April 27, 2024, 08:01:16 AM

Author Topic: 2011 Gold Cup Thread.  (Read 76159 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Gold Cup Thread.
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2011, 09:19:57 AM »
Cuba was all about naive tactics. They keep getting beat the same way, but like the coach stubborn (or maybe is castro who was calling the shots).

I think the one thing you can point out about the CFU teams that we lost to is that they are organized. Except for the Beenhakker/Wim era, we tend to ignore tactics in favor of individual play. Exceptional play gets results, otherwise we look terrible.

This is not to say that we don't do the tactical/organized thing, but you can often look at a game and see the point at which players stop playing the system and start to do their own thing. That might be the biggest advantage that Pfister has, as much as we might hate to admit it, we seem to listen to /believe in  a European coach for the whole game.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2011, 09:37:31 AM »
We don't deserve one shit. We don't even have a national team. When last we even play a game , Steups. 

More power to Jamaica . They look poised to compete for a spot in Brazil.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2011, 09:48:57 AM »
Guadeloupe has played well this tournament too, apart from some very careless tackling for some of their defenders, they have generally held their own. Lets see how they do against USA tonight.

CFU teams are better than the 35 goals conceded suggest. Teams like El Salvador and Guatemala are not better than an organized T&T, Haiti.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2011, 12:11:54 PM »
Poor Jamaica. They reel off 3 straight victories just to most likely face the USA in the quarterfinals.  :devil:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2011, 12:14:20 PM »
Poor Jamaica. They reel off 3 straight victories just to most likely face the USA in the quarterfinals.  :devil:
They could win.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2011, 12:55:12 PM »

Your menatlity is suspect.  Weak even.  The Jamaican mentality is not to hide or play like girly men. Check out the results in the last three games Jamaica play against the USA. If yo uthink Jamaica are running scared then you couldnt be more wrong. If that was the case they simply could have thrown the game last night.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2011, 01:59:48 PM »

Your menatlity is suspect.  Weak even.  The Jamaican mentality is not to hide or play like girly men. Check out the results in the last three games Jamaica play against the USA. If yo uthink Jamaica are running scared then you couldnt be more wrong. If that was the case they simply could have thrown the game last night.

Breds don't let these juvenile f**kers get the better of you on this board they're are all about hating,for me if it's not trini, I backing the next Caribbean country that doing well and in this case is Jamaica.

It really gets a old after being a member for so long the vitriol I hear coming out of some of these people mouths and don't get me wrong yardies do it also but we can't allow the mindless few to dictate....   

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2011, 05:50:42 PM »

Breds don't let these juvenile f**kers get the better of you on this board they're are all about hating,for me if it's not trini, I backing the next Caribbean country that doing well and in this case is Jamaica.

It really gets a old after being a member for so long the vitriol I hear coming out of some of these people mouths and don't get me wrong yardies do it also but we can't allow the mindless few to dictate....   

I'm glad some else could say this...

@reggaefan I wish some of players and even fans had the self belief you all have, cuz I fed up watch T&T teams with equal or above talent go to the US and pop down bcuz of who they feel they playing, wish we'd learn a lesson from our rivals instead of blowing hot air continuously...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2011, 06:02:48 PM »
 :yawning: :yawning:

Oh yeah this....when is the next game??  I guess I could draaaaggg myself in front de TV and see what the rest have to offer..... :yawning:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2011, 06:12:28 PM »
Saw the JA HON game yesterday @ RBA, JA was solid @ the back as usual to honduras dismay. i must say that trevor whitmore is one hek of a coach, introducing a bunch of young untested players yesterday and still managed to give it to honduras.

regardless of how jamaica does for the rest of this tourney, they are definitely in the final round of the WCQs (hex). i will not go as far as to say that they are unbeatable, but i will say this, they will be no push overs especially in the CNCF region.

those guys are showing the heart of true champions and IMO should be given the title of real warriors, BC they play for the black gold and green with pride & commitment and has a never die attitude in the process.

jamaicans has always been more committed to their country's image than us, so i'm not surprised to see them rise to the top like this. i would like to draw on a comparison between whitmore and latas, whitmore took up coaching BC he wanted to put jamaica back on track and on the map, while latas wanted to be a coach for all the wrong reasons.

socafan, JA was playing the game the way it was meant to be played. it wasn't no bush cutter brand i could assure you, but rather the flip flop brand as usual by these cheating spanish players. the ref was also a cheat since he favored the hondurans all game long, and was really surprised when he gave JA the penalty.

so now we don't only have to worry about the U.S. MEX and CR, now we also have JA as another formatable opponent.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 06:36:00 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2011, 06:23:10 PM »
Canada playing this game with no sense of urgency. They need the points.

