March 28, 2024, 05:36:27 PM

Author Topic: Bunji Garlin Thread  (Read 25118 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bunji Garlin's "Differentology" on Hot97 Battle of The Beats VOTE!
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2013, 12:58:47 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XLeHarg3m-k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XLeHarg3m-k</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Vote for Bunji's Differentology for MTV Iggy Song of the Year
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 05:06:38 PM »
Here is the link: 13 for 2013: You Choose MTV Iggy’s Song of the Year | MTV IGGY

Scroll to bottom of page to find Bunji's "Differentology" in the voting list and cast your votes.
He was in third place when I last checked so we need to all vote for his song if we would like him to move up into first place.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 05:17:26 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Vote for Bunji's Differentology for MTV Iggy Song of the Year
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2013, 06:59:12 PM »
Too many Koreans...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2013, 01:29:02 AM »
Bunji now back in 2nd place. I guess the Koreans have woken up so please keep voting folks.

These are the instructions on how to vote from CaribKaraoke:

Go here 13 for 2013: You Choose MTV Iggy’s Song of the Year | MTV IGGY and scroll to the bottom of page.
Vote, then refresh in your browser, then vote again, then refresh in your browser.
Vote, then refresh in your browser, then vote again, then refresh in your browser.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 11:02:35 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2013, 07:03:37 AM »
Bunji now back in 2nd place. I guess the Koreans have woken up so please keep voting folks.

These are the instructions on how to vote from CaribKaraoke:

Go here 13 for 2013: You Choose MTV Iggy’s Song of the Year | MTV IGGY and scroll to the bottom of page.

Aye, I is ah honest man. Isn't that cheatin'. But , anyway, I go follow you directives!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 11:03:04 AM by Socapro »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2013, 06:29:47 AM »
Today is de deadline and bunji behind by about 8%!!  Ah voting till dey block mih!!   ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2013, 12:39:38 PM »
Okay guys, there is now a Run Off between Bunji’s “Differentology” and the Korean song and the new poll has now been extended till 11am EST tomorrow Sat.21st December 2013 so please keep voting to help Bunji win the International Song Of The Year.

Here is the new voting link: http://www.mtviggy.com/blog-posts/song-of-the-year-runoff-vikings-vs-vips/
Please keep voting as Bunji is currently ahead but we can't take it for granted that he will win as the Koreans will be up before us tomorrow and will do their best to ensure that their song regains a healthy lead.

Here are the most effective instructions on how to vote to make your presence felt:  ;)

Go here:  http://www.mtviggy.com/blog-posts/song-of-the-year-runoff-vikings-vs-vips/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 12:48:28 PM by Socapro »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2013, 01:06:14 PM »
wtf
Bunji 47.68%
G Dragon 47.7%

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2013, 01:45:56 PM »
vote off..he in the lead but we hadda keep pressing while g-dragon's fans are still asleep

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2013, 03:13:39 PM »
Voting is closed, those figures are final.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2013, 05:29:34 PM »

No Peong.  They decided to do a run off until 5 pm EST today.  Then extended it to 11 am EST tomorrow.....last tally so far in the run off........

Bunji   87.62%

G Dragon 12.38%

But the Koreans now waking up.....(pun intended.... ;D)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 05:46:17 PM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2013, 06:37:42 PM »
10 am in Seoul, plus who knows whatever time in the Korean diaspora. Real wuk.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2013, 07:51:16 PM »

No Peong.  They decided to do a run off until 5 pm EST today.  Then extended it to 11 am EST tomorrow.....last tally so far in the run off........

Bunji   87.62%

G Dragon 12.38%

But the Koreans now waking up.....(pun intended.... ;D)

Haha I now see it.
Voted a few more times

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2013, 01:07:59 AM »
Okay guys, we are in the final hours of the Run-Off and the Koreans have been up for the past few hours and voting like mad and their song is about to overtake Bunji's in the voting poll.

So we all need to vote like crazy between now and 11am EST to see if we can keep or get Bunji back in the lead in the poll so "Differentology" can hopefully win the International Song Of The Year.

Here is the voting link: Song of the Year Runoff: Vikings Vs. VIPs. | MTV IGGY

Bunji was on 50 something % last time I checked with his leading gap getting smaller by the minute so we all need to keep voting hard to try to keep his song ahead or to help him to get back into the lead before the poll closes at 11am EST.

