April 23, 2024, 11:40:32 AM

Author Topic: Shalrie Joseph arrested for trespassing at hotel  (Read 4076 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shalrie Joseph arrested for trespassing at hotel
« on: February 25, 2011, 03:09:22 PM »
Joseph arrested for trespassing at hotel

Revolution captain Shalrie Joseph was sent away from preseason training camp after being arrested for trespassing at the team hotel early Sunday morning.

Joseph was taken to the Orlando Police’s central booking office at 3:31 a.m., according to an arrest affidavit. Trespass is a misdemeanor in Florida, according to police spokeswoman Sergeant Barbara Jones.

Both Joseph and defender Kevin Alston were sent home for disciplinary reasons, according to the team. Alston was not charged.

(continue)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:11:26 PM by Zeppo »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shalrie Joseph arrested for trespassing at hotel
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 05:44:13 PM »
EFF the police!   :devil:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 06:27:22 PM »
Bullshit charges... man I wish I was in Florida.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 02:16:32 AM »
Bullshit is right but it seem like Shalrie have he own share of issues. Hope he can get past that.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 07:08:12 AM »
How do you trespass in a hotel that you are staying in?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 07:28:19 AM »

only in the US  :-\
total f**kery

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 09:24:22 AM »

If you go into a non-public space w/in the hotel ("Employees Only" etc.)... or overstay your visit... or the go beyond the scope of your permitted visit.  There are many ways to trespass... but none of them seem to apply here.  Of course we're not working with the full facts either.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 09:34:45 AM »
Police in the US do this type of shit all the time.....power trip.   

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 09:56:36 AM »
Me? if dem babylon dem come and say break it up and leave...I gone, cause ah know how dey done stupid ahready!

If it had brush line up, dah brush still dey after de babylon leave...seriously though this could be a serious case of police high-handedness....but is not like if Mr. Joseph is ah acolyte;)

http://www.revspress.com/?p=635
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 09:56:47 AM »
Police in the US do this type of shit all the time.....power trip.   

Before people start blaming the police... notice that they asked him to leave and he refused.  Recognizing that they couldn't do anything about it, they then called hotel security, who asked him to leave the stairwell, and apparently he also refused their requests.  It seems to be that he was arrested at the request of the hotel security.  So again, I think the charges are bullshit, but I don't see what the police did here that was wrong... nor do I see anything (on the facts) that Shalrie Joseph did that was wrong.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 11:38:50 AM »
The charges against Joseph still seem like total shit....based on the info given.    This type of thing happened to a friend of mine in syracuse.  He was arrested in the student housing building that he lived in when police broke up a lime in a near by room.  They asked him to leave the building and go home.  He told them that he lived in that building, so liming in front his own door was not a crime.....he got arrested.    You see, when police tell you to jump and you don't ask "how high?", them babylon lookin to arrest you.   Police harass us quite a few times in syracuse.....and im not talking about campus police.      Police can handle things better if they want to.   If they break up a party at a hotel and the people leave the room and the party stop, then their job is done. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:42:12 AM by fatimarima »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 12:27:05 PM »
de link on my post give ah lil more detail bout the incident, like hotel people getting involved and telling the police they didn't want them liming in the stairwell and...anyway read it and see what they had to say.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 12:37:02 PM »
Based on the link from FYZO, It seems like the hotel security was also an ass......but as a professional athlete Joseph should know better.  The police and security could have done better and just leave the man.....but Joseph could have also done better and jus leave.....cause he done know dem security and police is ah pack ah ass.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 03:58:40 PM »
This place gone to hell,reminds me Power Corrupts but absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely!!!!!!

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 08:41:51 AM »
dem kinds ting could never happen in trini...cause presently it hard tuh find police
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 05:12:04 PM »
dem kinds ting could never happen in trini...cause presently it hard tuh find police
true dat  ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Revs’ Joseph disputes arrest
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 10:33:56 AM »
Revs’ Joseph disputes arrest
By Kyle McCarthy (Boston Herald)

Frustration seeped into Shalrie Joseph’s voice as he recounted the tale of his recent arrest.

It is a story that Joseph believes has gone largely untold, though police documents have provided some details regarding the incident.

Joseph and Revolution teammate Kevin Alston were both evicted from the team hotel in Orlando, Fla., on Feb. 20 after police officers responded to a complaint about a room party attended by the two players in the early hours of that Sunday morning, according to reports and trespass warrants issued by the Orlando police department. After Joseph failed to leave the premises in a timely manner and milled around in a hotel stairway, he was arrested for trespassing, according to the police report.

In contrast to the official version of events, Joseph said his actions should not have led to his arrest.

“The situation is that I didn’t do anything,” Joseph said. “Somebody yelled at me in a voice that I didn’t like, the way I was being talked to. He was kind of talking down to me and he was being very racist. I talked back to him and we got into a yelling match. I ended up on the wrong side of it.”

The incident prompted the Revolution to ship Joseph and Alston back to the Boston area for disciplinary reasons, but the team’s response to the situation did not satisfy Joseph. Instead of asking both players for their take on events, Joseph said the Revolution technical staff acted without consulting him about the punitive measure or establishing lines of communication.

“We should have had a dialogue from Day 1 with the Revolution coaches, the staff and everything,” Joseph said. “That should have been the first process before I even got sent home. Then we could take it from there with whatever punishment they need (to give me) for my behavior, then fine, I’ll take it. But they never actually asked me what happened and they punished Kevin for something he didn’t even do. It’s not something I really approve of.”

Joseph also noted that while he should have returned to his room after going out for dinner and drinks with training slated for the next morning, there was no curfew issued for the evening.

Revolution vice president of player personnel Michael Burns declined to comment given the ongoing league investigation into the matter. Alston did not respond to a request for comment.

Joseph returned to the practice field yesterday as he and his teammates completed the first of three sessions in Foxboro before heading off to Kennesaw, Ga., for the next stage of training camp Thursday, but he awaits news about potential league discipline regarding the incident.

MLS commissioner Don Garber — or a designee of his choice — holds jurisdiction over potential disciplinary actions for off-the-field incidents. The league is in the second stage of a four-step review process as mandated by the collective bargaining agreement. League officials must speak with the involved players as part of the process, and Joseph said he expects to discuss the situation with MLS officials in the next day or two as Garber contemplates possible sanctions.

“I just want them to hear my side of the story,” Joseph said. “I don’t think I can get punished for what I did. I acted appropriately in terms of the situation I was in. That’s what I’m going to tell them. Hopefully, it goes my way.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 01:15:52 PM »
well dat settles dat then, Shalrie say he didn't do anything...the cops were racist, ah wonder if they was black or white :)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 02:51:54 PM »
Since when police can just order a big hard back man to go to his room?  This is lunacy! Unless there is more to this story, Shalrie will win this case hands down.  He could be ordered to be quiet and not disturb other residents but not to go to his room. They must be crazy!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 03:29:17 PM »
Since when police can just order a big hard back man to go to his room?  This is lunacy! Unless there is more to this story, Shalrie will win this case hands down.  He could be ordered to be quiet and not disturb other residents but not to go to his room. They must be crazy!

Hotel security can order you out of the stairwell and to your room... unless you'd rather leave the premises.  Shalrie Joseph problem is that it sounds like he didn't like how the police talk to him and decide then and there that he not complying with anything anybody tell him.

1]; } ?>