March 28, 2024, 04:40:55 PM

Author Topic: Sheldon Bateau Thread  (Read 49474 times)

Offline pops

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sheldon Bateau Thread
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2017, 04:56:09 PM »
Isnt it better to play in MLS than Kazikhstan? Very confused about this move

And by the way ...

http://iffhs.de/strongest-national-league-world-2016-spain-since-2010/

Kazakhstan #47
USA #59

ahahahhahah what kinda piss poor list is this. I stop reading it as soon as I see Colombian league above, EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, Portuguese and French League. Fact is MLS is for sure a stronger league than Kazakhstan league that is not even debatable to me. No player from that league you know about has any career of note. While several MLS players have gone on to play in Europe top leagues.  1/3 of the teams in Kazakstan holding numbers like 4000, 6000, 8000 at capacity while all MLS teams double that by both capacity and attendance. The exposure in MLS is also way more. The move is an interesting one but he is going to one of that country's top teams and winning games on a regular would be important for his development. But saying that league is better than MLS makes zero sense especially based off of that dustbin list lol.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2017, 08:37:53 PM »

And by the way ...

Kazakhstan #47
USA #59

ahahahhahah what kinda piss poor list is this. I stop reading it as soon as I see Colombian league above, EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, Portuguese and French League. Fact is MLS is for sure a stronger league than Kazakhstan league that is not even debatable to me. No player from that league you know about has any career of note. While several MLS players have gone on to play in Europe top leagues.  1/3 of the teams in Kazakstan holding numbers like 4000, 6000, 8000 at capacity while all MLS teams double that by both capacity and attendance. The exposure in MLS is also way more. The move is an interesting one but he is going to one of that country's top teams and winning games on a regular would be important for his development. But saying that league is better than MLS makes zero sense especially based off of that dustbin list lol.

Factors you are not considering.

Offline pops

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2017, 04:46:03 AM »

And by the way ...

Kazakhstan #47
USA #59

Like ?? What are these factors? Please do tell me a player to come from this league? Sheldon is not the first Trinidadian to go out there. Primus played about 4-5 years out there with another of Kazakhstan top teams and what came of that? Would you say Colombia's league is above the Premier League according to the bogus list you have posted? There is far more evidence suggesting MLS is a superior league.

NB- I am not saying this is bad move for Sheldon

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2017, 08:00:38 AM »

And by the way ...

Kazakhstan #47
USA #59

Would you say Colombia's league is above the Premier League according to the bogus list you have posted?
You caught up in the top 4 or 5 teams, when the rest of the league is a setta Burnleys and West Broms. Huddlesfield in dey now too. I doh follow Colombian football to know what the average quality is across the board. Even if their highs not as high.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2017, 10:08:29 AM »

And by the way ...

Kazakhstan #47
USA #59

Like ?? What are these factors? Please do tell me a player to come from this league? Sheldon is not the first Trinidadian to go out there. Primus played about 4-5 years out there with another of Kazakhstan top teams and what came of that? Would you say Colombia's league is above the Premier League according to the bogus list you have posted? There is far more evidence suggesting MLS is a superior league.

We agree on it's not a bad move for Bateau.

With respect to the other questions, let's start with the most relevant question.

For the 7th time in raw (sic), the Spanish LA LIGA is the Strongest League in the World for 2016. With Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, FC Sevilla and Atletico de Madrid, the Spanish clubs are on the Top in all continental competitions.

The Colombian PRIMERA A is the big surprise of the ranking with the second place (21th in 2012 and 9th in 2014). The results of Altlético Nacional (number 1 in the World) have a great contribution for this ranking, the Colombian League is so also the number 1 in South America before the Argentina PRIMERA DIVISION. The French LIGUE 1 has a big progression (7th in 2014 and 5th in 2015) with a third place before the German BUNDESLIGA.