Don't forget the voting method as recommended by CaribKaraoke.

These are the instructions on how to vote:

Go here: Song of the Year Runoff: Vikings Vs. VIPs. | MTV IGGY and scroll down

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2013, 09:57:19 AM »
Current poll results show!

Song of the Year Runoff Poll

Bunji Garlin  48.83%
G-Dragon  51.17%

As no one else seems to be able to vote either the poll has closed and G-Dragon  has won or the site has crashed/freezed up and the result will be declared a draw.

Not sure which but we will surely find out pretty soon.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2013, 10:15:32 AM »
Too many Koreans out there.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2013, 12:30:19 PM »
Too many Koreans out there.
Yeah, their population is 50 million and that is just the South Koreans to our mere 1.4 million.
Hopefully the website to the voting system crashed and the result would be officially declared a tie for 1st place.  ;)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bunji Garlin's "Differentology" on Hot97 Battle of The Beats VOTE!
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2013, 05:08:18 PM »
Battle Of The Beats:Music Meeting Ep 3
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/g5hXGxlbyIM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/g5hXGxlbyIM</a>

You can Vote here: http://www.hot97.com/battleofthebeats/

Apparently you can vote for 3 different songs every 24 hours so you can vote for Bunji for a number of times on different days if you wish. :thumbsup:

mr cee is of trini decent btw
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2013, 07:39:16 AM »
Yeah, it was declared a draw.......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bunji Garlin 2013/2014 Mainstream Interviews
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2013, 11:22:05 PM »
Please post them to this thread thanks.

I'll get things rolling with this very recent Bunji interview with NPR (National Public Radio in America).

Bunji Garlin: 'Here To Stand My Ground' For Soca Music
by NPR Staff
December 23, 201311:54 AM

If you're a fan of the NBA, Grey's Anatomy or Major Lazer, you're probably familiar with Bunji Garlin, the man behind this year's international soca anthem, "Differentology." While the Caribbean tune has been acknowledged via popular TV shows and electronic dance DJs alike, Garlin's hit resides within a genre that struggles to churn out chart-topping tracks.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0FWHavH6IQw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0FWHavH6IQw</a>

"This is a music that is almost over a century in existence, but yet still you can almost count all our international hits on two hands," Garlin says.

The Trinidadian musician says he's undaunted by the task of becoming the next crossover soca sensation.

"I'm here to stand my ground, and you're going to take note of what I am here to do musically," Garlin says.

Tell Me More guest host Celeste Headlee recently spoke with Garlin about the roots of soca and his reaction to winning a 2013 Soul Train Award for Best International Performance. Hear more of their conversation at the audio link. NPR Media Player

Alternatively you can read the transcript of the entire interview in the next post below.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:55:50 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bunji Garlin 2013/2014 Mainstream Interviews
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2013, 11:22:25 PM »
CELESTE HEADLEE, HOST:

Now as winter is setting in, you may be dreaming of, say, a sunny beach in the Caribbean, some relief from the cold. Imagine you're relaxing on a lounge chair somewhere in the sand and somewhere nearby there's soca music.

(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "DIFFERENTOLOGY")

HEADLEE: So if you like soca, then you know that voice. That's star Bunji Garlin and that's this year's anthem, "Differentology." Bunji Garlin is no stranger to the soca scene of course, but this year he's broadened his appeal by winning a Soul Train Award this month for best international performance. And he joins me now to talk more about his music. Welcome.

BUNJI GARLIN: Hi. Hello.

HEADLEE: First of all, I'm sure that there's many people who've never heard of soca music, and it's decades-old. Can you help us understand exactly what it is. Is it as simple as combining calypso with East Indian instruments and African rhythms?

GARLIN: That is the technical explanation, which is combined in the derived African rhythms and the East Indian rhythms of Trinidad and Tobago to form a new merged sound. Both of them actually represent or are derivatives of the original music of Trinidad and Tobago, which is Calypso.

HEADLEE: So let's take a listen to another one of your songs. This is "Soca Bhangra," which was a crossover hit among Trinidad's Indian community when it came out 10 years now. Let's take a listen.

(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "SOCA BHANGRA")

HEADLEE: Is that an accordion?

GARLIN: Yes, I think so. I think so.

HEADLEE: So you have a soca song...

