April 23, 2024, 11:52:28 AM

Author Topic: Name sum big time Players dat MJ stole there rings..  (Read 4700 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Name sum big time Players dat MJ stole there rings..
« on: February 15, 2011, 11:09:01 AM »
I will start with four of them..
Charles Barkley
Karl Malone
Shawn Kemp
Shit I was Just about to put gary payton but I saw he won one with Miaimi.. anyway my fourth player will be
Patrick Ewing..
name sum players guys..

I think in all MJ stole about 50-60 start NBA players ring.. it was just a bad time to play in MJ era I guess..

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Name sum big time Players dat MJ stole there rings..
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 11:23:07 AM »
John Stockton
Reggie Miller
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 01:12:17 PM »
clyde drexler
penny hardaways magic side.
dan malone
dominque wilkins

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:47:19 AM »
clyde drexler
dan malone
dominque wilkins

Drexler won a championship in '95 with Houston.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 12:03:36 PM »
clyde drexler
dan malone
dominque wilkins

wilkins was my playerdat man could a ball dread.. anyway drexler won a championship with rockets when MJ retired.. penny was good but I dont think he was a big time player.. and who is dan malone? I really cya member that name or player..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 12:04:41 PM »
Jeff Hornacek was a very good player also ..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 12:28:46 PM »
Charles Oakley
Larry Johnson
Vin Baker
Dikembe Mutumbo
Dan Marjele
Latrell Sprewell
Chris Mullen
I want to say Grant Hill but he's still in the league and still can win a ring

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 10:45:57 PM »
chris webber

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 11:25:58 PM »
Webber Mullen and Vin Baker doh belong on that list.

Webber and Mullen played in the West... only way MJ woulda prevent them from getting a ring woulda been had he met them in a Finals.

Vin Baker's Celtics and Bucks never made it far enough in the Eastern Conference Playoffs to count... but yuh could try and mount a tenuous argument in his favor still. 

Other names:

Knicks

John Starks
Charles Smith
Anthony Mason
Derrick Harper
Doc Rivers

Cavs

Brad Daugherty
Mark Price
Craig Ehlo

Orlando

Penny Hardaway definitely a "big name player"

Phoenix

Barkley, Majerle and Horny... already mentioned
Tom Chambers
Kevin Johnson

Seattle

Detlef Schrempf (also later on with Portland)
Shawn Kemp (already mentioned)
Hersey Hawkins
Nate McMillan

Utah

Karl Malone
Antoine Carr
Tyrone Corbin (current Jazz coach)

Lakers

Elden Campbell

Portland

Jerome Kersey
Kevin Duckworth
Cliff Robinson

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 01:37:38 AM »
bakes yu know yu basket ball bredda. yu know what Penny was a good player boy I jes wke up boi.. Penny use to ball I now remember how good he was man.. my bad dey quags ... hear nuh is penny was di one who di NBA blacklisted because of his comments towards di homos dem right?

war

Webber and Mullen played in the West... only way MJ woulda prevent them from getting a ring woulda been had he met them in a Finals.

Vin Baker's Celtics and Bucks never made it far enough in the Eastern Conference Playoffs to count... but yuh could try and mount a tenuous argument in his favor still. 

Other names:

Knicks

John Starks
Charles Smith
Anthony Mason
Derrick Harper
Doc Rivers

Cavs

Brad Daugherty
Mark Price
Craig Ehlo

Orlando

Phoenix

Tom Chambers
Kevin Johnson

Seattle

Hersey Hawkins
Nate McMillan

Utah

Karl Malone
Antoine Carr

Lakers

Elden Campbell

Portland

Jerome Kersey
Kevin Duckworth
Cliff Robinson
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 08:02:34 AM »
bakes yu know yu basket ball bredda. yu know what Penny was a good player boy I jes wke up boi.. Penny use to ball I now remember how good he was man.. my bad dey quags ... hear nuh is penny was di one who di NBA blacklisted because of his comments towards di homos dem right?

war

Nah, dat was de odder Hardaway... Timmy.  He played for Golden State, and later the Heat in that memorable 1998 Eastern Conference Finals series against my Knicks.

