March 28, 2024, 09:44:42 AM

Author Topic: U-20s step up preparations ahead of World Cup qualifiers  (Read 4138 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-20s step up preparations ahead of World Cup qualifiers
« on: March 02, 2011, 04:44:04 PM »
U-20s step up preparations ahead of World Cup qualifiers.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 20 footballers will step up their preparations for the upcoming Concacaf final round of qualifiers for the 2011 FIFA Under 20 World Cup with training camps in Colombia, Panama and Costa Rica.

A 22-man squad under head coach Zoran Vranes will depart for Cali, Colombia on March 5 and will play five training matches until March 22 before heading over to Panama and Costa Rica to play matches against those country’s Under 20 teams.

Vranes will announce his final traveling squad on Wednesday night following a training match against Defence Force at the Larry Gomes Stadium.

The TTFF, in spite of financial challenges, has pull out the stops to ensure the adequate funding is in place for the team’s preparations as it seeks a second consecutive qualification for the FIFA Youth World Cup after appearing at the 2009 Finals in Egypt.

“It’s very important for us to have these training camps before we head to Guatemala,” Vranes told TTFF Media.

“We have the ability to qualify but we cannot take our preparations for granted and as such I am thankful that every effort is being made by the TTFF and Mr Warner to ensure the boys get a fair amount of preparations before the tournament.

We are lacking a bit in terms of international experience and  these games are crucial and will benefit us a whole lot in this way,” Vranes added. T&T faces Cuba in its opening match on March 30 and face Mexico on April 1 in Guatemala City.

Defending champion Costa Rica will begin play March 30 against Guadeloupe preceding the T&T/Cuba encounter. Crossover quarterfinals will be start April 5, with the winner of Group C facing the runner-up from Group D and vice versa.

Likewise, the winners of Groups A and B will play their counterpart runners-up the following day.

The semifinals are scheduled for April 8 with the championship and third-place game two days later. The quarterfinals will decide CONCACAF's berths for the Under-20 World Cup, with the four winners qualifying for the July 29-August 20 event in Colombia.

Groups

Group A: Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica
Group B: United States, Panama, Suriname
Group C: Canada, Costa Rica, Guadeloupe
Group D: Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:40:14 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-20s step up preparations ahead of World Cup qualifiers
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 05:21:38 PM »
U-20s step up preparations ahead of World Cup qualifiers
TTFF Media

The TTFF, in spite of financial challenges, has pull out the stops to ensure the adequate funding is in place for the team’s preparations

LOL

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 06:02:13 PM »
The TTFF, in spite of financial challenges, has pull out the stops to ensure the adequate funding is in place for the team’s preparations as it seeks a second consecutive qualification for the FIFA Youth World Cup after appearing at the 2009 Finals in Egypt. “It’s very important for us to have these training camps before we head to Guatemala,” Vranes told TTFF Media.

Why wasn't this done for the U-17 team?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 07:43:44 PM »

Wait, you is ah Hero Warrior and still asking them questions ? with the TTFF anything possible, this story might change a few times before the qualifiers start, just go with the flow and you will feel no pain......  8)

If they say de Bull full, then de Bull full...  ;D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:48:15 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 07:59:18 PM »
I hope they have weights in they hand while stepping up.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 08:34:55 PM »

Wait, you is ah Hero Warrior and still asking them questions ? with the TTFF anything possible, this story might change a few times before the qualifiers start, just go with the flow and you will feel no pain......  8)

Yuh feel me eh know? :devil:.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 09:13:36 PM »

Yuh feel me eh know? :devil:.

Flex, what is a full bull?  :rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 08:35:32 AM »
the team leave yet ??
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Vranes expects much from Colombia camp
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 05:40:23 AM »
Vranes expects much from Colombia camp.
T&T Express Reports.

A 22-man Trinidad and Tobago Under 20 squad arrived in Cali, Colombia yesterday to begin a live-in training camp ahead of their Concacaf Under 20 World Cup qualifying tournament later this month in Guatemala City.

Under head coach Zoran Vranes, the squad will stay for 15 days in Cali during which time they will play five training games. They journey to Panama and Costa Rica for two other friendlies before heading to Guatemala City for their opening qualifying match against Cuba on March 30. They face Mexico two days later.

The squad is captained by San Juan Jabloteh defender Sheldon Bateau who returned home recently from a trial with American Major League Soccer club Sporting Kansas.

Vranes' squad also includes young but experienced defender Joevin Jones who has made eleven appearances for the T&T Senior team.

