April 29, 2024, 05:29:55 AM

Author Topic: GNC welcomes Warriors.  (Read 5434 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
GNC welcomes Warriors.
« on: February 03, 2011, 06:22:36 AM »
GNC welcomes Warriors.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

GNC last weekend welcomed members of the T&T Soca Warriors to its first official outlet at the Gulf City Shopping Mall and intends to harness a relationship with the national footballers as they aspire towards success on the international stage.

GNC is noted as the largest global specialty retailer of nutritional products with a portfolio which ranges from vitamins, minerals, herbs, and specialty supplements for sports nutrition, diet and energy.

They have over 4,800 retail locations throughout the United States and more than 1,000 franchise and franchise operations in 48 international markets which now includes T&T.

National team captain Trent Noel and Joe Public goalkeeper Trent Noel as well as former 1989 Strike Squad captain Clayton Morris were all present at the store’s official opening last Saturday and were signed up to membership offers and received sampling of some of the popular products.

Brand manager Richard Marshall spoke of GNC’s intention to partner with the Soca Warriors and other athletes to try and enhance their performances.

“This could be a major part in the success of the Soca Warriors. That would be very good for both parties and I believe we will be happy to work with the Warriors and educate them as well, said Marshall.

“One of our drives  is to bring education and knowledge to athletes and people in general.” He explained the possible benefits to players who are constantly in training.

“As a footballer, when you exercise basically what happens is your muscles get microscopic tears (in your muscle tissues), so every exercise puts the body under stress and there is a recovery process within that.

Our supplements give you energy to help you reach your optimum performance levels and then the recovery side which is crucial.

“There is a full range with protein and other supplements such as amino acids that helps the athletes recover and by doing that quicker, you can train harder and get fitter as well as prevent yourself from becoming over trained,” Marshall said.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:25:18 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: GNC welcomes Warriors.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 06:51:14 AM »
At last, marketing from TTFF! They need to do more of this! As long as the money they earn is accounted for and used wisely, I'm all for the National team being used in promotions.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 07:59:45 AM »
hope this is not de precursor to steroids.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 08:44:52 AM »
???

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 09:06:15 AM »
How steriods come in this? out ah timing and kiss meh ass negative is gross understatements to explain  this statement.
tell them it was me

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 09:12:07 AM »
How steriods come in this? out ah timing and kiss meh ass negative is gross understatements to explain  this statement.

huh? hold on there ironman. Your statement is more naive than mine. Mine might be sworded and even malicious but to think that the mineral/drug co like GNC and athletes dont have the possibility of an unfriendly communion means you dont follow sports at the national / international level. Or maybe like Rawle Raphael yuh dont believe dem ting could happen in TnT.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline rastarocket7

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 09:18:43 AM »
dumb shit.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 09:35:08 AM »
dumb shit.

Aright! It was a little Clarke Kentish... I'll admit.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »

huh? hold on there ironman. Your statement is more naive than mine. Mine might be sworded and even malicious but to think that the mineral/drug co like GNC and athletes dont have the possibility of an unfriendly communion means you dont follow sports at the national / international level. Or maybe like Rawle Raphael yuh dont believe dem ting could happen in TnT.

Yuh statement come in kinda ignorant for real... I understand what it is yuh trying to say but the delivery left much to be desired.  Many athletes get in trouble here in the US and elsewhere because they take over the counter supplements that end up having banned substances in them... but "banned substances" is not the same as "steroids".  Banned substances include a number of items, including Ephedrine, the active ingredient in common cold medication such as Sudafed.  They did mention availability of products to help "enhance performance" and I think that there's genuine concern to be had there.  Athletes need to be aware of which performance enhancers are on the banned list and avoid them accordingly.

