April 28, 2024, 09:12:30 AM

Author Topic: Everton’s Hope eligible for T&T  (Read 7774 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Everton’s Hope eligible for T&T
« on: March 31, 2011, 06:48:07 AM »
Everton’s Hope eligible for T&T.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Young Everton striker Hallam Hope can play for T&T as reports have indicated his links with the twin-island Republic makes him eligible to wear the red, white and black.

The 17-year-old Hope has an impressive goal-scoring record in his early career. He joined the Blues as an 11-year-old in 2005, making the short switch down the M62 from Wythenshawe, having previously turned out for Manchester City’s junior side.

The striker scored a treble in the Milk Cup Junior Final in 2008 against Watford to announce himself. Since then he has featured regularly for the Under-18s and was part of the Toffees’ 2010 FA Youth Cup squad.

Hope signed a full-time scholarship with the Blues in July 2010, and was an integral part of the Under-16s set-up during the 2009/10 campaign.

He has already played for the England Under-17 team, making his first international appearance for England against Wales in the Victory Shield in October 2009, going on to score twice for his country in the Young Lions’ 3–1 win over Ukraine in France.

Since stepping up to England Under-17s he has registered seven goals in seven appearances. He is also eligible to play for Barbados but TTFF officials will no doubt target the young star for the Soca Warriors.

http://www.evertonfc.com/player-profile/hallam-hope
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:28:16 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Everton’s Hope eligible for T&T
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 10:41:46 AM »
lets see if the fed chase him, we have an abundance of players that are not be scouted for the natl team

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 10:50:42 AM »
Good move Shaun, now de ball in you guys court, dont let this one get away.

Give him a senior cap.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 10:58:13 AM »
Hope we don't drop the ball on this one....seems like he may have aspirations of playing England's senior team so let's snatch him now.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 11:03:30 AM »
Hope we don't drop the ball on this one....seems like he may have aspirations of playing England's senior team so let's snatch him now.

May?

Without even knowin de yute let me just say he has no interest in playing for TT until his England options are well and truly dried up, a la Shaka Hislop and J. Lloyd Samuel.

I have no problem with that, just simple reality. But in 2020 or 21 when yuh ready just give us 100 percent.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 11:29:32 AM »
We could only dream.  If he is that good, there is no way in hell or on earth that he is not going to play for England.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 11:42:47 AM »
Yuh know, even if we never surpass England in terms of playing ability and success, if we had a federation half as serious as Mexico or the US, I dear to say most of these players would have at least considered playing for TT even if England came calling.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 11:56:11 AM »
He should stay as far away from this federation as possible.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 12:43:53 PM »
why do we need players when we never play any games?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 12:52:58 PM »
He should stay as far away from this federation as possible.

EXACTLY and if he decide after England diss him he go get cuss here so stay far yute stay far.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 12:58:37 PM »
well he put his info out their .... so that mean his options are open
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »
why do we need players when we never play any games?

Exactly!!

I'll improve that statement:

Why do we need any decent players when we don't have a decent federation and never play any decent games?

There you are, a perfect statement that no one not even Jackula can dispute!  :mackdaddy:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:04:45 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 01:43:59 PM »
I would be happier playing 2 mins of a single international friendly for T&T than getting 100 caps for the Solomon Islands. I figure Hope feel the same way about England.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:45:33 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 09:32:34 PM »
Hallam’s hope in striking distance
By JUSTIN MARVILLE |
http://www.nationnews.com/articles/view/hallams-hope-in-striking-distance/
HE WOULD HAVE lived in England for two decades by the summer of 2014.
But when Russell Hope supports the Three Lions at the next World Cup it will be for a different 20 year-old commitment.
At the age of 16 now, Russell’s son Hallam is no different from the average English teenager with a dream of representing the national squad at football’s biggest stage.
Where he differs, however, is that unlike millions of those daydreaming teens, Hallam is actually good enough to turn those aspirations into reality.
At least according to England’s soccer brain trust, which has made the younger Hope a regular fixture on the national Under-16 squad for the last year, where the team has competed at two tournaments recently.
And for their faith in the Bajan citizen?
Hallam more than justified his selection, kicking off the side’s campaign at the Montaigu Tournament in France with a dramatic double against Ukraine in England’s 3-1 group stage victory back in March.
The gifted forward didn’t score again in the tournament but the young Lions didn’t need him to in their march toward the final, and that early performance is certain to have set tongues wagging from London to Leeds.
“I always wanted to become a footballer because I just wanted to be like [David] Beckham when I was younger,” recalled the junior Hope.
Wayne Rooney, England’s renowned balding striker, probably is the more fitting career path for Hallam to follow though – and not just because of his position.
Rooney was an Everton youth striker turned Manchester United marksman.
Hope is an Everton youth striker hoping to turn Manchester United marksman.
“I would love to someday play for the team I’ve always supported, Manchester United,” said the young Manchester resident.

At City first
He has already appeared for Manchester though, but it’s the rival City and not United that Hallam started his early youth days before switching over to the Lancashire-based Everton.
However, to mirror Rooney, Hope must first make Everton’s senior side, where the national forward first made his mark in 67 appearances.
But Hallam’s professional career at the Blues seems to be a mere formality.
“I got my pro contract already,” revealed Hallam, “but I can’t sign it until I’m 17.
“I can’t wait, though, because I won’t think of it as a job. It will be like getting paid for what you love doing.”
Hallam wasn’t even the first one to realise this is what he would love doing, but rather Russell, who spotted his son’s undying devotion to the sport the minute the younger Hope learned to run.
“I remember playing with him in the backyard and from a very early age he would kick the ball in the same running stride it took for him to get to the ball,” remembered Russell of Hallam growing up.
“Little things like that I noticed with him and he would keep playing all the time but as he got older and he realised I wasn’t as keen about playing football, he would bring over his friends next door and continue playing football. I knew that this was his love.
“And I’m very proud and I just can’t believe it. You see something just happening right in front of your eyes and you go ‘whoa!’ ” he added.

