March 28, 2024, 04:50:16 PM

Author Topic: Libyan Rebels.  (Read 15813 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Libyan Rebels.
« on: March 03, 2011, 04:25:58 PM »
So the world is supporting the rebels in Libya and now they want to charge Gadafi with human atrocities,I find it strange that it took these Europeans years to get Milosovic to the Hague and his atrocities were way,way above Gadafi's.Gadafi is fighting a war against armed civilians in case people didn't notice,do they expect him to fight them with water cannons,from what I see they look like soldiers.This is the same Gadafi that Blair and the rest was hugging up just a few months ago.This seems like hypocricy to me,Mubarak carried on for 30 years and not a sound from them.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Libyan Rebels.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 05:10:50 PM »
The end of the rope for Moamar.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 06:42:01 PM »
Its more to do with oil than Moamar matey.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 08:19:35 PM »
Its more to do with oil than Moamar matey.

Are we surprised by that. Oil is always in the mix.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 06:30:39 AM »
Frico join d

I dont understand link.....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 07:45:08 AM »
WAR

susan rice wear ah impressive green suit to make she 'case' for no fly zone
colin powell wear ah nice suit to make he 'case' for WMD
ergo
black people in nice suits are warmongers
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 08:34:25 AM »
WAR

ergo

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Operation Odyssey Dawn has started. Libya under attack !
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 09:45:59 PM »
Operation Odyssey Dawn. Launches Military Strikes In Libya. This is only the first phase with several more to come in the days ahead according to CNN

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2011/03/operation-odyssey-dawn-everyones-just-waiting-.html
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:19:04 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Re: Operation Odyssey Dawn has started. Libya under attack !
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 10:31:12 PM »
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 09:35:13 AM »
Things are going to become more volatile as the war intensifies.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/03/19/libya-attack-world-reaction.html

This campaign is already being condemned by other influential political actors.

:-\

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 01:41:53 PM »

thanks for this kaliman cuz I was just losing hope in this planet. No fly over libya 24 hrs coverage on cnn.  Yes-Fly-zone over pakistan and afghanistan, fire rockets into scores of people - guilty by association.  Same ting in Gaza last year right? Flawless intelligence, execute them fellas one time. maybe a paragraph or two in the news. i mean, what is the standard really? any truth and right? any hope? any righteousness? any love? what should I tell my children? any God? anybody who believe in God?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 07:46:56 PM »

Other "influential political actors" like who... these jokers?

Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said China "consistently disagrees with the use of force in international relations" and expressed "regret" over the Saturday attacks.

China only disagrees with the use of force when such use of force is disagreeable to its own interest.  It damn sure didn't disagree with the use of force against protesters in Tianamen Sq. and in "international relations" it didn't disagree with the use of force against Taiwan, in the Korean peninsula and in sending MIGs to shoot down a Korean Air Liner that happened to stray into its airspace.

or...

maybe yuh talking about Chavez... who supported FARC's use of force in Columbia.  Or maybe yuh mean Russia, who supported use of force in Afghanistan for years and three years ago invaded neighboring Georgia.

thanks for this kaliman cuz I was just losing hope in this planet. No fly over libya 24 hrs coverage on cnn.  Yes-Fly-zone over pakistan and afghanistan, fire rockets into scores of people - guilty by association.  Same ting in Gaza last year right? Flawless intelligence, execute them fellas one time. maybe a paragraph or two in the news. i mean, what is the standard really? any truth and right? any hope? any righteousness? any love? what should I tell my children? any God? anybody who believe in God?

Exactly what you complaining about?  In enforcing a no-fly zone they bombing Libyan military institutions, they not killing people indiscriminately.  What that have to do with what going on in Pakistan?  Even if yuh want to argue that Americans killing innocent Pakistanis, at least we could say these are accidental (or even fuh argument's sake... careless) deaths.  Ghadaffi DELIBERATELY killing innocent people.  You really complaining that the world should bury its head in the sand and not do anything about it?  Allyuh men can't be serious.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 09:38:26 PM »
well have fun livin in that bubble eh sir.  I know is too much cognitive conflict for you to wrap yuh brain around your beloved country doing wrong. Cruise missile strikes and no civilians dead? google eh partner. I myself thought the libyan military was fighting a civil war against an armed faction in the country...maybe you have some info to the contrary.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 09:49:05 PM »
well have fun livin in that bubble eh sir.  I know is too much cognitive conflict for you to wrap yuh brain around your beloved country doing wrong. Cruise missile strikes and no civilians dead? google eh partner. I myself thought the libyan military was fighting a civil war against an armed faction in the country...maybe you have some info to the contrary.

Well yuh know what they say... thought make ah man shit all over he keyboard.  Yuh juss crawl out yuh hole or what... yuh miss de part where Ghaddafi's troops opened fire on peaceful unarmed protesters to set off de "civil war" or what?  If people can't peacefully gather to protest injustices without foreign mercenaries hired by their "beloved" leader killing them... what yuh want them to do, pull ah Tianamen Sq. and lie dong in front ah tanks?  After a while you have to pick up arms and fight back for your rights.  As the saying goes, better to die on yuh feet than to live on yuh knees. 

