March 28, 2024, 05:47:20 PM

Author Topic: Sheldon Bateau Thread  (Read 49477 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sheldon Bateau Thread
« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2022, 10:33:43 PM »
Lehwe see who paying attention:

Another NT player and former Fatima College baller played at Samsunspor. Name the player.

To draw a 'VB' --- Tallman to the rescue only after (a) a couple posters have weighed in or (b) the clock has ticked sufficiently on getting a credible response.

I could have dragged out the question by providing the Fatima hint later, but there it is. Go for it. :beermug:
the DR ?
add: easy search doh   :laugh:

Yuh eh call no name. Like yuh hedging.
the Darryl Roberts. I guess there was another DR in the house. I didn't know myself till I checked. Another easy to find.  Don't know if he went Fatima doh.

1963 FA Champions
Back Row: Ronnie Woods, Dick Rodriguez, Sedley Joseph, Lincoln Phillips, Kelvin Hoford, Eddie Aleong
Front Row: Andy Aleong, Alvin Corneal, David McDeegan, Joey Donaldson, Rawle Boland.

https://www.ttfootballhistory.com/node/3353
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 10:43:04 PM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2022, 05:26:03 AM »

Another NT player and former Fatima College baller played at Samsunspor. Name the player.

To draw a 'VB' --- Tallman to the rescue only after (a) a couple posters have weighed in or (b) the clock has ticked sufficiently on getting a credible response.

I could have dragged out the question by providing the Fatima hint later, but there it is. Go for it. :beermug:
Cyah really name too many of us who play in Turkey, so I'll assume Darryl Roberts without checking.

TM, how many names yuh have with a Turkey tour?

Dinner Mints: Correct!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2022, 05:29:36 AM »

the DR ?

If a prize was on the line, yuh woulda get pipped for coasting. ::)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2022, 05:36:50 AM »

the DR ?

the Darryl Roberts. I guess there was another DR in the house. I didn't know myself till I checked. Another easy to find.  Don't know if he went Fatima doh.

1963 FA Champions
Back Row: Ronnie Woods, Dick Rodriguez, Sedley Joseph, Lincoln Phillips, Kelvin Hoford, Eddie Aleong
Front Row: Andy Aleong, Alvin Corneal, David McDeegan, Joey Donaldson, Rawle Boland.

At least yuh know where he didn't go.  :devil:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2022, 12:41:12 PM »

the DR ?

1963 FA Champions

At least yuh know where he didn't go.  :devil:
So for a Historical enlightenment and a Knowledge prize of Fringe players in a team game..(we tend only to focus on the stars and not the rest of the universe). Where did Dick Rodriguez go to school ? (hard search - might have to consult a family member or past living teammate, before it's lost.)
ps: Sorry for thread Hijack, Tman will return it without ransom, i'm sure.

pss: Look this from Linc book.. Yuh know yuh old as sc**t when you play with or against more than 15 of  the players listed. I should add, all of the play i refer to, wasn't in TT. and weren't all TTians. As for Deeks , he must be over 100     :rotfl: :rotfl:   
https://books.google.ca/books?id=yFo6AwAAQBAJ&pg=PA197&lpg=PA197&dq=%22Trinidad%22%2B%22Dick+Rodriguez%22&source=bl&ots=ko__MdoaNY&sig=ACfU3U0FD5JQxmCLnZSNXw1ulowuEYootA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi4zK6srar1AhXZl4kEHfeJCzIQ6AF6BAgDEAM#v=onepage&q=%22Trinidad%22%2B%22Dick%20Rodriguez%22&f=false
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 01:01:44 PM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2022, 06:34:44 AM »
Bateau included in the starting lineup for the match versus Balikesirspor. Kick-off at 9:00am T&T time.

This link may not be available outside of Turkey, but give it a shot.

https://www.trtizle.com/canli/tv/trt-spor
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 06:38:07 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2022, 08:57:36 AM »
Had his second consecutive start on Friday. Two clean sheets. 2-0 and 3-0 victories.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2022, 07:32:23 AM »
Trifactor Podcast had the privilige to sit with Sheldon Bateau recently and it was real vibes. Long too. So here's part one where we discuss his early career and his decision to go pro.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aND0ENHiLTY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aND0ENHiLTY</a>

Share it...Like it...Subscribe.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2022, 06:59:13 AM »
Part 2 of Trifactor Podcast's Interview with Sheldon Bateau. We discuss some of the challenges faced during his pro career and how HE took matters into his hands to change it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gu-6M89CHfg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gu-6M89CHfg</a>
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2022, 06:33:39 PM »
Part 3 up now:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/H703CQtfQt8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/H703CQtfQt8</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2022, 09:44:37 AM »
Defender Sheldon Bateau joins Belgian First Division B club Sportkring Beveren on loan from Samsunspor.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 14, 2022, 07:22:14 AM »
What kinda designation is First Division B? I had to check, it is the 2nd tier. I wish him good luck and I hope to see some highlights

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 21, 2023, 08:25:08 AM »
Sheldon Bateau joins SK Beveren on a permanent transfer
skbeveren.be

SK Beveren has reached an agreement with Sheldon Bateau (32) for an extended stay. The experienced defender will be seen at the Freethiel for the next two seasons.

Sheldon Bateau was discovered by Belgian side KV Mechelen in his home country of Trinidad and Tobago. Mechelen brought him to Europe in 2012. The defender was under contract with Mechelen for two periods. He played a total of 128 times for Malinwa . In between, he was active for Samara, Almaty, and Sarpsborg. In early 2022, the experienced defender made the move to Turkish club Samsunspor, who loaned him to SKB for one season.

