April 23, 2024, 07:19:16 AM

Author Topic: Ex-T&T footballer among 4 shot dead  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ex-T&T footballer among 4 shot dead
« on: February 01, 2011, 06:21:54 AM »
Ex-T&T footballer among 4 shot dead
Trinidad Express

THE murder toll climbed to 46 yesterday, following the shooting deaths of four men in separate incidents between Sunday and yesterday in Arima, Barataria and Cocorite.

The victims have been identified as Muatah Taylor, 20, of Harding Place, Cocorite; Wendell Joseph, 23, of Old St Joseph Road Plannings, Port of Spain; Vincent Bissessar, 19, of Blanchissuese Road, Arima; and William Villafana, 46.

In the first incident, Taylor, who was shot in the head while seated in a vehicle near his Cocorite home on Sunday, succumbed to his injuries at the Port of Spain General Hospital later that day.

The victim, who was a former Mucurapo East Secondary School and national footballer, was ambushed by two men as he and two other friends were in the vehicle on their way home around 9.30 a.m. His friends were not injured.

At the time of the incident, the trio had returned from a boat cruise from Down the Islands. During the cruise, police said, Taylor got into an argument with the suspects over a woman.

Sgt Michael Veronique of the Region I Homicide Bureau of Investigations is probing the matter.

In the second incident, Joseph, a pannist, was shot once in the head while seated in the driver's seat of a vehicle at the corner of Sixth Avenue and Eighth Street in Barataria, opposite the Barataria Anglican Primary School, shortly after 11 p.m.

Police said he was going home from pan practice when he told a female friend in the vehicle with him that he wanted to speak with her. As Taylor reclined in the driver's seat, three men approached the vehicle and one of them opened fire on him. The men then escaped.

Cpl Darryl La Pierre and officers from the North Eastern Division Task Force responded to the shooting and took Taylor to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex in Mt Hope where he was pronounced dead.

A motive has not yet been established for the incident.

Cpls Taylor, Arcia and PCs Mohammed WPC Brittan-Lawrence visited the scene and are continuing investigations.

Meanwhile, officers of the Region II Homicide Bureau of Investigations have detained a father and son in connection with Bissessar's murder, which occurred at the four-and-a-half-mile mark on Blanchissuese Road in Arima.

Around 11.30 p.m., the victim and other relatives were walking along the road near his home when a vehicle pulled alongside them, police said. Three suspects emerged from the car and opened fire on Bissessar, who ran into nearby bushes. A check was later made and he was discovered dead.

A report was subsequently made to the police and officers from the Arima CID and the Region II Homicide Bureau visited the scene and started enquiries.

Police believe the killing may have stemmed from an incident in which Bissessar had an altercation with the suspects. PC Herbie Francis is investigating.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ex-T&T footballer among 4 shot dead
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 06:25:24 AM »
Muatah Taylor was a real good player he played for compre in 2008 i always wondered what became of him ...  >:( :(
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 06:35:31 AM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 06:48:54 AM »
Shit... he's my age... Played against him all the way up to U16... I left CIC in form 5.. broke my bloody foot in form 5 and didnt get to play that season (we got relegated..maybe a blessing in disguise lol)

Really talented player ...  RIP

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 08:51:08 AM »
RIP Muatah... real good player >:(
All American

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 09:10:03 AM »
sad... GUN PARADISE
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 06:32:07 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eqUhM85vDZ8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eqUhM85vDZ8</a>

His funeral was today.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 08:29:07 PM »
I know one thing, if i had ah yute in T&T i was bringing them out that place wid ah quickness, i woulda take my chances here in NYC.  it seems like if yuhs ah yuteman yuh could lose yuh lil life for absolutely "NOTHING" @ all in dat slack place!!!

T&T definitely need tuh reinstate the noose & gallows, that and ah few good dedicated law men, but then again, when the law men bring them in, the judiciary settin them free to kill again.

it seems like law enforcement and the justice system not workin hand in hand, it's more like hand and foot! what ah discombobulated society this T&T is.  may god help us.                                             positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 09:00:39 PM »
RIP young man. He is my son's age.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 09:03:22 PM »
I know one thing, if i had ah yute in T&T i was bringing them out that place wid ah quickness, i woulda take my chances here in NYC.  it seems like if yuhs ah yuteman yuh could lose yuh lil life for absolutely "NOTHING" @ all in dat slack place!!!

T&T definitely need tuh reinstate the noose & gallows, that and ah few good dedicated law men, but then again, when the law men bring them in, the judiciary settin them free to kill again.

it seems like law enforcement and the justice system not workin hand in hand, it's more like hand and foot! what ah discombobulated society this T&T is.  may god help us.                                             positive.

Interesting!!!! 

