Lucky pointed out. She said any organisation, institution or department involved in investigating highly sensitive matters or engaged in any kind of law-enforcement activity, must work within the parameters of the law and must account to an independent entity or authority.

Lucky added that the public was entitled to know of the existence of such an entity. “I am well aware that when conducting investigations there is a need to be discreet,” Lucky added. “I am not saying the entity is acting outside the law, but there seem to be more questions than answers.”

Cordner: My informants have information on Mohammed
 Cordner also said an informant is probing Dr Hafizool Ali Mohammed, a member of the commission of enquiry into the 1990 coup attempt whose academic qualifications have come under scrutiny. Among numerous other academic credentials, Mohammed said he has a master’s degree in military science from the United States Army Command and General Staff College in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.

His curriculum vitae does not state what year he graduated. His master’s thesis is not published on the college’s Web site, unlike those of fellow graduates, such as retired Major Gen Edmund Dillon, who graduated in 2001. According to the Web site, the last T&T national to graduate from the university, in 2009, at the rank of Lt Col, was Rodney Smart.

Cordner said the question must be asked who was responsible for bringing Mohammed to T&T. “Somebody brought him,” Cordner pointed out. Mohammed expressed a keen interest in assisting with national security measures in T&T and had contacted Warner to say so. He also made contact with Foreign Affairs Minister Winston Dookeran via e-mail in 2010.

The Government is expected to make a decision next week on Mohammed’s status as a commissioner in the enquiry into the 1990 coup attempt. Telephone calls to Warner went unanswered yesterday.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2013, 07:44:25 AM »
No joke, we fall over the cliff.This is insane.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2013, 11:18:48 AM »
41-0 material.

truetrini

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2013, 11:59:55 AM »
41-0 material.

Except for the deaf, dumb and blind and of course the ass licking africans.

truetrini

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2013, 05:03:08 AM »
So while Warner has made a career of appearing to have a good work ethic and being highly effective even a cursory examination of his performance says otherwise. I won't go through the list of everything that was done by this government that was counter-productive to national security but if this is true it demonstrates how much of a reckless, unthinking cowboy he is.

:whistling: :whistling:   :-X
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:04:52 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2013, 09:21:14 AM »
Hafizool sent resume to PNM
Published: Monday, February 4, 2013Anika Gumbs-SandifordTweet

In 2009, Dr Hafizool Ali Mohammed expressed an interest in assisting the People’s National Movement (PNM) government with national security measures in T&T. In an August 4 letter to then prime minister Patrick Manning, Mohammed, a member of the commission of enquiry into the 1990 coup attempt, asked for a meeting and expressed his willingness to serve. However, he was not approached to serve under the former PNM administration.

Mohammed also sent a letter to then minister of national security Martin Joseph. A copy of his curriculum vitae (CV) was also attached. Among the qualifications he listed was a doctor of science degree (DSc) in international relations that he obtained from Atlantic International University, which is described by various Web sites as a diploma mill.

As he did on his current CV, Mohammed also claimed he was the author of the US Army Strategic Vision road map. However, the Web site for that road map does not mention Mohammed in connection with his claim. In his letter to Manning, Mohammed listed impressive academic and military qualifications and claimed former head of the Special Anti-Crime Unit Brig Peter Joseph could confirm his credentials.

He wrote: “In the event you wish to confirm my credentials, please consult with Brig Joseph in whom I have the utmost respect and confidence, not to exclude the fact that he is my esteemed army colleague. “I have discussed this matter and sought his guidance prior to my letter to Minister Joseph. “I would like to provide an in-depth analysis of the current plan that is being recommended by MG Ross, either independently or as part of a working group.

“If you wish to discuss this matter with me, please so advise as to the appropriate day and time with you. My esteemed colleague and friend in Trinidad, Richard Koorn, of Donrich Security, will accompany me.” Donrich Security Kennels is located at Factory Road, Golden Grove, Arouca, on the same compound where retired police inspector Mervyn Cordner claimed the Flying Squad was secretly revived.

Acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams has launched an investigation into Cordner’s claims. When T&T Guardian contacted Manning yesterday, inquiring why Mohammed was never asked to serve in any capacity, he replied: “I am currently doing physiotherapy. I am only interested in recovering.”

Joseph said he could not verify Mohammed’s credentials. He said he met Mohammed in 1994 when a colleague died. “How could I verify his credentials? I did not go to school with him. The person who went to school with him is dead. We never attended any schools together,” he said

One year after Mohammed was blanked by the PNM administration, he approached the People’s Partnership government expressing a keen interest in assisting with national security measures. He first contacted Foreign Affairs Minister Winston Dookeran via e-mail in 2010.

