April 26, 2024, 11:44:39 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs Honduras U-20 (23, 25 March, 2011) Thread.  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T vs Honduras U-20 (23, 25 March, 2011) Thread.
« on: March 24, 2011, 04:47:39 PM »
U-20s go down 3-0
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Trinidad and Tobago’s Men’s Under 20 team suffered a 3-0 defeat to Honduras in their warm up at the Los Angeles Stadium in Honduras on Wednesday.

Head coach Zoran Vranes did not expose several of his start team players in the affair and Honduras took advantage  with some clever play and clinical finishing on the artificial surface. Honduras got their goals from Anthony Lozano, Alexander López  and Román Rubilio Castillo. Vranes later said he wasn’t fazed by the result.

“Of course the players are disappointed because no team likes to lose 3-0,” Vranes told TTFF Media.

“But I am not upset or worried because I know we are still looking at certain things and we have two games of greater importance that we are preparing for and you will see those games next week. We had a look at a couple players who have not been starting and this was a good exercise for the team and a good opportunity for them to get the experience of an international game.

“For the next game we will go in with the intention of getting a good practice match but also protect the players and ensure we have no injuries before our first game in the Concacaf tournament against Cuba,” Vranes added.

Honduras coach Javier Padilla said he was happy with his team’s showing.

“This is the final phase of the preparation. We still need to improve on our possession but we will work on that in the next few days,” Padilla said.  Honduras will face Jamaica and Guatemala in their two qualifying matches.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:27:03 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-20s go down 3-0 to Honduras
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 06:41:51 PM »
U-20s go down 3-0
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Head coach Zoran Vranes did not expose several of his start team players in the affair and Honduras took advantage 

we could make f**king excuses boy

licks is licks.. 11 vs 11.. who want it more vs who didnt want it

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 07:03:28 PM »
what he started his bencher...and they play that kinda shit letting 3...ah hope went the real game start and they are call on they could step up to the plate

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 07:19:08 PM »
U-20s go down 3-0
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Head coach Zoran Vranes did not expose several of his start team players in the affair and Honduras took advantage 

we could make f**king excuses boy

licks is licks.. 11 vs 11.. who want it more vs who didnt want it

or who just not good enough...
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 07:21:36 PM »
De excuse start allyuh... ask Vranes if Honduras use they full team too, because this was a friendly and I could bet meh last dollar they didn't.

They second team beat we second team 3-0, now Vranes saying that we are still looking at certain things and we have two games of greater importance that we are preparing for and you will see those games next week. We had a look at a couple players who have not been starting and this was a good exercise for the team and a good opportunity for them to get the experience of an international game....

So all this time, 11 games since January 2011 and now and a week before de tournament he still breakingout players.

Man take your licks, hush yuh dam mouth and correct your mistakes like a big man nah.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 09:28:26 AM »
well time to put up or shut up....cause copper was saying the same thing....and look what happen to the U17

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 10:32:49 AM »
Just another game to test reserves I see ....they must have a big part to play in the tournament  ...and de starters must obviously be ready and not needing to test themselves against Honduras.
I guess de excuse book latest edition still has the same mistakes !!
time for Vranes to leave de caribbean ....... last time when he was losing he made wholesale changes during the game ...it is always the same .... we were giving players de experience ....of what ?? losing ??
I keep saying winning like losing is contagious !
try west indies Vranes .... you past your sell by date with our young players .

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 02:55:49 PM »
Ah going wid Zoran on dis one!!!
And yes Honduras mustbe use their second-stringers too...oh well.
Give dem non-starters a chance to start and show off nah....and ah know yes maybe Zoran should know what they capable of already, but me eh putting too much behind dis defeat....I expect bg things from dis team when it really matters!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 03:01:37 PM »
Anthony Lozano is no second stringer
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 04:39:11 PM »
Anthony Lozano is no second stringer

steups..so he alone go nbeat Honduras?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 06:37:42 PM »
I understand Honduras just beat us 4-2.