Penny was a superstar... Shaq left Orlando in part b/c Penny came and became the man and steal his shine. The two of them started bumping heads after that, but Penny was a lot like a young T-Mac, could shoot, handle, rebound.... at at 6'9 it was near impossible to guard him.  Remember the ads with that irritating doll L'il Penny... lol.

He hurt his knee and that was a wrap.

EDIT:

Quick note about that Seattle team, Gary Payton was on that squad that lost to the Bulls and had he not won his ring with Miami in 2006 he'd still be on this list too.  Nate McMillan is the current coach of Portland, and the Seattle coach at the time, George Karl is with Denver.  Jordan also prevented a couple really good, and some great coaches (Mike Dunleavy, Rick Adelman, Paul Westphal, Jeff Van Gundy, Jerry Sloan) from winning titles.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:07:26 AM by Bakes »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 09:47:43 AM »
clyde drexler
dan malone
dominque wilkins

wilkins was my playerdat man could a ball dread.. anyway drexler won a championship with rockets when MJ retired.. penny was good but I dont think he was a big time player.. and who is dan malone? I really cya member that name or player..
war
My bad Dan Marjele .regarding Penny that magic side also had a young Shaq ,they were unlucky not to beat the bulls.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 10:29:34 AM »
ok now a get two a them straight.. I always get tie up wid penny and timmy hardaway..
what abot them two white boys from clevland.. they use to play sum good ball too. MJ slaughter one of dem at the buzzer and dat was the end of cavaliers..

war

war

Nah, dat was de odder Hardaway... Timmy.  He played for Golden State, and later the Heat in that memorable 1998 Eastern Conference Finals series against my Knicks.

Penny was a superstar... Shaq left Orlando in part b/c Penny came and became the man and steal his shine. The two of them started bumping heads after that, but Penny was a lot like a young T-Mac, could shoot, handle, rebound.... at at 6'9 it was near impossible to guard him.  Remember the ads with that irritating doll L'il Penny... lol.

He hurt his knee and that was a wrap.

EDIT:

Quick note about that Seattle team, Gary Payton was on that squad that lost to the Bulls and had he not won his ring with Miami in 2006 he'd still be on this list too.  Nate McMillan is the current coach of Portland, and the Seattle coach at the time, George Karl is with Denver.  Jordan also prevented a couple really good, and some great coaches (Mike Dunleavy, Rick Adelman, Paul Westphal, Jeff Van Gundy, Jerry Sloan) from winning titles.
Black Lives Matter..

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 10:55:50 AM »

Other names:

Knicks

John Starks
Charles Smith
Anthony Mason
Derrick Harper
Doc Rivers

Cavs

Brad Daugherty
Mark Price
Craig Ehlo

Orlando

Phoenix

Tom Chambers
Kevin Johnson

Seattle

Hersey Hawkins
Nate McMillan

Utah

Karl Malone
Antoine Carr

Lakers

Elden Campbell

Portland

Jerome Kersey
Kevin Duckworth
Cliff Robinson

Okay you made a strong argument there that Vin Baker and Chris Mullen doesn’t belong on the list because their teams never really made it deep into the playoffs or a conference final at that. Those guys were talented though should've gone to a championship contending team to the latter stages of their career. Penny Hardaway was my favorite player growing up but that knee injury messed up his career and the Magic management fell out of favor with him when he stood by far up on behalf of the players to get rid of their coach Brian Hill, things didn’t seem to get better for him since.