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 11:02:17 AM »
Mr. Ephraim your statement is supporting an ignorant culture we have about taking care of ourselves as athletes and by coaches who handle our athletes locally.GNC have simple products like the MegaMen line that would be invaluble to footballers and not to mention the athletics arena.GNC is a respected supplier of supplements to world sports,in pro sport  an athlete ingests fish oils,multi vitamins,creatine enhancers,joint treatment,testosterone level maintainers,ZMA etc for optimum performance,optimum performance something we are totally daft to.All this is just one aspect of our greatest sporting weaknesses "PREPARATION".
Listen about being naive.........dont go there  :devil:
tell them it was me

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 11:55:13 AM »
Dont see where the mention of steriods is needed!A club is making the right steps to getting together with a supplement distributor maybe other sports e.g track and field,swimming should take a page out of this club's book
tell them it was me

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 12:57:44 PM »
GNC welcomes Warriors.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

GNC last weekend welcomed members of the T&T Soca Warriors to its first official outlet at the Gulf City Shopping Mall and intends to harness a relationship with the national footballers as they aspire towards success on the international stage.

GNC is noted as the largest global specialty retailer of nutritional products with a portfolio which ranges from vitamins, minerals, herbs, and specialty supplements for sports nutrition, diet and energy.

They have over 4,800 retail locations throughout the United States and more than 1,000 franchise and franchise operations in 48 international markets which now includes T&T.

National team captain Trent Noel and Joe Public goalkeeper Trent Noel as well as former 1989 Strike Squad captain Clayton Morris were all present at the store’s official opening last Saturday and were signed up to membership offers and received sampling of some of the popular products.

Didn't realize Trent Noel was a goalie

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 01:26:01 PM »
Dont see where the mention of steriods is needed!A club is making the right steps to getting together with a supplement distributor maybe other sports e.g track and field,swimming should take a page out of this club's book

The mention of the word "steriods" was not needed but to completely disband the thought that enhancer distributors do not sometimes produce enhancers that are unkind to an athletes body is in my opinion, naive.
I think it is a good thing the GNC company is doing and ill knock on wood and take it all back to not jinx the private company interest that they are showing. I guess if this was motorola doing the promotion I might not have thought about drugs and athletes. Give thanks for the instructional on all the oils and salts that our athletes could do with daily doses of.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 01:27:27 PM »

Yuh statement come in kinda ignorant for real... I understand what it is yuh trying to say but the delivery left much to be desired.  Many athletes get in trouble here in the US and elsewhere because they take over the counter supplements that end up having banned substances in them... but "banned substances" is not the same as "steroids".  Banned substances include a number of items, including Ephedrine, the active ingredient in common cold medication such as Sudafed.  They did mention availability of products to help "enhance performance" and I think that there's genuine concern to be had there.  Athletes need to be aware of which performance enhancers are on the banned list and avoid them accordingly.

give thanks bakes for the elaboration on my original thought dey. I should have used words as telling as yours. :beermug: :beermug:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 02:35:00 PM »
give thanks bakes for the elaboration on my original thought dey. I should have used words as telling as yours. :beermug: :beermug:

No scenes man... like you I have ah healthy skepticism of these supplement companies, they don't always fully disclose the "ingredients" on the label and ah think some of that is where these athletes could get ketch.  What would be nice to see is for the TTFF to put a dietary plan in place for players in training (or even all potential national pool footballers) to follow, including a list of safe, approved supplements.

Man could dream, right?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 06:04:34 PM »

No scenes man... like you I have ah healthy skepticism of these supplement companies, they don't always fully disclose the "ingredients" on the label and ah think some of that is where these athletes could get ketch.  What would be nice to see is for the TTFF to put a dietary plan in place for players in training (or even all potential national pool footballers) to follow, including a list of safe, approved supplements.

Man could dream, right?

I myself have doubts about these food suppliments when companies push their products. We  tired hear athletes lamenting when they get busted that they took some over the counter drug for asthma or some infection. These companies advertise that their products as  legal, and when you see the physique of the men and women in their magazines, it make go 'hummm', 'oh?', 'Lard'. I think Davidephraim raised legitimate concerns. I am not saying they should turn down the sponsorship. But I hope the TTFF have  FIFA certified doctor and dietician if they plan to have the players use the suppliments.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 09:16:57 PM »
It never had a GNC before in Trinidad?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 10:29:48 PM »
I myself have doubts about these food suppliments when companies push their products. We  tired hear athletes lamenting when they get busted that they took some over the counter drug for asthma or some infection. These companies advertise that their products as  legal, and when you see the physique of the men and women in their magazines, it make go 'hummm', 'oh?', 'Lard'. I think Davidephraim raised legitimate concerns. I am not saying they should turn down the sponsorship. But I hope the TTFF have  FIFA certified doctor and dietician if they plan to have the players use the suppliments.

