March 28, 2024, 05:29:05 PM

Author Topic: Sheldon Bateau Thread  (Read 49475 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Football’s Future: Sheldon Bateau
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2015, 11:00:53 AM »
WATCH: Sheldon Bateau talks about making his debut for FC Krylia Sovetov Samara against Zenit St. Petersburg
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PzBEWRghYCo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PzBEWRghYCo</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bateau speaks of extra commitment from Soca Warriors
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2015, 12:48:15 PM »
Bateau speaks of extra commitment from Soca Warriors
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA)

“Sometimes we go all out and we put everything into our efforts on the field not considering the risks involved with injuries and jeopardising our personal health.”

Those were the words from national senior defender Sheldon Bateau as he spoke about the recent injury to team captain Kenwyne Jones which was sustained in the recent friendly with Nicaragua. Jones has since been sidelined for two weeks but has began running again this week at Cardiff City club.

Bateau said it was now customary for the “Soca Warriors” to be all in when it comes to playing for the country and going above and beyond the call of duty when they take the field of play.

“Most people might question why Kenwyne went into that tackle and may say he should have been smarter about it. That’s where our passion and dedication comes in because sometimes we make decisions or go into tackles that could end up jeopardising our individual health,” Bateau said.

“Injury is not something that is on a player’s mind because you want to give 100 percent and more especially if we are representing our country. We are not making excuses or trying to get pity because it’s what we signed up for as footballers.

“I’d like to say that we are fully committed to the cause and whatever it takes from us as players to get right results going forward in this World Cup qualifying bid.

“I think every player puts on the national shirt with pride every single time and it’s sweat, tears and bleeding red,white and black,” said the Russian-based professional.

Bateau will join his teammates next week for a training camp leading up to the November 13 World Cup qualifier away to Guatemala before returning home to face the United States on November 17 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port-of-Spain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bateau speaks of extra commitment from Soca Warriors
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2015, 02:18:13 PM »
Well said Bateau, you know if he didn't go into the challenge people will say he too lazy and don't give effort for the NT, etc.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2015, 03:59:13 PM »
Spoken like a true warrior! This guy is very professional! Keep it up
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2015, 07:31:49 AM »
Spoken like a true warrior! This guy is very professional! Keep it up

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2015, 09:03:50 AM »
All heart and soul. Former captain at U-20 level. Ent.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2016, 02:34:50 AM »
What’s in Sheldon’s Head.
TTFA MEDIA.

With the resumption of World Cup qualifying quickly approaching, We sat down with Russian-based defender Sheldon Bateau to find out what his thoughts are on the qualifiers, Russia, Trinidad and Tobago in Russia and the upcoming “Warriors” talent.

TTFA Media: What’s in your head at the moment as we look ahead to the two upcoming World Cup qualifiers with St Vincent and the Grenadines?

SB: At the moment I must say that I’m pretty much excited and motivated to continue the good job with the team that we’ve done thus far in the campaign

TTFA Media: What are your feelings on coming back into the team after missing out on the Copa America playoff with Haiti in January?

SB: Missing out on game against Haiti was a bit heart wrenching, knowing that I couldn’t be there to fight with the boys and also the fact that I know if we had performed the way we could we would surely be in the Copa right now (but that’s in the past and I hope we can move on as a group and a country and continue doing well on the road to Russia.

TTFA Media: What are do you think are the key factors that have made this team into a close-knit unit?

SB: I think the main strength of the team that creates the tight bond we have is firstly the mixture we have of youth and experienced players, and also our experienced players can relate to the younger players so there’s no gap in communication which helps to keep a certain level of humbleness and maturity within the group. Secondly I think we’re all on the same page when it comes to wanting to change football in Trinidad and Tobago and take the team and country back to the level we’re suppose to be on.

TTFA Media: What are your feelings on the return of Kevin Molino and Hughtun Hector?

SB: I’m actually elated to see Kevin and Hector back on the pitch again, it’s no secret that they are both quality players and can add the finishing touch to the team.

TTFA Media: As one of the players who came out of the T&T Pro League, what are your thoughts on some of the players from the league who recently got an opportunity to play for the National Team and are now in the World Cup squad?

SB: I think this is a great opportunity for the local players and I think this is something that should be done more often like the coach wants because it’s normal in other countries to have a local squad active while the overseas players are unavailable but I urge them to embrace the opportunity and make the most of it because whether local or foreign as long as you can add something to the team you’ll be involved more often if not immediately but this is also a good chance for the coach to increase his players pool and have more options going forward.

To me it doesn’t matter the opponent nor the title of the match but it’s a matter of setting the tone and sending the message for years to come that it’s a new generation and we’re here to dominate as Trinidad and Tobago and not Trinidad and Tobago locals or foreigners for that matter. Results don’t matter in matches like that one against Grenada but what matters most is doing the things they need to do individually and collectively to get a positive result.