The italian SERIE A has the worst ranking since 1991 (8th place) because of no qualification for the quarter finals of the European competitions. The English PREMIER LEAGUE wins a place (7th in 2015, 6th in 2016) and the turkish SÜPER LIG is again in the TOP 10 for the first time since 2009.

In CONCACAF zona, the Mexican LIGA MX is again number 1  before the Costa Rica’s PRIMERA DIVISION and the USA MLS.

In Africa, the tunisian LIGUE 1 is the best league since 2013 before the Egyptian PREMIER LEAGUE and the Maroc BOTOLA.

In Asia, the Republic of Korea K LEAGUE CLASSIC is the best league since 2011 before the Saudi Arabia PRO LEAGUE (second in Asia for the 4th time in raw) and the China CSL, who has a great progression (70th in 2012 , 56th in 2014).

In Oceania, after the change of Australia to AFC, the SUPER LIGUE of Nouvelle Calédonie is for the first time Number 1 before the New Zealand PREMIERSHIP.

TOP 20 : UEFA (14), CONMEBOL (4), AFC (1), CONCACAF (1)

TOP 50 : UEFA (30), CONMEBOL (9), AFC (5), CAF (5), CONCACAF (1)

Let's start there.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2017, 10:24:12 AM »
Anyone disagree with the ranking within CONCACAF?

1. Mexico
2. Costa Rica
3. USA

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2017, 08:19:16 PM »

1. Mexico
2. Costa Rica
3. USA

Yes, MLS is more competitive than Costa Rica Primera. If you take Saprissa, Herediano, and Alajuelense they would not be more than playoffs contenders in MLS. You simply can't discount players like Giovinco who have never been seen in Costa Rica. All top CR players leave to Europe or MLS.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 01, 2017, 08:20:30 PM »
I would also be inclined to say Ascenso MX is third before Costa Rica Primera.

Offline pops

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2017, 05:32:56 AM »

And by the way ...

Kazakhstan #47
USA #59

We agree on it's not a bad move for Bateau.

With respect to the other questions, let's start with the most relevant question.

For the 7th time in raw (sic), the Spanish LA LIGA is the Strongest League in the World for 2016. With Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, FC Sevilla and Atletico de Madrid, the Spanish clubs are on the Top in all continental competitions.

The Colombian PRIMERA A is the big surprise of the ranking with the second place (21th in 2012 and 9th in 2014). The results of Altlético Nacional (number 1 in the World) have a great contribution for this ranking, the Colombian League is so also the number 1 in South America before the Argentina PRIMERA DIVISION. The French LIGUE 1 has a big progression (7th in 2014 and 5th in 2015) with a third place before the German BUNDESLIGA.

The italian SERIE A has the worst ranking since 1991 (8th place) because of no qualification for the quarter finals of the European competitions. The English PREMIER LEAGUE wins a place (7th in 2015, 6th in 2016) and the turkish SÜPER LIG is again in the TOP 10 for the first time since 2009.

In CONCACAF zona, the Mexican LIGA MX is again number 1  before the Costa Rica’s PRIMERA DIVISION and the USA MLS.

In Africa, the tunisian LIGUE 1 is the best league since 2013 before the Egyptian PREMIER LEAGUE and the Maroc BOTOLA.

In Asia, the Republic of Korea K LEAGUE CLASSIC is the best league since 2011 before the Saudi Arabia PRO LEAGUE (second in Asia for the 4th time in raw) and the China CSL, who has a great progression (70th in 2012 , 56th in 2014).

In Oceania, after the change of Australia to AFC, the SUPER LIGUE of Nouvelle Calédonie is for the first time Number 1 before the New Zealand PREMIERSHIP.

TOP 20 : UEFA (14), CONMEBOL (4), AFC (1), CONCACAF (1)

TOP 50 : UEFA (30), CONMEBOL (9), AFC (5), CAF (5), CONCACAF (1)

Let's start there.

