March 29, 2024, 07:41:22 AM

Author Topic: Chad OchoCinco begins trial with Sporting Kansas City  (Read 4660 times)

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: Chad OchoCinco begins trial with Sporting Kansas City
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 02:54:18 AM »
Give me ah fu***n break nah !!
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 06:23:21 AM »
Saddest, Ocho is funny is heck man....Nothing more than a publicity stunt... Hey, it's gives the MLS some much needed publicity and we know Chad craves the same LOL
Arimian to meh heart

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 06:29:29 AM »
Saddest, Ocho is funny is heck man....Nothing more than a publicity stunt... Hey, it's gives the MLS some much needed publicity and we know Chad craves the same LOL

If davyjenny replace dem exclamations marks with ah question mark, he could well be asking for de same opportunity for a tryout dat (Ochocinco,85,Chad Johnson) get.  :-\
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 08:00:24 AM »
Ochocinco is trying to outdo Charlie Sheen. They all want the limelight. Having lived in foreign for a while I have no issues with that. It is all about publicity. All we can do is laugh at him as he makes a fool of himself. Look Ghaddafi son wanted to play for Juve or some Italian team.  Let the jackass bray.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 08:25:19 AM »
He is one attention whore eh.

His momma named him Chad Johnson, I'm a call him Chad Johnson.

Ochocinco my ass.

Més que un club.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 08:26:46 AM »
Ochocinco is trying to outdo Charlie Sheen. They all want the limelight. Having lived in foreign for a while I have no issues with that. It is all about publicity. All we can do is laugh at him as he makes a fool of himself. Look Ghaddafi son wanted to play for Juve or some Italian team.  Let the jackass bray.

Nah, you yuh real outta timing trying to class Ocho with the rest of them fellas... the man is no fool and he's hardly a jackass.  He's long made known his love for the sport, stating that this was the sport he played growing up in Miami and that it was his first love.  Most people recognize this for what it is, a mutual publicity gimmick, but the man has always shown love for the game when most in his position would be deriding it.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 08:31:23 AM »

Nah, you yuh real outta timing trying to class Ocho with the rest of them fellas... the man is no fool and he's hardly a jackass.  He's long made known his love for the sport, stating that this was the sport he played growing up in Miami and that it was his first love.  Most people recognize this for what it is, a mutual publicity gimmick, but the man has always shown love for the game when most in his position would be deriding it.
Well said Bakes...I don't see the problem with this. It can only help the MLS, now whether or not he makes the cut is a different story but the man been a huge football fan from ever since I've been following him. It does shed some light into the difference in fitness training between sports the fact that he was outta breath by the end of practice tho

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 09:04:16 AM »

Well said Bakes...I don't see the problem with this. It can only help the MLS, now whether or not he makes the cut is a different story but the man been a huge football fan from ever since I've been following him. It does shed some light into the difference in fitness training between sports the fact that he was outta breath by the end of practice tho
Actually I think it's less about the difference in fitness training and more about the effort that you put in when forced to move in a manner that you're not used to. I don't think there is any question that Chad Johnson is fit. Maybe not in peak form but I'm sure he's fit.

I find that in situations like this when you're used to one type of activity and you try something 'new' it feels like your body is almost fighting against itself to get anything done. Why? Because your body tries to do what it is used to doing and you're trying to get it to do something else. The effort required to make these adjustments is probably a large part of why he was out of breath the end of the practice.

I believe the real indicators of his fitness are how long it takes him to recover and to adjust.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
Chad might be an attention whore as some people may call him, but I just see the man as someone who knows how to market himself, have fun doing it and keep people entertained at the same time.  As much as I like his style I never knew he was a big fan of the sport or that he played as a youth and his love and repect that he conveys for the game in this lil' snippet seems sincere.  I like the fact that the difference in fitness requirements for the different sports is brought to light, though.  Both sports have a whole lot of bindingly similar and polar opposite requirements in everything but I really think it takes significantly more endurance and cardio development to play the beautiful game.  He eh go make de cut but I find he showing a healthy respect for his current relation to the game.     

