April 26, 2024, 08:56:53 PM

Author Topic: SIX TOP Televangelists Under Investigations  (Read 2452 times)

truetrini

SIX TOP Televangelists Under Investigations
« on: February 21, 2011, 02:55:28 PM »
http://www.zimbio.com/Evangelicals/articles/25/SIX+TOP+Televangelists+Under+Investigations

SIX TOP Televangelists Under Investigations; Living High on Hog, 10.5 Million Dollar Mansions, Lear Jets, Rolls-Royces, From Donated Moneys:

“This has got to be an OUTRAGE FOLKS! If people never learned anything from Jim Bakker they are doing it again, getting suckered/conned in supporting LAVISH lifestyles for undeserving CROOKED men and women who preach the name of God for their personal fortunes. Looks like a bigger Tulsa Oklahoma’s Oral Roberts University Connections.”

Grassley Probes Televangelists' Finances
Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, speaks at the Iowa State Republican Party Convention in Des...
By JUSTIN JUOZAPAVICIUS, AP
Wed Nov 7, 2:00 AM EST

Acting on tips about preachers who ride in Rolls Royces and have purportedly paid $30,000 for a conference table, the top Republican on the Senate Finance Committee said Tuesday he's investigating the finances of six well-known TV ministers.

Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa said those under scrutiny include faith healer Benny Hinn, Georgia megachurch pastor Creflo Dollar and one of the nation's best known female preachers, Joyce Meyer.

Grassley sent letters to the half-dozen Christian media ministries earlier this week requesting answers by Dec. 6 about their expenses, executive compensation and amenities, including use of fancy cars and private jets.

In a statement, Grassley said he was acting on complaints from the public and news coverage of the organizations.

"The allegations involve governing boards that aren't independent and allow generous salaries and housing allowances and amenities such as private jets and Rolls Royces," Grassley said.

"I don't want to conclude that there's a problem, but I have an obligation to donors and the taxpayers to find out more. People who donated should have their money spent as intended and in adherence with the tax code."

Those ministries that responded Tuesday either said they were cooperating or committed to financial transparency and following the law.

The investigation promises to shine new light on the kind of TV ministries that were crippled by sex and money scandals in the 1980s. Experts also say it stands out as an unusual case of the government probing the inner workings of religious organizations.

Most of those under investigation preach a variation of the "prosperity gospel," the teaching that God will shower faithful followers with material riches.
Grassley's letters went to:

_ Kenneth and Gloria Copeland of Kenneth Copeland Ministries of Newark, Texas, a $20 million organization and prosperity gospel pioneer. Questions were raised about the transfer of church assets to a for-profit company, Security Patrol Inc., a $1 million loan from Gloria Copeland to the group, and a "personal gift" of more than $2 million given to Kenneth Copeland to mark the ministry's 40th anniversary.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SIX TOP Televangelists Under Investigations
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 04:24:11 PM »
The wise must live by the foolish....!!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 10:52:05 PM »
Why he do go and write letters to all them crocked CEOS that bankrolling his seat.  LOL.  These fellas think God does sleep.  You chasing a preacher for 2million dollars here and 4mill. here, Who have Rolls Royce and Jet.  Ceos earnings has increased by over 500% since the 90s....500%.  Go and find the bail out money nah.  Who thief the Trillions of tax payers money....preachers?  If wasn't for crocked politicians you wouldn't need crocked preachers.  Plain and simple.  Now you want to discredit something that does give people a lil hope. I guess only politicians, that serve the people get to use tax payers money for Rolls Royce, Jets, hookers, drugs and aimless wars.   >:(.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 11:04:59 PM »
Why he do go and write letters to all them crocked CEOS that bankrolling his seat.  LOL.  These fellas think God does sleep.  You chasing a preacher for 2million dollars here and 4mill. here, Who have Rolls Royce and Jet.  Ceos earnings has increased by over 500% since the 90s....500%.  Go and find the bail out money nah.  Who thief the Trillions of tax payers money....preachers?  If wasn't for crocked politicians you wouldn't need crocked preachers.  Plain and simple.  Now you want to discredit something that does give people a lil hope. I guess only politicians, that serve the people get to use tax payers money for Rolls Royce, Jets, hookers, drugs and aimless wars.   >:(.

yuh have to be kicksing?  Dese fellas and ladies is not preachers, dem is reachers...reaching into poor gullible fools who believe dem preaching God's word...steups.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 11:51:33 PM »
Well you can focus on the crooked preachers if you want.  To me is like pot telling kettle he bottom black.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 12:09:06 AM »
Ammmmm....Preachers are Ceo's..I think that's the whole point of the article anyways..Politicians can spend all of taxpayers money on prostitutes, drugs and whatever else there is. That's why their reputation is so stink and everyone is suspicious of them. Bailout money what? Who's bailout money? Seeing as big corporation pay the most taxes it seems to me that they bailed out themselves..!!!

