April 27, 2024, 02:11:45 AM

Author Topic: 2011 Gold Cup Thread.  (Read 76132 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Gold Cup Thread.
« Reply #630 on: June 26, 2011, 02:29:15 PM »
The fact that the MLS teams now have free academies where it is all about ability versus money to play means they are opening up doors to some natural talent.

The thing is they have men namely a lot english  who coaching at these academies and quite frankly from what I've witnessed cannot coach.

Which academies in the US free?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 26, 2011, 02:35:50 PM »
I think the problem is they have an emphasis on athleticism over technique in coaching. A good way (with reasonably talented players) to become a mid ranking nation but to go the extra mile you need the technical ability. I remember reading an article about Southhampton Academy in England (one of the most respected) and the director talked about them concentrating of athleticism over technique. If that is the type of culture the USA want to build then they won't get much further than they already have.

The fact that the MLS teams now have free academies where it is all about ability versus money to play means they are opening up doors to some natural talent.

The thing is they have men namely a lot english  who coaching at these academies and quite frankly from what I've witnessed cannot coach.

Read the US new curriculum that they handing down to the clubs, this won't get to much better soon. It's the smae problem the USWMNT facing. They were killing other countries when other countries weren't taking women soccer seriously, now that the rest of the world ready to play the USA struggling.

To much emphasis on passing and playing (with results oriented games) at to much of a young age in the USA. Players are not becoming totally comfortable with the ball. Team style of play at U10-14 is a major hinderance in proper development I believe. Way to many countries and clubs around the world is getting carried away by "The Barcelona Way". Everyone focussing on the passing and not paying any attention to what allows Barcelona to pass so well.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 02:37:53 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 26, 2011, 02:50:03 PM »
Everyone focussing on the passing and not paying any attention to what allows Barcelona to pass so well.

:beermug: :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 26, 2011, 02:51:16 PM »

Read the US new curriculum that they handing down to the clubs, this won't get to much better soon. It's the smae problem the USWMNT facing. They were killing other countries when other countries weren't taking women soccer seriously, now that the rest of the world ready to play the USA struggling.

To much emphasis on passing and playing (with results oriented games) at to much of a young age in the USA. Players are not becoming totally comfortable with the ball. Team style of play at U10-14 is a major hinderance in proper development I believe. Way to many countries and clubs around the world is getting carried away by "The Barcelona Way". Everyone focussing on the passing and not paying any attention to what allows Barcelona to pass so well.

Interesting perspective...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 26, 2011, 03:25:34 PM »
Adu looked great, USA looked poor.  Mexico should have won this game alot more comfortably than they did....quality U.S. goals though, but funny enough, they were no where in the game when they scored...very strange how the 1st 25 mins of the game went.   

4-2 actually flattered the States in the end.  Apart from Adu, US has no players with genuine skill and natural expression - Until they figure that out, they will always be on a tier or two below real quality. 
You talking outa timin! don't let yuh bias cloud your vision, Bc fellas like clint dempsey , donovan , edu, altidor , jermain jones (good find) bradley a superb defensive mid, and bocanegra is all top notch quality players, and what i like about them men is that they don't roll on the ground and carry on wid shenanigans when they leading, they does play the game honest wid poise and heart.

the U.S. needs tuh get rid of that badoya guy and the new central defender/ i think his name is goodson or something like that, they were the weakest links in the whole tourney, i think if they had onyewo and clark in the midfield things would've went differently.

mexico got lucky today, the only goal they scored that off set the U.S. defense was the first goal, other than dat, all their goals were weak scrable goals BC of a lack of experience by the newbee defenders and midfielders.

Yuh no I don't come on this board to often but when I read some responses I can't help but be amused by it,you obviously was watching a different game than me.