Players such as Akeem Adams and Marcus Joseph who appeared for T&T at the previous Under-20 World Cup in Egypt, as well as W Connection striker Shahdon Winchester are also in the mix.

Vranes is anticipating the next few weeks as he expects the squad possesses the necessary experience and ability to progress to the World Cup in Colombia.

"We have a lot of players with potential and experience to take us to another World Cup. But everything is not paper as you know, it's what we do out there on the playing field and this is why I say that the next couple of weeks will be very important for us," Vranes told TTFF Media.

"This camp is going to tell us a lot and will be very useful especially as we have a good squad of players together. With the right application and good discipline I think we will be ready to go to Guatemala and achieve the results to take us forward," Vranes added.

TTFF President Oliver Camps emphasised that the Federation will be do their best to ensure the team is prepared in the best way possible.

"It's a costly outing to prepare a national team but we have to ensure the team is up to scratch in terms of its readiness for the qualification phase because they are on the verge of qualifying for a second consecutive World Cup at the Under-20 level," Camps said.

"Despite the financial challenges that the Federation is facing we want to still ensure that our national teams do not suffer.

We again have to depend on Mr Jack Warner for his assistance for which we are grateful but overall there is much room for additional assistance as it's the only way possible for our national teams to get the necessary exposure and preparation if we are to make it through to the various World Cups."

The Concacaf tournament runs from March 28 to April 10. It will be a 12-team tournament, the preliminary round of which will involve four three-team groups to determine who advances to the quarter-finals.

The four semi-finalists will qualify for the FIFA U-20 World Cup.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 06:39:48 AM by Flex »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 11:46:54 AM »
Hey Vranes, why isn't Chike Sullivan on your team. The kid is only 19, and very talented from I have read and heard?

WTF?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 11:59:32 AM »
Hey Vranes, why isn't Chike Sullivan on your team. The kid is only 19, and very talented from I have read and heard?

WTF?

i believe  school .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 12:00:05 PM »
Anyone has the Colombia U20 squad list

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 06:32:25 PM »
Anyone has the Colombia U20 squad list

From Newday.co.tt

John Thomas, Stefan Berkley (goalkeepers); Dinell Lopez, Ross Russell, Joevin Jones, Akil Clarke, Jeron Morris, Weslie John, Dwight Ceballo, Akeem Adams, Kevin Raymond (defenders); Sheldon Bateau, Alex Knaggs, Marcus Joseph, Isaiah Melville-Ferguson, Kenaz Williams, Jerron Quashie, Cordell Cato, Ryan Fredericks (midfielders); Shahdon Winchester, Johan Peltier, Jerrel Britto (strikers).

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 05:51:20 AM »
U-20s win big vs Colombian youth team.
T&T Express Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago's national Under-20 men's team began their Colombia training camp on a winning note with a convincing 6-1 victory over the Cali Valle Under-20 Selecion in Cali on Tuesday night.

The game was played over two halves of 60 minutes each, allowing T&T head coach Zoran Vranes to use each of his 22 players for at least an hour on the pitch.

Marcus Joseph sent the visitors ahead in the 32nd minute with a well-taken free kick and he doubled the lead in the 42nd minute from the penalty spot after Kenaz Williams was brought down.

The hosts pulled a goal back in the 62nd minute but T&T continued to enjoy the better of the exchanges and went further ahead in the 90th minute through Ross Russell Jr.

Jerrel Britto notched a double in the 101st and 114th from the penalty spot, while Kevin Raymond also netted in the 112th.

Vranes was pleased with his team's finishing on the evening.

"We took all our chances well and I'm satisfied with that," he told Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation media officer Shaun Fuentes.

"We created some good opportunities and that's important for us. They were not that easy a team to face but we took control of the game and it's good for a visiting team like us to come here and completely dominate.

It's good for our confidence too. Of course we cannot get carried away because we have to focus on the bigger games in Guatemala.

"Right now we are focusing on getting match ready and the games here will play a crucial part in our preparations."

T&T face Cuba in their opening CONCACAF final round qualifier on March 30 and Mexico two days later as they attempt to qualify for the 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup to be hosted in Colombia.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 09:06:57 AM »
Good news.
Ah could tell ah lil thirsty for some good news from my football, ah read dis and started thinking, maybe we could go to dis tournament and DOMINATE and eh ha to scrape through.

