April 19, 2024, 03:15:56 AM

Author Topic: U-17s go under to Barbados  (Read 4216 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-17s go under to Barbados
« on: February 07, 2011, 07:15:45 PM »
U-17s go under to Barbados.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).   

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 17 footballers went under to Barbados’ U-17s 2-1 in a friendly at the National Stadium in Bridgetown on Sunday evening as they continue their build up to the CONCACAF Final round of qualification in Jamaica later this month.

T&T, after defeating their Under 20 counterparts 3-1 on Friday at the Marvin Lee Stadium, went into the match without five of their regular starters which was a decision taken by head coach Shawn Cooper.
Cooper indicated that defensive lapses caused Barbados to go ahead on the half hour. T&T maintained the better of the possession for most of the match and when Shackeil Henry was introduced after half time in place of US-based player Isaiah Noreiga.

Kiel Pierre grabbed the equalizer for T&T with header on the far post in the 51st minute and T&T began to have a better go at their opponents but another lapse by the T&T defense allowed Barbados to grab a winner. T&T forward Garvin Samaroo lobbed his effort over bar from close to the six-yard box in the final minute.

“I’m not overly concerned about the result,” Cooper told TTFF Media. “We didn’t show too much but at the same time no team prefers to lose a win. I thought it also would bring the boys back down to ground after their win over the Under 20s on Friday. We’ll be back on the training pitch on Tuesday. I wanted to have a look at a few of the players who haven’t been playing too much and I was able to get that out of this particular match. The spirit is still pretty good in the camp and it’s a matter of focusing entirely on our next assignment against Jamaica which is of more importance now than any other match itself,” Cooper added.

Meantime, T&T’s opponent in the first qualifying match on February 15, Jamaica, came away 3-2 winners over Haiti in a friendly in Portmore on Sunday.

Jamaica cruised to a 2-0 half-time lead through goals from Javia Roberts (19th) and Omar Holness (25th) while Junior Flemmings got an 84th minute winner.

T&T is scheduled to travel to Montego Bay on February 13 ahead of their opening game with the  hosts two days later and Guatemala on February 17.  Four teams will advance to the FIFA Under 17 World Cup in Mexico from June 8-July 10.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-17s go under to Barbados
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 07:48:01 PM »
“I’m not overly concerned about the result,” Cooper told TTFF Media. “We didn’t show too much but at the same time no team prefers to lose a win. I thought it also would bring the boys back down to ground after their win over the Under 20s on Friday. We’ll be back on the training pitch on Tuesday. I wanted to have a look at a few of the players who haven’t been playing too much and I was able to get that out of this particular match. The spirit is still pretty good in the camp and it’s a matter of focusing entirely on our next assignment against Jamaica which is of more importance now than any other match itself,” Cooper added.

:thumbsup:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 08:29:30 PM »
I does b more than a lil concern when we get licks a coach eh worry. Winning and losing is contagious.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 09:29:33 PM »
 I thought it also would bring the boys back down to ground after their win over the Under 20s on Friday. We’ll be back on the training pitch on Tuesday.

:thumbsup: deflate their swellheads!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 10:07:16 PM »
I thought it also would bring the boys back down to ground after their win over the Under 20s on Friday. We’ll be back on the training pitch on Tuesday.

:thumbsup: deflate their swellheads!!!!

If beatin an underman under 20 team swell there heads then we in REAL TROUBLE
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 10:13:10 PM »
I does b more than a lil concern when we get licks a coach eh worry. Winning and losing is contagious.

Doh worry we eh go ketch it....we seem to have innate immunity to that

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 10:47:56 PM »

Doh worry we eh go ketch it....we seem to have innate immunity to that

:beermug:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 05:01:48 AM »
When I saw this headline in the papers, I really thought it was cricket yes.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 05:41:15 AM »
It seems that all our local Coaches have the same mantra- Like they are all coached to say the same thing when they lose a game.
 I guess they need a lot of prayers.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 08:26:54 AM »
It seems that all our local Coaches have the same mantra- Like they are all coached to say the same thing when they lose a game.
        When loseing becomes a habit,what else is there to say.

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 08:31:17 AM »
Disappointed by some statements here.   If we do NOT know the coaches approach to the game, then why make negative comments?

Why put so much empahasis ona practice game with so many players who had limited playing time in a match situation?

Be calm, not making excuses, but we had teams winning practice games only to lose when the real Mc Coy started.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 08:37:56 AM »

Injun, Sounds just like Beenie-man to me.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 11:54:58 AM »
Disappointed by some statements here.   If we do NOT know the coaches approach to the game, then why make negative comments?

Why put so much empahasis ona practice game with so many players who had limited playing time in a match situation?

Be calm, not making excuses, but we had teams winning practice games only to lose when the real Mc Coy started.