It was a very exciting game on both ends but the better side prevailed end of story!!!!! 
Breds even the blind could see that the U.S. losen up on mexico and let them back in the game, but there's no way mexico was that out standing. so that you know complaisance is ah hell of ah thing, i think it woulda served the U.S. better if mexico had scored first BC the U.S. lightened up a whole lot and got careless.

not taking anything away from mexico though, they did well by clawing their way back into the game and deserved to be champs, but it's not like they did it in fine style, all they did was exploited ah weak U.S. right side where their full back was out of sorts, same way the U.S. exploited our full backs in the last campaign when aklie and and hislop was having a hell of a time.

if the wolfman (the old right back..... forgot his name) and oneywo was in that game mexico woulda caught hell to score one single fackin goal, as you could see three of mexico's goals were extreme defensive errors, if yuh don't believe me, the next time mexico play the U.S. in any serious competitive game that goodson fella and the full backs would not feature.   trust meh!

bob bradley tried ah thing and it didn't work, next time he should come with all his guns instead of trying to bleed new players against top opposition.  but when i said mexico got lucky, i meant they played against ah disorganized defense and scored some sloppy scramble goals due to extreme defensive errors.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 26, 2011, 03:41:46 PM »
Just Cool... no offense, but you talking crazy.  The US didn't loosen up and let Mexico back in that game... Mexico was never out of it the way they were playing.  They had three legitimate goalscoring opportunities before the US scored... and that was in the 8th minute.  Chicharito and Barrera were skinning them apart whole game and the focus on Chicharito in fact is what created space and opportunity for Dos Santos.  You talking about Onyewu??  I don't know if you've noticed, but Onyewu hasn't been the same player since tearing up his knee against Costa Rica (?) last year.  He was already slow to begin with, now he's practically immobile. 

At least he has injuries to use as an excuse... Bocanegra and Goodson just slow, period.  The US loves these big physical defenders (Cherundolo being the exception) and then they wonder why they have problems with skillful forwards on teams that don't rely on an aerial attack.  Quick, name one time when a cross came in the US box from a corner yesterday?  Not once... everything was played short b/c Mexico realize they not going to outjump or out physical Goodson et al... and not need to, not when you can run rings around them.  I realize yuh can't stand Mexico but that shouldn't stop you from given them their due.  "clawed their way back"?  As I said the other day, this is a different Mexican squad from the ones we're used to seeing with Hugo Sanchez and the Cuathemoc Blanco simulating, diving and play acting.  These fellas could ball and that can ah ass-whupping they open up on the US yesterday, no fluke two-goal lead was going to prevent that.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 26, 2011, 03:45:30 PM »
^^^^^ Ditto ^^^^^^

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 26, 2011, 03:48:20 PM »
Adu looked great, USA looked poor.  Mexico should have won this game alot more comfortably than they did....quality U.S. goals though, but funny enough, they were no where in the game when they scored...very strange how the 1st 25 mins of the game went.   

4-2 actually flattered the States in the end.  Apart from Adu, US has no players with genuine skill and natural expression - Until they figure that out, they will always be on a tier or two below real quality. 
You talking outa timin! don't let yuh bias cloud your vision, Bc fellas like clint dempsey , donovan , edu, altidor , jermain jones (good find) bradley a superb defensive mid, and bocanegra is all top notch quality players, and what i like about them men is that they don't roll on the ground and carry on wid shenanigans when they leading, they does play the game honest wid poise and heart.

the U.S. needs tuh get rid of that badoya guy and the new central defender/ i think his name is goodson or something like that, they were the weakest links in the whole tourney, i think if they had onyewo and clark in the midfield things would've went differently.

mexico got lucky today, the only goal they scored that off set the U.S. defense was the first goal, other than dat, all their goals were weak scrable goals BC of a lack of experience by the newbee defenders and midfielders.

Yuh no I don't come on this board to often but when I read some responses I can't help but be amused by it,you obviously was watching a different game than me.