An e-mail was also sent to the Minister of National Security shortly after his new appointment in which he stated: “Congratulations are in order for you appointment as the new Minister of National Security in T&T. Your achievements and man-of-action fame precede you well. I would like to say that you are not alone in the aim to provide T&T as safe and secured haven. And this is the reason for which I am sending you this e-mail.

“I have attached my CV for your information and to determine in what way I can assist you. I also have attached a photo that we took in Chaguanas in December 2011.” The e-mail further stated: “I sit on the enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup. I wear four hats: a foreigner, an international security expert, a combat veteran and a Muslim.

“I wish you luck and hope to hear from you soon. Our next enquiry session is scheduled for the last week in August and will last for two weeks. However, I am prepared to be on the next flight to meet with you regarding national security of T&T and any other matters as may be deemed appropriate.” The Government is expected to make a decision this week on Mohammed’s status as a commissioner in the enquiry into the 1990 coup attempt.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »
Allyuh fass people musbe gone and blow the cover of one of the most epic secret agents that ever graced the shores of this country.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2013, 02:47:45 PM »

truetrini

« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2013, 09:58:07 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZPLZSpflHU

Ah listen to bout 20 Cro Cro. Speaking truth to power.

the man has issues but he also deals with real issues. 

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2013, 06:13:21 AM »

Hafizool graduated with only a diploma says college

Published:

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Anika Gumbs

Yet another of the academic qualifications listed on Dr Hafizool Mohammed’s curriculum vitae (CV) appears to be questionable. He listed a master of science (MSc) in military science from the US Army Staff and Command College, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. In response to a query by T&T Guardian seeking confirmation of Mohammed’s MSc, transcript clerk Lynn Poss said yesterday Mohammed did not do such a degree at the college.

“He did not do an MSc. He just took the regular course. He pursued the command and general staff officer course. That is not an MSc. “He graduated in 1993. He only got a diploma. He did not receive an MSc. I have no other information showing otherwise,” Poss said.
 Attorney General Anand Ramlogan said last week he had verified the information provided in the copy of Mohammed’s CV that was sent to him.

In an interview with the T&T Guardian last week, Ramlogan said Mohammed, a member of the commission of enquiry into the 1990 coup, was hired because of his military background. Ramlogan did not respond to text messages or phone calls yesterday. Despite not having an MSc in military science, Mohammed also said in his CV he had  lectured as an assistant professor of military science at the University of Michigan, where he also recruited 35,000 new students annually.

He also said he held an MA in national security studies from the American Military University in 2011 and was a distinguished graduate. However, associate registrar Yvette Porter said last week Mohammed’s name was not listed in the university’s database. Contacted again yesterday, Porter said: “We are having the same issue confirming the information,” before she transferred the call to her manager.

Identifying herself as Diana, the manager asked: “Did you contact Mr Mohammed for a copy of his transcript? I would think if he graduated from my university he will have a copy of his transcript that will prove what he saying. “If a student was a graduate, it will show what he did. The name given to us, we cannot find. I am telling you, like what Ms Porter told you, we go by what is in our database. Maybe he gave different initials, I do not know.”

Contacted yesterday, the US Embassy said it could not deny or confirm if investigations were ongoing into the matter. Government is expected to make a decision this week on Mohammed’s status as a commissioner.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2013, 06:26:48 AM »
I wonder how Hafizool feeling these days? He could be criminally charged with fraud as he was being paid based on qualifications presented. More telling is whether the state will take action against him.

This is vulgarity of the highest order.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2013, 07:08:44 AM »
G you asking how Hafizool feeling I want to hear the  PM excuse for this shit .

Is shit after shit after shit with this lagoon government , is always something to have people laughing at we ,gosh alyuh give we a brake nah .

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2013, 07:16:27 AM »
I wonder how Hafizool feeling these days? He could be criminally charged with fraud as he was being paid based on qualifications presented. More telling is whether the state will take action against him.

dat is fraud of d highest order dey better not let diss pass so..........censure atleast for d minister\s dat didn' do dey due diligence is in order.........dis is madness
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2013, 08:44:16 AM »

dat is fraud of d highest order dey better not let diss pass so..........censure atleast for d minister\s dat didn' do dey due diligence is in order.........dis is madness

G you asking how Hafizool feeling I want to hear the  PM excuse for this shit .

Is shit after shit after shit with this lagoon government , is always something to have people laughing at we ,gosh alyuh give we a brake nah .

D same ting that happen to Reshmi happening 2 he.

1]; } ?>