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 09:53:38 AM »

The man was on Fox Fan Fone-in, was interviewed several times during the World Cup... always juggling (or trying, lol) a ball during NFL practice all kinda thing.  Nuff times I start to post a vid or something and change mih mind because I know the kinda reception it woulda receive here.  Chad eh seriously trying to make no team though... he know whey he bread buttered.

EDIT:

Here's an interview from 4 yrs ago that he did with ESPN

Jen Chang

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- On the field, Cincinnati Bengals All-pro wide receiver Chad Johnson is known for his flamboyant style and touchdown receptions. Off the field however, he's a huge soccer fan and took the time recently to speak with ESPNsoccernet about his passion for the game.

ESPNsoccernet: What's your connection to soccer and tell us why you have an affinity for the game?

CJ: Since I was little I loved it. Of course, as I was growing up in Florida, in Miami, you play as many sports as possible to develop the skills as a little kid. As you get older, you see, well really your parents see what you play or adjusted to the best. It was soccer and football that I stuck with as I went through junior high. Once I got to high school, it came to a point where I had to choose one which best fit me to make it to the next level. I went with football, but soccer was always my first love.

ESPNsoccernet: Was it hard for you to give up soccer?

CJ: Yeah it was, but I mean it was common sense, it wasn't as big as it needed to be for me to get where I wanted to get. I probably would have had to move across the States or outside the country and I didn't have the means to at the time.

ESPNsoccernet: What position did you play? And which current player were you stylistically reminiscent of?

CJ: Forward. And [Didier] Drogba.

ESPNsoccernet: Do you still watch a lot of soccer?

CJ: Yeah a little bit, whenever I have time. Whatever comes on the channels that I do have at home and when I'm able to watch it.

ESPNsoccernet: Which team do you follow?

CJ: Favorite team? Out of everybody? My favorite club team -- probably Arsenal.

ESPNsoccernet: Do you have a favorite player?

CJ: Thierry Henry, [laughs] of course.

ESPNsoccernet: You went to London recently to visit Thierry Henry. Did you train with Arsenal?

CJ: Nah, I just watched a couple of games, one was a Champions League game so that was interesting. I hung out with Thierry and also Ashley [Cole] from Chelsea a little.

ESPNsoccernet: Those guys get treated like rock stars over there. Did anyone recognize you?

CJ: Yeah they did, at the Arsenal versus Reading game, the people in the box, they knew who I was.

ESPNsoccernet: What's your relationship with Thierry Henry, how did the two of you meet?

CJ: We met last year, sometime in September. We're both fellow people of Reebok and [the company] hooked us up. He supported me all throughout the season and I always promised him I would come out to London and watch him play when I got a chance, so I got the chance and went down to see him.

ESPNsoccernet: Does that mean we'll be seeing Thierry at a Bengals game this year?

CJ: You know what? He said he is when he has time, he said he's gonna get here.

ESPNsoccernet: Henry's one of the fastest soccer players in the world -- reputedly a world-class sprinter. Who would win a race between the two of you?

CJ: [Laughs] I'd win.

ESPNsoccernet: Were you surprised at the U.S.' peformance in last year's World Cup? Did you have higher expectations for the squad?

CJ: I did. Yeah I did. They played well, unfortunately they didn't make it far, but they played well.

ESPNsoccernet: Which U.S. player stands out for you and impresses you on the field?

CJ: [Landon] Donovan, maybe.

ESPNsoccernet: Have you followed MLS much in the past?

CJ: No, not really. It's a different kind of game watching MLS and European soccer.

ESPNsoccernet: Your impressions of David Beckham signing? How much of an impact do you think he'll make?

CJ: It's good for MLS, he'll fill the seats up and bring a different type of excitement to the game.