TTFA Media: What is the atmosphere like in Russia as it relates to the World Cup in 2018

SB: Currently there’s a lot of construction going with all the new stadiums and making things and life more attractive and presentable but I think for now this is still calm but for sure it’s going to increase by the end of this year because already some people are anticipating the first kickoff.

TTFA Media: What about that, the scenes in Russia, gives you an added buzz about your home country having a presence there, the Team and the People of T&T?

SB: I think to bring my country to play in the World Cup in Russia would be a dream come true because sometimes they ask where is Trinidad and Tobago and what’s it like there and most times I need to show some videos on YouTube (laughs) but it’s really difficult to explain because here they don’t know what ‘real vibes’ and ‘carnival atmosphere’ is like. So for me it would be a pleasure to bring it to them live and direct and probably open the door for other players to come to Russia.

0:03 / 0:29 - Goal TRI - No.4 Sheldon BATEAU - TRI 1-0 GUA #GoldCup2015 #CopaOro2015

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:39:04 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Sheldon Bateau Thread
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2016, 02:37:49 AM »
Bateau: Team play was the Pivotal.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Defender Sheldon Bateau was all to happy to step in and deliver in attack in order to push Trinidad and Tobago ahead and set the pace for the 6-0 victory over St Vincent and the Grenadines on Tuesday night at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The goal was Bateau’s first on home soil for T&T and the third of his career following his two goals at the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup. Before his acrobatic finish. He has played 22 games for T&T.

T&T had been finding it hard to push themselves ahead with Kevin Molino, Kenwyne Jones and Khaleem Hyland going close as the visitors were contented to keeping the score deadlocked for as long as possible.

“I couldn’t ask for a better stage and platform in which to score my first international goal at home,” Bateau said. “I felt the goal came at a good time because we need to break the tie at that point because as you know in football, if you dominate but don’t take your chances, the game can change at any moment and the pressure was on us to surge ahead,” added the former San Juan Jabloteh player.

“The play that led to the goal itself was outstanding. I saw the opportunity to go at them and once I got it wide for Joevin I knew something would happen and I was all too happy to run in and finish on the rebound.

“The forwards weren’t getting it right up to that point but I wasn’t going to sit back and blame the strikers but I think it’s a responsibility that all of us on the team embrace when it comes to doing whatever it takes to get results. It shows how far I am willing to go in order to get to Russia in 2018. As a team, we go to all lengths and die for each other out there,” Bateau said.

He and his “Red Army” will need to maintain this attitude for what is expected to be a rigorous campaign up ahead starting with the next home game against Guatemala on September 2nd where T&T needs at least a point to secure its spot in the final round, T&T will close off the semi final phase against the United States in Jacksonville, Florida on September 6th.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2016, 08:30:34 AM »
Bateau: Team play was the Pivotal.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Defender Sheldon Bateau was all to happy to step in and deliver in attack in order to push Trinidad and Tobago ahead and set the pace for the 6-0 victory over St Vincent and the Grenadines on Tuesday night at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The goal was Bateau’s first on home soil for T&T and the third of his career following his two goals at the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup. Before his acrobatic finish. He has played 22 games for T&T.

T&T had been finding it hard to push themselves ahead with Kevin Molino, Kenwyne Jones and Khaleem Hyland going close as the visitors were contented to keeping the score deadlocked for as long as possible.

“I couldn’t ask for a better stage and platform in which to score my first international goal at home,” Bateau said. “I felt the goal came at a good time because we need to break the tie at that point because as you know in football, if you dominate but don’t take your chances, the game can change at any moment and the pressure was on us to surge ahead,” added the former San Juan Jabloteh player.

“The play that led to the goal itself was outstanding. I saw the opportunity to go at them and once I got it wide for Joevin I knew something would happen and I was all too happy to run in and finish on the rebound.

“The forwards weren’t getting it right up to that point but I wasn’t going to sit back and blame the strikers but I think it’s a responsibility that all of us on the team embrace when it comes to doing whatever it takes to get results. It shows how far I am willing to go in order to get to Russia in 2018. As a team, we go to all lengths and die for each other out there,” Bateau said.

He and his “Red Army” will need to maintain this attitude for what is expected to be a rigorous campaign up ahead starting with the next home game against Guatemala on September 2nd where T&T needs at least a point to secure its spot in the final round, T&T will close off the semi final phase against the United States in Jacksonville, Florida on September 6th.

************************************************************************************
He and his “Red Army” will need to maintain this attitude for what is expected to be a rigorous campaign up ahead starting with the next home game against Guatemala......