It was a very exciting game on both ends but the better side prevailed end of story!!!!! 
Breds even the blind could see that the U.S. losen up on mexico and let them back in the game, but there's no way mexico was that out standing. so that you know complaisance is ah hell of ah thing, i think it woulda served the U.S. better if mexico had scored first BC the U.S. lightened up a whole lot and got careless.

not taking anything away from mexico though, they did well by clawing their way back into the game and deserved to be champs, but it's not like they did it in fine style, all they did was exploited ah weak U.S. right side where their full back was out of sorts, same way the U.S. exploited our full backs in the last campaign when aklie and and hislop was having a hell of a time.

if the wolfman (the old right back..... forgot his name) and oneywo was in that game mexico woulda caught hell to score one single fackin goal, as you could see three of mexico's goals were extreme defensive errors, if yuh don't believe me, the next time mexico play the U.S. in any serious competitive game that goodson fella and the full backs would not feature.   trust meh!

bob bradley tried ah thing and it didn't work, next time he should come with all his guns instead of trying to bleed new players against top opposition.  but when i said mexico got lucky, i meant they played against ah disorganized defense and scored some sloppy scramble goals due to extreme defensive errors.

believe it or not, I fall asleep just before the lineups were posted and miss the whole game.....but you seem to be the only one posting that see it from the perspective that you do.....so everybody have it wrong and is only you have it right?!  ???

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 26, 2011, 04:14:17 PM »
No way, USA was gonna win that game. I bet on Mexico after they went 2-0 down and got my ROI.  ;D

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 26, 2011, 10:59:09 PM »
Just saw the game now.  Feliz text meh the score after 30mins.....I was like nah!!!!!  But after watching that game.  USA did all that they could do.  Even with luck for each team the score would have been 7-3 in favor of Mexico.  Mexico has been killing teams in this Gold Cup so no surprise there. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 27, 2011, 01:29:58 AM »
Breds even the blind could see that the U.S. losen up on mexico and let them back in the game,

Nah, JC, I beg to differr bro. US loosen up on Mex with an early 2-0 lead. No way. Mexico beat the US convincingly, at least to me. Some of the goal may not be spectacular. So what? Look the US is no longer a walk over as 20 yrs ago for Mex. The Mex. and them know that. They does come prepared to play the US now. And you must remember the vast majority of the US victory has been in the US and the one WC victory abroad. But team don't take each other lightly anymore. I expect the US to continue challenging Mex., which is good for the region. That means the rest of the region)Carib) have to come better to beat them 2.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 27, 2011, 07:31:38 AM »
is dos santos the mexican ronaldinho?

that 4th goal was superb

why cant usa defend like that when we play them?

or 

we dont have the ball brains to play like that?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 27, 2011, 08:04:54 AM »

that 4th goal was superb

or 

Trinidad aint playing that level of football to skin open America like that.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 27, 2011, 08:17:30 AM »

that 4th goal was superb

or 

you could say that, he does look like him but you have to remember that ronnie was his role model back when they were both back at Barcaleona. Also he and his brother is half mex/brasil. But his touches in the box def. reminded me of Dinho.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 27, 2011, 08:51:17 AM »
I don't undersyand why Dos Santos doesn't make a bigger impact in club football. He's obviously a very talented play. I think someone alluded to he's something like Miroslav Klose, but some coach out there must be able to get that out of him at club level.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: June 27, 2011, 09:31:38 AM »
It have men who shine at the club but can't carry their national team(Messi, the verdict still out on him, plus he has youth on his side). Dosantos shine at the national team level but, is unable to hold down a spot in a big club. That is the way the cookie crumbles sometime. I would love to have him on TT side, even if he was playing for the Hardest XI.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 27, 2011, 09:34:57 AM »
Breds even the blind could see that the U.S. losen up on mexico and let them back in the game,