Agreed... ah think is juss de terse delivery was off-putting, especially since men interpret it as a negative.  As fuh de "certified doctor"... ent Terence Babwah  is ah doctor?

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 08:36:02 AM »
Is about time for something like this…I’ve been saying for years that some of them maga men on our team could use a protein shake…or 10 :D

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 10:43:03 AM »
Wheeeeeyyyy....boy..lawd we in the dark frigging ages.Fellas education is the key and a culture of wanting to be the best e.g
Bee Pollen/Fish Oil,High Quality Protien Supplement,Basic Multi vitamin,B 12 isolated and ZMA that should be basic for any trying to attain top level performance PERIOD..these things supplement a HIGH QUALITY DIET.
 Most of GNC products are along the line of the above stated.The bigger mainstream eg MetRx,GNC supplement providers generally stay away from having any WADA (World Anti Doping Agency) listed supplements in their products,when you start deal with stimulants,duretics,Test enhancers,growth hormones,pro hormones then there is obvious concern.Anyway I think the point I am trying to make is biased, having been involved in sport in Trinidad for approx 17 years and seen the embarrassing level of ignorance we suffer from.You think Usain Bolt or Kenwyne Jones goes on suppligen and common fowl egg!!!! no they take the best performance enhacing supplements that are not on IAAF,FIFA and/or WADA's ............list simple.
tell them it was me

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 12:16:55 PM »
Wheeeeeyyyy....boy..lawd we in the dark frigging ages.Fellas education is the key and a culture of wanting to be the best e.g
Bee Pollen/Fish Oil,High Quality Protien Supplement,Basic Multi vitamin,B 12 isolated and ZMA that should be basic for any trying to attain top level performance PERIOD..these things supplement a HIGH QUALITY DIET.
 Most of GNC products are along the line of the above stated.The bigger mainstream eg MetRx,GNC supplement providers generally stay away from having any WADA (World Anti Doping Agency) listed supplements in their products,when you start deal with stimulants,duretics,Test enhancers,growth hormones,pro hormones then there is obvious concern.Anyway I think the point I am trying to make is biased, having been involved in sport in Trinidad for approx 17 years and seen the embarrassing level of ignorance we suffer from.You think Usain Bolt or Kenwyne Jones goes on suppligen and common fowl egg!!!! no they take the best performance enhacing supplements that are not on IAAF,FIFA and/or WADA's ............list simple.

You need to calm yuhself down and stop making so many assumptions about who need education from who don't.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 01:25:12 PM »
You need to calm yuhself down and stop making so many assumptions about who need education from who don't.

lol  ;D ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 01:30:45 PM »
You think Usain Bolt or Kenwyne Jones goes on suppligen and common fowl egg!!!! no they take the best performance enhacing supplements that are not on IAAF,FIFA and/or WADA's ............list simple.

Who said that Usain Bolt & Jones rely on suppligen for e.g.?  David E. made a statement that was clearly not well thought out but we know where he was coming from....

I think you're transferring your frustration from your experiences into a thread where it's not really warranted. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 03:35:23 PM »
You think Usain Bolt or Kenwyne Jones goes on suppligen and common fowl egg!!!! no they take the best performance enhacing supplements that are not on IAAF,FIFA and/or WADA's ............list simple.

Who said that Usain Bolt & Jones rely on suppligen for e.g.?  David E. made a statement that was clearly not well thought out but we know where he was coming from....

I think you're transferring your frustration from your experiences into a thread where it's not really warranted. 

Like yuh ent realise the man name is Ironman or wha?
He must be taking lots of suppligen & iron tablets and naturally feeling that everyone else does the same!!  :D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 03:41:42 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 07:53:34 AM »
Socapro and Flex to be honest I really miss the days going back to marc purcell into this wonderful board when cokesman,socapro,flex as a poster,patriot and company had an enviroment that fostered heavy sports conversation then times I posted as steve......hey Flex ah stop playing with heavy balls and I playing football now but ah different code ;D.Blessed
tell them it was me

1]; } ?>