Because they are once again failing to balance the training of these youngsters with progressive peer group competition. After a hot and heavy start in Colombia they revert to feeding them T&TEC the like. And as usual a decent coach ends up looking like a pure shitong.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 12:19:05 PM »

Because they are once again failing to balance the training of these youngsters with progressive peer group competition. After a hot and heavy start in Colombia they revert to feeding them T&TEC the like. And as usual a decent coach ends up looking like a pure shitong.

Your response is NOT what the other posters have been implying...not even close.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 12:23:56 PM »

Your response is NOT what the other posters have been implying...not even close.

So what were they 'implying'?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 01:00:57 PM »
When I saw this headline in the papers, I really thought it was cricket yes.

VB

:rotfl:

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 10:26:43 PM »
WTF...man this is Barbados man...yes BARBADOS!!...our fricking... B team should beat up on any a Bajan team. TT coaches just full a shit... excuses yes!

This is an international game please don't make no damn.. excuses!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 11:08:11 PM »
What make allyuh think B'dos can't play football?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 03:03:13 AM »
What make allyuh think B'dos can't play football?
        Deeks,don't worry with them fellas nah,some ah them pick up Football late,they doing the same thing with Grenada and getting on like it's a surprise,Joe Public had a Bajan Coach for a couple years and a couple other teams had island Coaches over the years,also if you want to check the many island players that dominate our Pro league and still underate the islands we in bad shape,it was never like that in the past and it isn't today, that mentality is killing us.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 07:40:38 AM »
Barbados U-17s clip T&T in friendly

CMC

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Print this page Email A Friend!

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados (CMC) — Barbados gained a timely boost of confidence before they travel to Jamaica for the CONCACAF Under-17 Championship after defeating Trinidad & Tobago 2-1 on Sunday.

Forward Diquan Adamson, a beneficiary of the Digicel Kick Start programme with English Premier League side Sunderland, put the home team in front in the 24th minute.

The Barbadians remained ahead at half-time before Kiel Pierre levelled the score early in the second period, with a 49th-minute strike.

But T&T's joy was short-lived, when Zari Prescod scored an item seven minutes later to put the home team back in front again.

The hosts could have had a third goal, but Jebarry Chandler missed a 73rd-minute penalty.

They held on grimly in the closing minutes, and had the rare privilege of a Barbadian football team conquering their challengers from T&T.

Barbados have been drawn in Group D of the CONCACAF tournament, along with Honduras and Canada, while T&T have been logged with Guatemala and regional rivals and hosts Jamaica in Group C.

Barbados open against Honduras next Tuesday, when T&T face Jamaica in their opener.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 11:40:35 AM »
No excuse at this stage,your first team must be giving as many minutes as possible,this is the closing preparations,Is Cooper going to correct the mistakes of the players which would not be starting the game,please Cooper  do not choke now and put the blame on the players who were giving the start. ???

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 12:52:14 PM »
Well sain Die Hard
tell them it was me

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 01:11:52 PM »
No excuse at this stage,your first team must be giving as many minutes as possible,this is the closing preparations,Is Cooper going to correct the mistakes of the players which would not be starting the game,please Cooper  do not choke now and put the blame on the players who were giving the start. ???

:applause: :applause:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 12:47:19 PM »
Barbados leading Honduras  nil at the half ... game should be almost done now
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 12:52:23 PM »
2 -1 now final score Honduras come from behind win
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:56:12 PM by Trini _2014 »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 02:02:29 PM »
MONTEGO BAY, Jamaica - Eder Velasquez scored an injury time winner and Honduras defeated Barbados 2-1 Tuesday at the CONCACAF Under-17 Championship.

The goal off a corner completed "Los Catrachos'" rally from an early first-half deficit and spoiled Barbados' debut at the CONCACAF U-17 finals.

Barbados had the early advantage, taking the lead in the 15th minute lead, when Zari Prescod found himself alone in the box and easily beat goalkeeper Roberto Lopez.

But Bryan Rochez equalized in the 62nd minute and Honduras, seeking a third straight trip to the U-17 World Cup, won for only the second time in seven competitive matches.

Diquan Adamson nearly doubled Barbados' lead moments later after Prescod's goal, but shot directly at Lopez from seven yards.

Honduras managed to gain possession and mount its own forward thrusts, but
Rochez had his effort cleared off the line in the 23rd, and David Carranza was denied by Barbados goalkeeper Joshua Hynam after the Honduran forward beat the offside trap.

Carranza also had a shot that was deflected out for a corner.

The half ended with Honduran midfielder Kelvin Nunez shooting into Hynam in the 42nd minute, and Adamson heading wide from close range a minute before halftime.

The Catrachos had the better of play early in the second half, but Adamson who had the first shot, forcing a save from Sanchez.

Honduras continued to compress the field, requiring Barbados to defend.

Honduras capitalized in the 62nd, earning a foul, and the subsequent free kick found Rochez in front of the goal.

Barbados had two late opportunities in the final six minutes, but Jabarry Chandler shot high from 18 yards and Adamson was wide past the near post.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 08:01:23 PM »
Hmm beginning to get concerned

1]; } ?>