March 28, 2024, 04:31:56 PM

Author Topic: How to draw a foul...smack yourself in the face.  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
How to draw a foul...smack yourself in the face.
« on: February 25, 2011, 07:53:22 AM »
Source Metro UK

Chile U20 star tries to get opponent sent off by smacking himself in face

In probably the greatest - or should that be worst - attempt to get an opponent sent off ever, Chile U20 star Bryan Carrasco has been caught smacking himself in the face with another player's hand in a bid to win a free-kick.

Bryan Carrasco uses Edson Montano's hand to smack himself in the face Bryan Carrasco (right) of Chile uses Edson Montano's hand to smack himself in the face (Pic: YouTube)

During the South American Under-20s World Cup qualifier between Chile and Ecuador earlier this month, Carrasco decided he would try to fool the officials and get Edson Montano sent off for raising his arms.

With his side losing 1-0 and only 14 minutes of the game remaining, Carrasco used an Ecuador throw-in to position himself behind Montano and hatch his dastardly plan.

As TV replays show, as soon as the throw-in is taken, Carrasco deliberately grabs Montano’s left hand and punches himself straight in the face.

Amazingly, the ridiculous ploy worked.

After throwing himself to the ground, the referee awarded Chile a free-kick and Carrasco quickly jumped to his feet and ran off.

Unfortunately for the 20-year-old (although fortunately for the good game of football), the referee decided to keep his cards in his pockets and decided against booking Montano.

Even worse, TV cameras picked up every second of his brazen act, leaving the match commentators suitably appalled and amused in equal measure.

Slowed down replays show the incident in all its glory, pinpointing the exact moment Carrasco grabs his opponent’s hand and hits himself in the face.

Ultimately, though, his efforts were in vain. The score-line remained the same and Ecuador went on to claim the final South American qualifying spot for the Under-20 World Cup.

Watch Carrasco hitting himself in the face with Montano's hand:

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/856403-chile-u20-star-tries-to-get-opponent-sent-off-by-smacking-himself-in-face#ixzz1Eyk0x1xh

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How to draw a foul...smack yourself in the face.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 09:47:33 AM »
If fifa or the Cilean federation doh suspend he, then this only serves to further laminate football's trend of lacking credibility anymore.  Funny to watch (the laughter from the booth is actually what's funny.) but sad all the same.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 10:44:37 AM »
Saw this on ESPN yesterday and was immediately embarrassed for the sport.  This kind of thing happens everywhere... but it happens with far too much frequency in South and Central American football.  They like to celebrate this kinda shit as "gamesmanship"... my ass.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Simulation ?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 11:56:02 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pIGXAX4wrRE&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pIGXAX4wrRE&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/DTotD-Chile-U-20-player-hits-himself-in-face-wi?urn=sow-325620

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »
As shameful as it is, it's up there with the funniest things I've ever seen in football...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 01:33:39 PM »
As shameful as it is, it's up there with the funniest things I've ever seen in football...

Yuh eh see how he squinge up he face in preparation fuh de lash?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »

Lol this have me equally amused and disgusted.....utter disgrace, but ahahahahahaahhahaa
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 02:14:44 PM »

Yeah he real brace for his self-inflicted burners lol....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 03:48:37 PM »
Hollywood!!!!. Give that man a starring role!!!!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 04:52:13 AM »
Just de odder day ah fella was arguing wid me about saurez, and he was astonished @ my disdain for spanish speakin players. i dislike them BC they're turing the beautiful game into the muggly game by doing anything to win! them seriously fackin up the game and they need to be stopped ASAP.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 08:20:19 AM »
This was very creative though.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 10:05:36 AM »

ENT!!!!!!

It real shameful for trute but ah cyah help but laugh.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>