Queiroz
9 (42.9%)
Pfister
7 (33.3%)
Neither
5 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: March 04, 2011, 12:16:52 PM

Author Topic: German Pfister in running for T&T coach  (Read 10817 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: German Pfister in running for T&T coach
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 10:12:54 AM »
He still looking sprity for 73 man.

mmm hmmmm...the emperor lookin sprightly too bad

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 03:36:30 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 10:24:08 AM »
What we need from our ,forum experts is them watching a few of his teams playing .So they can let us know what formations ,tactics,shape ,desire and fitness his teams has .That way we wont be blind sided again ,in his first TnT game.

yeah dutty he still look cool.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 10:45:17 AM »
Allyuh not lookin on de brighter side.....a man of Pfister's age will say and do as he pleases and that might be exactly what is needed.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 11:14:56 AM »
    Dutty,with all due respects i have one question for you.Do you have any suggestions,ideas or solutions to our present coaching crisis?

sure a bunch of band aid solutions, but that would mean the only problem we have is a coaching 'crisis'.....when in fact as you well know its an entire football adminstration crisis
[/quote]
 :thumbsup:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Queiroz or Pfister, Choose your New Head Coach
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 12:16:52 PM »
The T&T Guardian has just reported that Queiroz is still interested and has not signed with vasco de gama.

This leaves T&T with 2 choices, who will it be, who is best suited for us? Take your vote

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 02:19:56 PM »
    Dutty,with all due respects i have one question for you.Do you have any suggestions,ideas or solutions to our present coaching crisis?

sure a bunch of band aid solutions, but that would mean the only problem we have is a coaching 'crisis'.....when in fact as you well know its an entire football adminstration crisis
[/quote]
        The only problem we have is a coaching crisis yes,if T&T was doing well and winning you would never hear anything about JW and the administration,we are very good at shifting blame to suit our whims and fancies,there is no one person or group to blame for the situation we are in,the biggest crisis we have today in Football is our players we just don't have any,i'm sorry to say we just don't have,any Coach coming here better be prepared to you know what. 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »

The only problem we have is a coaching crisis yes,if T&T was doing well and winning you would never hear anything about JW and the administration,we are very good at shifting blame to suit our whims and fancies,there is no one person or group to blame for the situation we are in,the biggest crisis we have today in Football is our players we just don't have any,i'm sorry to say we just don't have,any Coach coming here better be prepared to you know what. 
[/quote]

can't agree with you there coops, we have a lot of players and enough talent, pfister is right, we should be dominating this region and always qualifying because we have the talent to do so.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 02:45:35 PM »
73? No, thanks.
Hart for president

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2011, 02:46:26 PM »

Coops everything lies at the feet of the administration. From players inability to receive and pass, to coaches not being able to successfully impliment modern tactics and methodology, to the lack of support for the PFL, to the lack of private cooperation sponsorships, to lack of grassroot support and participation, to fans apathy; the administration is to be blamed.

The administration is the PARENT entity which holds the interest of the development and administration of football in the country. No other body can put in place a structure to develop football if the administration is not involved.  At the end of the day, we can say the fans wanted this and the fans wanted that, but the fans do not collect cheques form sponsors, do not attend meetings with local, regional and international footballing fraternity. The administration does. They hold all the cards and therefore how they deal those cards are dependent on what their vision and mission is for football in T&T.

No one else Coops, can accept the blame for the state of T&T football, no one, but the TTFF.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:48:26 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Queiroz or Pfister, Choose your New Head Coach
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2011, 10:19:19 PM »
How about none of the above?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2011, 10:20:40 PM »
guardian say is Neeskens

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »
guardian say is Neeskens

great player but he has always been asst most of the time no?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2011, 09:58:22 AM »
Damian Downey, the Managing Director of Elite Football Management, who represents Otto Pfister, tweeted today:
Our client is in for talks in a couple of weeks with the TTFF, I wouldn't be expecting an announcement until the end of Feb.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »
Damian Downey, the Managing Director of Elite Football Management, who represents Otto Pfister, tweeted today:
Our client is in for talks in a couple of weeks with the TTFF, I wouldn't be expecting an announcement until the end of Feb.

I dunno why people beating up deyself everytime de TTFF fart near a mic... when they actually sign somebody as the new coach then I'll pay attention.  Side note... Elite have a nice li'l diverse team dey man.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2011, 10:25:52 AM »
He still looking sprity for 73 man.

mmm hmmmm...the emperor lookin sprightly too bad

me ah know nah I find he an' maximus dan have ah kinda resemblance to Junior Gorg ??? :-\
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2011, 12:57:06 PM »
Controversial you have 1 more thread to make.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2011, 01:09:22 PM »
Controversial you have 1 more thread to make.