But doh study dat... dat might be too much "cognitive conflict" fuh your overmatched brain to contemplate.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 09:25:37 AM »

Other "influential political actors" like who... these jokers?

Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said China "consistently disagrees with the use of force in international relations" and expressed "regret" over the Saturday attacks.

China only disagrees with the use of force when such use of force is disagreeable to its own interest.  It damn sure didn't disagree with the use of force against protesters in Tianamen Sq. and in "international relations" it didn't disagree with the use of force against Taiwan, in the Korean peninsula and in sending MIGs to shoot down a Korean Air Liner that happened to stray into its airspace.

yuh realize yuh answer yur own question here.

WAR

ergo

in this case, it might be WOMEN in nice suits - clinton and rice are de hawks pushing for air strikes.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 10:15:10 AM »
While I respect that the American and European interests would like to see democracy prevail in Libya, I think that the decision to launch a military offensive against the Libyan state is premature and very dangerous. It would have been better for them to request direct talks with Gaddafi and to try to push emergency elections since there is a significant segment of the Libyan citizenry that is dissatisfied with Gaddafi's rule.

Invading a country, presumably to oust its ruler (I am not even sure what the military objectives of the European and American forces are), amounts to nothing more than a state-sanctioned coup d'etat.

I am not sure if this is a policy that should become the norm in the internaitonal political sphere.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 10:44:35 AM »
While I respect that the American and European interests would like to see democracy prevail in Libya, I think that the decision to launch a military offensive against the Libyan state is premature and very dangerous. It would have been better for them to request direct talks with Gaddafi and to try to push emergency elections since there is a significant segment of the Libyan citizenry that is dissatisfied with Gaddafi's rule.

Invading a country, presumably to oust its ruler (I am not even sure what the military objectives of the European and American forces are), amounts to nothing more than a state-sanctioned coup d'etat.

I am not sure if this is a policy that should become the norm in the internaitonal political sphere.

The "invasion" is to enforce the UN authorized no-fly zone.  Ghadaffi was strafing the protesters so if you negate the air abilities (which the protesters don't have) you even the playing field.  In order to do so however you have to take out the Libyan SAM capacity... hence the bombing.  There are no foreign troops on the ground (except for Ghadaffi's South African mercenaries... how come nobody talking about that?) so this is not an "invasion".

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 11:00:34 AM »

The "invasion" is to enforce the UN authorized no-fly zone.  Ghadaffi was strafing the protesters so if you negate the air abilities (which the protesters don't have) you even the playing field.  In order to do so however you have to take out the Libyan SAM capacity... hence the bombing.  There are no foreign troops on the ground (except for Ghadaffi's South African mercenaries... how come nobody talking about that?) so this is not an "invasion".

Fair enough

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 11:27:07 AM »

I thought that mercenary myth get debunked long time

As for no foreign troops on the ground
http://greysguns.blogspot.com/2011/03/british-sas-soldiers-captured-by-libyan.html
and if yuh think dem is the only fellahs dey..yuh dreamin

This is a really sticky situation because there is no defined conclusion...obama say get rid of de man...he military chief of staff dais not what de mission is..

if only rwanda had oil eh
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 11:34:56 AM »

http://greysguns.blogspot.com/2011/03/british-sas-soldiers-captured-by-libyan.html

The comments below point out those pictures are from 2005 in Basra, Iraq and not current. It's a fake story.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 11:46:44 AM »

The comments below point out those pictures are from 2005 in Basra, Iraq and not current. It's a fake story.

:-[

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/07/uk-special-forces-flounder-in-libya/

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 07:18:48 PM »

:-[

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/07/uk-special-forces-flounder-in-libya/

Amazing the lengths allyuh men does go thru yes...

William Hague, the [UK]  foreign secretary, approved the botched plan to send a team of armed diplomats and SAS [Special Air Service] soldiers into eastern Libya in an effort to build diplomatic contacts with anti-Gaddafi rebels.

If you want to make the argument that these "armed diplomats and SAS soldiers" were invading Libya be my guest.  I'm also curious to know when the mercenary "myth" get debunked.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 11:10:04 AM »
If you want to make the argument that these "armed diplomats and SAS soldiers" were invading Libya be my guest.  I'm also curious to know when the mercenary "myth" get debunked.