ESPNsoccernet: Are you planning to watch Beckham play?

CJ: If I get the chance, if my schedule is free, I would like to see him.

ESPNsoccernet: You filmed a Super Bowl commercial with Beckham earlier this year, did you get a chance to speak with him much?

CJ: I never did get to meet him, they filmed us separately.

ESPNsoccernet: Who else on the Bengals is a fan of soccer?

CJ: I think I'm the biggest fan -- the biggest fan of it -- I mean I literally love it, watch it continuously seven days a week. But some of the coaches also follow it, their kids are into it a lot.

ESPNsoccernet: Rumor has it that you drove Coach Lewis crazy juggling a soccer ball during practice?

CJ: [Laughs] Yeah that's the way I warm up, before games, during the season, in practice, in between drills, in between practice I use the ball, just juggling the ball all day.

ESPNsoccernet: Presumably you're the best soccer player on the Bengals, who else has some skills?

CJ: T.J. [Houshmandzadeh] ... he tries [laughs].

ESPNsoccernet: Have you come across any other pro athletes in other sports who follow soccer like you?

CJ: I heard Steve Nash [Phoenix Suns] plays, as far as football players, most of the kickers in the NFL are good.

ESPNsoccernet: You also recently visited Kenya to undertake some goodwill work. Can you tell us about that?

CJ: It was interesting. It was a very different experience out there man, they love soccer out there. I went to visit a school and they were playing soccer with a bunch of tape all rolled and bundled together. The following day we went back with some soccer balls and they went crazy. That was a nice feeling seeing the kids so happy about that.

ESPNsoccernet: The chieftain of the local village said he'd build you a mud hut if you went back there. Are you planning to visit again?

CJ: Yeah -- I think I might try to do it sometime in July before we come back to training [camp]. It'd be a different experience to try living their way, no electricity, no cell phone, no nothing, so I might try to do that.

ESPNsoccernet: Can you envision a future where the U.S. wins the World Cup one day?

CJ: Yeah, I think so.

ESPNsoccernet: What do you think it's going to take for soccer to get more mainstream here and considered one of the "big sports" in the U.S.?

CJ: I think it's going to need more of the bigger players from Europe to come and play here. I think it would get more interesting and also have some of the teams from out there come and play here more often.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=420353&root=us&cc=5901
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:05:00 AM by Bakes »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 09:54:36 AM »

Worked on a video in his earlier days for Comcast Sports Science... basically we filmed his reach ability as wide receiver (ability to catch a ball from a standing position and leaping into various directions around him) Someone filming joked he should be a goal keeper with that reach and he joked he liked playing soccer as a kid...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 10:07:03 AM »

Worked on a video in his earlier days for Comcast Sports Science... basically we filmed his reach ability as wide receiver (ability to catch a ball from a standing position and leaping into various directions around him) Someone filming joked he should be a goal keeper with that reach and he joked he liked playing soccer as a kid...

Goalkeeping is harder.....but I'm sure WR's would argue the opposite.  ;D  :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 10:24:59 AM »

Goalkeeping is harder.....but I'm sure WR's would argue the opposite.  ;D  :beermug:

That forker is an athlete oui... his coverage (catching ability) had a circumference of 20 ft.... around him in almost any direction and 40 inches in vertical coverage off the ground (added to his reach).

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 10:29:55 AM »

That forker is an athlete oui... his coverage (catching ability) had a circumference of 20 ft.... around him in almost any direction and 40 inches in vertical coverage off the ground (added to his reach).

Hey Daft u work at Comcast?

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 11:56:38 AM »

Circumference?? Perhaps yuh mean 'radius'??
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 12:04:39 PM »

Circumference?? Perhaps yuh mean 'radius'??

yes...

I cayr post the video for Comcast but here is the FSN version... slightly different but you get the Idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hquBATZjsRk

Saw him give Ray lewis a stick of deodorant and told him that is how he smells... cause ray would never catch him...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:06:59 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 12:22:13 PM »

Hey Daft u work at Comcast?