:rotfl: ah feel so, not to keen on kneeskens, he has not led a team to the world cup and pfister would have been a better choice bc it would have been one of his last campaigns.

pfister would have given it his best, ending his career on a winning note with a world cup appearance in brazil 2014, once again the ttff made a bad choice, what the hell does look loy know about football?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2011, 05:56:57 AM »
Otto Pfister in Port of Spain.
‘…it is possible with a professional conception’
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

German-born football coach Otto Pfister  arrived in the country on Monday  to engage in discussions with officials of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation regarding the position of head coach of the National Men’s Senior Team. View Pfister's interview in Port of Spain.

Pfister spent his time visiting some of the facilities and he also witnessed the Toyota Classic match at the Mannie Ramjohn  Stadium between Ma Pau FC  and Caledonia AIA.

TTFF technical adviser Keith Look Loy, technical director Lincoln Phillips as well as other TTFF officials were in Pfister’s company on Wednesday prior to his scheduled departure a day later.

A composed Pfister said he was here to make his observations and hold relevant  talks on his first visit to the country.

“I came here for some information and I received this like with all stadiums and other  kinds of information. I have seen the infrastructure and that is enough and also yesterday I saw one game in the Local League.

I see a lot of work to be done here. For the moment I don’t talk about any contract. I am just taking some information with me,’ Pfister told TTFF Media.

Described as one of Germany's most successful coaching exports, Pfister was voted Africa's Manager of the Year in 1992.

He has been to four African Cup of Nations competitions with Burkina Faso, Zaire, Cameroon  and Ghana and reached the African Cup of Nations final twice, with Cameroon  and Ghana.

The 73-year-old Pfister also led Ghana to the 1991 FIFA U-17 World Cup title.. He has also won the Under 19 African Cup of Nations with Cote d'Ivoire and coached Togo during the 2006 World Cup. Pfister also qualified for 1998 FIFA World Cup with Saudi Arabia.

“I have experiences myself similar to that of Trinidad I took Togo to the World Cup in Germany. It’s a big challenge but it is possible with a professional conception,” Pfister added.

“We need to concentrate. You have a lot of talented players but talent is not all. You need very good planning and training. You also have to keep your eyes on Trinidad players playing outside. It’s a very complex work.”

On the job at 73, and having began coaching as a player coach at age 23 in Switzerland back in 1961, Pfister says working with players, younger than him, keeps him fresh and vibrant.

“If you work always with young people, like I was with World Champion with Ghana, you don’t feel age. It’s a passion and it’s no problem.”

Look Loy commented that "Pfister's coaching resume is remarkable. He has enjoyed success in fifteen countries on three continents.

He is well experienced in World Cup qualifying and final tournaments, and has managed some of the international game's established names. This knowledge could serve us well

Pfister’s  impressions of Concacaf  is nothing strange, as he sees Mexico and the United States as the two giants.

“I know very good and I have general information about Concacaf. In this area. Mexico and the United States are also favourites.

And Trinidad and Tobago,Canada Jamaica, Costa Rica, Honduras fight for the third position. This is the reality. I was very happy that T&T last time could break this tradition and go to the World Cup. In football everybody has a chance,” he said.

VIDEO: - View Pfister's interview in Port of Spain
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 06:07:53 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2011, 06:08:18 AM »
“I came here for some information and I received this like with all stadiums and other  kinds of information. I have seen the infrastructure and that is enough and also yesterday I saw one game in the Local League.

I see a lot of work to be done here.

:devil:

He feel he could come and sip rum under a coconut tree jess so.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2011, 06:28:54 AM »
de man went and check out a game in de local league. Well I just thought I'd say that. I like Pfister and hope he gets the job. Old and all.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2011, 07:36:44 AM »
Never know...that PFL game must be run him.

He mussbe say I too old for this...to be teaching man to trap and to move from walking pace to run.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2011, 07:40:27 AM »

He mussbe say I too old for this...to be teaching man to trap and to move from walking pace to run.

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »
Not withstanding age....I think Pfister would be the right man for the job.  Just my two cents!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2011, 12:02:17 PM »

Yuh notice he was quick to mention that we have to look at players outside of T&T :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2011, 01:08:19 PM »

Yuh notice he was quick to mention that we have to look at players outside of T&T :devil:

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2011, 01:11:24 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2011, 12:06:01 AM »
Did he come through with his rocking chair
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2011, 12:40:33 AM »
Did he come through with his rocking chair

Is an improvement but the man old in trute.  If you link Don Leo was old, Pfister is 5 years his senior :-X
whey boy!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2011, 01:36:57 AM »
I know hes being realistic ,but he dont sound confident enough IMO ,we should  want to be the States atleast . next candidate.He sound like if we lose ,well oh well your small ,eh eh .Failure is not an option.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2011, 10:39:13 AM »
I know hes being realistic ,but he dont sound confident enough IMO ,we should  want to be the States atleast . next candidate.He sound like if we lose ,well oh well your small ,eh eh .Failure is not an option.
Confident enough in what fella?? When last u watch a pro league team? Matter of fact when last u watch T&T play. Unless he have a bag of magic somewhere i wouldnt sound overly confident either

1]; } ?>