April 27, 2024, 11:49:53 PM

Author Topic: 2011 Gold Cup Thread.  (Read 76202 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Gold Cup Thread.
« Reply #660 on: June 27, 2011, 04:01:34 PM »
Mexico got lucky, plain and simple. USA tried to play the italian Catenaccio, it sucks the opponents in, and after they lost hope hit them on the counter, but been solid and not letting goals in have a big part in this. After Mexico scored, it was shattering this style of play by the americans as they have almost perfected the art of it.

While some may suggest passing fluently etc is considered the"right" way to play football, i beg to differ, been solid and more clinical is beautiful in itself, like the great inter side of 2010.

Mexico got lucky Demspey and Goodison missed their chances, especially duece volley that rocketed off the cross bar. Mexico was lucky.. they had the lions share of possesion but couldnt do anything with it.

I agree that USA let up the pressure and became careless after the 2 goal lead, credit to mexico fans, they weere the real winners on the nite.

Curiously i found this: The system was made famous by the Franco-Argentine trainer Helenio Herrera of Internazionale in the 1960s who used it to grind out 1 – 0 wins over opponents in their league games.

INTER :)

nah Bro!!!. mex. played ball and created their own luck. 2 or 3 yrs ago the Mex. would have wilted. Not this side. They ready for any top 10 "FIFA ranking" team. Any!!!!!!!!!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 27, 2011, 04:29:31 PM »
is dos santos the mexican ronaldinho?

that 4th goal was superb

why cant usa defend like that when we play them?

or 

we dont have the ball brains to play like that?

He's more like the Mexican Messi...just less skillful.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 27, 2011, 04:40:51 PM »
alyuh so f'ing closed minded and brutal on this site eh... i gorn yes. tell me thou... all the bad usa is .. tnt cant touch dem. something for u all to mutter about.i freaking hate dos santos.. such a little fagget sheesh!

I normally doh even bother waste time responding to you eh... but ah couldn't help note de irony of ironies.

Doh get vex because man tell yuh yuh talking shit.  You's probably the only man on this planet insistng that the US tried to play "catenaccio" when everybody else pongin' Bradley for not playing conservatively enough with the lead. Asked about the aggressive strategy, Bradley himself confirm that he wasn't thinking conservative by saying he thought they had a chance to go for a third goal before the half.  Whey he was getting that from... de counter attack?

steups
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 05:14:24 PM by Bakes »

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 27, 2011, 04:42:38 PM »
That current Mexico team would give our jokey, current TnT team (included KJ, Edwards and Scotland) about 7 minimum in Trini's home ground. At Mex's home, I would say minimum 12!!!!!!!!!!

We are not at the that level of play. The speed, pace, technical ability, and poise of these Mexicans are amazing. We TnT players are just not ready for them. Both US, and Mex would devour us right. We have fallen down to the bottom of the barrel with Barbados, St. Vincent, St. Kitts, etc. In a nut-shell, we are utter garbage!!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 27, 2011, 04:44:56 PM »
Mexico got lucky, plain and simple. USA tried to play the italian Catenaccio, it sucks the opponents in, and after they lost hope hit them on the counter, but been solid and not letting goals in have a big part in this. After Mexico scored, it was shattering this style of play by the americans as they have almost perfected the art of it.

While some may suggest passing fluently etc is considered the"right" way to play football, i beg to differ, been solid and more clinical is beautiful in itself, like the great inter side of 2010.

Mexico got lucky Demspey and Goodison missed their chances, especially duece volley that rocketed off the cross bar. Mexico was lucky.. they had the lions share of possesion but couldnt do anything with it.

I agree that USA let up the pressure and became careless after the 2 goal lead, credit to mexico fans, they weere the real winners on the nite.

Curiously i found this: The system was made famous by the Franco-Argentine trainer Helenio Herrera of Internazionale in the 1960s who used it to grind out 1 – 0 wins over opponents in their league games.

INTER :)

Stop talking sh!t

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 27, 2011, 06:08:23 PM »
That current Mexico team would give our jokey, current TnT team (included KJ, Edwards and Scotland) about 7 minimum in Trini's home ground. At Mex's home, I would say minimum 12!!!!!!!!!!

We are not at the that level of play. The speed, pace, technical ability, and poise of these Mexicans are amazing. We TnT players are just not ready for them. Both US, and Mex would devour us right. We have fallen down to the bottom of the barrel with Barbados, St. Vincent, St. Kitts, etc. In a nut-shell, we are utter garbage!!