Lol @ armed diplomats behind lines trying to build contacts…just like dat fellah who kill de two pakistani in pakistan was listed as a "diplomat"

It's amazing, despite your lovely rose coloured glasses you continue to see things in black and white
Btw linky no worky

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 12:20:03 PM »
Btw linky no worky

this look like the link:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/22/gaddafi-mercenary-force-libya

mind yuh, when uncle sam pulling all dem poor-as-dirt mexicans and central americans into de military is ok.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 12:41:36 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jwt5K4KGnkk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Jwt5K4KGnkk</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rw3UcJ0L-w4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rw3UcJ0L-w4</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 01:19:13 PM »
Btw linky no worky

this look like the link:

mind yuh, when uncle sam pulling all dem poor-as-dirt mexicans and central americans into de military is ok.

you like to chook fire eh? lawd

either way I keep  hearing conflicting reports about sub saharan africans who just dey fuh regular labour wukk gettin guns placed in they hands and news people callin them mercenaries
Plenty men from ghana get attacked some killed because of those reports....at least dais what dem poor fellahs in refugee camps sayin when interviewed
who knows they could all be bloodthirsty rambo type killers

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 01:27:51 PM »
slight slip up on another front or is it slip-up... my mistake.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 02:38:46 PM »
Lol @ armed diplomats behind lines trying to build contacts…just like dat fellah who kill de two pakistani in pakistan was listed as a "diplomat"

It's amazing, despite your lovely rose coloured glasses you continue to see things in black and white
Btw linky no worky

It would be silly and suicidal given the current anarchic state for anybody to go into Libya without security/protection.  Just do a search on the 4 New York Times journalist held in captivity for over a week and it should be plain as day for any rational person to understand the need to be armed.

I see you conveniently harping now on the fact that they were armed and ignoring the fact that there was only 8 of them.  Even if you want to argue that they weren't any diplomats among them, it really strains the bounds of credulity to suggest that they were part of any "invasion".  So first it was "foreign troops captured in Libya", that was proved false... yuh den do a quick google and find a next link about 8 foreigners and yuh basing yuh "invasion" argument on that.

We still waiting on yuh "mercenaries myth get debunked" info... no amount ah "glasses" talk could detract from the fact that yuh yet to substantiate the shit yuh talking.

this look like the link:

You on the other hand never make any kinda sense, so this line of reasoning is no surprise.  Foreigners serving in the US military wear uniforms and serve as part of the established chain of command, and they all speak English.  The foreigners in Libya are not part of the loyalist army, speaking french and appear to be acting autonomous, giving rise to the belief among the locals that they are hired guns.  Reasoning was never your strong suit, so this kinda jackass talk is fully to be expected.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2011, 03:04:34 PM »
It would be silly and suicidal given the current anarchic state for anybody to go into Libya without security/protection.  Just do a search on the 4 New York Times journalist held in captivity for over a week and it should be plain as day for any rational person to understand the need to be armed.

I see you conveniently harping now on the fact that they were armed and ignoring the fact that there was only 8 of them.  Even if you want to argue that they weren't any diplomats among them, it really strains the bounds of credulity to suggest that they were part of any "invasion".  So first it was "foreign troops captured in Libya", that was proved false... yuh den do a quick google and find a next link about 8 foreigners and yuh basing yuh "invasion" argument on that.

We still waiting on yuh "mercenaries myth get debunked" info... no amount ah "glasses" talk could detract from the fact that yuh yet to substantiate the shit yuh talking.

Ok you deserve a promotion...yuh elevate yuh rank,,, ah cyah call you just...... Captain America no more..you get promoted to Major Argument.. keep yuh uniform crisp

yes, the pictures were false....but both links alluded to the same story..fact is you said there were no troops on the ground..reality is there were/are and not just them fellahs but more
nobody go send an entire battalion in the early stages...but stay tuned

second...I could google up a bag of articles saying the black mercenary stories are false.
it wouldnt prove anything other than,,nobody actually knows (well except you of course) what the truth is as the place is in chaos at this point.

the 'information' comming out of there is like the info when the iraq war first started....all kinda falsehoods reported in the mainstream press.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2011, 03:39:10 PM »

Ok you deserve a promotion...yuh elevate yuh rank,,, ah cyah call you just...... Captain America no more..you get promoted to Major Argument.. keep yuh uniform crisp

yes, the pictures were false....but both links alluded to the same story..fact is you said there were no troops on the ground..reality is there were/are and not just them fellahs but more
nobody go send an entire battalion in the early stages...but stay tuned

second...I could google up a bag of articles saying the black mercenary stories are false.
it wouldnt prove anything other than,,nobody actually knows (well except you of course) what the truth is as the place is in chaos at this point.

the 'information' comming out of there is like the info when the iraq war first started....all kinda falsehoods reported in the mainstream press.

If the "Captain America" and "Major Argument" talk supposed to get a rise outta me yuh wasting yuh time.  Ah surprise yuh eh accuse mih of being Captain UK and Captain France too.  Is the UN authorize the military action, not the US... but nah, I'z ah rabid warmongering patriot.

You jump in the talk with yuh "links"  and "myth" talk and I refute yuh nonsense so now yuh trying to make this about me looking fuh "argument" I guess.  Fact is I said there were no troops on the ground in specific response to Kaliman saying that people invading Libya to overthrow its leader.  I guess they invading Libya 8 "troops" at a time.

You and Kounty woulda prefer that the world sit idly by and watch Ghaddafi continue to slaughter the protesters... or better yet, protesters shoulda just siddung dey and take bullet and not fight back, ent?

1]; } ?>