0 (0%)
Bertille St Clair
3 (3.2%)
Clint Marcelle
0 (0%)
Anthony Rougier
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Best local coach we currently have.  (Read 5033 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Best local coach we currently have.
« on: March 16, 2011, 10:34:25 AM »
I figure, we will not get a foreign coach since the TTFF have to pay up top dollars to the 2006 WC 13 players.

So I feel we will have to settle for a local.

My choice.

1. Terry Fenwick
2. Lincoln Phillips
3. Stuart Fevrier

VOTE FOR 3 - make three choices
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:42:25 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Best local coach we currently have.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 10:39:31 AM »
I figure, we will not get a foreign coach since the TTFF have to pay up top dollars to the 2006 WC 13 players.

So I feel we will have to settle for a local.

My choice.

1. Terry Fenwick
2. Lincoln Phillips
3. Stuart Fevrier

VOTE FOR 3 - make thress choices
yah forget Mc comie oh what .

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 10:51:25 AM »
...I guess "local" in this case means local-based and not local-born........In which case I like dem three coaches and I also guess this is at the senior team level. Lewwe please leave mccomie outta this....he have the "best ego" but I will give it a couple more years and hope to see Leonson Lewis be considered among this type of "name-calling".

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 10:55:27 AM »
Lincoln Phillips does coach ah team?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 10:59:17 AM »

He might not be coaching any team but he is a very highly accredited and well respected coach in concacaf. If I'm not mistaken he either held or holds a post with the ussf as well, and, as much as I am a hater of all things US, I cyah say nutt'n 'bout their system of coaching and developing coaches.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 12:03:58 PM »
Best local coach for which team?

If it's a youth team then Jean Lillywhite

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 12:37:11 PM »

He might not be coaching any team but he is a very highly accredited and well respected coach in concacaf. If I'm not mistaken he either held or holds a post with the ussf as well, and, as much as I am a hater of all things US, I cyah say nutt'n 'bout their system of coaching and developing coaches.

so is Anton Cornmeal but ah didnt see him make dat popular 3
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 01:05:19 PM »

That was just one man selection,you can name yours and include Anton.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 01:07:32 PM »
Shouldn't Latapy be on that list?

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 01:28:50 PM »
Despite his mishaps... I would have to say that Lester Young's name should be up there to choose from.  Also, Ron La Forest should be there as well.  I enjoyed most of my fitballing days playing under these two coaches

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 07:50:23 PM »
Sam for your sake I hope TnT National team start playing football again... cause yuh fishing with yuh recent threads... but stay strong...  :beermug:

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 08:33:03 PM »

Very good choice indeed!!!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 08:44:49 PM »

:beermug: :beermug:  :beermug:

Yuh absolutely....god call dey!

anton has been given his chance.  He eh sure what he doin'.....

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 09:11:09 PM »

Yes but answer the question nah ...has he ever coached a team ? any team ? blackboard coaches are for blackboard sessions .... he may have developed coaches ...but we are looking for a coach so we want a coach who has coached successfully ......after we get rid of the TTFF of course !

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 09:15:11 PM »
For me by far the best coach we could get locally is SV Fervier !!
but he wont get called ..neither gally cummings ...so why are we fooling ourselves with the idea that the TTFF is looking for the best coach ?
As long as they can keep us  barefoot and pregnant ...we will never look beyond the boundary they set for us ...anything we get is good sah ! yes sah ! no sah ! how high sah .....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 06:43:47 AM »
As coach we have some real shittie ones boy.

These men are some of the worst one - Michael McComie, Russell Latapy, Anthony Rougier, Angus Eve and Clint Marcelle.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 07:24:58 AM »
Of all the local coaches we have had Gally is the only one who has lifted our football to make it competitive with the better teams in CoNcacaf which is what we need if we have any aspirations to have a good run for World Cup! There is nothing like playing and living among your competitors to know how to deal with them! He has lived in Mexico and has the best record as a player still against Mexico!
I am sure you all will agree if you can deal with the likes of Mexico and Honduras you have a chance and that is where people like St Clair and Eve  failed miserably!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 08:08:23 AM »
Seeing that we will not be hiring a world class, foreign, experienced coach anytime soon, this is a very valid topic.

Hard to tell our best local coach...
Gally has not coached top level I think for a while, so might not be best fit.
Fervier had an opportunity in the past and didnt really perform that well.
St Clair I think still has something to offer, not sure if its national senior team.
Cornmeal should be kept in some capacity, just solely based on his experience.
Tiger - I aint think he interested in the wuk to be honest.
Zoran Vranes - should be part of the setup.
Terry Fenwick - inho should be given a chance to lead the senior team.

U hadda look at T&T football wholistically and what we need - and thats on field discipline and structure. To keep that at a high level, we hadda improve fitness twofold, but that not really the head coach job.
I know Fenwick have issues with the TTFF and local football fraternity, so I doubt he will veer get a chance.
At this level, u need someone with experience managing against north and central american teams... Guys like Eve et al have promise, but they still  need to craft their trade and get that invaluable experience...But he shuld def be kept in the mix and given a chance to develop.

based purely on football track record at different levels, ability to get maximum out of players (esp young ones as we rebuilding):

Fenwick should be Senior TD
Vranes and Cornmeal as assts

BSC as head U20 and U17 programs (olympics done so no more U23's)
Eve as asst

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 08:09:24 AM »

Fervier had an opportunity in the past and didnt really perform that well.

