April 26, 2024, 09:50:11 PM

Author Topic: To walk, or not to walk.  (Read 1984 times)

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
To walk, or not to walk.
« on: March 21, 2011, 10:31:45 AM »
The decisions of Ricky Ponting not to "walk" after being wrongfully given not out and Tendulkar to "walk" in a similar situation against Rampaul in this World Cup has sparked up the "walking-not walking" debate yet again.

http://mg.co.za/article/2011-03-21-tendulkar-ponting-polarise-opinion-on-walking

I'd like to pose to my fellow forumites the question of whether they would like to see batsmen walk or not.

In addition, I've been hearing from a lot of my Indian friends that Tendulkar has always walked on every occasion , which conflicts with my recollection. I don't remember any specific incidents and may be off-base with my recollection. I do remember clearly Lara walking on every possible occasion.

Forumites how do you remember it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: To walk, or not to walk.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 07:25:17 PM »
The decisions of Ricky Ponting not to "walk" after being wrongfully given not out and Tendulkar to "walk" in a similar situation against Rampaul in this World Cup has sparked up the "walking-not walking" debate yet again.

http://mg.co.za/article/2011-03-21-tendulkar-ponting-polarise-opinion-on-walking

I'd like to pose to my fellow forumites the question of whether they would like to see batsmen walk or not.

In addition, I've been hearing from a lot of my Indian friends that Tendulkar has always walked on every occasion , which conflicts with my recollection. I don't remember any specific incidents and may be off-base with my recollection. I do remember clearly Lara walking on every possible occasion.

Forumites how do you remember it?

Lara d walker I always remember d 1993 series v India d fella struggle struggle and walk on 91. Since then I does  :applause: :salute: d fella.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:53:40 PM »
Class is class, cyar really say Pointin and dem fellas have class, I remember when we was on de downturn and dem on de upturn (Richie captaincy), de biased commentary comin from down under on a WI tour was de worse.  I applaud Sachin fuh walkin on Sunday, many say de game did not matter and if it did he would not had, I doh know if true or not, odders wid more data culd comment.  On dat note, Rampie bowl a beauty to geh him boy, is a testament of how good Sachin is dat he actually geh ah knick, most odder batsmen wulda play and miss
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:30:44 PM »
Class is class, cyar really say Pointin and dem fellas have class, I remember when we was on de downturn and dem on de upturn (Richie captaincy), de biased commentary comin from down under on a WI tour was de worse.  I applaud Sachin fuh walkin on Sunday, many say de game did not matter and if it did he would not had, I doh know if true or not, odders wid more data culd comment.  On dat note, Rampie bowl a beauty to geh him boy, is a testament of how good Sachin is dat he actually geh ah knick, most odder batsmen wulda play and miss

How dem old crook and dem go have CLASS.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 09:46:19 PM »
I heard Sachin dont walk never does ,like 100% say ,the ball was such so brilliant he justed walked .

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 05:08:50 PM »
The only man who always used to walk was Lara.

And the only person from Australia's team to ever wak was Gilchrist and he was lambasted for doing so by his "team mates".
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 06:09:05 PM »
I walk once on 24 in sec. schools league, 1 short of meh maiden 1st class 1/4 century
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 07:15:31 PM »

And the only person from Australia's team to ever wak was Gilchrist and he was lambasted for doing so by his "team mates".

Gilchrist jump on the walking bandwagon later in he career. Mustbe had an epiphany

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 09:11:29 PM »

EXACTLYYYYYYYYYY

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 09:31:34 PM »

EXACTLYYYYYYYYYY
Not only, Sir Garfield Sobers used to also.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 10:33:46 PM »
am sure my dad would agree traditionally there had thousands .Lara was a throw back to the true spirit of the game .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 11:25:22 PM »

EXACTLYYYYYYYYYY
Not only, Sir Garfield Sobers used to also.

Eh doubt dat 1 bit.
am sure my dad would agree traditionally there had thousands .Lara was a throw back to the true spirit of the game .

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNN

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 07:15:31 AM »
I walk once on 24 in sec. schools league, 1 short of meh maiden 1st class 1/4 century

:applause:

;D ;D ;D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 01:45:14 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Since when sec school is ist class?  :rotfl:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 02:27:54 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Since when sec school is ist class?  :rotfl:

:rotfl:

1]; } ?>