April 25, 2024, 05:15:19 PM

Author Topic: World Cup 2011 Qtr-Final: WI v Pakistan  (Read 5600 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: World Cup 2011 Qtr-Final: WI v Pakistan
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 07:42:43 AM »
i could be wrong ,but aftr winning against the minnows.I think dropping shiv and mesing wit the lineup ,by Richie Richardson ,otis and sammy .mess everthing up somehow,everybody was batting good before .
We hve to watch out out for that Richardson ,hes ah hater ,he will drop barth nd bishoo and chanders.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2011, 07:52:33 AM »
Disgraceful.

At least we will see real cricket for the rest of the WC.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 07:55:13 AM »
Well that is it...the capitulation is over.
Pakistan win by 10 wickets...not even a fight from the WI from the get go of this innings.  The look on everybody face was... "oh gosh leh we jes call it a day...give dem de game and leh go home nah"

Serious questions will be asked of the Board and the Selectors on deciding who will captain the team when they come back.  I wonder if they argument about Ganga unable to make the team will still hold water now ?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2011, 08:04:04 AM »
Pakistan win by 10 wickets...not even a fight from the WI from the get go of this innings.  The look on everybody face was... "oh gosh leh we jes call it a day...give dem de game and leh go home nah"

Serious questions will be asked of the Board and the Selectors on deciding who will captain the team when they come back.  I wonder if they argument about Ganga unable to make the team will still hold water now ?

what a disappointment. hopefully we can go back to selecting a proper captain, leadership circle and the right batsmen for the team.

it pains me to see trinidad looking so professional and prepared with good leadership in regional games (even if we don't always come out on top) and west indies looking quite the opposite.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2011, 08:12:58 AM »

WI is not a team its a bunch of individuals from different islands thrown together. Great individual talent, but inter-island rivalry and politics is holding back the unity that is required to build a team. Not surprising you are calling for Ganga to be the captain...not sure what make yo uthink he will do any better than more accomplished captains before him. If Lara couldnt inspire West Indies to greatnes in his time, i doubt any other west indian will in the next 20 years.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2011, 08:45:09 AM »
Ganga has a brilliant cricketing mind far superior to that of anyone on the present team.

However, he should earn it.

Remember Sammy was really the fifth choice after Gayle and Bravo blank WI and Chanders and Sarwan seem unsuited for it.

The Captain should be someone who could hold his own on the team. The fact that Sammy has not shown much form with the Captaincy should make them think twice.

Here's a thought should Nash captain the Test side? He has certainly held his own at Test level and it's obvious that Gayle, Bravo, SArwan and Chanders won't be considered. Baugh has (for now) replaced Ramadhin. It really that pathetic for us to even get  a CAPTAIN???

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2011, 09:56:23 AM »
I love it when de haterz site all in a tizzy.

VB
Here's a thought should Nash captain the Test side? He has certainly held his own at Test level and it's obvious that Gayle, Bravo, SArwan and Chanders won't be considered. Baugh has (for now) replaced Ramadhin. It really that pathetic for us to even get  a CAPTAIN???
Seeing that the WICB has never shed its colonial mentality maybe it's apropos that Nash be made captain.

Ganga does have a cricketing mind but he has two strikes against him first he is Trini second he is East Indian.
Remember it was people like Richardson and Richards who kept Lara off the team when he first started. Remember Richards treatment of Richard Gabriel when he dropped a catch and he pointed to send him off the field. Richards had alluded during his tenure that there will never be an East Indian on the team.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2011, 10:55:18 AM »
Nash should be captain ,until or if Bravo ever plays again after injury.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2011, 11:22:39 AM »
Every team on the planet goes out there with a plan,Ifeel we just go out and play it by air.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2011, 11:26:12 AM »
I love it when de haterz site all in a tizzy.

VB
Seeing that the WICB has never shed its colonial mentality maybe it's apropos that Nash be made captain.

Ganga does have a cricketing mind but he has two strikes against him first he is Trini second he is East Indian.
Remember it was people like Richardson and Richards who kept Lara off the team when he first started. Remember Richards treatment of Richard Gabriel when he dropped a catch and he pointed to send him off the field. Richards had alluded during his tenure that there will never be an East Indian on the team.

Gabriel say a million times that Viv neva sent him off d field.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2011, 12:29:14 PM »
I woudda say de same ting too

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2011, 01:43:50 PM »
I woudda say de same ting too

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2011, 03:26:35 PM »
Windies cricket is getting to a point of no return and the quicker we in TT realize that the better it will be.I hope that the players returning from the WC can rep us in the regional so we can go on and be champions,from this point the cricket authorities must start thinking about going it alone regarless,it is plain to see that there is too much insularity in the Caribbean.We can take a look at the Irish and note how far they have come,we could be even better,its been years now that our best players have been kept out of the Windies team and it will continue nothing is gonna change.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2011, 06:01:48 PM »
Windies cricket is getting to a point of no return and the quicker we in TT realize that the better it will be.I hope that the players returning from the WC can rep us in the regional so we can go on and be champions,from this point the cricket authorities must start thinking about going it alone regarless,it is plain to see that there is too much insularity in the Caribbean.We can take a look at the Irish and note how far they have come,we could be even better,its been years now that our best players have been kept out of the Windies team and it will continue nothing is gonna change.

