March 28, 2024, 10:42:22 PM

Author Topic: Developing the Football Brain!  (Read 2771 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Developing the Football Brain!
« on: March 23, 2011, 08:27:59 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9421702.stm

interesting read on bbc.com/football

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Developing the Football Brain!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 09:26:49 AM »
"Elsewhere Canada, the United States, Nigeria, Egypt, Austria, Germany, France, Brazil and Turkey have been in contact with Bruyninckx about his method. "

We will always be one step behind.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 09:48:42 AM »
"The man say train bare foot"

We looking at foreign for solutions when everything you need is right in front of your eyes

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 10:32:01 AM »
This confirms the fact for me that this bunch of idiots in the TTFF that call themselves technical directors have no clue about the first thing when it comes to developing football and talented players in the country. It is really sad to see how lame brain these people are.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 12:34:42 PM »
I really really love this article.....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 12:39:06 PM »
I have nothing against learning new methods, it is the only way for inovation and eventual success. But the way you guys heaping scorn on the local coaches is rediculous. Everytime the man up north put out something on paper we have to jump on the bandwagon and them condemn our coaches because they not doing this or that.  
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:48:43 PM by Deeks »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 12:45:41 PM »
There are many ways to bake ah cake, which one is correct?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 02:23:23 PM »
Welcome to the world of "Exercise Science". I majored in this area (Concordia University,86), and in actively seeking employment in TT (& canada), got hit with, "what is that, you can try if you want, but that is not how yuh train ppl". I could not get paid to work in the field then, possibly too new, and had to abandon that calling to put food on the table. Does it work more than traditional methods, can't say for sure, however, it has allways been the basis of my coaching philosophy. Unfortunately, I have not coached extensively at any significant high level to come to a definite conclusion, even if I believe in the method, and it has been relatively successful for me at the metropolitan levels. Find it hard to believe that more than 24 years later, it is still considered new. :'(

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 11:46:11 AM »
You know come to think of it. The TTFF and the strongman of tnt doh want these players to get smart at all. Then they will see the bull and they go be real trouble for them to handle. Capeche. Keep dem proverbially barefooted & brain dead.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:56:16 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 11:50:19 AM »
You know come to think of it. The TTFF and the strongman of tnt doh want these players to get smart at all. Then they will see the bull and they go be real trouble for them to handle. Capeche.

What about the individual clubs and coaches. Clubs can impliment which ever developmental model they believe will give the players the greatest chance to learn to play the game. I believe each PFL team has a youth program in place, what models are they using, if any at all.

At the same time what are the mandates from the TTFF to clubs as per player development?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 01:14:46 PM »
You know come to think of it. The TTFF and the strongman of tnt doh want these players to get smart at all. Then they will see the bull and they go be real trouble for them to handle. Capeche.

What about the individual clubs and coaches. Clubs can impliment which ever developmental model they believe will give the players the greatest chance to learn to play the game. I believe each PFL team has a youth program in place, what models are they using, if any at all.

At the same time what are the mandates from the TTFF to clubs as per player development?

The clubs don't have the money!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 01:53:58 PM »

Implementation of a developmental structure does not require money, mainly vision and understanding are prerequistes.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 03:10:33 PM »

Implementation of a developmental structure does not require money, mainly vision and understanding are prerequistes.

Unfortunately, that is not true. For instance, I am certain that if you were prepared to go to a Pro League team and offer to run your course for free, they would let you. Ask them for $250 per week and they will say no. Even at senior level, clubs struggle to pay coaches. At youth level, everything spent is an expense with no gain. Yes, one of your U13s may be sold at 17/18, but that is 5 years away. Most clubs are struggling to budget for next 6 months, so they can't invest for a return in 5 years time. Until corporate Trinidad backs football, coaching and youth development will be a nice idea but never really supported.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 03:52:48 PM »

Unfortunately, that is not true. For instance, I am certain that if you were prepared to go to a Pro League team and offer to run your course for free, they would let you. Ask them for $250 per week and they will say no. Even at senior level, clubs struggle to pay coaches. At youth level, everything spent is an expense with no gain. Yes, one of your U13s may be sold at 17/18, but that is 5 years away. Most clubs are struggling to budget for next 6 months, so they can't invest for a return in 5 years time. Until corporate Trinidad backs football, coaching and youth development will be a nice idea but never really supported.