Yuh need Fox Soccer since ICE seized ATDHE.net...?  :beermug:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 12:29:39 PM »
Daft hook meh up with a fancast password nah...

i go owe yuh one
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 12:07:53 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xhHNodHq5CU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xhHNodHq5CU</a>

Chad getting some kicks in a Sporting KC reserve game... emphasis on "kicks"  ;D

He didn't make the cut but they kept him on as an "honorary reserve player".  I doh care who eh like him Ocho make mih like him even more after this.  Sure it's driven by publicity, but it's all harmless and in good fun.  Plus, Wilbon make a good point on PTI today... unlike most of his NFL peers, he has a place to work out and keep in shape.   Smart move by all ;)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 05:49:43 AM »
Not bad ... I've seen worse .... the man is a fan of the game just like I am (course he doh have my abilities obviously but... ) big up to him.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 06:18:12 AM »
Big up Chad!!! That was just a publicity stunt all on good fun and he was a good sport about it. I'm sure going in from the start mangement know he wasn't going to make the cut but it did give KC some PR since they've been on just about every sports higlight around the country because of this. Now more people know who Sporting Kansas City is.

Offline Yaw

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 07:35:24 AM »
Guz, ah know you could give ochocinco a run for he money when it comes to reach :-)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 08:56:37 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xhHNodHq5CU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xhHNodHq5CU</a>

Chad getting some kicks in a Sporting KC reserve game... emphasis on "kicks"  ;D

He didn't make the cut but they kept him on as an "honorary reserve player".  I doh care who eh like him Ocho make mih like him even more after this.  Sure it's driven by publicity, but it's all harmless and in good fun.  Plus, Wilbon make a good point on PTI today... unlike most of his NFL peers, he has a place to work out and keep in shape.   Smart move by all ;)

Completely agreed, a feel good story and good publicity for himself and the league.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 08:46:25 PM »
Guz, ah know you could give ochocinco a run for he money when it comes to reach :-)

lol ... u is tears yes .... anyway no joke I sure you could start on that team .. I give yuh a month ah fitness work and you'll murda dem young boy easy easy and then I get my 20% agent fees plus 10% friend fees lol

Offline Yaw

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 09:49:24 AM »
Guz.  Yuh mathematics real off there.  If I take my 98% how you fugure on getting 30% :-)

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 12:12:09 PM »
He wasn't too bad from what we saw. In fact I'm going out on a limb to say if he had continued he would have been in Europe playing. With his size and speed, in addition to the coaching he probably would have gotten, Chad could have developed into a very VERY good player.

But he big respects to him for doing what he did. Just for that I would like to shake his hand.

Blessings and enjoy de day.
Richard G.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 12:29:54 PM »
He wasn't too bad from what we saw. In fact I'm going out on a limb to say if he had continued he would have been in Europe playing. With his size and speed, in addition to the coaching he probably would have gotten, Chad could have developed into a very VERY good player.

But he big respects to him for doing what he did. Just for that I would like to shake his hand.

Richard G.

Richard you closer tuh de game than me so I would have to defer to your jugdment... but Europe??  You really think he have that kinda potential (even if we look past the age thing)?

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 12:50:13 PM »

Richard G.

Richard you closer tuh de game than me so I would have to defer to your jugdment... but Europe??  You really think he have that kinda potential (even if we look past the age thing)?

I am hoping that Richard meant if he had continued from his high school days and not now...if it's that, then yeah, maybe...but if he meant currently, then I would have to agree with bakes on this.  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 02:32:23 PM »
Guz.  Yuh mathematics real off there.  If I take my 98% how you fugure on getting 30% :-)

Papa your 98% would be of remaining 70% of the gross which in theory would still leave you owing me 2% and uncle tom's % in taxes  ... cheers   :beermug:

1]; } ?>