April 27, 2024, 05:40:51 PM

Author Topic: Local staff for foreign coach.  (Read 5713 times)

Offline WarriorSaint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Local staff for foreign coach.
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 10:00:33 PM »
SIGH.....Sooooooooooo I guess we are officially royally f#cked............

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 01:41:34 AM »
This thread makes me feel like ah six flags. Ah dizzy from the roller coaster and goliath rides
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:46:21 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 06:14:29 AM »
......ah confused.  Ent we wanted ah bess coach??  Pfist full of dollars is not a bess coach??  Oh dear  :o yuh mean we not going Brazil??....how terrible!!! ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2011, 06:35:18 AM »
More importantly than giving him staff, is getting him players.   ::)   Flex do yuh thing.

That's funny, because everytime I send a list to certain men working in the TTFF they send it to another man and nothing never gets done. Its a passing game and no one wants to take the responsibility.

And hear the worst, they send me a request in the first place to get these players and then they just pass it on....  ;)

Its a big papi-show !!!!
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2011, 07:05:53 AM »
More importantly than giving him staff, is getting him players.   ::)   Flex do yuh thing.

That's funny, because everytime I send a list to certain men working in the TTFF they send it to another man and nothing never gets done. Its a passing game and no one wants to take the responsibility.

And hear the worst, they send me a request in the first place to get these players and then they just pass it on....  ;)

Its a big papi-show !!!!

Daiz because dey never had ah good comprehensive scouting setup, and dey doh have ah proper protocol/procedure fuh fielding player inquiries.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2011, 07:57:06 AM »

Its a big papi-show !!!!

What a hell of a thing Flex. A bunch of old men who stuck in the 60's as far a technology goes.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2011, 08:57:32 AM »
Daiz because dey never had ah good comprehensive scouting setup, and dey doh have ah proper protocol/procedure fuh fielding player inquiries.

I hear yuh Tallman and you are 100% correct.

My question is, I/we will help in this situation but does the TTFF want help ? especially from us, no ! They do not have the protocol/procedure for fielding player inquiries and looks like they not interested.

Infact the only man who follow up on all my requests and links have been Mr Lincoln Phillips, but there is only so much he can do because the TTFF have limit him.

Believe me guys, I understand everyone point here and I agree to some extent because he will gets the bad name because of who he works for, but I am sure if given a chance to really take charge and do things differently he would in a heart beat.

If LP retires tomorrow from the TTFF nothing will change. These four guys are very destructive (Gorden, Corneal, Shabaaz and Look Loy) and they are here for the next 4 plus years. They may know about the game, the problem is, they are not professional about their jobs and only focus on certain things.

Who could piss further !!!!!!!!! when we all should be on the same page.

You cannot do one thing and expect change, its a process, you need to build a team off the field not just on the field.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:02:34 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2011, 09:02:51 AM »
Who elects these 4 men? Or does Jack appoint them? If there were elections then that can be a way out...

Otherwise, with this setup there is no way we are going to Brazil. I'm sorry but thats the stone-cold truth.
Hart for president

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2011, 09:05:08 AM »
Who elects these 4 men? Or does Jack appoint them? If there were elections then that can be a way out...

Otherwise, with this setup there is no way we are going to Brazil. I'm sorry but thats the stone-cold truth.

Nobody knows how they get elected and when is elections.

Furthermore, yes, we are capable of going Brazil but thats if concacaf gets 8 spots..... ;D

PS: On a serious note, I hate to sound negative all the time, but we are not doing things right, however, its not to late.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2011, 09:23:40 AM »

Furthermore, yes, we are capable of going Brazil but thats if concacaf gets 8 spots..... ;D

PS: On a serious note, I hate to sound negative all the time, but we are not doing things right, however, its not to late.

We so good I feel Brazil will com tuh we yes.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2011, 01:00:51 PM »

Its a big papi-show !!!!

Dey have internet connection?  The 'scouting' on here miles ahead of what they currently doin

Bess they use this site as a full bore resource and done oui
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2011, 01:16:32 PM »

We so good I feel Brazil will com tuh we yes.

:rotfl:

Its a big papi-show !!!!

Dey have internet connection?  The 'scouting' on here miles ahead of what they currently doin

Bess they use this site as a full bore resource and done oui

If dey do is dial up.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 08:43:04 AM »
What a big bowl of crap !!!!!!!!!!!......

No wonder we could never have any success.

Its always a hand down and with the locals they are always pinching at everything, from players to coaches, these locals have to earn whatever selection that is presented to them and not inherit one because they feeling sorry for them.

The locals need to go through the channels, from step A to step Z. (IE: Stephan Hart, Dennis Lawrence)....

I say if you want to expose the local coaches, then why not start them off at youth level as assistants and then let them work their way up. ?

Leo Beenhakker didn't allowed this when he first came to T&T. (IE: Russell Latapy).

Francisco Maturana also didn't allowed this but was forced and paid the ultimate price. (IE: Russell Latapy).

Furthermore, wether foreign or local, a coach must be allowed to bring in or, choose his own staff and not have one presented to him sort off like: dam if you do, dam if you dont...

To many old heads working for the TTFF who do not do their homeworks or just make impulsive decisions. They are not moving with the times at all. They want to hire a big name and try to change his thinking to theirs.... working for the TTFF you have to think upside down....

Again, its very simple, we are continuing to walk the same path and then we are expecting different. If you plant a corn seed you wouldn't get a mango tree.

The TTFF wants to have their hands in everything, just leave whoever it is to do their job, there is a time and place for everything, you will get your chance, but at least give the coach a chance to fail at his will.

PS: More than likely, Otto Pfister will get the job ? so we hire a German coach and we learing the Dutch system, this oath to be interesting. If you are going to spend millions, at least make it worthwhile....

:applause:  :applause:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2011, 11:02:13 AM »
A bike in a garage maketh not a car. A 73 year old looking for a paycheque and will take anything.
 Brazil here we come ? riding on a donkey or is it a Jack-ass

1]; } ?>