When was de last time dat happen, has it ever happened???
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 09:40:50 AM »
'We hit dem for six' is now a literal phrase...congrats to them, big confidence booster
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 10:18:53 AM »
Allyuh Vranes happy now..... ah hope he sing de same song when de real test start...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 12:18:58 PM »
I am surprised that J. Vance didnt make this team and I. Mejias and Chad Appoo fell of the footballing planet. Wow. A talent is a terrible thing to waste
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 12:34:23 PM »
I am surprised that J. Vance didnt make this team and I. Mejias and Chad Appoo fell of the footballing planet. Wow. A talent is a terrible thing to waste

Chad Appoo has enough talent to walk on to that squad any day its just if they give him a chance and forget about that "he to small to play football" ting

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 12:35:17 PM »

Chad Appoo has enough talent to walk on to that squad any day its just if they give him a chance and forget about that "he to small to play football" ting

j vance and mejias to old

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 07:18:08 PM »
Britto double guides T&T to second win.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 20 footballers completed their second straight win of their training camp in Cali, Colombia with a 3-1 victory over Depor FC on Thursday evening.

The match proved to be a more challenging one than their previous 6-1 win over the Cali outfit a couple days earlier with the Zoran Vranes-coached outfit getting goals from Jerrel Britto in the 28th and 49th minutes and  Alex Knaggs in the 81st minute.

The homeside got on the scoresheet in the 69th minute which made the game 2-1 in favour of T&T at that point with both teams engaging in a stiff physical battle before Knaggs increased T&T’s advantage in the closing ten minutes.

W Connection Shahdon Winchester missed the game through injury while Jerron Morris was also out. Both players are expected to return to action in the coming week.

“This game was a more challenging one for us,” Vranes told TTFF Media. “But this is good. It meant we had a chance to see some different things and to use a couple different players also. I thought physically we were good because the other team were strong in that area and were also organized.

I think we are heading in the right direction and I’m seeing progress. I do not want for us to play our best football at this stage because we still have to focus on the games in Guatemala. What we are doing now is preparing for Cuba and Mexico,” Vranes added.

T&T faces Cuba on March 30 and Mexico on April 1 at the Concacaf Final round in Guatemala City. Four teams from the 12-team tournament advances to the 2011 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Colombia.

The teams in the other competing groups include hosts Guatemala, Jamaica, Panama, Costa Rica, USA, Canada, Suriname, Honduras and Guadeloupe.

T&T line up: - John Thomas (Stefan Berkely 46th), Dwight Ceballo, Weslie John, Akil Clarke, Akeem Adams, Joevin Jones (Ross Russell Jr. 60th), Sheldon Bateau (Jerron Quashie 60th), Kenaz Williams (Alex Knaggs 60th), Marcus Joseph (Cordell Cato 60th), Jerrel Britto (Isaiah Fergusson 60th), Johan Peltier (Ryan Fredericks 65th).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 07:25:51 PM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 04:52:27 AM »
U-20s look to rebound in Colombia tour.
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T’s Under-20 footballers will be keen to get back to winning ways on their 15-day tour of Colombia when they come up against America Cali Reserves from 4 pm (TT 5pm) today.

This will be followed by matches against Cortula Cali (Thursday) and Americas First Team on Sunday for the Zoran Vranes-coached team to close out its South American tour as they continue preparations for the Concacaf Under-20 Championship in Guatemala City, later this month.

In Guatemala, T&T faces Cuba and Mexico in group play in the 12-team tournament. After starting the tour with wins over Cali Valle (6-1) and Depor FC (3-1), the Sheldon Bateau captain young Soca Warriors went under to Deportivo Cali, a First Division club, 2-1 on Saturday.

This, after Marcus Joseph had fired T&T ahead only for Cali to equalise on the stroke of half-time before snatching the winner in the final minute.

Speaking after a training session yesterday, Vranes said the tour was going according to plan. “Everything is great so far except for a few guys still carrying slight injuries.

The Yugoslav-born Vranes noted that defender Akeem Adams who missed the last match on Saturday due to injury may see some action today along with W Connection striker Shahdon Winchester and Joe Public defender Jerron Morris.

“They came through the practice session this morning (yesterday) and I am satisfied that they are ready to resume competitive play.

Following today’s match, the T&T team will play one more war-up match in Colombia on Saturday before heading to Honduras on March 22 to face that country’s youth team on the 23 and 25.

This after scheduled matches with Panama and Costa Rica were called off. “We will not be going to Panama as previously stated as they have arranged a match with Cuba instead and did not wanted to play two tough matches before going to Guatemala.