If this is true, for a team with 3 defenders offered MLS trials, two of which already have WC experience, we giving up goals like friggin rain. Regardless...all best fellas. Hope you can pull through and make it into the big show  :thumbsup:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline handsanointed

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 08:07:25 PM »
yes we did lose 4-2.......we also had 2 players red carded......I am still rooting for our team!!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 08:13:18 PM »
Is only practice game.

Offline handsanointed

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 09:07:10 PM »
Is only practice game.
tell dat 2 some of d members here

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 10:53:22 PM »
Is only practice game.

we get all of that but we have the right to question it... first they come with the 2nd string excuse now they go come with  controversial calls by the ref

everything is an excuse

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 01:16:59 AM »
Is only practice game.
We:ve seen it all before,where old hat at this really.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: T&T vs Honduras U-20 (23, 25 March, 2011) Thread.
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 05:28:17 AM »
U-20s defeated
... Now all focus is on Cuba.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago's Men's Under 20 footballers will go all out to break a run of three defeats in their Concacaf World Cup qualifier against Cuba on Wednesday after suffering a 4-2 loss to Honduras at the National Stadium there on Friday.

In what was the final warm-up match for Zoran Vranes and his men prior to their final round campaign in Guatemala City, T&T took a first half lead through captain Sheldon Bateau but the well organized and potent Honduras line up struck back and took a 2-1 lead going into the half time break They extended it to 3-1 before Shahdon Winchester pulled a goal back for T&T.

The hosts added then added a fourth item as T&T finished the game with ten men after Marcus Joseph was red carded.

Vranes shuffled his team around a second time as he maintained his focus on T&T's upcoming affairs with Cuba and Mexico. T&T lost the previous game 3-0 and were also defeated by America de Cali in Colombia prior to their arrival in  Honduras.

"This was our last game and I needed to see a couple things. Unfortunately my team is going into the tournament with two losses here and that's not always the best thing mentally for young players but okay, we will work on that.

We have lost games before and then we have won again so it's not a matter of us being mentally broken right now," Vranes told TTFF Media.

"We have some good experience in the team and they will have to step up now and we will work on getting the entire team focused and ready for Cuba. We have spent a lot of time preparing.

We got some matches and this was very good for us because we grew as a team in terms of what we do on the pitch and now it's time to take all of this into the tournament and try to turn it into positive results that can help take us to the World Cup in Colombia," Vranes added.

The team is scheduled to arrive in Guatemala City shortly after midday on Saturday to continue preparations for their encounter with Cuba on Wednesday.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 07:44:07 AM »
lets go

tnt tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 08:41:29 AM »
So last two games they rest starters, we starters that good? And the gap between starters and benchers is that great? 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 10:32:36 AM »
its seem to me that Trinidad and Tobago team and i mean at all level have a problem keeping a lead...why that so hard for these guy's who represent a country can't understand that.....don't they know everyone have to defence went it come to playing a team like this or any other...and i mean the whole team not just the defenders...i know its a friendly...but a friendly say alot as a real game ..what you do in practice is what you do in game ....and another thing...POSSESSION IS KEY TO WINNING...you have to be hungary for the ball all the time...and i know they know this...but they not doing it...ACTION SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS...oh my goodness?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 11:13:05 AM »
So when we practice losing, why do we act surprised at the results in actual competition?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 11:28:55 AM »
all the best youths, ah know all yuh geh ban so allyuh can't read this :devil: mash them up in guatemala, the nation behind allyuh ,make us proud

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 12:09:11 PM »
So when we practice losing, why do we act surprised at the results in actual competition?
If my memory is good, I do believe our WC2006 team lost a several games in the build up to the 2006 WC under Beenie also.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 12:46:31 PM »
If my memory is good, I do believe our WC2006 team lost a several games in the build up to the 2006 WC under Beenie also.

Then we tied one and lost 2   :-\
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>