I don't know what you mean by let's start here. I read all that before, I am just saying that list is horrible. There are many other lists on the internet that would not have Colombia's league ahead of Serie A, Bundesliga or the Premier League and quite frankly its not even the best in South America, I mean a Colombian team won Copa Libertatores 2 or 3 times max. You just used this bogus list because it has Kaz league above the MLS. We don't need a list at all. Just look at the facts bruv, the majority of players in the Kaz are from Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan has never once qualified for a Euros or a World Cup they are constantly ranked in the 100s, zero of their players play in any of the top leagues and you can't tell me one player to be produced from that league. MLS has produced many a player to play in Europe top leagues and many internationals currently play there, there is no doubt MLS is a stronger league, the only thing you have in support of that is a bogus list. I don't know why you don't like the MLS and fail to give it's fair rating. 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2017, 06:00:26 AM »

1. Mexico
2. Costa Rica
3. USA

Yes, MLS is more competitive than Costa Rica Primera. If you take Saprissa, Herediano, and Alajuelense they would not be more than playoffs contenders in MLS. You simply can't discount players like Giovinco who have never been seen in Costa Rica. All top CR players leave to Europe or MLS.

Is that a subjective view? How does one gauge "more competitive"?

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2017, 08:21:38 PM »

1. Mexico
2. Costa Rica
3. USA

it's not subjective. half of the teams in costa rica pay $1,500-$2,000/month.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2017, 08:47:12 PM »

1. Mexico
2. Costa Rica
3. USA

it's not subjective. half of the teams in costa rica pay $1,500-$2,000/month.

This exemplifies what's been going on in recent posts. We are not all on the same page. Not all using denominators in common.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2018, 05:44:39 AM »
‘We’ve reached our limit’ says Bateau.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

Unpaid footballers fed up of TTFA’s false promises –

NATIONAL men’s football team defender Sheldon Bateau has called on David John-Williams, president of the TT Football Association (TTFA) to keep his promise and pay the outstanding fees to the T&T players, who have been owed match fees since the October 10, 2017 World Cup qualifier against the US.

Within that period, the men’s team, coached by Dennis Lawrence, have played eight friendly games, winning twice, drawing three and losing the other three.

The TTFA’s focus during the past year has been the much-publicised Home of Football project, at Balmain, Couva.

However, a number of people, and groups, within the football fraternity have openly complained of non-payment of salaries, absence of funding and a lack of respect by the local governing body.

Last week, the T&T futsal team earned a ruling in the High Court over the non-payment of salaries, while Stephen Hart, Carolina Morace (both ex-T&T coaches), Anton Corneal and Sheldon Walkes (present and past technical directors) also have legal matters with the TTFA.

Members of the T&T women team bemoaned the treatment they received during the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup qualifiers, and national youth team coach Russell Latapy recently spoke about his inability to get his outstanding dues from the TTFA.

Bateau, who plays for Krylia Sovetov Samara in Russia, admitted in an interview yesterday that the T&T players feel that their repeated queries over the payment of their fees (US$300 per match) are falling on deaf ears.

“We (men players) know for sure that they have financial problems,” said the T&T central defender. “One of the main problems is that we’re playing friendly games and (the TTFA) is collecting monies for these games. The money is going elsewhere besides dealing with the players who are playing in these games.

“... you can’t have players playing for (US) $300 and waiting a year to get it. For me that’s wrong.”

Bateau warned that the players can go on strike if their demands are not met by the TTFA and their president John-Williams.

“We, as players, always want to find the best solution,” he said. “(We) are willing to sit and talk. But when you try to reach out to him, sometimes he’s not willing to talk, he would send a response with someone else. Once in a blue moon we’ll get him to come face-to-face and talk.

“(On Tuesday) he offered to pay for two games but, two weeks ago, you spoke to us (Bateau, Marvin Phillip and captain Khaleem Hyland) and you gave us your word. So clearly, his words don’t mean anything. And that’s the games he’s playing with us over and over.”