Nah, JC, I beg to differr bro. US loosen up on Mex with an early 2-0 lead. No way. Mexico beat the US convincingly, at least to me. Some of the goal may not be spectacular. So what? Look the US is no longer a walk over as 20 yrs ago for Mex. The Mex. and them know that. They does come prepared to play the US now. And you must remember the vast majority of the US victory has been in the US and the one WC victory abroad. But team don't take each other lightly anymore. I expect the US to continue challenging Mex., which is good for the region. That means the rest of the region)Carib) have to come better to beat them 2.

plus some of  those Mexican players are from the 2005 under 17 world cup team which they won
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 27, 2011, 10:41:51 AM »

i may be wrong eh, but I don't think the US ever beat the Mexico in Mexico, far less in WCQ...

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 27, 2011, 10:49:05 AM »

if the wolfman (the old right back..... forgot his name) and oneywo was in that game mexico woulda caught hell to score one single fackin goal, as you could see three of mexico's goals were extreme defensive errors, if yuh don't believe me, the next time mexico play the U.S. in any serious competitive game that goodson fella and the full backs would not feature.   trust meh!

All these comments about Mexico get lucky, Mexico was not that outstanding, US step off the gas is a lot of bull. I mean are you really serious!!!! Mexico came out to win and kept pressing till the end. US was just out played and out gunned by a very youthful and vibrant Mexico team. Why would you step off the gas in a final of this magnitude, that don't make sense???? I thoroughly enjoyed this game from beginning to end, and just like the MAN U vs BARCA final, nuff football went down! DOS SANTOS  was pure poison and my man of the match, they could not contain him! GOOD LAWWD AND THAT GOAL WAS A BEAUTY!!!!
 Borneo's goal was class as well
Sad for TNT because I cannot see us beating either if these teams for the upcoming qualifiers. We have to get a team first LOL
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:52:25 AM by grskywalker »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 27, 2011, 11:22:12 AM »
Just Cool I searched for a report or blog or live commentary that supports your opinion that USA was dominating that period where they score 2.  I could find none!  The comments I see is that despite conceding, Mexico was dominating play.

Mexico was the more attacking team all game, including the opening period where USA got their goals.  Not that the US didn't attack, but the play was very even.
In that opening 20-something minutes, USA managed to take their chances while Mexico did not, that was the only real difference between the two at that point.
All Mexico did was continue in attack the same way they began.

Mexico made defensive mistakes too.  For Bradley's goal the defender let him run free.
For Donovan's goal, the defender did the same, he did not stay with Donovan as he ran across the area to collect the final pass.

For Mexico's first goal, there was no defensive mistake, it was just a beautiful pass and a good run and shot.  Mexico's 2nd was due to a big mistake by the US defender.  On the third, the mistake I guess you will refer to is the poor clearance that fell to a Mexico player.  However they still had time to recover from that one.  On the 4th I think the defenders just got bamboozled after Gio got away from Howard.  Allyuh see Jones actually run AWAY from Gio?  That was kicks.

Mexico had 9 shots on goal vs 4 for the US.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 27, 2011, 12:31:17 PM »
Ah right allyuh take MDCNT win nah man and loww meh, after all it's just my opinion, who says that it have to be right. ::)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:00:08 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 27, 2011, 01:50:58 PM »

that 4th goal was superb

or 

Trinidad aint playing that level of football to skin open America like that.
Breds, this is the weakest USA defense in almost 10 yrs. as a matter of fact, this might be the weakest USA team i've ever seen.

the team that came to HSC in 2008 that we beat in the 2nd round WCQ was stronger than this team minus bradley, donovan, dempsey, howard, oneywo, bocanegra, but they did have  heath pearce , beasley, edu, altidor, charlie davies, sacha kljesten, frankie hejduk, freddy adu. the only new comers were micheal orrozco and danny callif,  jose toress was just getting his feet wet but he featured in a few games before that, and yeh brad guzzan.

in the yrs gone by with coby and mc bride the US was bussin arse, but this team would take good licks in the future.

