March 28, 2024, 07:00:30 AM

Author Topic: Yorke running de London Marathon  (Read 5182 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke running de London Marathon
« on: March 07, 2011, 07:09:46 PM »
He raising funds for Blind and Visually Impaired children.

CLICK HERE to go to Dwight Yorke's fundraising page
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke running de London Marathon
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 07:17:37 PM »
nice work Yorke...keep it up and good luck

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 08:18:35 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 08:20:10 PM »
hmmm ah creative way to pay chile support...

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 08:26:14 PM »
Man good wee..  :-\ ::) do yuh thinh Yorkie
All American

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 07:57:29 AM »

:D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 11:37:36 AM »
 :beermug: :beermug:
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 05:28:17 AM »

At it again: Jordan will be running this year.

Gary Speed may have been the fastest ex-footballer to have completed the Virgin London Marathon in the last five years but he will have his work cut out to stay on top of the pile.

The Wales manager is running again this year and among his competition from the game will be former Aston Villa and Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke, Muzzy Izzet, who made his name at Leicester, and former Wimbledon, Tottenham and Charlton defender Chris Perry.

Yorke is aiming for a time close to three hours and could be 49 minutes faster than Speed's previous best if he hits his target.

The striker may not be an obvious marathon runner given his partyboy reputation but he assures me his training is going well and that he is built for endurance running.

One thing which could provide incentive for Yorke is to ensure he is nowhere near his ex-lover Jordan, who is also running but doesn't think she will come in much faster than six hours. Let's just say she might not be built for it.

Other celebrities are though and, as promised, here are the best times from the last five years (year ran, age, time):

Liz McColgan, 2007, 42, 2hrs 50mins 38s

Will Ash, 2008, 31, 2.58.36

James Cracknell, 35, 2.59.11
Tony Audenshaw, 2008, 43, 3.01.55

James Cracknell, 2006, 33, 3.00.10

SOURCE: - Daily Mail
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fergie and Yorke are friends reunited as United boss backs bid to raise £50k
By Leo Spall (Daily Mail)

David Beckham, Jaap Stam, numerous referees and the BBC might disagree with Dwight Yorke's claim about Sir Alex Ferguson.

But the former Manchester United striker – who was sold by the club when there was intense focus on his lively private life - insists that the Scot does not hold grudges.

'We had moments and if you step off the mark you get punished,' said Yorke, who was sold to Blackburn For £2.6million in 2002 after four years at United.

'If you don't stay within the boundaries of what United expect of you, you have to move on. When your time is up, that is it.

'But Sir Alex doesn't hold anything against you - or he would have a few things against me!'

Yorke had joined United for £12.6m from Aston Villa in 2008 and given great service. He scored 66 goals in 152 games in total but was frozen out of the side in his final year as his relationship with model Jordan and party-boy lifestyle put him on the wrong side of Ferguson.

Yet today Yorke insists the pair are close and reveals the United manager has even agreed to pay £1,000 in sponsorship for the striker's Virgin London Marathon attempt.

'The perception is that we fell out, but I still get Christmas cards from him,' said Yorke. 'I go to training in the United camp from time to time. Sometimes I still think I am a player and the manager has been exceptional towards me, inviting me there.

'I watch the team change, talk to Sir Alex and it is great. We have a glass of wine after a game if I am there.

'On top of that he is donating £1,000 to the run and most of the United players are contributing as well.'

Yorke is running the marathon to raise money for the Vision Charity, which works for the benefit of blind and visually impaired children and has supported the son he had with Jordan, Harvey.

Ferguson is not the only notable football personality backing his effort to raise £50,000, former Aston Villa chairman Doug Ellis has pledged £1,000 too.

But that does not mean the United boss does not hold grudges, just that some of them whither over time. Beckham and Stam are not Fergie's foes in the way they were any more either but you get the impression, with the former England captain at least, that their differences are more forgotten than forgiven.

However, Yorke will not hear a word said against his former manager, who is currently serving a touchline ban for his latest outburst against a referee. The TV pundit evidently takes some responsibility for their falling out too, suggesting his tendency to do everything 'full-on' has meant some of his more tabloid moments have overshadowed his on-field achievements.

'There is no half-hearted stuff with me,' said Yorke. 'If I have a night out, I have a good time. If I play football, I do it as well as I can. There is no in between.

'But people don't praise my football because they see the other aspect. You don't get to play for United and win trophies like I did without putting the effort in.

'That is the big disappointment me for me. Those things are in the record books and you can't take them away.'

Those things, as he describes them, were 29 goals in 48 games as United won the treble in 1999. They wrote his name into the club's folklore and even though he never got anywhere near those heights again, it was an impressive peak to reach.

