April 28, 2024, 12:38:07 AM

Author Topic: T&T Coaching staff..  (Read 2278 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Coaching staff..
« on: October 20, 2005, 08:14:14 AM »
 I am kind of confuse to why Beenie will use only one striker when playing at home.. T&T have been doing good wid his formation but a 3-2 or a 2-1 win againts Bahrain will not cut it in at home.....T&T Cant have BARRIN score. I see Beenie using almost de identical formation for home and away games.. Yes de team is geeting de Results dey need ,  but TNT Have gaven up 3 goals at home in there last 2 outings.. Both games TNT had to come from de back to win..TNT Cant allow BARRIN to score.. If BARRIN loose 3-2 or 2-1 IN Trinidad dat will actually be a victiory for dem .. Dat one man foward thing dont mek sense especially having "BM lover" play out of position.. Both game TNT won in Trinidad and de one in Panama is because "BM lover" was pulled back into de midfiled where he belongs... Put Mr SJ and KJ up front and let dem do dey thing..Wid de tall defenders BARRIN have I dont think stern will have luck wid the air ball, but wid KJ innah de mix BARRIN will not know what to expect...
TNT have to win this game 3-0 anything less than dat TNT is in trouble.. ...
I cya wait another 16 years and I will not waite another 16 years for this. I getting to flicking ole so players  go out there and play for your country!!!!!!!
"SM"  hook dem fellas up wid some Ali'S doubles when dem hit Trinidad mek sure de man put sum good pepper in it for dem and get a sweet thing from central tuh put a wine on dem .dem might feal sey dem home and lapse out when game time cum....
warmonga..
I tekin no prisoners is straight body bag so tag dem up fi mi
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Coaching staff..
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 08:35:06 AM »
Beenie won't disagree with you that he is using one striker, but he will argue he is using 3 attackers. For him its a flexible 4-3-3. For others a 4-5-1. But its his team and who are we to argue.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 12:40:03 PM »
as long as we winning and scorin i happy, one striker seemed 2 work against mexico and panama, so y not bahrain, dey aint no powerhouse team, until it doesnt work out, den change it at de half, but if it does, stay wit it

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 01:08:50 PM »
War..To ansa yuh question about the use of the 4-5-1 formation. Most of the top successful European teams employ this system eg.  ManU.. It stabalizes the midfield...plus we doin good so far.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 01:23:05 PM »
Jones and John need to start upfront Bench Birchald.

we need 2 point men for this home game.

Jones could run back and help the defense he fit for days

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 01:36:49 PM »
jones dont look like he goin 2 start against bahrain, john will get de nod, jones will come off de bench if johnis not effective

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »
Nah, I feel we keep to what going for us.
We playing 4:5:1, yes. but in reality like Observer say, we have nuff attackers.

Between John, Latapy, Yorke, Carlos, Seaton and even Birchal bussing shot, we have lots of offensive ammunition.
And we aint talk bout Air Dog and his runs and headers.

We have to keep the team solid.

Remember Spann will be coming back, and does overlap and attack nice with Edwards on the right, even more dimension than the Mexico game.

Attack wise, we good.

Its is, and always has been a question of structure and organisation and defense for T&T teams.

5 in the middle good.

If we not getting goals, or they score, yes, bring on Jones for a more attack oriented configuration.
If we getting the goals and we want to close up, bring in Theobald.

Offense is not our problem.

Also, dont be too nieve in only wanting a 3-0 at home.
Yes, we would love that and it will be very good.
But 2-0 and 1-0 are good results too. The key is the advantage we will have, and they will be forced to attack in the return, thus we can adjust strategy to cope and make advantage of it.
Even a 0-0 draw at home, although not what we want, I still confident we will prevail, cause I know we will always be capable of scoring. Then it become a case of just avoiding a loss in Bahrain, once we draw with them with goals scored.
We have to attack yes, but more importantly, we cannot by any means allow them to score in Trinidad.
That could break our back in the long run, just like the 5-1 we get in Guatemala almost come back to haunt us in the end for goal difference.

If we play our normal game, between the fans and the will of the team, and the quality of our players, we can impose our tempo on the home game and get the result.

A 2-0 for me is the most realistic and safe result I can see.
I prefer 2-0 rather than 3-1, just because of the away goal, and the confidence I have in my team of scoring in Bahrain.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 01:41:59 PM »
4-5-1 is lookin good so far, y devaite when de formation is workin, if it wasnt workin den change it, 5 mids are solid, especially wit teams dat depend heavily on their mid

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 01:42:31 PM »
If it ain't broke don't fix it...The Mexico home game was a must win. We play wid 1 foward and we win...only change we go make iz at de right back...we could always bring on Jones in de second half

Jones and John need to start upfront Bench Birchald.

we need 2 point men for this home game.

Jones could run back and help the defense he fit for days
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 01:43:46 PM »
agreed, dats exactly my point, y change de formation whe it workin well

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 01:53:25 PM »
The Mexico Approach work because Mexico was not fighting the game.

We need to take this game to this side against mexico we was waiting for chances.

If we play like we did against mexico we will win 1-0 or 2-0 and this will leave the door open to them in the second leg.

My aim is that we can get this series in the first half

4-0 first half will kill they sprit keep the crowd in the game and keep us going forward.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 06:36:35 AM »
yu see de formation is not bad but remember TNT have not played a team wid dat Height up front ..This  BARRIN team have very tall players, With KJ  and SJ upfront , TNT could play de air ball and also the ground ball..But wid stern upfront alone , Stern cya win no air dey..  ..Some one stated dat TNT should drop Birchall and play KJ who could always run back I think this could be a good idea..Look TNT need to press BARRIN wid full force de first 20 minutes see what dey got....and as One of de posters says maybe the series could be dun innah de first half !!!!!!!!!!
God luck TNT
"we a tekin no prisoners,  is straight body bag so tag dem up mi fi"
Black Lives Matter..

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 01:53:11 PM »
I dunno if knd 1 and 2 does be lookin at the same matches I does be looking at, but excluding the last mexico game, birchall is the only man I see who every single game played win at least one ball from an opposing midfielder by tackling.  true, the man passes does be errant sometimes...but think about that interms of the whole structure of the game - a man who have ther potential to turn the oppostion possesion int your own posession. 

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 02:14:38 PM »
A 4-5-1 on paper can translate to a good 4-3-3 on the field (point already made in a previous post) ----- this system offers a lot of flexibility as the coach sees it, and if it's required to send the ball primarily through one wing its an easy call as well.... :chilling:

TrinInfinite

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 02:15:47 PM »
i say go 4-5-1, bess formation so far, most effective

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »
Beenie won't disagree with you that he is using one striker, but he will argue he is using 3 attackers. For him its a flexible 4-3-3. For others a 4-5-1. But its his team and who are we to argue.

Observer, could not agree with you more.

Beenie is the one that know waht men doing in training. We hire him to make these decisions, if he say 4-5-1 is the formation. I doh see the players in practice and I for one don`t have credentials like Beeni man.

I trust Don Leo decision , thats why we pay him.to make the best assessment for the team

1]; } ?>