March 28, 2024, 03:21:47 AM

Author Topic: World Cup 2011: WI v India  (Read 4235 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: World Cup 2011: WI v India
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 02:43:50 PM »
All yuh guh disagree wid dis one but WI are actually improving.  Ok, hold on, hear me out.

A few years ago both batting and bowling were essentially 1/2 notch up from associate level (w/1 or exceptions).  Now at least in the bowling dept. we are restricting the opposition total and in the batting dept. the top order are getting the starts, the middle and lower order are still struggling and not b/c of abilit but mental ineptitude.

With that said, I really don't expect much moving forward but if I compare this team w/WI ODI teams from a few years ago, they are doing marginally better albeit in a losing effort vs top cricket nations.  And this is w/o Barath and Bravo Sr

If you were my therapist you would loose yeh wok cause you not making me feel better  :D

:rotfl: oh gawdo, ah lose meh wuk, ent Che, so it go, we have some ways to go
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: World Cup 2011: WI v India
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 07:38:52 PM »
All yuh guh disagree wid dis one but WI are actually improving.  Ok, hold on, hear me out.

A few years ago both batting and bowling were essentially 1/2 notch up from associate level (w/1 or exceptions).  Now at least in the bowling dept. we are restricting the opposition total and in the batting dept. the top order are getting the starts, the middle and lower order are still struggling and not b/c of abilit but mental ineptitude.

With that said, I really don't expect much moving forward but if I compare this team w/WI ODI teams from a few years ago, they are doing marginally better albeit in a losing effort vs top cricket nations.  And this is w/o Barath and Bravo Sr

If you were my therapist you would loose yeh wok cause you not making me feel better  :D

:rotfl: we thou always make yuh feel betta.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>