ah know as much as allyuh want tuh rate up mexico, they are not this great team ppl make them out to be. remember jamaica beat them not too long ago and the same honduras team that JA buss with ah B squad , mexico catch their nennen tuh beat. i feel this time around if T&T get their act together (which i doubt) we could qualify for brazil, BC concacaf don't look so strong this time around after all.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:31:00 PM by just cool »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 27, 2011, 02:46:04 PM »
Just Cool... the Mexican defense was very suspect, and that was even before Rafa Marquez went down.  I doubt anybody saying this Mexican team great or unbeatable.  But with Chicharito and Gio up front Mexico will give any team in the world right now some pressure.  If Barrera round into form on top of that and they'll be even harder to stop.  The biggest difference now between this Mexican team and teams of the past that you mention is Chicharito.  You mention Jamaica... you honestly think Jamaica beating this team?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 27, 2011, 02:53:30 PM »
Just Cool... the Mexican defense was very suspect, and that was even before Rafa Marquez went down.  I doubt anybody saying this Mexican team great or unbeatable.  But with Chicharito and Gio up front Mexico will give any team in the world right now some pressure.  If Barrera round into form on top of that and they'll be even harder to stop.  The biggest difference now between this Mexican team and teams of the past that you mention is Chicharito.  You mention Jamaica... you honestly think Jamaica beating this team?

Doh forget Guardado - the guy is quality.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 27, 2011, 03:19:16 PM »
 I think Mex. could take on England now in Wembley or Azteca and give them a run for they money.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 27, 2011, 03:33:41 PM »
Mexico got lucky, plain and simple. USA tried to play the italian Catenaccio, it sucks the opponents in, and after they lost hope hit them on the counter, but been solid and not letting goals in have a big part in this. After Mexico scored, it was shattering this style of play by the americans as they have almost perfected the art of it.

While some may suggest passing fluently etc is considered the"right" way to play football, i beg to differ, been solid and more clinical is beautiful in itself, like the great inter side of 2010.

Mexico got lucky Demspey and Goodison missed their chances, especially duece volley that rocketed off the cross bar. Mexico was lucky.. they had the lions share of possesion but couldnt do anything with it.

I agree that USA let up the pressure and became careless after the 2 goal lead, credit to mexico fans, they weere the real winners on the nite.

Curiously i found this: The system was made famous by the Franco-Argentine trainer Helenio Herrera of Internazionale in the 1960s who used it to grind out 1 – 0 wins over opponents in their league games.

INTER :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:35:48 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 27, 2011, 03:39:17 PM »
After Mexico scored, it was shattering this style of play by the americans as they have almost perfected the art of it.

With all due respect to American soccer, they haven't almost perfected anything in the game... They still have a decent ways to go in pretty much every department, and even they know it. 

Italian Catennaccio my arse...

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 27, 2011, 03:44:26 PM »

Mexico got lucky Demspey and Goodison missed their chances, especially duece volley that rocketed off the cross bar. Mexico was lucky.. they had the lions share of possesion but couldnt do anything with it.

You are so right about this comment...all they coulda muster was a measly 4 goals  :D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 27, 2011, 03:46:16 PM »

that 4th goal was superb

or 

you could say that, he does look like him but you have to remember that ronnie was his role model back when they were both back at Barcaleona. Also he and his brother is half mex/brasil. But his touches in the box def. reminded me of Dinho.

Doh forget he used to get plenty sweat in Rijkaard's Barca, so he know what it is to play for a big side. I think is ill-discipline or something throw him off.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:50:46 PM by richpy »
Ketch footballitis

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 27, 2011, 03:58:46 PM »
alyuh so f'ing closed minded and brutal on this site eh... i gorn yes. tell me thou... all the bad usa is .. tnt cant touch dem. something for u all to mutter about.i freaking hate dos santos.. such a little fagget sheesh!

1]; } ?>