Patently not true... he did not have much of an opportunity and certainly it cannot be said that he didn't perform well
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 08:23:04 AM »
Are Fenwick and Fevrier local coaches? I know they have coached locally for a long time but as far as I know they are British and St Lucian and came as big men and would not have the sense of history and endogenous knowlege which would have been passed on from our great players in our history!
Are they naturalised citizens? I don't know but I think they can be valuable in our rebuilding process and we should use the best talent we have available locally!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 08:52:43 AM »
Trinitozbone,,,,

Fenwick and Fevrier understands more about our football culture than many Trini born coaches - PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They even won more titles than many locally born Tirins.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 09:13:46 AM »
grovsner better than half ah them
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 09:59:45 AM »
Are Fenwick and Fevrier local coaches? I know they have coached locally for a long time but as far as I know they are British and St Lucian and came as big men and would not have the sense of history and endogenous knowlege which would have been passed on from our great players in our history!
Are they naturalised citizens? I don't know but I think they can be valuable in our rebuilding process and we should use the best talent we have available locally!
U looking for a coach or a history teacher? I take local coach to mean has been coaching in t&t for some time, and they both fit the bill. We need somebody who could really get into them fellas head and get them to play for the shirt, like how mourinho does it. Thats why there is that emotional bond in his teams, which in turn plays out on the field. Each man is playing for the other. Idk which one of our coaches can do that though.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 10:12:52 AM »
First here is abit of info about Mr Lincoln Phillips credentials which should not be ignored ,  no disrespect any but its simply to inform the younger forumites who has never seen  lincoln perform as a player and his proven worth as a coach... i have seen him at his best i was a youth, at the time  he played for regiment  / which is now the defence... !!!  now being said here are some facts about his coaching credentials ..(A).Lincoln Phillips as coach of howards university won the division 1 championships in 1971 and 1974 .  he was also goalkeeper coach of the U.S mens senior national team , and under23 national team .. !! if am not mistaken was an assistant to bora milutinovic while bora milutinovic was the U.S mens coach as well...!! Mr Lincoln Phillips is the of a bachelors and masters in Physical education as well holds a ussf coaching badge..... hence in my estimation should be highly considered in any capacity as he is also known to be strict on discipline ... he will serve his country well ..Trinidad and Tobago will benefit from his knowledge undoubtedly.... other personnels to keep in mind are,(B) Gally Cummings , who has played in central america mexico to be exact and is familiar with the fooball culture there,  Gally is also a disciplinarian and knows his football , not forgetting his outstanding record against the mexicans i cannot forget 1973 in haiti to this very day  i meet haitians  here in  montreal  who still remembers  the names gally cummings , warren archibald and steve david ...( C) Terry fenwicke and Stuart Charles these are my imput choices   

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 10:28:24 AM »
I believe coaches like Gally, McComie, Alvin, Anton, Eve etc ... and any hard head locals will not do a good job as far as the foreign based goes.

For example, do you think if Gally was coach if Birchall would have got picked for T&T ?

Lincoln Phillips and Stuart Charles are from the old school but I prefer them because they are more open minded and up to date with the mordern game.

Vranes is decent but he is to soft and will be run over.

Fenwick is not favored by the TTFF, I wish he was as he would have been a decent choice or at least given a chance !!!!

Marcelle, Rougier, Ross Russell, Shabazz and Isa are just dummy coaches.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:32:40 AM by Errol »

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 11:14:11 AM »
Errol first up don't chop meh head off for asking this, am not sure i get it  but maybe u can enlighten me ,  you have mentioned both stuart charles and lincoln phillips are from school   help me understand  like an enquring i'd like to know  help me understand nah breds  like i say its nothing personnal i just wanna know what u meant by that ? aren't they useful  in the overall sense knowledgeably for the game in tnt .... as a useful note i may point out alex ferguson  he is old school and running things manchester utd and successfull too can he be called school as well?   am just asking meh bro remember we are all here   wanting the very best for the overall upliftment of football in all of TNT , both individuals mr stuart charles and lincoln phillips  should be kept in eyes view as they both have much to offer and should not be ignored , i imagine  you want the same for football home as well .. over to you breds much respect

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 11:25:51 AM »
they are British and St Lucian and came as big men and would not have the sense of history and endogenous knowlege which would have been passed on from our great players in our history!

Yes, Fenwick is British, but he has been in TT long enough to under our football even if never never played locally. If he is ever selected to coach tne national, I will have no problem withat. He should know that he has to win. At this moment in TT football, winning is everything as far as it pertain to coaches. They have to make bread out of stone.

Charles played the majority of his football in TT. He started in Fulham, Arima and I think went to ASL. Lots of people said he was at one time the best stopper in TT football. I never seen him play, but knowledgeable people in TT told me so. I heard he wanted to play for TT at the time, but citizenship was an issue(just like Wouter). He did coach TT but I don't think Jack had him as a long term coach. He was just a filler for when Jack picked the next coach. Charles reminds me of Wenger of Arsenal. The owners belief in their coach no matter what. He and John-Williams appears to have a great understanding. Why would JW keep as coach for all these years. I can't even remember Connection first coach.

Either he or Fenwick would be okay with with. Or both coaching the team would be great also.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2012, 11:39:20 AM »
Dennis Lawrence
 :beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2012, 11:44:12 AM »
Yes Stuart charles played for ASL  , was a standout at stopper . excellent distributor of the ball was also very calm under pressure , i enjoyed watching him play  in PSA under the lights  nuff crowds @ the games  back then  jeezanages it sounds like  so long ago ,  and yes as a matter of fact he wanted to play  for TNT i can't recall though  the reason it didn't materiialise.... but was an excellent player  .......

1]; } ?>