April 29, 2024, 06:43:44 AM

Author Topic: Singh wants to fight for TT - TT Guardian  (Read 1197 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Singh wants to fight for TT - TT Guardian
« on: March 17, 2011, 04:19:46 AM »
Singh wants to fight for T&T

Published: Thu, 2010-12-30 19:08
Kevin Sunich

16-year-old US-based T&T amateur boxer Lawrence Singh, center, poses with one of his belts. Singh, who has a record of 85 wins from 100 fights, has indicated that he will be representing T&T at the 2012 London Olympics.

T&T is expected to get another medal hopeful to fly the national red, white and black colours at the 2012 London Olympics. Sixteen-year-old boxing sensation Lawrence Singh of Baltimore, USA, has signalled his intentions to fight for the twin island Republic. When contacted he revealed: “I feel that I have a chance to win a medal for T&T at the next Olympics. If I represent the USA, it would be just another gold, but if I represent Trinidad and Tobago, it would be worth more.” Singh, who was born to Rita Singh of T&T and Loknauth Singh of Guyana, has won 85 of his 100 amateur fights in American boxing rings, and has captured two World Youth Championship titles and two Golden Gloves titles.

Special Adviser to the T&T Boxing Board of Control (T&TBBC) Boxu Potts, said the teenager is the next medal hopeful for T&T. “He has what it takes to be a champion, and he will no doubt do T&T proud. He has a lot of heart and is extremely quick,” said Potts. Lawrence and his parents are currently visiting Guyana, and a Guyanese newspaper labelled him as a US-based Guyanese boxer, however, Potts feels that it is just a matter of time before the official documents are signed giving him T&T citizenship.

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Singh wants to fight for TT - TT Guardian
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 12:34:19 PM »
nice!

all the best to him! 
 :beermug: to Representing the Red, Black & White
whey boy!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Singh wants to fight for TT - TT Guardian
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 09:32:45 PM »
Like he never hear bout Boxo Potts and he is d adviser 2 d Minister on boxing. All d best 2 d yute ah go pray 4 him he go need it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>