April 19, 2024, 01:24:08 PM

Author Topic: T&T FOOTBALL DEAD PLAIN & SIMPLE!!!!!  (Read 3866 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T FOOTBALL DEAD PLAIN & SIMPLE!!!!!
« on: February 23, 2011, 04:20:34 PM »
Who vex lorse,national can't make the grade to the big dance,the under 23's can't make it either and here comes the under 17's failing once again to make any significant strides.

At this point me ent care bout what we do last year or how much tournament we come close to winning or we have some serious talent on the team all kinda f**king excuses, I will eat my words or retract my statements when we starting winning tournaments plain and simple.Until then is the same repetitive shittt on this board.     

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: T&T FOOTBALL DEAD PLAIN & SIMPLE!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
A simple reflection of those running our football who are basically brain dead!!

Time for the fellas in charge to resign or retire!

This state of play will continue until our 2006 World Cup players get their promised bonuses!  :busshead:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 06:01:02 PM »
allyuh all right yes...I more vex, Canada have more RWB than we  ::)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 06:14:29 PM »
Disappointed yes..... to proclaim football dead maybe a hyperbole. Consider the infrastructure of football in Canada. In Alberta alone there are  leagues and divisions going from U8 to U18. Having coached here and taken teams to the provincials, one could only envision what could happen if money was deployed in TnT to build at the grassroots level, rather than try to infuse some token funds to prepare these teams.

The last time Canada qualified for this tournament dates back to 1995!!!! now consider the success we have had in 2007 and with our u20 without the programing and support as these other countries. So I would not say that football is dead, I would say, that in my humble opinion, it is mismanaged at all levels and preparations for our teams  leading up to major tournaments are inadequate.

Consider this article  about the Canadian team:

Canada earns 1st FIFA U-17 berth in 16 years:
By The Associated Press, cbc.ca, Updated: February 23, 2011 5:43 PM

Canada is returning to the FIFA U-17 World Cup after a 16-year absence.

And a young Canadian side did it in style, showcasing its stingy defence and possession soccer in a 2-0 win over Trinidad and Tobago on Wednesday in the quarter-finals of the CONCACAF U-17 tournament.

The top four teams from the 12-country CONCACAF qualifier, which covers North and Central America and the Caribbean, move on to the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Mexico from June 18 to July 10.

Canada's goals came from 15-year-old Chris Nanco and 16-year-old Keven Aleman, both of Brampton, Ont., with Maxime Crepeau of Candiac, Que., posting his third straight shutout.

Aleman is part of the Toronto FC Academy while Crepeau is with the Montreal Impact Academy.

Nanco plays for the Sigma FC Academy and has had training stints in England in the youth setup of Premiership teams Liverpool and Newcastle

Canada has outscored its opposition 10-0 in three games.

The jubilant Canadians celebrated in a pile on the pitch before heading to the stands waving a Canadian flag to friends, family and supporters.

Canada has not reached the world championship at this level since 1995, missing out on the last seven U-17 World Cups.

"I don't know if people realize in the quality of the football in CONCACAF, and how it's improved," said Canadian coach Sean Fleming.

"You can see by all the results here. Beyond our Barbados result (Canada won 8-0), every game's been a one-goal, two-goal game. You see the U.S. yesterday pushed right to extra time by El Salvador.

"The quality of the teams is very, very good. And especially then when you come down into the conditions that we sometimes have to qualify in, it makes it even that much more difficult."

Fleming saluted the provincial associations and players' clubs back home, saying "they had a big part in all these kids' development."

And he paid tribute to national coach Stephen Hart, a former under-17 coach, for Canada's possession-style of play. Hart has long preached playing the long ball in hot conditions is not a recipe for success.

"He taught me that a long time ago," said Fleming, who is at his fifth U-17 qualifying tournament either as coach or assistant coach.

Canada (2-0-1) will play upstart Panama (1-1-1) in Friday's semifinal.

The U.S. has also qualified for the U-17 World Cup with a quarter-final win Tuesday. Jamaica defeated Honduras 2-1 Wednesday to become the fourth team to move on from the CONCACAF region.

