April 19, 2024, 01:05:10 PM

Author Topic: Pan MAN versus Socawarriors  (Read 1568 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Pan MAN versus Socawarriors
« on: March 05, 2011, 10:01:42 PM »
You know what struck me in a couple of interviews with members of  pan men was the  dedication these musicians put into practicing for this competition. Check two examples:

Shawna the host interviewed a player from All Stars  ; this player talked about the time put in and the fact that before they performed they had a motivational speaker to get them ready.

Next a player from Exodus stated instead of the players going to soca monarch show they stay and practice last night.

What could our Warriors take from watching these musicians perform at  this high standard ; Tonight was a truly proud TnT moment. Tobago represent well.

And who was that TV Host Shawna?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pan MAN versus Socawarriors
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 01:08:59 AM »
de TTFF could learn from  pan sides ; see how dey grounded in their community and check the community following they have. I would  bring dem pan to all games  : for example N.E STARS could have the Cordettes at their home games.

Look nah PAN could really bring we back to the roots. Pan have something going here in terms of sponsorships and community supporters.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 05:37:48 AM »
de TTFF could learn from  pan sides ; see how dey grounded in their community and check the community following they have. I would  bring dem pan to all games  : for example N.E STARS could have the Cordettes at their home games.

Look nah PAN could really bring we back to the roots. Pan have something going here in terms of sponsorships and community supporters.
       PAN has always been this way and the concept is buried in our culture,if you look at the good old days when there used to be Steelband clashes,it was these same communities was involved,the advent of sponsorship changed that because bands did not want to loose their sponsors.
       While i like this concept for Football i don't think it will work especially today,Football now is who has the money and these communities can't afford that,some might be able to sponsor three and four teams but there are those who can't afford any,in the past it had a lot of community teams but due to the economic times players are not staying in their areas,it's where the money is they are following.
       I've been watching this trend in our Football for the past few years,no team continue to have the same players for any period of time and that's not good for our Football,every season Coaches have to rebuild their teams because players not staying,everybody on money and the game is suffering.     

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 11:58:21 AM »

PAN has always been this way and the concept is buried in our culture,if you look at the good old days when there used to be Steelband clashes,it was these same communities was involved,the advent of sponsorship changed that because bands did not want to loose their sponsors.
       While i like this concept for Football i don't think it will work especially today,Football now is who has the money and these communities can't afford that,some might be able to sponsor three and four teams but there are those who can't afford any,in the past it had a lot of community teams but due to the economic times players are not staying in their areas,it's where the money is they are following.
       I've been watching this trend in our Football for the past few years,no team continue to have the same players for any period of time and that's not good for our Football,every season Coaches have to rebuild their teams because players not staying,everybody on money and the game is suffering.     

Good point Coops...that was most evident the same year when the ballhog left Connection to be player/ coach with Jabloteh.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 12:05:22 PM »
Coop's yeah the football direction has changed but as you can recall there was a time when football had very strong ties to the community, and to the regions from which teams were based. Starting from the  school level with Intercol and moving to  communities, this passion and following for football was at one time embedded with our football. Top clubs had  loyal supporters.

Suffice to say, if I was one of these present clubs  located in a community and again I'll use N.E. Stars, as I think they have the potential to develop a model of a well functioning  community based professional football team, I would invite or have 'Cordettes' pan side at every home game and develop an alliance with this communal spirit around pan and  build from there.

In my past visits , I have had an opportunity to present a proposal to some execs about developing community support and working to build solid fan base. I have seen evidence  by one such team to  move in that direction. I believe that we have an infrastructure to reclaim  part of what was culturally embedded with football and turn this around.
IMHO

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 04:26:57 PM »
Coop's yeah the football direction has changed but as you can recall there was a time when football had very strong ties to the community, and to the regions from which teams were based. Starting from the  school level with Intercol and moving to  communities, this passion and following for football was at one time embedded with our football. Top clubs had  loyal supporters.

Suffice to say, if I was one of these present clubs  located in a community and again I'll use N.E. Stars, as I think they have the potential to develop a model of a well functioning  community based professional football team, I would invite or have 'Cordettes' pan side at every home game and develop an alliance with this communal spirit around pan and  build from there.

In my past visits , I have had an opportunity to present a proposal to some execs about developing community support and working to build solid fan base. I have seen evidence  by one such team to  move in that direction. I believe that we have an infrastructure to reclaim  part of what was culturally embedded with football and turn this around.
IMHO

Ah mean you useing NE Stars but i will use San Juan Jabloteh as a perfect example of how screwed up clubs are in T&T.Jabloteh from San Juan but 80% of their players not from SanJuan,they don't practice in San Juan,their games don't play in San Juan,their end of year function not in San Juan etc who supports that team?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 01:49:51 AM »
SO we half full or half empty?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 10:37:06 AM »

Not so breds....why did Despers have to move?????.....Pan no longer have that community base and community oriented leadership as many players play for different bands. In the past you'd find all the players from the same neighborhood just as it used to be with fottball many years ago, but it is no longer so and the only ties have become historical.

1]; } ?>