March 28, 2024, 07:27:22 AM

Author Topic: Sheldon Bateau Thread  (Read 49452 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Bateau on trial in Holland
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2012, 07:26:22 PM »
Dont want to get into the details, but both Jayson Joseph and Sheldon Bateau was not signed by any club.

All I can say is Angus Eve is trying hard to impress (NE Stars) and he is making it difficult for the players.

They are both close- but nothing official...

Stay Tuned.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 10:39:19 PM »
Dont want to get into the details, but both Jayson Joseph and Sheldon Bateau was not signed by any club.

All I can say is Angus Eve is trying hard to impress (NE Stars) and he is making it difficult for the players.

They are both close- but nothing official...

Stay Tuned.

Like I have 2 ask2 c a copy of d sign contract b4 I get excited.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:42:10 AM by Flex »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2012, 01:32:12 PM »
So wait nah..........first we had to deal with "wrong info" concerning friendly matches for our senior squad, and now the "wrong info" disease spread to players and their transfers?

steups

Just when i thought it couldnt get any worse.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2012, 01:51:30 PM »
Angus Eve is a real fool in true.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2012, 02:41:47 PM »
So what's the status of th youth?

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2012, 06:31:38 AM »
Flex man, the player was bought out for 9,000 or 10,000 US dollars (something so). Now the player is a free agent.

I spoke to Eve on Friday, and really, Angus Eve is really big headed, I refuse to comment further. He is trying to do what Sancho and others couldn't at North East Stars, a PNM club that is run just like their party.

He wants to come off like the hero here, but he had no choice in the matter.
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 04:57:42 PM »
Since I see Eve coundn't 'coach' this same Bateau not to constantly boom-kick the ball away in dat U-23 tournament, I know he-Eve-is ah damn clown!!!

So I really hope Bateau really  get a Dutch contract for somebody with a clue to teach him some fundamentals for his and we own good.

The clownishness just never ends.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline StarKid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 12:46:14 PM »
@ Fyzoman. come on bateau was only listen to advice of Angus, to kick the ball long. As a player team first and u must listen to coach and play to coaches style of play. even if the public hates the style. the game has change coaches looking for results and will do what ever it takes even if its  a counter attacking style, which was working for them untill latter stages. So dont be vex it bateau ok.
hopes he gets the contract cause thats more important than the small talk!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sheldon Bateau: T&T in Mechelen
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 04:30:12 PM »
Sheldon Bateau: T&T in Mechelen
By Sven Saerens and Bart Perdieus (supo.be)

Sheldon Bateau travelled from Trinidad & Tobago to Belgium, only to play football. He hopes to build a future here.

21 years old and leaving everything behind in Trinidad and Tobago to achieve your goal, becoming a successful professional football player. That is what Sheldon Bateau, defender of YR KV Mechelen, did. ‘Choosing for KV Mechelen was destiny’, says the youngster.

Ever since he was a young boy, Bateau dreamt of being a professional football player. In the summer of 2012 he enjoyed far-reaching interest of the Dutch high-flying teams Ajax Amsterdam, Vitesse, Roda JC and FC Twente. Bateau decided to sign a contract with the mid-table tradition football club YR KV Mechelen because he wanted to play instead of aborting on the bench. With many defenders in the injury basket, coach Harm Van Veldhoven and his club decided to give central defender Bateau a chance with a one-year contract. So far the young lad appeared in no less than twelve games. ‘I am very happy with the playing opportunities I get’, states Bateau. ‘When you are a young player, you usually sit on the bench. With the injuries we encountered, I have kept on training so the coach had no choice but to put me on the game sheet.’

To come to Europe was not self-evident. ‘I had nothing’, says Bateau. ‘My Dutch agent brought me to Europe and I had no club. I worked at my own at a small park and I conserved my fitness level at a local amateur club in Holland.’

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Sheldon Bateau: T&T in Mechelen
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 09:49:56 PM »
who is his brother?
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »
who is his brother?

I think it's Sean Bateau.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2014, 09:14:13 AM »
WATCH Sheldon Bateau rescue a point for KV Mechelen by scoring a diving header in the 90th minute against Royal Mouscron-Péruwelz.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PAVRbBExDXc?start=81" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PAVRbBExDXc?start=81</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2014, 10:56:17 AM »
who is his brother?

I think it's Sean Bateau.

Yup. Last I heard he was playing in Asia - Stallions? Or did he leave there recently?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Bateau sees tough challenge from Panama on Friday.
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2015, 03:12:26 PM »
Bateau sees tough challenge from Panama on Friday.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Belgium-based defender Sheldon Bateau is expecting Friday’s International Friendly with Panama to be a gripping contest when both teams take the Ato Boldon Stadium pitch from 7pm.

