April 27, 2024, 04:44:58 AM

Author Topic: Latapy & Locals in TT Football, Want to Run before they Creep in Int'l Football  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
I don't know whats wrong with people back home, but for some odd reason they feel as if they are always at an international level when most of them not even at the highest local level.

I have always seen this insecurity and it hinders everything in TT, from football to everyday life and government. They need to wake up, the best TT coaches and many others in different fields are living abroad. They lack in management and vision home, PERIOD.

They may have immense talent in terms of players locally but they don't have the people with the experience and intelligence to harness that talent. When will they ever realize that they are not able to manage and coach the local players to success.

There is very few exceptions to this and it has only happened a few times. Lets take Latapy for example, he thinks he is a class coach, but hes not, he is still at intercol level when it comes to coaching.

When will these guys ever realize that, probably never, thats why our football is at such a low level.

I remember talking to an old friend of mine, andy salandy, and he had a few friends in the US that were trini, that were very successful college coaches and they stated many times that when they tried to make headway in TT, they faced fierce opposition from the locals who were way below their level.

This is the nonsense that happens and this why, our program will always have problems because the locals can't let go and let others who are better, do the best for TT football.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Controversial:
yuh so right absolutely bloody right,%500 right,in other words yuh couldn't be more correct,I am happy when we people at "home" are told of their short comings.Yuh meet these Trinis everywhere,shops,banks,post office,airport and many other areas of life,they all appear as they know everything.Every Trini should live and work in England,Canada or the US for a while, they may learn a thing or 2.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
very successful college coaches and they stated many times that when they tried to make headway in TT, they faced fierce opposition from the locals who were way below their level.

Contro,
          Explain yourselves when you say locals. Meaning all the local coaches(club, colleges, TTFF)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I have met and spoken to quite a few average ppl here, and I can safely conclude yuh wrong. It is that incorrect conclusion you have come too that actually causes a rift between the local and the foreign TT fan, which cause a lack of union of the interested parties in developing all things TT . Not everything is black & white, there are many shades of grey, and many colours that make up that which is the organization of not just football but the society of TT. Many ppl are aware, but few have little control, and those few use these misconceptions and these trini beliefs - foregien & local - that they are the only ones that have the only solution to control all of everybody. Discipline, production, tolerance ... There cannot be no them in WE... 1st there must be only WE...just my individual opinion, and that is neither special nor unique either
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 08:51:42 PM by maxg »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
I have met and spoken to quite a few average ppl here, and I can safely conclude yuh wrong. It is that incorrect conclusion you have come too that actually causes a rift between the local and the foreign TT fan, which cause a lack of union of the interested parties in developing all things TT . Not everything is black & white, there are many shades of grey, and many colours that make up that which is the organization of not just football but the society of TT. Many ppl are aware, but few have little control, and those few use these misconceptions and these trini beliefs - foregien & local - that they are the only ones that have the only solution to control all of everybody. Discipline, production, tolerance ... There cannot be no them in WE... 1st there must be only WE...just my individual opinion, and that is neither special nor unique either

On the money!
There's too much them & we, too much foreign versus local Trini and all that BS!!
That's the problem!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I still trying to straighten things out here. If a "foreign TT' coach going home to impart his knowledge, what will he faced. Is he going to apply for a job with TTFF(trouble)? A club, Jab, Connection, a school, Saints, Gustine, Princess Town? Or a coaching school, St. Clair or La foucade? I don't know if the coaches of TT has a organization that is effective. Which football organization was hostile to him. The only people who scew you or ignore you, is TTFF.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
I don't know whats wrong with people back home, but for some odd reason they feel as if they are always at an international level when most of them not even at the highest local level.

I wonder if our players are guilty of this as well.

1]; } ?>