April 19, 2024, 10:14:42 AM

Author Topic: Ravi B vs Rikki Jai (once friends).  (Read 6729 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Ravi B vs Rikki Jai (once friends).
« on: February 25, 2011, 06:45:48 AM »
Rikki Jai: No friendship for Ravi B
By Anna-Lisa Paul Friday, February 25 2011

The 2011 Chutney Soca Monarch, Rikki Jai said while he has “no animosity” towards Ravi B, there is little possibility of a relationship or friendship with the younger entertainer.

Speaking to reporters following a short but energetic performance at yesterday’s bMobile’s Soca in B-Square lunch-time concert, the six-time champion said he had gotten to where he is “through hard work and not trampling on others.”

“I hold nothing against Ravi B for what he did. I really don’t wish bad for him. Sometimes these things happen and people get carried away with the emotions. As a professional, I am very saddened that such a day could have come and marred the activities,” said the singer, whose real name is Samraj Jaimungal.

Ravi B was dethroned by Jaimungal in last Saturday’s competition at Skinner Park in San Fernando, and walked away with the first prize of $2 million.

Although Ravi B offered Jaimungal congratulations immediately after the results were announced, it was during the after-party, when the band Karma performed, that he incited the crowd to hurl missiles at the stage to indicate their dissatisfaction.

Jaimungal said Ravi B has not spoken to him since that night.

“I think if somebody could do what he did, come out in one minute and hug me and raise my hand in celebration and the next, incite violence...I am not too sure if there was a relationship,” he said.

Jaimungal noted the historic first prize had brought out the dark side in many of the show’s competitors.

Pressed to answer if he has any reservations about sharing a stage with Karma and Ravi B, Jaimungal said many of his bookings throughout the Carnival season was alongside the band.

Asked what the future holds for him, Jaimungal promised the country could expect a lot from him as some of his winnings “would go to people who would be enriched and strengthened by the Rikki Jai Foundation.”

However, he declined to comment on the legal aspect of the matter since the show’s promoter is also pursuing action against Ravi B.

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar has also spoken out against Ravi B’s behaviour.

“It was most unfortunate. I do believe the police are investigating the matter...It was most unfortunate and totally unnecessary,” she said.

Persad-Bissessar was speaking to reporters at Busy Corner, Chaguanas yesterday afternoon during a police road block exercise.

Police Commissioner Dwayne Gibbs, was also present for the exercise, confirmed this was so.

“Yes it is being investigated. I don’t have any further updates but I can say from (media reports) that the individual involved has come forward and expressed remorse through the media. That is a good first step,” Gibbs said.

He's the king: Rikki Jai, left, celebrates winning $2 million with Ravi Bissembhar, right, whom he dethroned in the 2011 Chutney Soca Monarch final at Skinner Park, San Fernando early yesterday morning.
(2011-02-21) ...Author: Lincoln Holder.

Party time: Fans party during the Chutney Soca Monarch final.
(2011-02-21) ...Author: Lincoln Holder.

Join us: Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, centre, pulls San Fernando Mayor Marlene Coudray to join her as soca star Machel Montano sings a reggae song during the Chutney Soca Monarch final, Skinner Park, San Fernando early yesterday morning. ...(2011-02-21).

Arts and Multiculturalism Minister Winston 'Gypsy' Peters performs an extempo at the Chutney Soca Monarch final. ...(2011-02-21).

Sing with me: Veeshal KI Persad, who placed third, invites the crowd to sing along with his performance of 'No More Rum Again' at the Chutney Soca Monarch final, Skinner Park, San Fernando late Saturday night... (2011-02-21).

Queen Sally: Sally Sagram, one of three women finalists, sings 'Go So Nah' at the Chutney Soca Monarch final, Skinner Park, San Fernando late Saturday night... (2011-02-21).

Ravi B... (2011-02-22).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 06:50:31 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Ravi B vs Rikki Jai (once friends).
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 06:53:24 AM »
Ravi B: Forgive me
By Leiselle Maraj and Laurel V Williams.
Thursday, February 24 2011

Police hope to wrap up their investigation into reports chutney soca artiste Ravi B (Ravi Bissembhar) incited a crowd to violence at last weekend’s Chutney Soca Monarch final by tomorrow.

Senior Superintendant Donald Denoon yesterday disclosed Ravi B, lead singer of the band Karma, visited the San Fernando Police Station and gave a statement. Denoon refrained from providing further information but confirmed Ravi B visited the station accompanied by an attorney.

Ravi B was dethroned as Chutney Soca Monarch by veteran Rikki Jai who walked away with a historic $2 million first prize at Skinner Park, San Fernando early Sunday morning. Ravi B, who sang “Cyar Come”, congratulated Rikki Jai on stage after he won for his performance “White Oak and Water”.

The winner was chosen by a text voting system during a live television broadcast. However, while performing with his band during a concert after the competition, Bissembhar told the crowd to pelt anything on stage if they were dissatisfied with the results.

As this point persons began throwing missiles on the stage for several minutes. His actions prompted calls from Arts and Multiculturalism Minister Winston “Gypsy” Peters and Housing Minister Roodal Moonial for the police to investigate the incident.

“We have to receive all the evidence gathered before any charges could be laid. We have to read the statements,” Denoon said yesterday.

Ravi B has issued a statement of apology and yesterday did so publicly during an aerobic workout hosted by his sponsor Digicel at Queen’s Park Savannah, Port-of-Spain.

While he was unable to comment on his interview with the police, Ravi B faced the crowd of exercisers who cheered when he mounted the back of a pick-up truck with instructors.

While performing “Dulari Nanny”, he changed some of the lyrics to “The only time I feel welcome in your family, is when you all forgive me.” He apologised to the crowd saying he was only human.

“You all love me?” he asked, and they shouted, “Yes!” He then performed “Cyah Come”, apologised again and promised to continue to represent chutney soca to the fullest.

Ravi B also apologised profusely during his performance on Tuesday night at Woodford Cafe, MovieTowne, Mucurapo.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 07:48:03 AM »
Ravi B summoned to court
Tuesday, August 16 2011
T&T Newsday

Ravi B summoned to court...A SUMMONS has been issued for self-proclaimed King of Chutney, Ravi B to appear in court next month.

Ravi B, whose real name is Ravi Bissambhar, is expected to appear in the San Fernando Magistrates’ Court on September 27 to answer a charge that he encouraged fans to throw missiles on stage during last February’s Chutney Soca Monarch competition held at Skinner’s Park in San Fernando.

Ravi B is also the lead singer of the chutney band Karma.

The singer who performed “ Ah Cyar Come” was dethroned at this year’s competition. Rikki Jai, however walked away with the first prize of $2 million. Jai performed ‘White Oak and Water’.

Following the performance Ravi entertained fans at the venue during which he allegedly told them to throw objects on the stage if they were dissatisfied with the results.

A hail of water bottles and other objects rained down on the stage. A few days later, Ravi B apologised for his conduct. ASP Carl Ramlal is complainant in the matter.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 01:29:13 PM »
Have him pay ah fine and call dat george... de fella get carried away and apologize, no harm no foul.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 09:11:35 PM »
foregt fine.. tek a facking bullpistle to them.. all dem fackers teking good good indian songs and facking it up..!!!!!!!!!!!!!

war
Black Lives Matter..

1]; } ?>