April 28, 2024, 03:55:13 PM

Author Topic: Major Earthquake hits Japan  (Read 22766 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Major Earthquake hits Japan
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2011, 08:35:01 AM »
The wave would have lost height and energy,no that's Impossible.

I cyah believe you even answer dat, lol.  The highest Tsunami ever recorded is 1,700 ft.  The average height of the Andes is 4,000 ft.  It would take one helluva wave to get up and over that mountain.  Even if it did.. the average width is about 300 miles... not only would teh energy dissipate before even crossing, the water would be trapped and siphoned off into the many little valleys among the mountain range.

All this to help underscore just how ludicrous Kamla's statement is.  Manning's isn't as ridiculous given that a Tsunami threat might manifest from different places in the Atlantic... but threat from a Pacific Tsunami?  Come on.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2011, 08:48:25 AM »
it early he just wake up .

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2011, 09:02:21 AM »
All this to help underscore just how ludicrous Kamla's statement is.  Manning's isn't as ridiculous given that a Tsunami threat might manifest from different places in the Atlantic... but threat from a Pacific Tsunami?  Come on.

:rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2011, 01:57:04 PM »
The wave would have lost height and energy,no that's Impossible.
The highest Tsunami ever recorded is 1,700 ft. 

:o
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2011, 02:13:27 PM »
Global flood.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2011, 02:20:39 PM »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2011, 05:05:27 PM »
one of the nuclear plants may be headed to a meltdown, i now hearing that from CNN
Youtube Channel

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2011, 07:08:21 PM »
one of the nuclear plants may be headed to a meltdown, i now hearing that from CNN

what does this mean exactly?
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2011, 07:18:37 PM »

i heard of two meltdowns in my life ,3 mile islan and chernobyl lol ,cnn fear mongering one wonders.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2011, 07:48:13 PM »

u dont know what a nuclear meltdown mean/is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_meltdown
Youtube Channel

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2011, 08:07:15 PM »
DHW....thank you....a better understanding...

Quag thank you for putting things in perspective...CNN like tuh panic people

Hearing that a Germain Nuclear Expert has been brought in and they poured Boric Acid into the Furnace to help contain it but there will be a little bit of Radioactivity in the air because of the pressure on the furnace.
Ah say it, how ah see it

truetrini

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2011, 08:54:27 PM »
Japaniclear people have a bad reputation...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2011, 09:04:13 PM »
 :-[

[9:54 p.m. ET, 11:54 a.m. Tokyo] A meltdown may have occurred at at least one nuclear power reactor in Japan, the country's chief cabinet secretary, Yukio Edano, said Sunday.

He also said that authorities are concerned over the possibility of another meltdown at a second reactor.

"We do believe that there is a possibility that meltdown has occurred. It is inside the reactor. We can't see. However, we are assuming that a meltdown has occurred," he said of the No. 1 reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear facility. "And with reactor No. 3, we are also assuming that the possibility of a meltdown as we carry out measures."

Edano's comments confirm an earlier report from an official with Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, who said, "we see the possibility of a meltdown."

A meltdown is a catastrophic failure of the reactor core, with a potential for widespread radiation release. However, Toshihiro Bannai, director of the agency's international affairs office, expressed confidence that efforts to control the crisis would be successful.
Youtube Channel

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2011, 09:28:44 PM »
Quote from:  Bitter
There's a thing few realize: drive from Port of Spain to San Fernando and you go from the Caribbean to South America

This is misleading... if not false. 

Since the context is plate tectonics, and the source is a blog, it's merely an interesting observation. On a geologic time scale, as the 2 plates continue to move, the island as we know it will shear in two, with one part remaining on the Caribbean plate and the other with the South American plate.

By geologic time, I, of course, mean 2012  ;)

Wha dah mean? We in Point go be talking Spanish soon?
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2011, 09:41:48 PM »

Hearing that a Germain Nuclear Expert has been brought in and they poured Boric Acid into the Furnace to help contain it but there will be a little bit of Radioactivity in the air because of the pressure on the furnace.
So after reading into it what does it mean ,is there such a thing as a small meltdown or a controlable meltdown ?

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2011, 10:23:27 PM »
when it rains, it pours oui. japan cah ketch a break. is one ting after d next
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2011, 10:26:43 PM »

So after reading into it what does it mean ,is there such a thing as a small meltdown or a controlable meltdown ?

