March 28, 2024, 04:37:30 AM

Author Topic: Coca Cola, Soca & Football!!  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Coca Cola, Soca & Football!!
« on: March 10, 2011, 12:22:55 AM »
Kitch's son Kernal Roberts is doing some production work for Coca Cola!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yo4fjShfB54" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yo4fjShfB54</a>

Look out for some serious world wide exposure for soca music with the release of a coca cola endorsed soca song & video for the next world cup and other Coca Cola sponsored events!   8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline D#_1_TrInBa

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Coca Cola, Soca & Football!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 09:35:03 AM »
yea big up...can you guys do a remix? a slower tempo...i think we will hear that song in july 2014...when our first "in game" goal will be scored...and the cup will be our...:)

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 05:15:18 PM »
The song nice but I don't think it ready for an international market. I Trini and I find, initial listen, the lyrics hard to catch. Patrice song on the riddim easier to understand (auto tune??). With the correct video it probably would be a better fit for Coca Cola internationally.

That said sneaking this in the football section a lil ambitious.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 05:29:19 PM »
clarity not there and the tempo too fast, knan they reference but knann had a much slower tempo for the wc song.

the song isnt a crossover song for the intl market but may be used in the caribbean

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 08:30:15 PM »
clarity not there and the tempo too fast, knan they reference but knann had a much slower tempo for the wc song.

the song isnt a crossover song for the intl market but may be used in the caribbean

Who is you to decide if the song is crossover or not, the music God?!  ???
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 12:09:42 AM »

its called giving an opinion based on the fact i know the US music industry inside out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 01:00:09 AM »

its called giving an opinion based on the fact i know the US music industry inside out.

Still waiting for you to drop your Grammy selling album then I'll start believing that egotistic claim!  ::)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:15:25 AM by Socapro »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 11:11:58 AM »

Still waiting for you to drop your Grammy selling album then I'll start believing that egotistic claim!  ::)

God willing, in due time breddah 8)

1]; } ?>