Bateau who plays in the Belgium Premier Division with KV Mechelen is one of three European-based pros selected by head coach Stephen Hart for the contest with Racing Genk midfielder Khaleem Hyland and former England youth international and Millwall defender Justin Hoyte being the other two.

Bateau who lined up with San Juan Jabloteh in the T&T Pro League before moving to Mechelen in 2012, is applauding the move by Hart to include several of the T&T home-based pros in the team for Friday’s match.

“It’s a bold step but I think it’s the right thing at this stage as it will give him (Hart) a good idea of how these players are shaping up because we need a big pool to take us through to the World Cup qualifiers,” Bateau told TTFA Media.

“There is some experience in the squad but it’s also important that a lot of the players  who are a bit younger get that opportunity early to taste international football. We don’t have the luxury of playing a lot of international games so the coach has to take the chance to see these guys in an international game before he can know for sure who can really make it at that level of the Gold Cup and playing against the likes of a Mexico, USA or Costa Rica at the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers,”  the 24-year-old defender added.

Bateau has played ten matches for T&T at the senior level since making his debut against a star-studded Peru team at the Ato Boldon Stadium in February 2013. The likes of Bayern Munich striker Claudio Pizarro was in the Peru team that night and Bateau remembers it quite clearly.

“I remember it quite well. I had now settled in Belgium and here it was I was coming into the team to play Peru and joining the national team with players like Kenwyne Jones, Carlos Edwards and other senior players. Your senior debut is always a special experience and a very important game in your career. So for these young players coming into the team now it’s important that we help them along and create a good situation for them. They must also realize very early that this is a different level and they have to raise everything about themselves,” he added.

Bateau expects the game to be a difficult one for T&T.

“It’s going to be difficult but it’s the kind of game we want to play. Panama are a good team and this will show us where we are at now and the coach will know exactly what needs to be done between now and the Gold Cup in July and the World Cup qualifiers later this year,” he said.

Hart has included  ten uncapped home-based professionals in his final selection. Among them are National Under 20 captain Shannon Gomez and his teammates from the recent Under 20 team Neveal Hackshaw and Aikim Andrews.

Also earning their first call ups to the Senior Men’s Team are former Under 20 team defender Uriah Bentick of Central FC and W Connection’s Jomal Williams as well as Johan Peltier of San Juan Jabloteh.
 The other newcomers include Central FC’s Akeem Benjamin and Jamal Jack and  San Juan Jabloteh’s Tyone Charles and North East Stars’ Dwane James.

The two goalkeepers are regulars Jan Michael Williams and Marvin Phillip. Central FC forward Willis Plaza has earned a recall while his club teammate Ataullah Guerra has also been included.

Tickets for the T&T versus Panama encounter cost $100 and are available at Fan Club Movietowne (POS, Trincity Mall, Gulf City Mall), All Out Restaurant (QP Oval), Heritage Sports Tobago, Ramsingh's Sportsworld, Couva, Econo Supermart and Kenny's Sports Shops. Gates at the venue open at 4pm on Friday.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Bateau sees tough challenge from Panama on Friday.
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2015, 01:53:31 AM »
Bateau tells players to keep raising levels.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Belgium-based defender Sheldon Bateau received plaudits from national senior football coach Stephen Hart for his work rate and efforts in this country’s 1-0 defeat to Panama at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva on Friday.

Bateau spearheaded the T&T defence which was received a stern test from a strong Panamanian attacking force.

“He was quite good tonight (Friday). I was pleased with his work rate and the effort he put in all game,” Hart said.

Bateau is playing in the top flight of Belgium football with KV Mechelen and later encouraged his local-based teammates to put in more work if they want to maintain their stay at the senior international level.

“You’ve got to do more than you usually do on and off the field,” he said.

“When I got on to the national team, my life changed and when I got into Europe, it changed again. It’s a totally different level you have to do things differently if you want to stay here and keep improving.

Train more, listen more and focus on becoming better in each session and every game. You will have rough patches but that’s all part of it.

Now that some of the new players have gotten their chance with the national team, it’s time to raise their levels and keep on striving.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Football’s Future: Sheldon Bateau
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2015, 02:26:43 AM »
Bateau honoured to be mentioned among former T&T stars.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

When Sheldon Bateau scored the opening goal in the recent 2-0 victory over Cuba in Phoenix, he became the third player to score in successive matches for this country at the Concacaf Gold Cup. Not since Arnold Dwarika scored in a 4-2 victory over Guatemala and then in a 2-1 win over Costa Rica at the 2000 tournament, had any T&T player achieved that mark.

