March 29, 2024, 05:55:01 AM

Author Topic: Following meeting with TTFF, Boynes takes proposal to PM.  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Following meeting with TTFF, Boynes takes proposal to PM.
« on: October 19, 2005, 03:57:50 PM »
Following meeting with TTFF, Boynes takes proposal to PM.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Minister of Sport Roger Boynes was expected to discuss the proposal handed to him by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation in a meeting on Wednesday afternoon, in a private meeting with Prime Minister Patrick Manning later in the day (Wednesday).
This was divulged Boynes after he met with TTFF President Oliver Camps and Special Advisor and Chairman of LOC Germany 2006 Jack Warner at the Ministry of Sport Offices on Abercromby Street, Port of Spain for just about half hour on Wednesday. Warner headed straight to the meeting after coming off a flight from New York after midday.
Among the matters discussed were the chartering of a flight from Trinidad to Bahrain for the away leg playoff match on November 16, the salaries of head coach Leo Beenhakker and his assistants and incentives, match fees for the players of the Team.
“The meeting saw us discuss several items being mainly further assistance to the National Team as they try to qualify for the next World Cup as well the way forward as it relates to Leo Beenhakker,” Boynes told TTFF Media.
“I was presented with the proposal which was requested from the TTFF and I intend to discuss it with my cabinet shortly so that we will then be in a position to make a commitment as to our further financial commitments.”
“The proposal also dealt with the need to charter a plain from Trinidad to Bahrain and other items as hotel accommodations, matches fees and bonus, and incentives for the players leading up to the World Cup. We have a comprehensive proposal in our hands at the moment,” Boynes stated.
He also mentioned that his Ministry will be meeting with Corporate T&T to get them on board in support of the World Cup effort.
“What we will do is look at what the Government of Trinidad and Tobago can contribute and what corporate T&T pledges to put forward and then we can be in a position to ensure that the needs of the TTFF and our team are satisfied.”
Boynes said because the playoff is such a short time away, he intends to reply to the TTFF on its proposal by this Friday.
“The TTFF has indicated how urgent the situation is and we do intend to follow up as quickly as possible and it is in that light that I will hold discussions with the Prime Minister who I know is  very concerned and keen to support the football and the team’s drive for Germany and he also is the main drive behind the National Sports Policy “ TTFF President Camps later described the meeting as an “amicable” one.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Following meeting with TTFF, Boynes takes proposal to PM.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 05:12:33 PM »
i wonder if das a charter for fans boi?    dey shud send two planes if we sendin charters

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 05:16:05 PM »
i wonder if das a charter for fans boi?    dey shud send two planes if we sendin charters

De charter eh go be no freeco......people go have to PAY!!

;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 05:30:46 PM »
I was called to ask if I wanna go....I dont know the cost, but it know it would not be cheap

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 11:21:53 PM »
The reason for the charter should not be to get fans to the game.
We need to get the team in Bahrain as quickly as we can.
Flying on BeeWee 900 6.30pm on the 13th to London and then connecting to Bahrain, going to mean the team would probably arrive late on the 14th and have only one full day there before the game.
The team has to leave TnT on the morning of the 13th and the only way to do that is a charter direct to Bahrain. The TnT government has to bear the full cost.
This to me will be the biggest issue on the return leg.
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>