I have been seeing this name tossed around recently. Did I miss some formal announcement on rebranding of the team name? Is Soca Warriors  a thing of the past?

The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2016, 09:03:57 AM »
Is some supporters who started to say Steven Hart Red Army and I guess the players buy into it. They probably want their own brand but it will not be original as the US supporters are Uncle Sam army. FIFA has us listed as the soca warriors.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2016, 09:06:31 AM »
Not as far as I know, red army seems more like an extension of the warrior brand, to play off harts good work thus..........I think for a lot of supporters, hart and team is now packaged deal, support wise......for now at least z
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2016, 09:41:22 AM »
Not as far as I know, red army seems more like an extension of the warrior brand, to play off harts good work thus..........I think for a lot of supporters, hart and team is now packaged deal, support wise......for now at least z

:beermug:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2016, 02:18:27 PM »
individual socawarriors, together make up the Red Army, I guess..or Red Tribe or whatever..long as they knock the ball properly, win or lose, they will be our Champion..Champion...Champion..Bateau is a ....oops...a lil borrow dey too   lol

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2016, 03:02:11 PM »
Gotta love Bateau's heart & soul commitment. I think he is my next Captain.

Solid in defence. Rounded in skill. Balanced minded. Great attitude.

May his tribe increse
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2016, 04:14:40 PM »
Gotta love Bateau's heart & soul commitment. I think he is my next Captain.

Solid in defence. Rounded in skill. Balanced minded. Great attitude.

May his tribe increse

good to have a genuine goal threat in defense too
I pity the fool....

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2016, 04:46:14 PM »
GOP and I had temporarily hijack the Bostoc thread talking about how SB is our Pique, all the best warrior  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2016, 06:33:15 PM »
GOP and I had temporarily hijack the Bostoc thread talking about how SB is our Pique, all the best warrior  :beermug:

SB is probably the most consistent performer on the team. You can always count on him to do well for the team. A CB who scores goals is a huge asset to any team.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2016, 08:13:25 AM »
Has been transfer listed by KV Mechelen. Has interest from a Ligue 2 team, Houston Dynamo, and Westerlo (Hyland's team).

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2016, 08:29:33 AM »
keep away from the mls please !!!!!!!!!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2016, 08:37:00 AM »
keep away from the mls please !!!!!!!!!!!

Fuh real.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2016, 09:14:27 AM »
Ligue 2 would be good
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2016, 10:00:04 AM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2016, 04:25:05 PM »
TRANSFER RUMOUR: Sheldon Bateau linked with Turkish First League Club, Göztepe SK. During this off-season he has also been linked with moves to KVC Westerlo (Belgium), Houston Dynamo (USA), and an unnamed French Ligue 2 outfit.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2016, 05:21:51 PM »
No PL interest!?? This guy is such a talent, he works hard and is super committed, has a great eye for the game, and I can't recal a time he has performed poorly!

I wonder why, man like him, Molino, and joevin not in the PL!? Scouts probably don't even look at MLS players? Anybody know of any MLS players that went to England? I know they retire in the MLS...but what about versa vice

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2016, 07:27:25 PM »
Anybody know of any MLS players that went to England? I know they retire in the MLS...but what about versa vice

Of course. Here are some: Tim Howard, Clint Dempsey, Kei Kamara, Landon Donovan, Tim Ream, Geoff Cameron, Roger Espinoza, Brek Shea, Juan Agudelo, DeAndre Yedlin, and Matt Miazga. You could even make a special mention of Defoe.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2016, 07:34:19 PM »
No PL interest!?? This guy is such a talent, he works hard and is super committed, has a great eye for the game, and I can't recal a time he has performed poorly!

I wonder why, man like him, Molino, and joevin not in the PL!? Scouts probably don't even look at MLS players? Anybody know of any MLS players that went to England? I know they retire in the MLS...but what about versa vice

Has more to do with work permits and visas. For them to get a work permit, TT must be in top 50 FIFA ranking for two years.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2016, 10:58:39 PM »

Has more to do with work permits and visas. For them to get a work permit, TT must be in top 50 FIFA ranking for two years.

Doesn't help these guys case with those leagues when we playing with local based players and collecting 3 on a regular.

But....is fuh de best so de coach could get more depth fuh WCQ....ent?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2016, 07:22:35 AM »

I guess it's top 70, not 50. And T&T is 64 right now.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2016, 07:31:29 AM »
Idkkkkk if it's really a ranking and visa thing...if that's what it is, ok yes let say that's what it is, but what about other top football leagues, for instance look at Levi in the erevidise league! Idkkkkk man...I think it's poor management!

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2016, 08:06:10 AM »
Has Sheldon been playing, and starting regularly in the Russian premier league?

1]; } ?>