I agree 100%
We don't need the rest of the WI to play our cricket...
whey boy!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 07:04:59 PM »
Sammy should captain Windies B. I not sure Ganga is de answer. Is not he dat put spinner to field in slips against fast bowling and drop two catch in a match? Gayle, Pollard and Bravo under perform.  Thomas in over he head.  Smith do what all dem small islanders does do...capitulate against good spin. The other young upcoming players held their own. Rampaul was a one meaningless game wonder. Benn in over he head.  If a spinner cyah take wickets on de sub-continent, den he is boo. Picking Nash could have help hold up one end while the other batsmen had a go at the other end. For that very reason, Chanders should open and Nash come in at 6 in de 50 over format.  If both of dem do what dey suppose to do, we could bat out 50 overs.  Is funny how things turn out. For de most part, de bowlers did their part.  The fielding still need work but de batsmen boil down like bhaji against de better teams. I feel for Sarwan a bit cause he now trying to ketch heself playing high grade cricket again.  How long do we persist with him?  Realistically, it have nobody worthy coming up unless we say is Darren Bravo time now.  Peeps go say, Bharath, Bravo and Baugh gone home. They would not have made a difference.  Bravo doh frighten nobody. Bharath woulda get more experience and dat was it cause Baugh Sell by Date long gone. We woulda still collect wood in we tail. De men in burgundy pajamas, dat is who we are.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2011, 09:02:23 PM »
All yuh eh like Ganga he is a successful captin because d players support him. Dat Mottley crew eh support Ganga in d pass so eh go support him in d future.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2011, 09:22:39 PM »
I think some of you see only what you want to see.

Ganga was given chances for ten years and underperformed.

Baugh has always been knocking back at the beginning of the millenium, I thought he was the future but Ramdhin came out of nowhere and took his chance. Baugh now has a chance again and I am sure DR will press him.

The WI needs to shed this  backward nature of expecting people to stay at home and make less money.
If someone can turn up in time for  a series and be dedicated that's all that matters.

With such a perspective people can earn a living playing cricket and not be slighted.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2011, 08:42:27 AM »
I think some of you see only what you want to see.

Ganga was given chances for ten years and underperformed.

Baugh has always been knocking back at the beginning of the millenium, I thought he was the future but Ramdhin came out of nowhere and took his chance. Baugh now has a chance again and I am sure DR will press him.

The WI needs to shed this  backward nature of expecting people to stay at home and make less money.
If someone can turn up in time for  a series and be dedicated that's all that matters.

With such a perspective people can earn a living playing cricket and not be slighted.

VB

Tests 48 86 2 2160 135 25.71 

While he eh light d world on fire it eh fair 2 say he play 4 10 yrs. Yes his debut was in 1998 and last test was 2008 but he eh play 4 10 yrs.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2011, 11:34:13 AM »
hearing Sammy done when the team comes home .hear otis say he wants to drop senior players for youth .And hearing Ganga going to be the new CAPTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2011, 11:39:49 AM »
hearing Sammy done when the team comes home .hear otis say he wants to drop senior players for youth .And hearing Ganga going to be the new CAPTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Compre, soundin like a Mucurapo road piece ah gossip, whey yuh gehin all dat info?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2011, 11:50:29 AM »

Compre, soundin like a Mucurapo road piece ah gossip, whey yuh gehin all dat info?
well the otis part is fact ,from an interview yesterday.(apparently Gayle took offence (rumour)
The other parts are from two different people breaking the same news,one even going so far as saying its a sure thing.
Haterz.co

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2011, 12:06:38 PM »

I have a class this evening but if all yuh listen 2 I95 this evening Andre go have d latest so listen and let meh knows. D haterz source doh always b reliable.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2011, 12:48:52 PM »

I have a class this evening but if all yuh listen 2 I95 this evening Andre go have d latest so listen and let meh knows. D haterz source doh always b reliable.

Interestin, we guh see yes, we iz we own worse enemy.  TTFF and WICBC culd ride hard
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2011, 02:38:07 PM »
At least Australia lorse.

Ah cyah deal with the smugness anytime they win the world cup.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2011, 07:07:33 PM »
At least Australia lorse.

Ah cyah deal with the smugness anytime they win the world cup.

CO-SIGN

Interestin, we guh see yes, we iz we own worse enemy.  TTFF and WICBC culd ride hard

Heard d end of d show played d clip wit Gibson. Sammy was unable 2 face d press after d loss. Is a good ting I was not driving because I woulda crash d car. D captin was 2 distraught 2 face d press. I HAVE HEARD IT ALL NOW.

Sammy eh goin a place.

1]; } ?>