The four are now playing for bragging rights and a more favourable seeding at the U-17 World Cup draw.

Canada was good value for Wednesday's win, dominating possession in the first half. Trinidad came on late in the first half and had a string of corners early in the second, but failed to breach the Canadian defence and tired under the hot conditions as the game wore on.

In the 15th minute, Nanco pounced when Parker Seymour's long throw was flicked on in traffic by Daniel Stanese. Nanco lost his marker at the far post and headed the ball past goalkeeper Quesi Weston.

Aleman, like Nanco a native of Brampton, Ont., doubled the lead in the 20th minute on a fine solo effort, dribbling past defenders before firing home a left-footed shot from the edge of the box.

"A very special goal," said Fleming.

The Canadians advanced to the quarter-finals of the 12-team tournament by finishing first in Group D, thumping Barbados before tying Honduras 0-0.

Trinidad and Tobago placed second in Group C after a drawing of lots to break a tie with host Jamaica. Trinidad hosted the 2001 U-17 FIFA World Cup and qualified for the 2007 event.

On Tuesday, the United States extended its record of making every U-17 World Cup field, beating El Salvador 3-2 to qualify for the 14th time.

Marc Pelosi scored the winning goal in the 112th minute in a game that featured 52 fouls and three ejections — two on the U.S. side and one for El Salvador.

In the other quarter-final Tuesday, Panama upset Costa Rica 1-0 on the strength of a 76th-minute Alfredo Stevens goal.

The Panamanians are making their debut in the final round of the CONCACAF championship. In contrast, Costa Rica had been to the last five U-17 World Cups and seven in all.

Canada has failed to qualify for the U-17 World Cup since the 1995 tournament in Ecuador. Canada also took part in the 1989 (Scotland) and 1993 (Japan) world under-17 championships and hosted the event in 1987.

Canada has lost all 12 of its games at the world tournament and been outscored 42-3.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 06:17:44 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 06:20:01 PM »
Structure is one thing but geez same poor marking, poor shooting, no possession piss poor defending permeates every single team at all levels, nobody learning nutting from u14 to senior team
Right now we have to drop the soca warrior name until teams start "earning" the title. We have no warriors on the fields at the moment. Men playing like prey rather than predator

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 07:00:48 PM »
So when I mentioned that jamaica sent their under 17 team to Brazil for a month some forum expert ...I would not call any names ..I not on dat ... jump on my case ..even suggesting after we drew with them that the visit  had no bearing on jamaica's preparation ...after all we draw wid dem right ?

We always ..always get beaten in the details !!! fail to prepare ...prepare to fail !! Can you get a good result with sub standard preparation ?   sure you can ...can you sustain it through a tournament ?? No Sah !!

words cpme back to mind ...." we doh have to study dem ...dey have to study we ? ..more than 3 years ago from a national coach ...philosophy is still the same ...

The jamaican coach said he was not interested in the results in Brazil  but that the team was learning .... I wonder how much we learnt from playing Barbados 1 game as overseas preparation ??  well  you live and you learn ...except down in T&T !!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 07:31:40 PM »
Nah, nah.....we going Brazil!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 08:00:47 PM »
Fear not fellas, I personally intend to change all of that soon enough - returning to the country with a little financial backing and an American mentality regarding success on the pitch.  It will hopefully change the mindset (beginning  with our younger players) and will then materialize into more success at the older age group...There is some talent in Trinidad, but we do not understand the concept of winning!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 08:12:47 PM »
Christopher Nanco has trini roots  :beermug:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 08:22:40 PM »
So does franklyn simpson ...any consolation in that ?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 08:27:13 PM »
So does franklyn simpson ...any consolation in that ?

geez double whammy  :'(

Offline RehanaOmardeenfan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 08:38:04 PM »
Give Rehana playing time!!! >:(

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 09:23:25 PM »
it eh dead yet ..it jes on life support so that every so often Jackula will come and resuscitate it

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 09:26:10 PM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 09:45:13 PM »
Watch Panama and Canada in the Hex for Brazil . I hate to say it but local coaches can only take us thus Far.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »
Fear not fellas, I personally intend to change all of that soon enough - returning to the country with a little financial backing and an American mentality regarding success on the pitch.  It will hopefully change the mindset (beginning  with our younger players) and will then materialize into more success at the older age group...There is some talent in Trinidad, but we do not understand the concept of winning!