And whose fault is that?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 27, 2011, 06:39:16 PM »

Madness!! this mexican team have some of the fellas that played against that 2nd string T&T team that drew 2-2 on the final day of last WCQ hex @ the HSC! remember mexico doesn't travel well, and despite all the praise allyuh want tuh shower on them, they actually scored three very poor goals, goals that they would never see or get from the USA team again as long as bob bradley's in charge.

allyuh have to remember that bob bradley is ah very good troubleshooter, and he will see to it that mexico never trumps them like that again especially after holding such ah comfortable lead.

i honestly believe that jamaica and "T&T" (if they get their sh!t together, which i seriously doubt) (providing they had their best available players,) would beat this mexican team, as yuh know, we do match up better with them than the U.S..

i just waiting for the WCQ, allyuh would see how good this team really is. carry on guys, i  :waiting:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:44:56 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 27, 2011, 06:44:54 PM »
the game replaying on fox right now.

http://www.atdhenet.tv/37699/watch-fox-soccer-channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 27, 2011, 07:47:25 PM »
Ah right allyuh take MDCNT win nah man ah loww meh, after all it's just my opinion, who says that it have to be right. ::)

:heehee: :heehee:  :-X
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 27, 2011, 07:49:39 PM »
i just waiting for the WCQ, allyuh would see how good this team really is. carry on guys, i  :waiting:

I waiting for World Cup cuz we all know dem two teams goh be dey.....den I'll enjoy watching BooSA wilt under pressure.....yet again.... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 27, 2011, 08:03:33 PM »
honestly believe that jamaica and "T&T" (if they get their sh!t together, which i seriously doubt) (providing they had their best available players,) would beat this mexican team, as yuh know, we do match up better with them than the U.S..

i just waiting for the WCQ, allyuh would see how good this team really is. carry on guys, i  Waiting

You have identified the two reasons why we not able and probably would not be in Brazil
We DON'T HAVE OUR SHIT TOGETHER
WE CANNOT IDENTIFY WHO ARE OUR BEST PLAYERS

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #671 on: June 28, 2011, 12:08:15 AM »

So yuh eh know is always yuh own does do yuh??
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:28:55 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 28, 2011, 12:10:04 AM »
 ;D  This forum is rel kicks oui!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 28, 2011, 01:24:12 PM »
honestly believe that jamaica and "T&T" (if they get their sh!t together, which i seriously doubt) (providing they had their best available players,) would beat this mexican team, as yuh know, we do match up better with them than the U.S..

i just waiting for the WCQ, allyuh would see how good this team really is. carry on guys, i  Waiting

You have identified the two reasons why we not able and probably would not be in Brazil
Now I see who tek mi bloodclaut weed and smoke it..

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 28, 2011, 02:36:53 PM »

Now I see who tek mi bloodclaut weed and smoke it..

war

You read the entire statement?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: June 28, 2011, 03:41:31 PM »
When WCQ starting November? JC ah waiting to see yuh prediction come through.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 28, 2011, 06:44:38 PM »
Aye i just remember a man missing , whey zeppo ? i aint seeing none of he poster pics  :devil:

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

AirMan

« Reply #677 on: June 28, 2011, 07:47:06 PM »
some man in here supporting Mexico win over teh US as if we Trini team beat the US  :rotfl:

At the end of the day we have a very long way to go if we want to reach US or Mexico level

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 28, 2011, 07:49:09 PM »
some man in here supporting Mexico win over teh US as if we Trini team beat the US  :rotfl:

of course! , when USA lorse its a great day in hater history  :devil: , the fire does bun bright
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 30, 2011, 03:37:33 PM »

of course! , when USA lorse its a great day in hater history  :devil: , the fire does bun bright

I was celebrating when Gyan buss de net against them in June of last year.

The hate definitely burns brightly for me.

:devil:

giggsy11

« Reply #680 on: June 30, 2011, 07:18:52 PM »
Ah was watching some ole United games when Tim Howard was the goalie. Back in dem days his arse was not shouting down nobody especially when he was letting in goals when he was still setting up free kick walls or parrying balls into his net! I aint even see him twitch in his direction. I feel most off he stuff is gallery because he know camera does be on the goalie after goal score! Just check him out after that four he take in he arse against Mexico- after the third one the man was on he knees pounding the ground! Steups!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 01, 2011, 04:21:47 PM »

I was celebrating when Gyan buss de net against them in June of last year.

The hate definitely burns brightly for me.

:devil:

...and here it is I thought I was all alone. ;D

Ah was watching some ole United games when Tim Howard was the goalie. Back in dem days his arse was not shouting down nobody especially when he was letting in goals when he was still setting up free kick walls or parrying balls into his net! I aint even see him twitch in his direction. I feel most off he stuff is gallery because he know camera does be on the goalie after goal score! Just check him out after that four he take in he arse against Mexico- after the third one the man was on he knees pounding the ground! Steups!

I really do think that is what it is.  Sometimes I does see him carryin' on for no reason whatsoever.  tony meola used to love de camera, too, but he wasn't so demonstrative.  He just used to like to pose long and hard whenever he had the ball. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>