March 29, 2024, 09:50:29 AM

Author Topic: Otto Pfister Appointed Coach Of Trinidad & Tobago  (Read 15223 times)

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Otto Pfister Appointed Coach Of Trinidad & Tobago
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 07:37:25 AM »
dem journalist seems to be gettting dey info from this site.Both stories came out from stories here earlier yeaterday.

You sound surprised at the laziness  :devil:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF to confirm Pfister appointment
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 07:44:44 AM »
Pfister is expected to be paid in the region of US$50,000-$60,000. However, the cash-strapped TTFF is dependent on the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs to release funds to pay the salary for the national coach.

Camps hinted that arrangements with the Ministry are close to being finalised.

"It's being worked out," he said. "We are not quite there yet, but we are working on it."

aah boy,,Spalk dolin out taxpayers money on behalf of a company that in a financial shit storm
ah wonder if any of them journalists that does read here go aks him bout the glaring hypocrisy
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF to confirm Pfister appointment
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2011, 08:26:13 AM »
Pfister is expected to be paid in the region of US$50,000-$60,000. However, the cash-strapped TTFF is dependent on the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs to release funds to pay the salary for the national coach.

Camps hinted that arrangements with the Ministry are close to being finalised.

"It's being worked out," he said. "We are not quite there yet, but we are working on it."

aah boy,,Spalk dolin out taxpayers money on behalf of a company that in a financial shit storm
ah wonder if any of them journalists that does read here go aks him bout the glaring hypocrisy

Nah they does just get info from here not d ability 2 have testicular fortitude.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 09:22:53 AM »
this guy is 73...ah just hope he not here for a retirement paycheck

If this news is true which seems to be the case (as Tallman confirm it), then yuh could stop hoping as yuh spot on!
That's exactly what he will be in T&T for, a retirement paycheck!

But I'm not even going to get optimistic about any so-called new coach & T&T football until our 2006 World Cup players have all their bonus money in their bank accounts & Oliver Camps is gone as a result!!

Then and only then I can start taking T&T football and us qualifying for any world class tournaments seriously!

Socapro...you hoping a wrong hope....right now the ball in minister JW hand...and who you think is their smiling , laughing and shaking his hand minister of sport Anil.....go figure?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 10:44:38 AM »
he well qualified here ....

" Pfister was selected as the head coach of Togo on February 18, 2006, after former coach Stephen Keshi was dismissed from the post despite having secured qualification for their first World Cup Finals.[3] Pfister himself resigned shortly before the team's first match in the tournament, after his players went on strike against the federation over a pay dispute,[4] but he was reappointed three days later after demands from the players.[5]"

I eh sure if we could get all our practice sessions in de cool of the night but I am hopeful ..we also have to work on getting all our games as night games ....
seems like he was last employed in May 2009 ...he should have had a good rest then ... :beermug:

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2011, 11:36:26 AM »
Jack confirmed the appointment on 195.5 fm's 12 noon news today, he said since it was already out in the English press he may as well confirm. He also said that he would likely be here by the 5th April & will be introduced to the Public shortly thereafter.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 11:44:08 AM »
Kicker magazine had the story yesterday

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/intligen/startseite/550262/artikel_pfister-trainiert-trinidad-26-tobago.html

quote from him in the story:

"I've taken some time off, but from April 4th I'm back on the job"

The contract is through World Cup 2014 qualifications and if T&T qualifies the contract will be extended to the end of the tournament.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 11:51:14 AM »
Good we get a coach...

all we need now is a team....
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 12:10:07 PM »
Good we get a coach...

Doh 4get a federation.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 12:10:33 PM »
Good we get a coach...

lets see who pfister pick or will latas pick the team as the asst  >:(

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 12:28:34 PM »
Hopefully the TTFF will give him the resources and freedom to pick who he wants.

But knowing the TTFF that is like asking for Aids and Cancer to be rid of in a night and Elan and GunnerStunner to stop obsessing over United... Impossible

Good luck Otto... and hoping to hear a press release or any word verifying this from our very up to speed and professional federation  ::)

Mate, are you mad? TTFF are broke and just about to become even more in debt. What shocks me is that Anil is going to pay this guys salary. I thought Peoples Partnership were going to cut off financial support to organisations being run poorly? They have just closed the National Aids Coordinating Committee without any announcement about how the T&T govt intend to tackle HIV/AIDS and the staff there have been made unemployed. Yet they can pay US$60,000 pm for a geriatric football coach? WTF is going on here?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2011, 12:53:41 PM »
Hopefully the TTFF will give him the resources and freedom to pick who he wants.