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 12:30:04 AM »
Well you can focus on the crooked preachers if you want.  To me is like pot telling kettle he bottom black.

choose your poison, you focus on politicans, well yuh done know I have it in for so-called preachers.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 05:41:28 AM »
preacher I doh understand you, give people ah lil hope is one ting, man flying jet, living in million dollar mansion..........den some does want to see yuh payslip like dem is who grind dey ass whole day wukkin for your dollar, to get dem share, an d SHEEP....... um sorry..........flock does eat dat wit ice-cream, when some ah dem cyar afford to pay dey mortgage............steups......show mih ah preacher who does actively use his bounty to give back to his flock (and I ent talkin bout no shallow gimmick where half was additional money fleeced from.....um sorry contributed by said flock) chances are he ent have no mansion or rolls royce either..
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:40:56 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 07:16:55 AM »
Why he do go and write letters to all them crocked CEOS that bankrolling his seat.  LOL.  These fellas think God does sleep. 

I agree with yuh breds...like dat fellah didnt get no campaign contributions from the men of the pulpit, so he ridin hard fuh dem

btw Preacher,how much yuh does pay to fill up yuh Bentley?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

giggsy11

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 10:04:41 AM »
Why he do go and write letters to all them crocked CEOS that bankrolling his seat.  LOL.  These fellas think God does sleep. 

I agree with yuh breds...like dat fellah didnt get no campaign contributions from the men of the pulpit, so he ridin hard fuh dem

[/b]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

giggsy11

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 10:18:42 AM »
I don't mess with organize religion any more and the hypocrisy of it all! What kind of church is it when the pastor holding it down with big houses, cars, furs, vacations and other expensive luxuries while people in the pulpit aint have a pot to piss in? What is wrong with that picture? I think these "preachers'" motivation are not to preach the word put to use the preaching of the word as a means to make money! And the 10% and the forever going "building fund", given by all, helping to sustain their lifestyle.  It is still amazing how people still allow themselves to get caught up with these churches. You don't have to go to church to give your money away in order to "give back".

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 11:02:06 AM »
I don't mess with organize religion any more and the hypocrisy of it all! What kind of church is it when the pastor holding it down with big houses, cars, furs, vacations and other expensive luxuries while people in the pulpit aint have a pot to piss in? What is wrong with that picture? I think these "preachers'" motivation are not to preach the word put to use the preaching of the word as a means to make money! And the 10% and the forever going "building fund", given by all, helping to sustain their lifestyle.  It is still amazing how people still allow themselves to get caught up with these churches. You don't have to go to church to give your money away in order to "give back".

dais my problem right there, dese "good" men an women hording millions in money dem ain't do shit for, doh pay no kinda tax on alot ah d time and dey have parishioners who piss poor an' does still take dey exact 10% wit ah smile on dey face, put dey dutty han ..........em no offense Dutty ;D ...on yuh head an say god goh provide...........it is said dat god help those who help demselves ah tinjk he will understand yuh have bills to pay.............d pastor wife ent goh get d $5000 mink but ah doh tink she goh mind d $4000 one...............too much
I pity the fool....

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 06:18:57 PM »

[/b]

He live up to he name dey.. ;D   Man knock away meh soap box oui.  I ain't have no Bentley.  As least not yet.  ;)

@ Lefty:  I know it have crooked preachers but i for one ain't jumping on no politician band wagon to be calling nobody name in an alleged situation.  U feel this is the first time they getting looked at?  Please!!  Trust me, those mentioned would have been locked up long time.  Truth is those guys are the most audited Christian orgs around. 
The bible does say that some men will preach for selfish ambition.  But I'm not gonna blanket all preachers as crooks or if a man come up and now he have a nice house after 50 years, fight him down.  What you need to realize bro is that after a certain level in your professional career Bentley and Jet is small thing.  Some of these people all over the world preaching back to back.  Sometimes they need to charter something dais just normal.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 07:06:09 AM »

