March 29, 2024, 08:41:02 AM

Author Topic: T&T Four day team.  (Read 1690 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Four day team.
« on: February 01, 2011, 08:36:46 AM »

T&T squad: Daren Ganga (Captain), Lendl Simmons, Justin Guillen, Runako Morton, Jason Mohammed, Denesh Ramdin (vice-captain), Aneil Kanhai, Imran Khan, Dave Mohammed, Rayad Emrit, Amit Jaggernauth, Shannon Gabriel, Atiba Allert, Sherwin Ganga.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Four day team.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:29:32 AM »
No Kelly or Sunil Narine? I haven't followed the domestic Trini circuit too closely but any reason for their exclusion?

I think one of our problems in 4 day cricket is we don't have consistent strike bowlers - Kelly was at times so I'm surprised to see Imran Khan and Sherwin picked ahead of him who IMO are better suited for ODI/T20 cricket.

Also anyone know the latest on Tishan Maharaj? I heard he was back in the pitcure recently?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 11:46:03 AM »
holy sin ,ah going post the article dan .

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 11:48:36 AM »
UMPIRES at the 2011 edition of the Caribbean T20 tournament have allegedly written to the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) expressing concern with the legality of the bowling actions of Trinidad and Tobago’s Kevon Cooper and Sunil Narine.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 12:20:37 PM »
Ohhh ok. Makes sense. Cooper definitely looks real suspeck.

Narine looks like he's hyper-extending in his action to me - similar to Murali. Hyper-extension makes it look worse than normal but it's legal once it is within the allowed 15 degrees. I think he very well may be within the allowable limit.

Let's see how the Trinidad cricket board handles this.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:29:24 PM by sinned »

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 02:08:15 PM »
Tishan is back in the mix...he played in the trial games and made half centuries if i remember correctly. I hoping to see him at the game this weekend and find out the scene.

About the bowling action the team has said they have not received any formal report. I said it during the T20 tourney that there were several players on many teams that have very suspect actions and noone seems to be talking about it. Hope the TTCB take even rumblings of suspect action seriously and check the fellas actions before they get embarrassed with it in an international tournament
Back in Trini...

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 03:30:03 PM »
Ohhh ok. Makes sense. Cooper definitely looks real suspeck.

Narine looks like he's hyper-extending in his action to me - similar to Murali. Hyper-extension makes it look worse than normal but it's legal once it is within the allowed 15 degrees. I think he very well may be within the allowable limit.

Let's see how the Trinidad cricket board handles this.
Well they used the men even doh they heard the rumblings ,hope basserath didnt do that to finally win something .Trinidad n Tobago teams dont roll like that .
So on the assumption they beleived the actions were clean ,if they really care about Cooper and  Narine ,they need to send them to Australia to fix they problems right ?

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 04:07:11 PM »
imo, first step for them would be to get their actions verified - go to whatever facility they do the testing at and get a report on their degree of straightening and for which deliveries etc.

then if they need to they can go to the facility to correct/tweak their action.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »
Tishan is back in the mix...he played in the trial games and made half centuries if i remember correctly. I hoping to see him at the game this weekend and find out the scene.

Thanks for the update  :beermug:

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 06:11:06 PM »
Give the Bimmers most of what they dont like,unleash Slo Mo,Jaggs,Khan & Shanga at dem in the "Lion's Den",no getting away in Guaracara.They got away last time wid they teefing antics so all lights will be turned off in the Oilfield this time. ;D ;D ;D

1]; } ?>