Washington Post interactive explanation of the whole thing:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/world/japan-nuclear-reactors-and-seismic-activity/?hpid=topnews
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2011, 11:08:16 PM »
Jah, Kamla really say that...?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2011, 07:17:50 AM »

d sad ting is I feel Manning or Rowley might say someting equally dumb, sad fact is most ah we trinis eh as smart, learned as we like to pretend we are

the use of big words and skillful wielding of "SAGHS accents" does not intelligence make
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2011, 07:41:13 AM »

d sad ting is I feel Manning or Rowley might say someting equally dumb, sad fact is most ah we trinis eh as smart, learned as we like to pretend we are

the use of big words and skillful wielding of "SAGHS accents" does not intelligence make

i remember a man ask if Argentina in the middle east , no joke.
Youtube Channel

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2011, 12:57:52 PM »

I have come to the conclusion that some trinis know everything, there is to know about everything.

I took my wife to TnT last year (my cousin was marrying an indian boy and they wanted a huge indian wedding) I wanted my wife to see some trini culture.

We bounce up a trini fella whose daughter was in the US and she was doing fairly well for herself. Dat man bombarded us with all sorts of ridiculous questions and personal advice. My wife was visibly annoyed, and I was getting uncomfortable in that suit I was wearing. The fella hit meh one ah nearly dead. He say if I could afford it, I should install a "cucuzi" for my wife and I, that it real nice and his daughter had one! He said that I should leave Georgetown, DC because dat eh no real place to live, Long Island New York better (probably is, if that is your thing)...  if I lived in Long Island I would have land to install a 'cucuzi"  and I should get an American express Gold card (dat was out de blue)

Also when I was a kid my father took me to see independence day, when the alien space ship crash landed in de desert and the movie ended shortly, Ah fella in National get up and exclaimed, "whey sah ah cayr believe they leaving that thing dey, it must have real copper wire inside..."

So I learned that some TnT people are just not to be argued or questioned with...

I heard the Aussie PM address the US congress and is a stark difference between her and Kamla... and to me Kamla just repeating mistake after mistake...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:01:06 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2011, 01:15:18 PM »

Manning is a Geologist... you really think he would ever say anything quite as foolish?  Say what you want about his personality, but there is nothing in his history to suggest he would ever say anything as ridiculous as that.

... and to me Kamla just repeating mistake after mistake...

Kamla not repeating mistake... she just finding ingenious ways to make new ones.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2011, 03:11:51 PM »

Manning is a Geologist... you really think he would ever say anything quite as foolish?  Say what you want about his personality, but there is nothing in his history to suggest he would ever say anything as ridiculous as that.

... and to me Kamla just repeating mistake after mistake...

Kamla not repeating mistake... she just finding ingenious ways to make new ones.

manning put foot to mout on more occasions dan I care to count, I'll buy the geologist argument on dis count, but yuh have to look at it in context of people doing all in dey power to always give d impression dat dey "on d ball" an' "doing someting"..........complete wit d obligatory media whoring dat has come to characterize d PP
, if Manning would not have done same or similar out of stupidity, it would definitely be for getting dem "we doing someting points". an remember as said above, d average trini ent really dat smart, I sure plenty trini lap up dat shit Kamla spew
I pity the fool....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2011, 05:45:11 PM »
Satellite Photos of Japan, Before and After the Quake and Tsunami
Move the slider to compare satellite images, taken by GeoEye, from before and after the disaster.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/03/13/world/asia/satellite-photos-japan-before-and-after-tsunami.html
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2011, 06:09:13 PM »

I went Martinque wit some students and teachers from bago. A teacher ask if Martinque in d Cbbean. I guess d French had her confuse.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2011, 08:40:00 PM »
Soldiers warn of tsunami threat in NE Japan

SOMA, Japan – Soldiers and officials in northeastern Japan are warning residents that the area could be hit by another tsunami and are ordering residents to higher ground.

Sirens around the town of Soma went off late Monday morning and public address systems ordered residents to higher ground.

Read More.........
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2011, 09:04:27 PM »
second explosion at the nuclear plant now
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2011, 09:07:20 PM »

LAWDDDDDD FADDERRRRRRR
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2011, 09:20:44 PM »

LAWDDDDDD FADDERRRRRRR

oh geez and ages!!!.... :o :o :'(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2011, 08:35:08 AM »
Allyuh take in this video from start to finish...

the power of nature is astounding... this ting start from a trickle washing up the streets normal...

by the middle of de video i was bawling, "Run soldier run!!!"

by the end i was sit down slack jawed

http://gizmodo.com/#!5781566/this-is-the-scariest-first+person-video-of-the-japan-tsunami-yet
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>