[/b]

He live up to he name dey.. ;D   Man knock away meh soap box oui.  I ain't have no Bentley.  As least not yet.  ;)

@ Lefty:  I know it have crooked preachers but i for one ain't jumping on no politician band wagon to be calling nobody name in an alleged situation.  U feel this is the first time they getting looked at?  Please!!  Trust me, those mentioned would have been locked up long time.  Truth is those guys are the most audited Christian orgs around. 
The bible does say that some men will preach for selfish ambition.  But I'm not gonna blanket all preachers as crooks or if a man come up and now he have a nice house after 50 years, fight him down.  What you need to realize bro is that after a certain level in your professional career Bentley and Jet is small thing.  Some of these people all over the world preaching back to back.  Sometimes they need to charter something dais just normal.

all that said, it doesn't negate d fact dat some ah dem does real advantage people dat look up to them, take take take and dont give back.
I pity the fool....

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 02:25:47 AM »
all that said, it doesn't negate d fact dat some ah dem does real advantage people dat look up to them, take take take and dont give back.

No doubt about that bro.  Wealth and power is very seductive.  I did some digging to look at how preachers make their monies.

Most of the orgs. being referenced are run by boards and not the preachers themselves.  Their salaries are proposed by the Board and approved by the church.  Their salaries are open to IRS and org leaders.  So that mean the bigger your church the larger your salary.  Just like any other profession.  That's just how it goes.  Now...the real monies comes from 'Intellectual Property,' and copyright laws.  A church can pay you to preach but they don't necessarily own what you preach.  Unless agreed to, you own that under copyright law.  So you are talking about tapes, DVDs, books etc.  Many many pastors have a separate ministry through which they market these products.   So look how easy it is, let's say, you could preach and God bless yuh with 2 -3 Best sellers(Preachers in question have 7 or more)... So Kaching$$.....You start getting your stuff on radio...Kaching$$.....You form your own publishing company to house your best sellers to come....Kaching$$....Other writers want to be with your company..Kaching$$....Speaking engagements....Kaching$$....nationally....internationally....Kaching$$...
The church is run by a board and in the past 2 years the church has tripled.  You think they'll say, nah you making to much already find another wuk?  Nooo they'll give to a raise so that the church can keep going and growing.

So lefty, once you in that position, you making bank.  And if you behave yourself you can be making bank for 20 years.  Benny Hinn was doing it since early 80s. 

giggsy11

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 10:55:17 AM »

No doubt about that bro.  Wealth and power is very seductive.  I did some digging to look at how preachers make their monies.
Most of the orgs. being referenced are run by boards and not the preachers themselves.  Their salaries are proposed by the Board and approved by the church.  Their salaries are open to IRS and org leaders.  So that mean the bigger your church the larger your salary.  Just like any other profession.  That's just how it goes.  Now...the real monies comes from 'Intellectual Property,' and copyright laws.  A church can pay you to preach but they don't necessarily own what you preach.  Unless agreed to, you own that under copyright law.  So you are talking about tapes, DVDs, books etc.  Many many pastors have a separate ministry through which they market these products.   So look how easy it is, let's say, you could preach and God bless yuh with 2 -3 Best sellers(Preachers in question have 7 or more)... So Kaching$$.....You start getting your stuff on radio...Kaching$$.....You form your own publishing company to house your best sellers to come....Kaching$$....Other writers want to be with your company..Kaching$$....Speaking engagements....Kaching$$....nationally....internationally....Kaching$$...
The church is run by a board and in the past 2 years the church has tripled.  You think they'll say, nah you making to much already find another wuk?  Nooo they'll give to a raise so that the church can keep going and growing.

So lefty, once you in that position, you making bank.  And if you behave yourself you can be making bank for 20 years.  Benny Hinn was doing it since early 80s. 

But wait, yuh is not a real preacher? You had to do some digging?  ???

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 05:37:43 PM »
No I not on the Cover of Time like those fellas.  :P  But those orgs run very very similar in their org charts.  However, many churches function where the pastor makes the final decision including salary cap etc.  That is where you find drama.  According to allyuh, the fact that I don't have a Bently would answer your question.   ;D  No I'm not over any congregation. Never wanted that scene. 

1]; } ?>