GARLIN: Yeah.

HEADLEE: ...Using calypso, talking about Pakistan and its Bhangra...

HEADLEE: With an accordion.

GARLIN: Yes.

HEADLEE: That is totally fabulous. What made that one such a hit do you think?

GARLIN: Well, the East India community in Trinidad and Tobago - they support their own - so when they release a song, it becomes one of the biggest songs, if not in the country, amongst their community. And I think what made that song work was the fact that it was the first time I myself was doing a collaboration and integrating with the East Indian society with the music called chutney music. And, of course, I was young because at that time it was considered that the older artists would be the people to do that type of music. Here, you have two young people - one on the East Indian side, one on the African side - we decided to merge worlds. It made the whole young generation know, like a Wi-Fi - everybody wanted to be a part of it. And, of course, the song was a playful song as well. The atmosphere of the song was very playful, it was very happy, it was very colorful, and that took it a very long way as well.

(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "SOCA BHANGRA")

HEADLEE: So you know you haven't made a successful soca song if no one's moving.

GARLIN: Exactly.

HEADLEE: So you were actually born Ian Alvarez, right?

GARLIN: Yes, ma'am.,ha

HEADLEE: And how did you choose the name Bunji Garlin, and why?

GARLIN: Well, I chose the name Bunji from looking at the bungee rope, the bungee jumping. And what I did notice - the more you pull downwards on the rope, the higher it goes when it release. So what I did is I applied that terminology to my life and my experiences. The more you try to pull me down or hold me down, is the higher I go up on release. Garlin is the Caribbean definition of what the military weapon Galil is, a semiautomatic firearm.

HEADLEE: It's a gun.

GARLIN: Yes, right because of its size and the damage it does, I applied that to myself. I'm not big in size - I'm 5'6'' - but when I'm on stage, I'm a very dangerous human being. I approach the stage very aggressive because it is not a game, and I make sure my package is delivered.

HEADLEE: Do you feel like you're at war? I mean, you're talking about a warlike weapon.

GARLIN: No, it's not the fact that I'm at war, but I put my mind in a battle-type atmosphere because you're this lone single artist about to go on stage to face 20,000 people. If they sense any fear in you that can be the end of your career immediately. So I approach the stage very aggressive. Like, I'm here to stand my ground and you are going to take note of what I am here to do musically.

HEADLEE: And you're married to a socha star, Fay-Ann Lyons - daughter of one of the most famous soca singers, Superblue. So this is - I have to imagine that in your family soca becomes kind of a way of life.

GARLIN: Yes, it is actually. The amazing thing about it, though, is that the way we were grown, musically, in Trinidad and Tobago, in our homes - soca wasn't the dominant force of music in the household. It would've been other music from around the world. And more so because in my family - my mom is actually Pentecostal - so I grew up in a Christian home and there was the notion of when carnival time comes around in Trinidad and Tobago, we would leave our homes and go to the church camp. And we moved the whole communities away from the carnival atmosphere because our parents didn't want us kids to be a part of the carnival arena or the soca arena.

So we grew up listening to music from all around the world. But what it did do is that it forced us to start to emulate music from around the world rather than home. And that, too, kind of damaged the industry back home because, like, three - four generations was held back from things that they should of known and could have known. And that probably could've had our music at a different level on the world scale right now.

HEADLEE: I wonder what you think about why soca hasn't gotten a huge foothold in the United States on a par with, say, reggae music. They were kind of coming up at the same time, you know. Soca was developing also in the late '60s and early '70s.

HEADLEE: Why the difference?

GARLIN: Well, if you look at the songs way back when, again, soca wasn't the existing music at the time when reggae music came on to play - it was reggae and calypso. But what made both of them work internationally at that time - they had a wide range of topics. People from any part of the globe could relate to the music. What started happening was when calypso music started to become territorial, political arena-type songs. So a calypsonian in Trinidad basically started singing songs that was geared towards the Trinidad and Tobago market only, and about the politicians and governments and stuff like that. And if you're selling music to the wide world, they may not necessarily want to hear that.

They want to hear something that they can connect with. Reggae music had crossed that bond and was continuously catering for audiences around the world in terms of content. And that is why I always say there was so few international releases from the calypso and soca world - "Rum and Coca-Cola," "Day-O," "Hot-Hot-Hot," "Who Let The Dogs Out," and then way down, afterwards you had Rupee and Kevin Lyttle. I mean, this is a music that is almost over a century in existence, but yet still you can almost count all our international hits on two hands.