Prior to that, Jerren Nixon did it in 1998 while Dwarika also netted a double in a 3-2 loss to United States while Russell Latapy almost turned a game around on his own with a second half double in a 3-2 loss to El Salvador in the 1996 edition.

"To be mentioned with names like those guys is a true honour. They were great players in the past for us on this stage and now I'm happy to be able to play my part. I didn't go into the games looking to score goals but only to do my best for the team. Thankfully it meant scoring two important goals and getting the team off to the best start possible for us," said the 24-year-old KV Mechelen player.

"I know I asked for the people to have patience with this team heading into the tournament. The journey isn't over and we haven't achieved anything major as yet. We still have to get to the semi finals and go on from there plus we have the World Cup qualifiers coming up in November. We are showing that we can perform well and get results in tough situations.

"Hopefully now we can get consistent support and we can continue growing as a football team and a football country."

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2015, 06:22:36 AM »
Gilbert Bateau- FATHER OF THE YEAR. Thank you Dad for instilling much needed discipline in your Son. I like the running around the Savannah and the Hill run as a means to being fully conditioned outside of the regular drill.  Good role model for the upcoming youths.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2015, 05:47:09 AM »
Bateau deemed unprofessional for requesting extra time off after Gold Cup. He could be on his way out of KV Mechelen if an acceptable offer is made.
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20150727_01794252

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2015, 05:56:30 AM »
Bateau deemed unprofessional for requesting extra time off after Gold Cup. He could be on his way out of KV Mechelen if an acceptable offer is made.

Them clubs doh play.

Hope Bateau apologises and beg for forgiveness.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2015, 06:02:36 AM »
Sheldon, I know it looks scary but hold yuh head up in stoic fashion. The club trying to mannerz yuh and manipulatively put fear in yuh heart , as instead of being happy fuh yuh, dey vex dat you increased your value in the international shop window. So press on and let your agents work their magic for plan B, C, D & E.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2015, 08:16:10 AM »

Them clubs doh play.

he needs to learn to be a professional
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2015, 08:24:18 AM »

It has been brought to our attention that the previously posted article from nieuwsblad.be concerning Sheldon Bateau’s relationship with his club KV Mechelen contains a number of untruths. The club is now in contact with the newspaper.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2015, 08:28:23 AM »

Them clubs doh play.

Maybe we should hear both sides of the story.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2015, 09:11:06 AM »

It has been brought to our attention that the previously posted article from nieuwsblad.be concerning Sheldon Bateau’s relationship with his club KV Mechelen contains a number of untruths. The club is now in contact with the newspaper.

Papers telling lies?!!  What a shocker :rotfl:

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2015, 11:02:38 AM »

Them clubs doh play.

Maybe we should hear both sides of the story.

Always . . .As a rule of wisdom  and fairness.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2015, 11:39:53 AM »
Lionel Messi and Neymar to miss Barcelona's United States tour

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11833/9916792/lionel-messi-and-neymar-to-miss-barcelonas-united-states-tour

Lionel Messi and Neymar have been left out of Barcelona's squad for the club’s three-match tour of the United States.

Argentina international Messi and Brazil striker Neymar have both been omitted after playing for their countries in the Copa America.

Several other internationals who played in the tournament have also been excused from the US tour, including goalkeeper Claudio Bravo, midfielder Javier Mascherano and full-back Dani Alves.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2015, 12:04:37 PM »
This is not a good sign maybe because the last he left for international duty he couldn’t make it back in time because of visa issues however this was a long tournament and you could see some players need a rest period
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS of Sheldon Bateau
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2015, 03:02:44 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_EUU_r3usNM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_EUU_r3usNM</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2015, 05:02:25 PM »
RUMOUR: Defender Sheldon Bateau is being pursued by Russian Premier League club, FC Krylia Sovetov Samara. Samara’s coach, Franky Vercauteren, was Bateau’s former manager at KV Mechelen.
http://www.voetbalbelgie.be/nl/article.php?id=98935

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2015, 06:10:15 PM »
RUMOUR: Defender Sheldon Bateau is being pursued by Russian Premier League club, FC Krylia Sovetov Samara. Samara’s coach, Franky Vercauteren, was Bateau’s former manager at KV Mechelen.
http://www.voetbalbelgie.be/nl/article.php?id=98935

he should keep away
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>