As I type that, they get a penalty and score.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2011, 06:54:28 PM »
Wow, 1-1. That was a close one for Panama!!!

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2011, 08:05:56 PM »
hopefully Guadeloupe can rebound in the second half

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 14, 2011, 08:14:36 PM »
hopefully Guadeloupe can rebound in the second half

Score should be about 4-0 right now... US and the Gwada keeper playing by deyself.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 14, 2011, 08:34:00 PM »
Guadeloupe will die by that ref.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 14, 2011, 08:44:21 PM »
Dempsey!  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 15, 2011, 03:01:11 AM »
Saw the JA HON game yesterday @ RBA, JA was solid @ the back as usual to honduras dismay. i must say that trevor whitmore is one hek of a coach, introducing a bunch of young untested players yesterday and still managed to give it to honduras.

regardless of how jamaica does for the rest of this tourney, they are definitely in the final round of the WCQs (hex). i will not go as far as to say that they are unbeatable, but i will say this, they will be no push overs especially in the CNCF region.

those guys are showing the heart of true champions and IMO should be given the title of real warriors, BC they play for the black gold and green with pride & commitment and has a never die attitude in the process.

jamaicans has always been more committed to their country's image than us, so i'm not surprised to see them rise to the top like this. i would like to draw on a comparison between whitmore and latas, whitmore took up coaching BC he wanted to put jamaica back on track and on the map, while latas wanted to be a coach for all the wrong reasons.

socafan, JA was playing the game the way it was meant to be played. it wasn't no bush cutter brand i could assure you, but rather the flip flop brand as usual by these cheating spanish players. the ref was also a cheat since he favored the hondurans all game long, and was really surprised when he gave JA the penalty.

so now we don't only have to worry about the U.S. MEX and CR, now we also have JA as another formatable opponent.

I admire your honesty here. Only little issue I have with Jamaica right now is the fact that they have been unable to play consistently good football for an entire 90 minutes, with the exceptiopn of maybe the Grenada game. Vs Guatemala, they played a horrible first hafl, but took control of the second. vs Hondurs they improved, but lost concentration for the final 25 minutes of teh second half.

But, this team is still work in progress. playing the USA infront of a packed RFK will pump the boyz up for sure, and i am sure they will give a sterling performance. The USA has looked less than impressive in its last 2 games, but i expect them to be also pumped up and ready for Jamaica. We have to realize also that this Jamaica team is missing some key players including Cummings, or most prolific scorer in the past year.

Should be a good game for the fans.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:04:17 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 15, 2011, 05:21:01 AM »
Since this game is in DC, JA should have good support, looking forward to watching dis one
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the USA vs Jamaica Game (19-Jun-11).
« Reply #228 on: June 15, 2011, 05:29:23 AM »
Well, the way things are going we maynot see T&T play until November and that's if the TTFF is not banned/grounded by FIFA with this latest Jack Warner fiasco ? who knows what could happen with politics come into play.

And as we all know, once Jack Warner is inactive, everything stops in T&T, he makes sure of that, he wants us to know he is boss. ...  :angel:

Also, the closest thing to T&T at the 2011 Gold Cup is Stephen Hart. So I wanted Canada to do well, but they are out now.

God alone knows how T&T were booted out by Grenada (Twice)... !!!! they were terrbile, same can be said for Cuba (surprisingly) and the other Caribbean team Guadeloupe had decent moments, but they too exited.

So in the meantime, we might as well support/watch our biggest Caribbean rivals and neighbours- Jamaica.

GAME: USA vs Jamaica
TIME: 3:00pm
VENUE: RFK Memorial Stadium
GAME TYPE: Concacaf Gold Cup
TV: Fox Soccer Channel, TeleFutura

I really like Clint Dempsey as a player but I hate his attitude, I hope Jamaica beat them once and for all.