In 2023-2024, Sheldon Bateau was a very important member of the Beveren defense, he made a significant contribution to goalkeeper Reus' eleven clean sheets. SKB is therefore delighted to continue relying on the defender.

Sporting Director Tom Van den Abbeele :

Our leader in defense is back in full force! Sheldon has signed a contract that binds him to SK Beveren for the next 2 seasons. We will greatly benefit from his experience and leadership in achieving our objectives. He will join the training camp immediately. Welcome back!”

CEO Antoine Gobin :

“Sheldon was one of our leaders on and off the pitch last year. He was part of the key to stability, to serenity in the backline.

The moment the season finished, we said to each other that we would do everything to get him back to Beveren to help us accomplish what we weren't able to last year.

Sheldon had once again the honor of representing his country in the Gold Cup, and after well-deserved rest with his family we're thrilled he's joined us for the core part of our preparation.

Welcome back home Sheldon!”

We wish Sheldon a lot of success with his extended stay at our club!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 21, 2023, 01:00:29 PM »
Shame that we have seen this dude score and assist from defense to attack raids and never sort to make it a consistent thing he does or move him into defensive midfield as a box to box option, we don't really have a proper ball carrier from deep otherwise
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 22, 2023, 08:46:08 AM »
Shame that we have seen this dude score and assist from defense to attack raids and never sort to make it a consistent thing he does or move him into defensive midfield as a box to box option, we don't really have a proper ball carrier from deep otherwise

Endangered species sighting! What's this? Ancient history?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 18, 2023, 07:50:20 PM »
New captain Sheldon Bateau must lead SK Beveren to promotion
By Wim Houttequiet (Gazet van Antwerpen)

Sheldon Bateau (32) is the new captain of SK Beveren. The brand new captain must guide the yellow-blue ship towards promotion this year. The 32-year-old defender talks about his return to the Freethiel, his new role within the team, the slow start to the season and the ambitions of the team. “Everyone expects a lot from us”, Bateau says.

Well begun is half done goes the saying. But just like last season, Beveren has start off slowly. Last year, yellow-blue recovered after a lesser start to eventually remain in the title race for a long time. Nothing is yet decided, although it has to be much better if the club wants to take another shot at promotion this year. “It was not the start we expected”, says Sheldon Bateau, the new captain this season. “The balance in the team is not quite right yet. It is now up to us to show a positive response, especially for our own fans. Last year we only lost once in the league at home. We want to continue being strong at home this season.”

Ambitions and expectations are again high in the Waasland, even though many players left in the summer. “Expectations are indeed very high”, says Bateau, who predicts a difficult season due to last season's good performances. “Everyone expects us to be at the top of the standings and the pressure from the supporters has increased. It is very understandable after last season. But this is a new season with new players. We'll need some time to get to grips with each other. Hopefully we will pick up enough points in that period. Is there sufficient quality? You can never have enough quality in the quest to be champion. So extra quality is always welcome.”

Fresh courage
The disappointment on missing out on the title last season has now made way for fresh courage. “It still hurts. It was one of the most difficult moments of my playing career,” he recalls. “But we shouldn't hold on to past setbacks. That won't help us this season. The goal is to finish in the top three. And hopefully we can uncork the champagne at the end of the season.”

Natural leader
Bateau was installed as the new captain at the beginning of this season, a role that is made for him. “It is a responsibility that I gladly accept,” says Bateau. “I am used to motivating a group. That's something very natural to me, it's not forced. In this group I also get a lot of respect from everyone and I have a good relationship with all the players.”

After a successful loan period, Bateau signed permanently in the Waasland this summer, although his arrival was delayed. “I had an agreement with Beveren very quickly, but I still had to make a deal with Samsunspor”, Bateau clarifies his transfer from the Turkish team. “We had to find an agreement financially. I am very happy to be back in Beveren. Physically it is getting better and better every day. I am very happy here both on and off the field.”

Family
Bateau feels like a fish in water in Belgium, even though his family resides in his home country of Trinidad and Tobago. “Stability is very important to me and my family,” he explains why he chose Beveren again. “My son goes to school in Trinidad and Tobago. Because I moved around a lot, they never came over. We have been doing this for several years now and are gradually getting used to it. Although it's not always easy for my girlfriend and me. We are looking for a good solution and who knows, maybe they will come to Belgium. We have yet to look at that option.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 23, 2023, 08:01:59 PM »
Defender Sheldon Bateau opens his account for the season with a close-range finish off a corner to open the scoring in SK Beveren's 3-0 win over Club NXT.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/C8Xhdj6ItNQ?start=45" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/C8Xhdj6ItNQ?start=45</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 25, 2023, 12:03:24 PM »
I hope we will have him and the others from overseas for the matches against USA,hope,hope and hope.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 13, 2023, 09:36:58 PM »
Sheldon Bateau's header in stoppage time sparks SK Beveren's 2-2 come-from-behind draw against Lommel SK.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gmW70T3S0IA?start=301" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gmW70T3S0IA?start=301</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 26, 2024, 03:23:36 PM »
A stoppage time header by Sheldon Bateau salvaged a point for SK Beveren with a 2-2 draw against KMSK Deinze.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/391TKmmO1jY?start=324" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/391TKmmO1jY?start=324</a>

1]; } ?>