Sounds good. But I hope when you say "a little financial backing" you're being modest. There is real, raw talent in T&T, but TTFF are doing nothing to develop it, so it will cost real bucks to build an infrastructure capable of nuturing players who can move abroad with success.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 10:16:23 PM »

you either going and join jack and his vampires or you are a vampire hunter with the silver bullet.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 10:19:37 PM »
A simple reflection of those running our football who are basically brain dead!!

Time for the fellas in charge to resign or retire!

This state of play will continue until our 2006 World Cup players get their promised bonuses!  :busshead:

REMIND DEM
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 11:30:39 PM »
Pinto, i don't mind if we lose every tourney, and i'll tell you why. losin could be viewed in a few ways, and one of the ways i would not mind losing is when the best has been applied, but in the end the talent came up short,

but yuh see if half steppin was the culprit for underachievin, then that very hard tuh digest, and i think that's  the problem in ah nut shell, and until the ppl who runnin T&T, not just football and sports, but every facet of the society decide to straighten up and fly right, then expect worst
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 12:16:15 PM »
Allyuh is just alarmists....doh worry, we getting a best coach just now. All we problems fix!

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 01:57:42 PM »
Allyuh is just alarmists....doh worry, we getting a best coach just now. All we problems fix!

...and we will achieve world peace !!! :beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 02:02:05 PM »

No.  Is ah bess coach.....get it right.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 02:14:30 PM »
if we did win this game do you think football would have been alive?

Canada see like a good squad

what if we played jamaica, Honduras, Panama or Costa rica

what if we made it

would we be happy?

Point is we in the same place we was last week as far as youth development.

dont look at the results look at what we doing?

the question is what we doing?

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 03:25:17 PM »
Who vex lorse,national can't make the grade to the big dance,the under 23's can't make it either and here comes the under 17's failing once again to make any significant strides.

At this point me ent care bout what we do last year or how much tournament we come close to winning or we have some serious talent on the team all kinda f**king excuses, I will eat my words or retract my statements when we starting winning tournaments plain and simple.Until then is the same repetitive shittt on this board.     

best post in a while

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 03:28:50 PM »

No.  Is ah bess coach.....get it right.....

Right. I away too long. We getting a breast coach! I hope the poor German fella don't keel over and dead with legs up in the air when he see all the local 'talent'
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 04:49:38 PM »
allyuh all right yes...I more vex, Canada have more RWB than we  ::)

max boy! I say de same ting yuh know. It look like dem fellas was confused and keep wanting to pass the ball to the RWB... unfortunately that was Canada.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2011, 04:54:29 PM »
I eh vex, unfortunate for the young fellas who trying their heart out but if we not good enough then we not good enough.

Plain and simple,

The reality is that we have to consistently fail in order for the people involved in our administration to walk away or be forced out. So as far as I am concerned, let the worse continue.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 06:02:53 PM »
T&T football is not dead. Look at it this way. Remember what Creston Boxhill did to Jamaica's football until we fell to #106 in FIFA ranking. ??? ???
jjbrown

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 06:16:34 PM »
I eh vex, unfortunate for the young fellas who trying their heart out but if we not good enough then we not good enough.

Plain and simple,

The reality is that we have to consistently fail in order for the people involved in our administration to walk away or be forced out. So as far as I am concerned, let the worse continue.

The problem is that we losing for so many years now and they ent walk yet...as a matter of fact they sinking deeper in the thing.  So yuh right...let the worse continue.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 07:03:27 PM »
I know allyuh dont watch Mexican footbal. But this is why they will be always better than us. Their club teams can go toe to toe with South American teams in they own back yard. America 1-0 vs Argentinos Jrs.

http://www.atdhenet.tv/34580/watch-independiente-vs-penarol

1]; } ?>