Bateau pointed out, “For us now, it’s a matter of either you pay or we don’t play.”

With the advent of social media, matters concerning the national team are trending rapidly across the globe.

While Bateau is worried about the image the TTFA will now have, he hopes that the administrative body will see this as an opportunity to mend fences.

“It will definitely damage the image but, for us as players, I think it’s important that the world and the public knows what we’re dealing with,” Bateau said. “At the end of the day, (after) 90 minutes, we’re still being judged as the perfect team because we hide a lot of things.”

He added, “Now we’ve reached the limit. We accepted to play for (US) $300, which the president went out and said. It’s not something we’re proud of but we’re representing the national team and our country. At the end of the day, it’s about the respect.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2019, 03:57:39 PM »
Defender Sheldon Bateau has joined Norwegian Eliteserien club, Sarpsborg 08

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2019, 07:35:43 PM »
Like Bateau brace from ah Saudi Arabia.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2019, 09:18:51 AM »
Saudi Arabian league is to put food on the table. No way is that for improvement and attempting to play at the highest level.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2019, 06:35:07 PM »
WATCH: Defender Sheldon Bateau scores his first goal for Sarpsborg 08 FF in a 2-1 loss to Brann

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XfyywrXbjpI?start=535" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XfyywrXbjpI?start=535</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 18, 2019, 12:44:46 PM »
Very good!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 18, 2019, 03:14:33 PM »
:applause:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 18, 2019, 03:33:06 PM »
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #171 on: July 18, 2019, 10:15:02 PM »
Bateau returns to Belgium on three-year deal with Mechelen.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago defender Sheldon Bateau has signed a three-year deal with Belgium top flight club KV Mechelen and will return to the club which he first joined in Europe in 2012.

Bateau missed the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup due to club commitments with current Norwegian club Sarpsborg 08 and is relieved to have secured the new deal with his former employees.

“I have one game left so I am still focused on that at the moment along with the birth of my son and the transfer, I haven’t had enough time to really take it all in but I’m happy to be back in one of the top leagues in Europe and more importantly I’m delighted to be back home in Mechelen,” Bateau told TTFA Media on Thursday.

“It was my first club in Europe and they’ve made a lot of improvements since I left including the upgrading of the stadium. I’m really looking forward to rejoining the club and playing in the Belgian league again.”

“At 28 I needed stability and I’ve found that which is really pleasing at this stage of my career.”

The former San Juan Jabloteh player also had interest from clubs in Poland, Belgium, Cyprus, Israel and Greece. “I felt like Mechelen was the best move at this time,” Bateau concluded.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2019, 07:35:12 AM »
Congrats!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2020, 01:15:15 PM »
is he active with his club ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2020, 01:46:13 PM »
Not played, only made the bench this season

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2020, 01:48:32 PM »

wow a key player for us and he is not playing
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2020, 03:34:25 PM »
It is competitive football. Here's a club that Man City signed their RB. Being in and around the mix counts for something. His "stability" comment might suggest that he went into this head first knowing that the opportunity to play was going to be occasional at best. At worst that would be a sensible decision.

Although the club has had several players who have tested positive for the virus from week to week, he seems to have avoided that fate. That counts for something in terms of the future based on everything that medical science is suggesting regarding impacts post-recovery.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2020, 03:39:48 PM »
Saudi Arabian league is to put food on the table. No way is that for improvement and attempting to play at the highest level.

Send a memo to Molino. He might already have one from Hyland.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 17, 2020, 05:23:39 PM »

He came on as a substitute in the 70th minute today in a 3-0 loss to Club Brugge.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2020, 11:38:04 AM »
Stability is important- there's more to life than football and if he's thinking of settling down or has a family/friend group he doesn't want to disrupt there are many worse things than sitting on the bench most of the time for a steady wage

1]; } ?>