“Our technical staff also felt it was wise to go ahead with the scheduled warm-up match against the Costa Ricans because we could end up facing them in the quarterfinals.

In Guatemala, T&T will open its three-team group series against Cuba on March 30 before facing  Mexico two days later as they attempt to qualify for the Fifa Under-20 World Cup to be hosted in Colombia later this year.

The 12-team Concacaf tournament runs from March 28 to April 10 with the teams divided into four groups of three for the preliminary round from which the top two will qualify for the quarterfinals.

The four semi-finalists will qualify for the Fifa Under-20 World Cup. So far, the Asian confederation and UEFA have completed their qualifying competitions with Australia, Korea Republic, Korea DPR, Saudia Arabia, England, Austria, Portugal, Croatia, France and Spain already booking their spots for Colombia.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 05:06:28 AM »
Wait, this report say the game vs Costa Rica was called off and then in the next sentence it said Our technical staff also felt it was wise to go ahead with the scheduled warm-up match against the Costa Ricans because we could end up facing them in the quarterfinals

Boy, we really have some top writers in T&T sah.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 07:01:23 AM »
"...the Sheldon Bateau captain young Soca Warriors went under to Deportivo Cali, a First Division club, 2-1 on Saturday...."

So let me get this right. The T&T under-20 team lost 2-1 to the first 11 of a team from Colombia's top flight division? If that is the case, then thats an impressive result...I see the columbia top flight league on TV all the time, some decent football is played there.

It also brings into perspective Jamaica's preperations... in their latest game they went under 3-0 to the under-20 squad of Palmieras.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 08:01:31 AM »
I have stopped assuming anything bout TT football so in future I only wait for the results,deep down I am 95%sure that we would lose.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 04:35:44 AM »
Americas Cali stops T&T U-20s 2-1.
By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).

T&T Under-20 footballers suffered a second straight defeat on their 15-day tour of Colombia, beaten 2-1 by America Cali Reserves 2-1 at Americas’ Training Centre, on Tuesday.

Playing with a mostly second-string starting team, the Zoran Vranes-coached young Soca Warriors managed to hold their own for the first-half which ended 0-0.

But two minutes into the second-half, Americas went ahead 1-0 with a goal past substitute T&T goalkeeper John Thomas, who replaced Stefan Berkely midfielder Kenaz Williams was then introduced for Jeron Morris as T&T went in search of the equaliser which eventually came in the 71st minute via speedy striker Cordell Cato after which Johan Peltier was introduced for Ryan Fredericks.

Ten minutes before the final whistle Americas regained the lead which it held until the final whistle to hand T&T Under-20s their second loss in a row after starting the tour with two straight victories.

Defenders Akeem Adams and Jerron Morris along with striker Shahdon Winchester all started the match after missing the previous encounter a 2-1 loss to Deportivo Cali, a First Division club, 2-1 on Saturday.

Today, Vranes and his squad will return to action when it faces Cortula Cali before ending its six match tour against Americas First Team on Sunday as they continue preparations for the Concacaf Under-20 Championship in Guatemala City, later this month.

In Guatemala, T&T faces Cuba and Mexico in group play in the 12-team tournament. In their first two matches, T&T squad captained by Sheldon Bateau registered victories over Cali Valle (6-1) and Depor FC (3-1).

The team leaves Colombia on Tuesday and heads to Honduras to face that country’s youth team on the 23 and 25 after which it travels to Guatemala City.

In Guatemala, T&T will open its three-team group series against Cuba on March 30 before facing Mexico two days later as they attempt to qualify for the Fifa Under-20 World Cup to be hosted in Colombia later this year.

The 12-team Concacaf tournament runs from March 28 to April 10 with the teams divided into four groups of three for the preliminary round from which the top two will qualify for the quarterfinals.

The four semi-finalists will qualify for the Fifa Under-20 World Cup. So far, the Asian confederation and UEFA have completed their qualifying competitions with Australia, Korea Republic, Korea DPR, Saudia Arabia, England, Austria, Portugal, Croatia, France and Spain already booking their spots for Colombia.

T&T team against Americas: Stefan Berkley (John Thomas 46th), Akeem Adams, Dwight Ceballo, Ross Russell Jr, Dinelle Lopez, Jerron Morris (Kenaz Williams 46th), Ryan Fredericks (Johan Peltier 74th), Cordell Cato, Jerron Quashie, Isaiah Fergusson, Shahdon Winchester.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 05:24:57 AM »
keep going....play de fitball
tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>