March 28, 2024, 07:09:12 AM

Author Topic: Ombudsman for TTFF?  (Read 1666 times)

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Ombudsman for TTFF?
« on: February 27, 2011, 01:07:02 PM »
Is it time for the judge to assign an Ombudsman to the TTFF to ensure best practices in sports administration are followed? Who would be a good candidate?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ombudsman for TTFF?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 01:11:28 PM »
Is it time for the judge to assign an Ombudsman to the TTFF to ensure best practices in sports administration are followed? Who would be a good candidate?

LP gr8 candidate Shaka and Brent will recommend him.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 01:17:22 PM »
And you can recommend Wim.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 01:18:53 PM »
LP would do a good job
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 01:24:32 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 01:40:17 PM »
I think George Hislop or Raymond Tim Kee would be a better candidates. LP could handle the player and coaching development items but you need someone with a legal and business background to handle the TTFF mess.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 01:54:49 PM »
George Hislop is a good choice. And LP should be kept on to see what he can offer under a better supported team, I believe he does not shine because of the present people incharge, but he will be watched.

I know for sure through Flex that he is a decent guy, but from my personal knowing, I believe he could do more.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 02:19:29 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 05:04:59 PM »

No need he had enough of the coconut trees he leave that 2 Gibbs
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 05:13:19 PM »
I suggest a FIFA VP as a apecial advisor...   ::)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 05:19:26 PM »
An ombudsman can only be appointed to mediate and settle the ongoing dispute. The court cannot appoint an ombudsman to overseer the TTFF.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 05:21:29 PM »

No need he had enough of the coconut trees he leave that 2 Gibbs

Good one.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 05:24:29 PM »
An ombudsman can only be appointed to mediate and settle the ongoing dispute. The court cannot appoint an ombudsman to overseer the TTFF.
Is that according to T&T law? What if there is a settlement, both parties should be able to agree to one if they choose?  I know the position is not only used for mediation but as an facilitator of transparency. This is seen with many newspapers.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 01:13:30 PM »
George Hislop would be a good choice, but, with respect, I think you need someone younger. I would go with Kelvin Jack. Has a university degree, has travelled extensively, and will not tolerate (even from friends and teammates) any straying from the law.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 01:17:47 PM »
Is that according to T&T law? What if there is a settlement, both parties should be able to agree to one if they choose?  I know the position is not only used for mediation but as an facilitator of transparency. This is seen with many newspapers.

An ombudsman's role it to give voice to the public.  For instance, back when the TnT gov't had an Ombudsman (Overand Padmore was one), the public could take its grievances against the gov't to him and he would try to get the issues resolved.  Same for the newspaper ombudsmen... the role is to provide redress to the readership.  MEP is correct (if my understanding of the role is proper), there is no oversight authority and the TTFF would not be obligated (certainly as a private organization) to report to that person.

The role you are looking for is either the Minister of Sport or one of his Permanent Secretaries... they are the ones who should be charged with overseeing public expenditure on sports.  This is particularly so since the Minister of Sports is largely a ceremonial role anyways.

1]; } ?>