HEADLEE: And yet, you're starting to change that. You just got the Soul Train Award I mentioned. I understand the song, "Differentology" was featured on "Grey's Anatomy," the show on ABC.

GARLIN: Yes, yes it was.

(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "DIFFERENTOLOGY")

HEADLEE: Is there something consciously you're doing as a songwriter to make it have more universal appeal?

GARLIN: Well, yes and no. When we did this song, the goal wasn't really for international appeal, but was more so to do something to stand out from what we already know - a fresh sound. Soca music usually has anyway from 10 instruments to almost a hundred instruments playing in one song. We decided to simplify it and go back to the original way, which is, like, five basic instruments - drums, keyboards, bass, guitar and your voice.

When we did that, we realized that the song was easier for anyone to sing. It could go absolutely anywhere in the world and stand. So I think now it was a lesson learned in this situation, that there's a new formula or a new recipe or new format that we could try with our music to reach international audiences.

HEADLEE: Well, let's hear some more music. This is "Carnival Tabanca," something you might hear at carnival.

(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "CARNIVAL TABANCA")

HEADLEE: That's about - you know, to a certain extent, that's about as sort of smooth and slow as a soca song gets. Don't you think?

GARLIN: Yes, ma'am.,ha

HEADLEE: There's no such thing as a slow groove in soca.

HEADLEE: Do you ever feel like there is a slow song outside of soca that you want to write?

GARLIN: I've never - I don't think I've gotten to that point yet in my mind. I guess it's somewhere there waiting to be discovered. And I may not be the person to do it, it may be someone else. And if it does, I guess it will be a good thing as well.

HEADLEE: Trinidadian soca star Bunji Garlin was kind enough to join me from our bureau in New York. His single "Differentology" is remixed by the DJ group Major Lazer - is out now. And his album comes out - his new album comes out in the spring. Thanks so much.

GARLIN: Thank you very much for having me.

(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "CARNIVAL TABANCA")

HEADLEE: And that's our program for today. I'm Celeste Headlee. And this is TELL ME MORE from NPR News. We'll talk more tomorrow.

Copyright © 2013 NPR. All rights reserved.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2013, 07:45:31 PM »
Just read a comment from Bunji on Instagram. Did things really descend into a race thing? Steups.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2013, 08:37:20 PM »
Just read a comment from Bunji on Instagram. Did things really descend into a race thing? Steups.

What was the comment?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2013, 08:08:21 AM »

What was the comment?

I would like to humbly thank everyone in Trinidad and Tobago , the Caribbean and elsewhere in the world for the time you spent voting your hearts and fingerprints out for the MTViggy song of the year. Sadly it has taken an unexpected turn for the worst. I was deeply saddened to see racial slurs flying around back and forth on social sites and I need to declare that I am in no way at all in support of that in any volume. We people of the Caribbean are the embodiment of variants and colours and as such let the world learn from that. I DO NOT stand for racism and will make damn sure it doesn't represent me. Not all people are good but not all are bad either. You cannot be a fan or supporter of me and want to be a part of hurting humanity be it verbal, physical or mental. Let the record show on this day 21 of December 2013 , I absolutely oppose the promotion of racism in any design especially from my corner. If someone else sees it fit for them to do it doesn't mean the recipe is doing it back to them. What is done is done it is time we move on and grow and share goodness in this world to whom and where we can. Yours truly Ian Antonio Alvarez - The Viking of Soca.

Read more at http://web.stagram.com/n/bunjigarlin/#iHciV4PhoEMmg4WZ.99

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2013, 11:18:44 AM »

What was the comment?

I didn't see the actual comments myself but apparently the Koreans started using the "N" word on the last day of voting.  I was made aware of the comments based on a fb post on Bunji's page.  After that apparently racial slurs started being thrown back at the Koreans.  Again I was made aware of eventual back and forth based on the post quoted above which I read on Bunji's page earlier.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bunji turns Texas into Red Light District
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2014, 04:26:55 PM »
Bunji turns Texas into Red Light District
Published: Monday, March 17, 2014 (T&T Guardian)
Laura Dowrich-Phillips

T&T is in for some surprises soon. That’s the word from Ian “Bunji Garlin” Alvarez following performers by him and his wife Fay-Ann Lyons on Thursday night at South by South West (SXSW), one of the largest music festivals in North America.