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 10:23:05 PM »

hmmm That's a debate... :waiting: to have
All American

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 10:29:57 PM »
Very regretfull. :( >:(  .ah need to ask a question however, I noticed in some of the pics, the kids flashing signs, is there any significance behind those in trinidad or is just "movie style", cause although here is not as hardcore, it tells a grim story, and could be detrimental to one's health...just askin

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 10:45:44 PM »
Very regretfull. :( >:(  .ah need to ask a question however, I noticed in some of the pics, the kids flashing signs, is there any significance behind those in trinidad or is just "movie style", cause although here is not as hardcore, it tells a grim story, and could be detrimental to one's health...just askin

I didn't go thru all the pics... but the "signs" I saw were pretty innocuous, the odd "peace" sign here and there.  Sad that this youth get into a confrontation during a boatride, leave the scene and reach quite Cocorite... meaning that the murderers had ample opportunity to calm down, instead they followed him and his friend and shot him in cold blood... over a woman.  Nothing against the ladies... but you serious?  Steups.

Just Cool... every now so often we encouter situations which leave us calling for the death penalty.  Maybe that is a solution, I don't know.  It seems to me though that what we need is better enforcement of the laws already on the books, not more laws that will go unenforced.  One of the disadvantages of living outside TnT for so long is that I have become accustomed to a certain level of efficiency and accountability that is sorely lacking back home, and quite frankly if I was to move back, if the criminals don't kill me first I would die from high blood pressure. 

There is not a mile of US coastline that is not accounted for... the Mexican border porous only because the Coast Guard not watching that too.  Yet here we have one tiny little island to secure in Trinidad and everywhere you turn is gun.  They either coming in under cover of night on some desolate stretch of beach... or they being smuggled in among legitimate shipments (which happens here in the US as well, to be fair) meaning corruption is afoot.  There simply is no good reason why we shouldn't be able to step up monitoring the coastline and screening shipments into the country... none.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:51:39 AM by Bakes »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 11:21:07 PM »

Just Cool... every now so often we encouter situations which leave us calling for the death penalty.  Maybe that is a solution, I don't know.  It seems to me though that what we need is better enforcement of the laws already on the books, not more laws that will go unenforced

Fully agreed. You have to catch them first. I don't understand why police in 2011 are failing to catch criminals that do brazen violence in BROAD DAYLIGHT in front of eyewitnesses. These little fools doh operate carefully or have no masterplan to avoid capture , its impulse driven crime. They leaving a wealth of evidence and information behind.

Its police ineptitude coupled with a populace that is either too coward or practices a culture of silent resignation in the face of crime.

There should be a national symposium on crime, and the people must own up to the fact that society creates/is complicit in creating the conditions for crime, and it will NOT abate until we change our thinking and force a change in communities and institutions.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 11:58:42 PM »

Just Cool... every now so often we encouter situations which leave us calling for the death penalty.  Maybe that is a solution, I don't know.  It seems to me though that what we need is better enforcement of the laws already on the books, not more laws that will go unenforced

Fully agreed. You have to catch them first. I don't understand why police in 2011 are failing to catch criminals that do brazen violence in BROAD DAYLIGHT in front of eyewitnesses. These little fools doh operate carefully or have no masterplan to avoid capture , its impulse driven crime. They leaving a wealth of evidence and information behind.

Its police ineptitude coupled with a populace that is either too coward or practices a culture of silent resignation in the face of crime.

There should be a national symposium on crime, and the people must own up to the fact that society creates/is complicit in creating the conditions for crime, and it will NOT abate until we change our thinking and force a change in communities and institutions.

Ineptitude and corruption is the order of the day where our police and defence force is concerned, so, sadly, I am not too surprised with all that is going on home from the gun-smuggling to poor investivative results to the judiciary.  I, too, was a little weary of all the gang signs I saw being thrown up in all the pics, but they really don't mean too much, especially when one considers that Trinidad has always had, for as long as I can remember, so-called "gang activity" going on.  Back in the day, it may have led to some clashes in parties for the same reasons, "woman", but things never got like what we are seeing now.....but all that is for another thread.  With 46 murders already being recorded, maybe it isn't quite a cliche to say that this young man may have moved on to a "better place" in truth.  May he and all my people that are dying so fast and so terribly, may they all rest in peace.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 12:16:03 AM »

Ineptitude and corruption is the order of the day where our police and defence force is concerned, so, sadly, I am not too surprised with all that is going on home from the gun-smuggling to poor investivative results to the judiciary.  I, too, was a little weary of all the gang signs I saw being thrown up in all the pics, but they really don't mean too much, especially when one considers that Trinidad has always had, for as long as I can remember, so-called "gang activity" going on.  Back in the day, it may have led to some clashes in parties for the same reasons, "woman", but things never got like what we are seeing now.....but all that is for another thread.  With 46 murders already being recorded, maybe it isn't quite a cliche to say that this young man may have moved on to a "better place" in truth.  May he and all my people that are dying so fast and so terribly, may they all rest in peace.

Used to be when yuh get f*k up over a woman you had to eat it because it was woman's choice, and you had to respect that. Now is a different story
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>