But Bakes, ah know yuh had tuh do some research tuh pull out ah name like Kevin Duckworth from Portland lol…..how de arse you even remember that brother??? That’s serious fishing dey dawg ;D

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 11:30:39 AM »
Who Mark Price ..and Brent.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 11:55:23 AM »
ok now a get two a them straight.. I always get tie up wid penny and timmy hardaway..
what abot them two white boys from clevland.. they use to play sum good ball too. MJ slaughter one of dem at the buzzer and dat was the end of cavaliers..

war

Mark Price was one... point guard, that was mih boy.  The other was Craig Ehlo... he's the one MJ hit the jumper over to win the series, that they does show over and over.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 12:07:15 PM »
Okay you made a strong argument there that Vin Baker and Chris Mullen doesn’t belong on the list because their teams never really made it deep into the playoffs or a conference final at that. Those guys were talented though should've gone to a championship contending team to the latter stages of their career. Penny Hardaway was my favorite player growing up but that knee injury messed up his career and the Magic management fell out of favor with him when he stood by far up on behalf of the players to get rid of their coach Brian Hill, things didn’t seem to get better for him since.

But Bakes, ah know yuh had tuh do some research tuh pull out ah name like Kevin Duckworth from Portland lol…..how de arse you even remember that brother??? That’s serious fishing dey dawg ;D

Brian Hill was a very underrated coach... looking back.  Pity that Shaq didn't stick around and that Penny get hurt.  Ah trying to remember who dey PG was back at that time but drawing ah blank.  Ah know later they got Darrell Armstrong, but can't remember if he was on that team back then.  Nick Anderson was my favorite player on that team, but he was too one dimensional during that run.  Later on in '95 I think it was they made a push, but he develop the yips at the line and cost them some games.  He later resurfaced in Sacra Tomato with Webber and White Chocolate.

As fuh Duckworth... nah man, I was backing Blazers against the Bulls.  In addition to rooting against the Bulls I used to like the Blazers fast break style and I wanted Clyde the Glide to get his ring.  Duckworth I always thought was underappreciated by fans.  I was saddened when he died two yrs ago... seems such a young age.  That team had mad talent... they just run into MJ in his prime.  Later on they got Rod Strickland to run point... but the window did done close... two years earlier and they mighta pip the Bulls for the crown.  Some of the other names though, what I did was to go back and see who the Bulls opponents were in the finals or Eastern Finals... then try to remember which players were on those teams. 

In answer to your Vin Baker comment though... what I can't remember is whether Baker's teams (either Celts or Bucks) faced the Bulls in the early rounds.  The Bulls would have been the top seed every year but 89 and 90... when the Pistons were still kings.  So for a team to meet them that team would have met them in the second round (assuming the top team got a first round bye).  I can't remember how long ago they start that bye thing.  If they played in the first round their opponents would have been the 8th seed.  Can't say for sure whether the Bucks or Celts were an 8th seed opponent for the Bulls or even if they ever met in the second round.  That's why I kinda left the door open on Baker... can't quite remember.  But if you adding him you then have to throw in Glen "Big Dawg" Robinson  ;)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:13:37 PM by Bakes »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 04:55:16 PM »
Glen "Big Dawg" Robinson!!! Another big time player. Those were the days when the league was nice or at least when I was severely hooked watching just about every game that showed on tv. I remember Vin Baker at the Bucks with Keith Van Horn, I think when he moved to Celtics he played with Pearce and Antione Walker but I cannot remember much of him at that time and how far into the playoffs they went. The point guard at magic could've been either Kevin Ollie or Vernon Maxwell after Penny got injured.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 05:14:40 PM »
Glen "Big Dawg" Robinson!!! Another big time player. Those were the days when the league was nice or at least when I was severely hooked watching just about every game that showed on tv. I remember Vin Baker at the Bucks with Keith Van Horn, I think when he moved to Celtics he played with Pearce and Antione Walker but I cannot remember much of him at that time and how far into the playoffs they went. The point guard at magic could've been either Kevin Ollie or Vernon Maxwell after Penny got injured.