Connection, JP and probably jabloteh could implement that program. But the coaches in them teams done set in their ways. Steuart Charles more inclined to the Brazilian school of thought. Jab. has Fenwick with his English approach. JP could go any direction. They have had a coach almost every year. But the rest of clubs scrunting. The gov't teams Police, DF, WASA, Fire Services, TTEC will not invest in that. They will go the easy way and vie for the high school and youth team players. More than likely they will only employ a local coach. Also with this new gov't, we don't know how those teams would fare if they decide to do a budget cut.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 06:53:57 PM »
Football Supporter is correct, without funding there is little to no chance a meaningful and sustainable developmental program can operate. There is little to no immediate financial return on investing in a developmental program. That's why I cringe everytime I hear people talk about the need for government to operate like businesses. Without corporate and government funding, the clubs cannot be expected to underwrite the type of player development program needed for T&T.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 07:34:50 PM »
So with the above in mind, where will PFL clubs expect to get players from? Pick them up at 19 from school and daiz it?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 09:15:05 PM »
please don't focus on my writing method (no paragraphs), just the suggestion...

Supporter, the coaches are already in place, the various development programs are free, there is no addtional expenditure of anymore funds, than what is in operation now..you just have to convince whoever is in place now, to apply different and varied methods...the ole "try something", as long as they can justify a reason for the exercise....One can't just spend money, and development is attained..how those talent manifest itself ? as Elan pointed out, how do non-professionals/schoolboys demonstrate skill, so are they to be stuck at that level upon turning pro? nobody pay them..yuh even see ah team of youths just go out and beat big teams, why....it starts with you, and I mean You supporter..it can be done, right now, once you and everyone else start to believe there are other ways, other than financial to accomplish greater growth and development than what at present exist, then the development would already be started...if one feel it is dependent on funds, then the lack of such in a professional setting would always be counter-productive...that is an example of the type of program it is....from management to training, make do with what and who you have, you don't need me or anyone else...and I would do it for free, however, the issues there become "who is he" "he feel he know more than we" "who he ever play for" "whey he come from"...because of some insecurities and fear of losing power (or whatever), the focus is changed, that's why I think it also a good idea to use the resources that already in place, your job being (difficult, I agree) to have them open their minds and grow, then they are more open to different things and usually anybody, you are the teacher, and if they head hard, yuh doh war with them, you try harder to bring them along, carry them if you have to....that is development in itself..I think, it would transfer throughout the whole football fraternity, however,if ppl still constantly thinking money is necessary, then it becomes so..
as stated it's only a theory, I have only tested at a amateur & semipro level, with relative success..I had to pull out of going further for personal reasons, yet tell meh what yuh think

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 10:08:32 PM »
Story time  ;D
nb: it's not about me, as much as an experience, and about some coaching strategies pertaining to the main article
as an example on the above subject, I had a newly formed team with a bunch of kids(18-22) a surbub(NDG) wanted to move into the men's Snr league,they only had intercity up to Jnrs.. since management wasn't my forte, the 1st 2 practices were run without balls...my fault, not telling the prospective manager which field we would be using, but the boys were fresh and open to ideas..after the usual physicals, we played small goal for 20 minutes, no ball, I asked them to visualize the passes, emphasis was on coverage and man marking..they visualize all passes as being perect, so man-marking had to be exceptional to defend and block..it accomplished 2 things..primarily good defensive coverage and team work, and by the third practices, when we did get balls, the passing was way better than normal...I kept that drill throughout the season..that team took me(I played sparingly during the early games on a few occasions, mostly for coaching/demonstration purposes) to the provincial finals, where we lost on penalty kicks...guess I should have worked on those...
None of the guys became big players, but when a few I do run into now and then, thank me for success as coaches, using similar strategies..I tried similar 'weird' drills at the snr womens level, as an asst coach, however, i had 7 provincial players and 3 National players to start with..they won the league, however, I feel out with the then head coach(who was one of my old coaches) for changing the team organization (I moved the 1st stopper to striker), as he found I changed his strategy in a game he was absent, even if that player scored 4 goals and we won 7-0..their manager asked me to stay and replace him, and I felt I had to refuse as my respect and friendship with him,was more important to me..I did again at semipro (ramblers), but eventually left that team, because I would only get a 50% turnout at practice and family commitments seemed more important at the time, however, we placed 9 players on the league allstar team, playing against a visiting 2nd division Italian team and a newly formed Montreal ManicSupra , precursor to the Impact..I don't remember the scores..
my point is, I studied all this stuff and was able to put into practice to some extent, including physiological, and phycological related drills but then realize there were other factors beyond my control - politics, attitudes, and predujices but rarely funding..wasn't totally a determining factor, at the time I worked for transportation only, the players at the semipro level had some meagre funding...which I had asked the owner not to do, without attendance and performance, he did anyway for a few, and then those that didn't get what they thought they deserved, started missing, so in fact, money did cause some measure of  problems
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:19:13 PM by maxg »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 02:26:26 PM »
"Elsewhere Canada, the United States, Nigeria, Egypt, Austria, Germany, France, Brazil and Turkey have been in contact with Bruyninckx about his method. "

We will always be one step behind.

more like 10 steps

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 06:11:44 AM »
could this be what we need?we have people playing aimlessly and these are national players.NO BRAIN.   

1]; } ?>