These days Yorke still loves his football and does some work for Sky. He likes a night out too - spending a week of his training period at a Caribbean carnival this month - but he insists he has not let his body go two years into his retirement.

'Maybe I could finish the marathon in three hours if I do well,' he said as he prepared for his first test over 26.2 miles.

'I have always done reasonably well with endurance work. Even as a player I did well in the distance running. I have looked after myself since I retired and am always in the gym at home.'

Does that mean Yorke will be pounding London's streets on 17 April with a trademark smile from ear to ear?

'I am sure there will be the odd grimace along the way,' he said. 'But at the beginning and, hopefully, the end, it will be there.'

To contribute to Yorke's fundraising effort, go to http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/DwightYorke

Adidas are the official kit supplier for the Virgin London Marathon and will donate £40 to the chosen charities of runners who wear their trainers on the day, have an active Virgin Money Giving account and register.

For more information, go to www.adidas.com/londonmarathon

giggsy11

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 01:26:55 PM »
Hope he does well. I think Fergie dislikes Beckham and his wife appeared continuous need to be in the spotlight! Stam is a scout for United.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 07:02:28 PM »

:D
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 05:47:41 AM »
He's expected to finish in 20 minutes or so..  :beermug:

(ie. 20 minutes from now...not that he will run the whole thing in 20 minutes  :rotfl: )

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 06:14:44 AM »
Dwight at mile 25...I think he's walking to the end  :beermug:

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 06:17:51 AM »
Ok, breaking out in a jog now...approaching the finish...

His time.... 3:32  :applause:

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 06:17:57 AM »
just crossed de finish line, smiling as always  :beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 07:05:52 AM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 07:49:40 AM »
He eye looking clean man... he take ah purge or what?

Anyways... congrats Yorke, that is no small feat there.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 10:04:55 PM »
He eye looking clean man... he take ah purge or what?

Anyways... congrats Yorke, that is no small feat there.

Yeah congrats to him & no small feet for him to run that time cause he shoes look much bigger than usual in trute!  :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 10:06:47 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 05:33:03 AM »
Yorke was on Talksport this morning. Said he hit the wall at 23.5 miles and walk the rest. He still do good to finish at two and a half so his early pace must have been torrid.

He praise Ferguson for donating big money and supporting the cause.

Overall Yorke public interview skills real improve, he was impressive.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 12:54:34 PM »
All work and no play makes Jack Dwight a dull boy... ;)

He's certainly got a type: Dwight Yorke heads home after night out post-marathon with TOWIE's Chloe Sims

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1378127/Hes-certainly-got-type-Dwight-Yorke-heads-home-night-post-marathon-TOWIEs-Chloe-Sims.html#ixzz1Ju0io9KV

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 01:12:49 PM »
lol, Yorke is a stamina man, yes....de man run a flickin marathon and still have de energy to roll into Whisky Mist to pick up some skets....

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 01:38:58 PM »
well congrats again yorkie..nice run in the marathon......and yuh tote ah bess ting back to the cabin  :beermug:  Nothing wrong wit dat!  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 02:50:02 PM »
 :beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 03:02:21 PM »
3:32 is still a respectable time.  Average of 8 min mile pace over 26.2 miles is pretty impressive. 

Most eh beating that even if they "run" the entire thing. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 03:03:51 PM »
it have occasions... i does play a 90 mins game on a sunday morning and ah next one in de evening... and dat does be it for me for de rest of de week

Full respect Mr. Yorke!  :applause:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 03:32:48 PM »
Is dem behavior that used to piss off Sir Alex.  Stamina or not, Sir Alex would have preferred him to be in bed dem hours recovering after such a gruelling feat.   ;)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 08:45:50 AM »
lol, Yorke is a stamina man, yes....de man run a flickin marathon and still have de energy to roll into Whisky Mist to pick up some skets....

Dais why he only run 23 miles..the energy needed for the final 3miles was goin and be used elsewhere

De man pace heself just right
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 12:10:43 PM »

Dais why he only run 23 miles..the energy needed for the final 3miles was goin and be used elsewhere

De man pace heself just right

:rotfl: allyuh not easy atall...so we boy know what he was doing all de while

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 12:16:52 PM »
Nice Yorkie, congrats on de race. On a different note, do yuh thing sah, take no prisoners. AS dey come by, strap up and ress de Bago bamboo on dem. Ah cah live dat life no more, but ah will still rate ah true player. Player, player, play onnn  ;). HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:19:34 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2011, 05:49:57 PM »
Pre-marathon interview
<a href="http://www.viddler.com/player/13e2dbc6/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.viddler.com/player/13e2dbc6/</a>

1]; } ?>