March 28, 2024, 04:10:36 PM

Author Topic: Stern John .. my apologies sir!  (Read 2605 times)

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
Stern John .. my apologies sir!
« on: October 13, 2005, 06:24:54 AM »
Stern must be complimented for his resolve last night in being a leader, with his efforts on that pitch last night!  A night to remember.. you have come a long way from the player that would get vex and carry on when you were subbed in a games months back.. true LEADER out there last night..

I am not a professional footballer I am an engineer..so I have no business being critical of your play..you, like me and all of us of this forum, love T & T and do you best for your T&T..so you and the team deserve 100% SUPPORT from the fans, nothing else...

THAT TEAM HAS MADE THE COUNTRY PROUD AND WE ARE BEHIND YOU 100%!!!!!!

All the best to you all as you represent the country and also continued success at your respective clubs...

Uprising out! 
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline salt-or-fresh

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John .. my apologies sir!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 06:36:44 AM »
People jump up an lick way meh nuts bag when he score yes... FREE nuts fuh everybody..

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 06:47:05 AM »
I will not apologise because I think all the cuss he get was well deserved.  In all fairness the man was pulling stones for a while, and throwing tantrums like a lil girl. 

But a lil cuss never kill nobody because look at him now.  The praises are even more well deserved.

Good job Stern. That was a beauty of a bullet.

Offline ninixx1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 06:57:48 AM »
Lord have mercy. It was real yes. Ah wake up this morning and had to check the net to make sure that it wasn't a dream. Keep focused warriors. Two more games. Congrats. You have made the 1.2 million on the island and another million or so off the island proud. Where meh red shirt? Ah goin and mash up the Mexican in work.

Laters forumites. Lots of smiles today.  ;D

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 07:10:23 AM »
I agree with Trini_fan. One or two moments of brilliance does not erase months of uninspiring play. With ability comes expectation and people are entitled to air their displeasure when one of our better players is not performing. We've forgotten the penalty as well because of a brilliant finish. I will, however, compliment him on his efforts last night. He could have been discouraged by the missed penalty, but fought on and earned his reward. Well done to him.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 07:31:13 AM »
I am not saying that there have not been moments that he has deserved critism, but we as fans have to be respectful in doing so.  NOT ONE OF US on this forum could do any better, so when a man goes through a dry patch of poor performances, we should be CONSTRUCTIVE in our critism...

By a show of hands ..how many PAST Stern haters (because we all love him now) could make the claim that they were constructive? 

By our standards, Stern is a Trinidad football legend.. he has earned his rank!

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 07:32:34 AM »
People jump up an lick way meh nuts bag when he score yes... FREE nuts fuh everybody..

Salt please.

Whey sah all kinda men coming outta de woodwork..welcome back dred!  doh feel no way de wagon have room fi yuh!!!!!

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern John fi President
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 07:58:33 AM »
wat a wicked goal eeeeeeee! :)
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 08:03:58 AM »
I am not saying that there have not been moments that he has deserved critism, but we as fans have to be respectful in doing so.  NOT ONE OF US on this forum could do any better, so when a man goes through a dry patch of poor performances, we should be CONSTRUCTIVE in our critism...

By a show of hands ..how many PAST Stern haters (because we all love him now) could make the claim that they were constructive? 

the man is a professional footballer..he should be able to take the critism and he deserved every bit of it in my opinion...the man miss real sitters in front of goal..if he had put them in trinidad would have never been in the situation we were in on Wednesday..ah will give him props for the goals he score against mexico , he show character in picking himself up after missing the penalty.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 07:38:00 PM by Tallman »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 08:15:56 AM »

I can't speak for anybody else but my critcism of Stern was constructive. I was with him up through the Gold Cup because I believ that he is a ball magnet and our best chance of scoring.

But in that US game when we look so much better without hime I had to give in.

The fact is there was nothing wrong with criticizing Stern because his play was poor. The things he did in these last two games he was not doing earlier on. If that earlier Stern John was still playing we would be out already.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 09:55:48 AM »

I can't speak for anybody else but my critcism of Stern was constructive. I was with him up through the Gold Cup because I believ that he is a ball magnet and our best chance of scoring.

But in that US game when we look so much better without hime I had to give in.

The fact is there was nothing wrong with criticizing Stern because his play was poor. The things he did in these last two games he was not doing earlier on. If that earlier Stern John was still playing we would be out already.

JDB...point well taken..main point is that as fans we generally need to be more constructive in our comment...true is a set ah ole talk on this forum but there of some men dat does get a bit reckless with it! 
Football is in all of our hearts ..and those fellas carrying the weight of a country, so the least we could do is give our support, not only when things are good (or when men scoring)...

Yes Stern has turned the corner, i think he has gotten the point that there needs to be a greater effort overall..easy to forgive a man if yuh know he is running at 100%..

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern John
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 09:17:58 PM »
People, sometimes I think we take for granted the phenomenon we have called Stern John.

I said as the Hex was starting, for us to stand a chance for Germany, Stern have to get back his form, or a next striker have to get the form of his life.

The former has occurred.

I dont understand how some of you hate the man still though, talking about he throwing away so many other chances, and some still talking about how although they dont like it, he should still get bench.
It it had something like a internet bullpistle, allyuh woulda get it.

We real real lucky this man start back scoring.

He has singlehandedly done heroics and saved us vs Guat, Mex and Panama.

Stern, I officially saying "THANK YOU AGAIN"
Right now T&T in heaven, if someone had tell me after the loss on ash wed and 5-1 in Guat, we would be in the playoff spot now, i woulda almost doubt them.

Just 2 more games to go Stern!
You have a chance to put yourself in a class above all past T&T players (although you more than did that with your accomplishments so far).
Look at it this way, right now you could get a league in T&T named  after you, maybe a school in the east.
If you continue this phenomenal WC run you on now and take T&T to germany, you looking at Trinity Gold one day and perhaps the Airport name!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 05:22:50 AM by Tallman »

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 09:25:32 PM »
I HAV NEVER FAILED IN PRASING MISTER JOHN FOR HIS GREAT ACHIEVEMNTS ON THE PITCH IN TRINDAD AND TOBAGO COLOURS

PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOALS COMITTEE
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 09:56:12 PM »
i have faith in you stern now and forever more

VICE PRESIDENT OF STERN FOR GOALS COMMITTEE
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 09:57:14 PM »
Doh worry with dem ........dey like Moses and de Israelites , no matter how much dey receive and see miracles is never enough to sustain dem .
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

1]; } ?>