Garlin, hailed by Rolling Stone magazine as one of the Top 25 Must See acts for SXSW, performed at The Empire Garage, which featured a two-part show, one in the day featuring American electronic music star Skrillex as the headliner and another in the evening featuring rapper Riff Raff and electronic music producer Paper Diamond as the headliners.

Garlin performed in the night on the main stage, delivering his hits Differentology, Carnival Tabanca and the Tun Up remix by Jus Now. Lyons performed her 2014 releases Catch Me and Gimme Dat.

“It’s the first time soca ever represent at SXSW and it is an honour for me and Fay to bring it, we sell it off,” said Bunji, via telephone from Austin, Texas, where the festival is held.

Garlin and Lyons were invited to SXSW by Mad Decent, a record label spearheaded by Diplo of the DJ collective Major Lazer, and when word got out that they would be at the festival they were invited to perform at other events, namely the Large Up and House of Marley showcases.

“The first day we did the House of Marley and after our performance the DJ went into half an hour of level soca he didn’t know he had there,” he said.

The excitement evident in his voice, Garlin said this experience is one that he cannot stop smiling about.

“It was really, really good, it was fruitful. The first day we started making crazy links and connections, it is a healthy atmosphere for every artiste and we would like to be a part of it every year,” he said.

Describing the festival as a real melting pot, Bunji said SXSW is where people come to discover new sounds and new people. Asked what benefits he could see emerging from their experience, he would only say: “We have some surprises for T&T soon.”

One source who attended the show, told the T&T Guardian that Bunji received the largest ovation of the night and had the mostly North American crowd jumping and waving. Other performers of the night were Slick Shoota, Nicky Dab, Gent and Jawns, What So Not, LIZ and Annie Mac.

SXSW is an annual music, film, and interactive conference and festival that attracts thousands of people including a wide array of industry heavyweights, talent scouts, media, actors and musicians. This year the event saw performances from Lady Gaga, Kanye West and Jay Z, Kelis and Justin Beiber among others.

A 2013 report on the economic impact of the festival on Austin describes the event as the single most profitable event for the City of Austin’s hospitality industry attracting over 100,000 people with nine days of industry conferences, a four-day trade show, and a six-night music festival featuring more than 2,200 bands, and a nine-day film festival with more than 400 screenings.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bunji And Fayann Appear On Bet’s 106 & Park
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2014, 05:54:05 PM »
BUNJI AND FAYANN APPEAR ON BET’S 106 & PARK
Boom Champions 94.1 FM

Fans of Bunji Garlin can look today as he and his wife star on BET’s 106 and Park airing at 6 p.m. (local time).

Their appearance on the show was actually recorded yesterday at the show’s studio in New York, USA, where they also chatted with the hosts, Bow Wow and Keshia Chante.

The couple took the stage at around 1 p.m. for the recording and according to people who were present for the session, they “smashed it”.

Bunji’s music video for his 2013 mega hit song, “Differentology” debuted on 106 and Park two weeks ago and proved to be a big hit with the live studio audience.

A live audience was present for the recording also, many of them already fans of Bunji’s and of soca music as a whole.

The show is one of the popular shows on BET and commands quite a wide audience so that Bunji and soca music will tonight be introduced to a mega audience for the first time.

“Differentology” was released by Bunji for Carnival 2013, and the song has helped to land him deals with at least two international music labels, positioned him to win a Soul Train Award and an MTV Iggy Award, along with other opportunities.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bunji And Fayann Appear On Bet’s 106 & Park
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2014, 05:55:35 PM »
ISM Spotlight: Bunji Garlin for BET 106 and Park!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LQ_nTaVHh_Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LQ_nTaVHh_Y</a>

The Love for Soca has always been GLOBAL, and Head ViKing Bunji Garlin speaks exclusively to #ISM2014's Harande Elie just before he makes his way to New York for his upcoming live performance on BET's 106 and Park on May 1st. 2014!

Listen to the Lyrical Assassin talk about everything from "Differentology" to breaking down barriers for "Soca Seasons", and of course the increased appeal for our culture worldwide!

1]; } ?>