I completely overlooked Ollie and Maxwell's time with the Magic... probably b/c they didn't play much.  Ah figure out who the PG was though... Scott Skiles (current Milwaukee coach).  Can't believe I couldn't remember that... I used to kill the arcade version of NBA Jams ("he's on fiiireeee!!")  back in the day and nuff times I beat the Magic (Skiles and Shaq) with my Knicks duo of Pat Ewing and Oakley... with Ewing running point and just jacking up threes  :rotfl:

All yuh had to do was hit three three-pointers in a row and yuh get on fire... anything else yuh put up sure to go in from there LOL.   I eh go lie nah... I used to be a real basketball peong, 3-4 nights a week, 4-5 hours a night of straight full-court balling.  Mankind was fit as a fiddle and well-known to the gym staff.  The good ole days.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 07:22:41 PM »
mark jackson.

and what craig ehlo do besides share a poster with MJ? ???  serious, larry nance more of a big time player than ehlo.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 07:29:11 PM by ribbit »

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 12:33:37 AM »
The point guard at magic could've been either Kevin Ollie or Vernon Maxwell after Penny got injured.

I completely overlooked Ollie and Maxwell's time with the Magic... probably b/c they didn't play much.  Ah figure out who the PG was though... Scott Skiles (current Milwaukee coach). 

Skiles actually have the NBA record for most assists in a single game (30). They sent him to Washington at the end of Penny's rookie season. One offseason later they signed H. Grant as a free agent and went to the final.  Then they lost to the Bulls in the playoffs in the first full season MJ was back and Shaq was off to LA.

I was also big fan of Nick Anderson. Still can't believe he miss all 4 of those free throws.

Darrell Armstrong was Penny's backup for a while and then actually became the team leader once Penny got injured and later went to Phoenix.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 09:28:50 AM »
Skiles actually have the NBA record for most assists in a single game (30). They sent him to Washington at the end of Penny's rookie season. One offseason later they signed H. Grant as a free agent and went to the final.  Then they lost to the Bulls in the playoffs in the first full season MJ was back and Shaq was off to LA.

I was also big fan of Nick Anderson. Still can't believe he miss all 4 of those free throws.

Darrell Armstrong was Penny's backup for a while and then actually became the team leader once Penny got injured and later went to Phoenix.

Yeah I remember Skiles being sent to the 'Bullets' now... I never did like him as a player, but the man could obviously play.  They shipped him out to make room for Penny at the point, but if you ask me a solid PG is what they was missing.  As for Nick Anderson... that man actually went a whole season having free throw problems... shooting 47% I think I read, cost them games, and likely the title against Houston.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 11:44:12 AM »

Yea those free throw misses totally ruined that man's confidence. If ever there was an athelete that needed a sports psychologist, it was him. He went from being a supberb three point and free throw shooter to a sub-par one.

Yeah I remember Skiles being sent to the 'Bullets' now... I never did like him as a player, but the man could obviously play.  They shipped him out to make room for Penny at the point, but if you ask me a solid PG is what they was missing.  As for Nick Anderson... that man actually went a whole season having free throw problems... shooting 47% I think I read, cost them games, and likely the title against Houston.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 11:56:48 AM »
Yea those free throw misses totally ruined that man's confidence. If ever there was an athelete that needed a sports psychologist, it was him. He went from being a supberb three point and free throw shooter to a sub-par one.

He had a mini-revival with Sacramento though... once Adelman (former Blazers coach) got there and he got Webber from GS, they had a nice squad.  Jason Williams was perhaps too indisciplined to really help them, but once they got Bibby and Bobby Jackson, that was one nice team.  They got robbed against LA, I want to say was in the 2003 Western Conference Finals... but that team (with Vlade at center as well) gave the Lakers all they could handle and should have gone on to the Finals that year.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 01:29:28 PM »
yeah man I like this.. allyuh fellas showing allyuh depth in basket ball dread.. sum big players I aint heard bout in a long long time.. Ribbit I like yu comment on ehlo lol.. He was alright for a white bwoy put it dat way..LOL
maybe the thread will be bout who star innah poster wid MJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess russel and ehlo guh tek dat hands down....

war
Black Lives Matter..

1]; } ?>