April 27, 2024, 08:27:56 AM

Author Topic: 2011 Gold Cup Thread.  (Read 76162 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Gold Cup Thread.
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2011, 07:31:27 PM »
ent?   I just sign up for nuttin.   >:(
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2011, 07:34:11 PM »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2011, 07:37:45 PM »
thanks....for the 1st time.   ;D

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2011, 07:41:41 PM »
The Cuba - Mexico game is on Univision if you get the channel. You could also search CONCACAF on the tv guide, or maybe use google...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:44:00 PM by Bitter »

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »
Sigh!!! When will i see the Red, white and Black again.  Spann busting the net from 35 yards out.  

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2011, 07:42:48 PM »
With regards to the game. Cuba not looking too secure right now. This could be a long, long night.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2011, 08:08:06 PM »
justin.tv working for me!!!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2011, 08:15:11 PM »
Mexico finally stop playing the ass and score.
1-0!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2011, 09:05:59 PM »
4-0 now.
Cuba good for how much? 6? 7?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2011, 09:15:56 PM »
Its now Cuba 0 - 5 Mexico;

And this is the same Cuban team that gave us so much trouble when we played them in the qualifiers!! 

I say lucky thing we not there, we would have probably gotten a similar amount from a top CONCACAF team like Mexico! :-[
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:40:22 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2011, 10:01:25 PM »
I cyah say lucky or not. You get better by playing better teams (and learning from them)

Right now you have 3 tiers of teams in this competition.
USA and Mexico, The rest of Central America and then the CFU. We'll find out the truth about Jamaica tomorrow.

Even though we upset that T&T not there. This is a huge boost to teams like Grenada.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2011, 11:00:06 PM »
Five Mexico players test positiveJune 9, 2011
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Mexico's hopes of winning the CONCACAF Gold Cup have been smashed by the news that no less than five of their players have tested positive for a banned substance and have been withdrawn from their national team's squad.

Francisco Javier Rodriguez, Antonio Naelson, Christian Bermudez, Edgar Duenas, and Guillermo Ochoa have all been found to have Clenbuterol in their systems. The drug treats breathing disorders and is a regularly-used drug by dopers. The Mexican federation state that that the players consumed chicken that was tainted with the drug and will request that the team be allowed to field replacement players for the rest of the Gold Cup.

The players face being banned for a year if they cannot prove that the substance was taken accidentally. Leading cyclist Alberto Contador is currently mounting a defence against a ban by claiming his positive test for the same substance resulted from eating contaminated meat.

Ochoa is Mexico's starting goalkeeper and the Mexican federation have asked if they can add replacement players to their squad.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2011, 03:45:54 AM »
I cyah say lucky or not. You get better by playing better teams (and learning from them)

USA and Mexico, The rest of Central America and then the CFU. We'll find out the truth about Jamaica tomorrow.

Even though we upset that T&T not there. This is a huge boost to teams like Grenada.

Jamaica a tier three team? Check out Jamaicas recent run against Guatemala and El Salvador. These are two teams who wilt and self destruct 90% of the time when they step onto the field with Jamaica.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2011, 05:54:06 AM »

Jamaica a tier three team? Check out Jamaicas recent run against Guatemala and El Salvador. These are two teams who wilt and self destruct 90% of the time when they step onto the field with Jamaica.

Yuh cyah read or what?

We'll find out the truth about Jamaica tomorrow.

Beating Grenada is no measure of where you are right now. After you beat Guatemala, we will know.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2011, 09:21:16 AM »
Sigh!!! When will i see the Red, white and Black again.  Spann busting the net from 35 yards out.  

want to borrow a dvd?????...cause that might be the only way to see them play at a high level for the next 5 years or so

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2011, 09:38:07 AM »

Yuh cyah read or what?

We'll find out the truth about Jamaica tomorrow.

Beating Grenada is no measure of where you are right now. After you beat Guatemala, we will know.

Reggaefan, Bitter is right. It's not like he wants to believe the same about Jamaica vs T&T either.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/headtohead/team1=jam/team2=tri/index.html

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/headtohead/team1=jam/team2=gua/index.html

jjbrown

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2011, 01:33:25 PM »

Last time Jamaica face Guatemala in a Gold Cup game Jamaica scored 4 goals in a winning effort. Last time Jamaica faced El Sal in a gold cup game, the boyz came out the winners. I see nothing in these teams t osuggest thay have improved that much for me to think that Jamaica cant handle them.

Grenada is not a good measure of Jamaica's prowess...but they played a good game away to Panama the other day holding them to a 2-0 scoreline in Panama city. If you consider that Jamaica could have scored six easily on Grenada, it gives yo a good picture of where Ja is at the moment. Jamaica also just scored 3 on El Salvador in San Salvador couple months ago with a weaker team than we have at the gold cup today.

I'm sure also that with a full strength T&T squad, you can handle both El Sal and guatemala. They wilt when they see physically imposing players...which is one of the reason why Honduras has done so well in Central america in recent years...they have the physical attributes and speed that most other central american teams fear.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2011, 01:35:08 PM »
Flex Tallman..... can't you'll do something about the rodent infestation????????

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2011, 04:56:58 PM »
Flex Tallman..... can't you'll do something about the rodent infestation????????

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2011, 06:42:02 PM »
JA tearing into Guatemala.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2011, 07:01:06 PM »
now we can rest some players against Honduras. 8)
Hard work is the key to success

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
congrats to JA is one of the best games I ever see them play,total control.Dey string some passes during a stretch in de second half that almost resulted in a goal,it was more than we have done in 3 yrs put togehter.However de top teams not going to give them dat much time to control but I wish dem de best,fly de Caribbean flag high because dem North Americans feel dey controlling everything now.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2011, 07:11:22 PM »
Good work Jamaica. Allyuh in the 2nd tier in true  ;D

I frighten for Grenada now though...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2011, 07:12:38 PM »
congrats to JA is one of the best games I ever see them play,total control.Dey string some passes during a stretch in de second half that almost resulted in a goal,it was more than we have done in 3 yrs put togehter.However de top teams not going to give them dat much time to control but I wish dem de best,fly de Caribbean flag high because dem North Americans feel dey controlling everything now.

:beermug:

What was the final result?! Sorry but I don't watch Ja games unless its a game against my team!   8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2011, 07:18:27 PM »
los spice boys...don't know if that sound too right :-[

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2011, 07:24:44 PM »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2011, 07:29:04 PM »
Grenada!!!!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2011, 07:30:08 PM »
Gol! Granada

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2011, 07:30:34 PM »
los spice boys...don't know if that sound too right :-[

Like I said below...Jamaica is Guatemala daddy. They did well to frustrate Jamaica in the frst half, but it was only a matter of time before they begin to self destruct. The typical Central American teams runs at you hard in the early goings, thats where they typically win (or lose) their games.  Now Grenada out-muscles Honduras and scores 1-0 Spice boyz.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2011, 07:33:19 PM »
Gol! Granada

Dey still playing shIt just out hustling Honduras right now.

1]; } ?>