But knowing the TTFF that is like asking for Aids and Cancer to be rid of in a night and Elan and GunnerStunner to stop obsessing over United... Impossible

Good luck Otto... and hoping to hear a press release or any word verifying this from our very up to speed and professional federation  ::)

Mate, are you mad? TTFF are broke and just about to become even more in debt. What shocks me is that Anil is going to pay this guys salary. I thought Peoples Partnership were going to cut off financial support to organisations being run poorly? They have just closed the National Aids Coordinating Committee without any announcement about how the T&T govt intend to tackle HIV/AIDS and the staff there have been made unemployed. Yet they can pay US$60,000 pm for a geriatric football coach? WTF is going on here?

Welcome to T&T !

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2011, 12:58:48 PM »
Jack confirmed the appointment on 195.5 fm's 12 noon news today, he said since it was already out in the English press he may as well confirm. He also said that he would likely be here by the 5th April & will be introduced to the Public shortly thereafter.

Buh wait ent he is only de special advisor who wasn't involved in de process???? why is he announcing it? in what capacity is he doing so?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2011, 01:00:26 PM »

Buh wait ent he is only de special advisor who wasn't involved in de process???? why is he announcing it? in what capacity is he doing so?

D Min of evrything.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »

cause he is Jack...that why.....and everyone else none sayer

D Min of evrything.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2011, 03:09:16 PM »

D Min of evrything.

:D

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2011, 03:22:40 PM »

Yesterday was Yesterday...........
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2011, 04:03:56 PM »
after the asst is named and staff, the next controversial topic will be team selection and which players make the squad

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2011, 04:26:19 PM »

My sentiments exactly, he went on to say "we" have already agreed on everything. When asked about the salary he said a man's salary is his business. However I hope Jack & Anil know that if it is the Govt of T&T paying this man then it is our business. So let's see how this goes!!!!

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2011, 04:44:27 PM »
Good we get a coach...

Doh 4get a federation.

Some fixtures would be nice too  :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2011, 05:10:32 PM »
Good we get a coach...

Doh 4get a federation.

Some fixtures would be nice too  :beermug:

a game against germany and some african nations as well

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2011, 05:44:38 PM »
This appointment is a loud ass STEUPS

We seriously paying this man over US$50,000 ??? For what. Surely we coulda get better for that money. Ah guess TTFF just wanted somebody they could boss around. What kinda assistants he will have? So he not only coming to coach we team, he have to he assistants who will know nothing of his style (iff he even have one).

I don't see him being there for the entire campaign. What would be the point. Why not get someone that is good enough and will be here for continuity of a successful program (supposing we will have a successful program).

Even if we was tuh make it this is short term thinking.

Well ah go hope fuh the best.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2011, 01:33:22 PM »

We seriously paying this man over US$50,000 ??? For what. Surely we coulda get better for that money. Ah guess TTFF just wanted somebody they could boss around. What kinda assistants he will have? So he not only coming to coach we team, he have to he assistants who will know nothing of his style (iff he even have one).

I don't see him being there for the entire campaign. What would be the point. Why not get someone that is good enough and will be here for continuity of a successful program (supposing we will have a successful program).

What campaign? I doubt we even making the hex

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2011, 01:41:34 PM »

What campaign? I doubt we even making the hex

what hex?

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2011, 04:49:27 PM »
So we are all in agreement that this is a poor appointment? Someone who likes this please share your thoughts! I can use some convincing about pfister because this is depressing me.
Hart for president

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2011, 08:10:18 PM »
So we are all in agreement that this is a poor appointment? Someone who likes this please share your thoughts! I can use some convincing about pfister because this is depressing me.

TNT football and WI cricket not suppose 2 depres people. Just buckle up and enjoy d ride. If u cyah enjoy d ride just buckle up.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2011, 10:16:12 PM »

TNT football and WI cricket not suppose 2 depres people. Just buckle up and enjoy d ride. If u cyah enjoy d ride just buckle up.

Cosign!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2011, 03:29:10 AM »
If we beat Guyana- Bermuda- Barbadod- Grenada- The new coach would have made progress.
 A win against Panama- Costa rica- He is the new hero.
 Let us enjoy the ride.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »

Pick a team for the new coach dey

GK  Glenroy Samuel

Carlos Edwards         Julius James      Joevin Jones      JLloyd Sam

Hayden Tinto                    Chris Birchall              Khaleem Hyland      Keon Daniel
(Jake Thompson)                                        (C. Sam)

Devon Jorsling (K. Jones)            Kerry Baptiste (J. Britto)
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2011, 08:48:27 PM »
Phillips
JL Samuel
James
Marshall
C.Edwards
C.Samuel