Other Games

June 18
Costa Rica  5:00 PM  Honduras
Mexico  8:00 PM  Guatemala

June 19
Panama  6:00 PM  El Salvador

USA Team

Goalkeepers:
23-Marcus Hahnemann (Out of Contract), 1-Tim Howard (Everton), 18- Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake).

Defenders:
3-Carlos Bocanegra (Saint-Etienne), 12-Jonathan Bornstein (UANL Tigres), 6-Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), 21-Clarence Goodson (Brondby), 14-Eric Lichaj (Leeds), 5-Oguchi Onyewu (FC Twente), 15-Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls), 2-Jonathan Spector (West Ham United).

Midfielders:20-Freddy Adu (Rizespor), 22-Alejandro Bedoya (Orebro), 4-Michael Bradley (Aston Villa), 8-Clint Dempsey (Fulham), 10-Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), 7-Maurice Edu (Rangers), 13-Jermaine Jones (Blackburn Rovers), 16-Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), 19-Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew).

Forwards:
9-Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), 17-Jozy Altidore (Bursaspor), 11-Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes).

Jamaica Team

Goalkeepers:
Donovan Ricketts (Los Angeles Galaxy/USA), Dwayne Miller (Syrianska/SWE), Duwayne Kerr (Strommen IF/SWE)

Defenders:
Shavar Thomas (Sporting Kansas City/USA), Jermaine Taylor (Houston Dynamo/USA), Demar Phillips (Aalesunds FK), Adrian Reid (Valerenga/NOR), Eric Vernan (Nybergsund IL/NOR), Dicoy Williams (Toronto FC/USA), Ian Goodison (Tranmere Rovers/ENG), Tyrone Marshall (Colorado Rapids/USA)

Midfielders:
Omar Daley (Bradford City/ENG), Jason Morrison (Aalesund/NOR), Richard Edwards (Harbour View), Jevaughn Watson (Houston Dynamo/USA), Damian Williams (Nybergsund IL/NOR), Keammar Daley (Tivoli Gardens), Rodolph Austin (SK Brann/NOR), Navion Boy (Tivoli Gardens),

Forwards:
Dane Richards (New York Red Bulls/USA), Ryan Johnson (San Jose Earthquakes/USA), Kavin Bryan (Sông Lam Nghệ An/VET), Luton Shelton (Valerenga/NOR).

PS: This thread will be merged after the game.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:33:02 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2011, 06:18:51 AM »
hey why u guys think that us is that good. i believe ja is playing good football to get pass there opponents. u guys need to give ja credit. i think ja will give us a good fright,

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the USA vs Jamaica Game (19-Jun-11).
« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2011, 06:49:52 AM »
This is a huge game for jamaica.

USA are ripe for the picking win this and they can get to the finals easy.

Big big game for jamaica.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #232 on: June 15, 2011, 06:59:49 AM »
Dempsey!  :rotfl: :rotfl:

That Dempsey dude, wow! If I haven't seen him playing before, I would have concluded that he is a total waste, possibly the worst player of the U.S. team. I do not know how he did it, but the guy managed to kill almost all US attacks. He was Guadeloupe's best defender. No wonder the only goal of the game came from a long range shot. Dempsey had no chance to mess that one too.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2011, 07:01:44 AM »
Canada playing this game with no sense of urgency. They need the points.

As I type that, they get a penalty and score.

This time, the Canucks only have themselves to blame.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2011, 07:07:41 AM »
3-1 Jamaica.

Since Altidore is Haitian, I hope he scores the lone U.S. goal, though.  :)

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2011, 07:16:11 AM »
the only teams i want to see in the final are jamaica and mexico everyone else don't even deserve a sniff.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2011, 07:18:10 AM »
Jamaica please cut USA arse , sincerely DHW
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2011, 08:01:11 AM »
nuff Jamaican playing in Norway....shocker
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2011, 08:17:36 AM »
3-1 Jamaica.

Since Altidore is Haitian, I hope he scores the lone U.S. goal, though.  :)

Maybe stretching it a little bit. Jamaica's offence and mid would have to play their A game for that to happen. If Jamaica wins, it will be by a 1 goal margin.

The USA are a little bit rattled by the fact that they didnt win their group, losing a game in the process. Watching them agaisnt Guadeloupe showed that they were down. But knowing them, they will bounce back.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2011, 09:05:30 AM »
It's possible, though. Yes, 3-1 is wishful thinking. However, Jamaica seems to have what it takes to pull it up.

1]; } ?>