AirMan

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 01:10:56 AM »
Let me know when Hope has PUBLICLY come out and say he wants to play for Trinidad and Tobago..

until then this is no serious news

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 03:49:55 AM »

May?

Without even knowin de yute let me just say he has no interest in playing for TT until his England options are well and truly dried up, a la Shaka Hislop and J. Lloyd Samuel.

I have no problem with that, just simple reality. But in 2020 or 21 when yuh ready just give us 100 percent.

VB

I agree with your sentiment, but, yet again, yuh (as others have, before) inferring that Shaka wanted to play for England until he had no choice but to play for Trinidad.  That is not and never was the case.  Shaka never wanted to play for England.  I really see no point in chasing these fleeting dreams of players with "connections" to T&T.  A handful of them will not make our teams perform better enough to advance beyond the norm.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 06:15:32 AM »

May?

VB

I agree with your sentiment, but, yet again, yuh (as others have, before) inferring that Shaka wanted to play for England until he had no choice but to play for Trinidad.  That is not and never was the case.  Shaka never wanted to play for England.  I really see no point in chasing these fleeting dreams of players with "connections" to T&T.  A handful of them will not make our teams perform better enough to advance beyond the norm.   

You sure ??? plus no one is chasing ...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 11:21:56 AM »
if the ttff were one of the 3 powerhouses in concacaf, all those players would run to play for TT

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 12:48:19 PM »

May?

VB

Damn, reading another post and can't avoid de shit this man talking. " Shaka never wanted to play for England"  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:     What an arse you are Mango Chow! Ah supposed yuh live next door to him or allyuh had this conversation.   :rotfl: :rotfl:
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 02:07:20 PM »
if the ttff were one of the 3 powerhouses in concacaf, all those players would run to play for TT
the ttff ???

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 02:33:27 PM »
the ttff ???

meaning if the federation were one of the top 3 in the region they would command a certain respect from foreign based players

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 05:54:23 PM »

May?

VB

You sure ??? plus no one is chasing ...

Yeah, I know, nobody is chasing him, but what I mean is, we as fans shouldn't even study these fellas or think about them or put them in we sights.  If they eligible to play fuh we and they want to, fine.  But I just think we does be wastin' time focusing on these players. 

Fantasia, ah realize yuh trackin' dis tall man rel hard, like yuh really want meh scratch yuh nanny fuh yuh but I doh do your kind.  doh worry 'bout where I lived or who I had conversation with either, but yuh know what.....since I talkin' out meh ass so much, the floor is yours.  Go and do yuh own research and tell meh how it is Shaka wanted to play fuh England and not T&T. I guarantee you, yuh eh have nutting mature, intelligent or factual to say.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 10:21:00 AM »
Scored for England U17's against France at the UEFA U17 Championship today.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 02:43:14 PM »
Ask any 17 year old,born in England of foreign parents who they would like to play for if they have reached the stage that Hope has reached,I am sure they would opt for England over TT.I recall Hoyte who refused even the younger Hoyte refused,now that England dont seem to want them we should go for them.

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 08:48:08 AM »
HE WOULD HAVE lived in England for two decades by the summer of 2014.
But when Russell Hope supports the Three Lions at the next World Cup it will be for a different 20 year-old commitment.
At the age of 16 now, Russell’s son Hallam is no different from the average English teenager with a dream of representing the national squad at football’s biggest stage.
Where he differs, however, is that unlike millions of those daydreaming teens, Hallam is actually good enough to turn those aspirations into reality.
At least according to England’s soccer brain trust, which has made the younger Hope a regular fixture on the national Under-16 squad for the last year, where the team has competed at two tournaments recently.
And for their faith in the Bajan citizen?
Hallam more than justified his selection, kicking off the side’s campaign at the Montaigu Tournament in France with a dramatic double against Ukraine in England’s 3-1 group stage victory back in March.
The gifted forward didn’t score again in the tournament but the young Lions didn’t need him to in their march toward the final, and that early performance is certain to have set tongues wagging from London to Leeds.
“I always wanted to become a footballer because I just wanted to be like [David] Beckham when I was younger,” recalled the junior Hope.
Wayne Rooney, England’s renowned balding striker, probably is the more fitting career path for Hallam to follow though – and not just because of his position.
Rooney was an Everton youth striker turned Manchester United marksman.
Hope is an Everton youth striker hoping to turn Manchester United marksman.
“I would love to someday play for the team I’ve always supported, Manchester United,” said the young Manchester resident.

At City first
He has already appeared for Manchester though, but it’s the rival City and not United that Hallam started his early youth days before switching over to the Lancashire-based Everton.
However, to mirror Rooney, Hope must first make Everton’s senior side, where the national forward first made his mark in 67 appearances.
But Hallam’s professional career at the Blues seems to be a mere formality.
“I got my pro contract already,” revealed Hallam, “but I can’t sign it until I’m 17.
“I can’t wait, though, because I won’t think of it as a job. It will be like getting paid for what you love doing.”
Hallam wasn’t even the first one to realise this is what he would love doing, but rather Russell, who spotted his son’s undying devotion to the sport the minute the younger Hope learned to run.
“I remember playing with him in the backyard and from a very early age he would kick the ball in the same running stride it took for him to get to the ball,” remembered Russell of Hallam growing up.
“Little things like that I noticed with him and he would keep playing all the time but as he got older and he realised I wasn’t as keen about playing football, he would bring over his friends next door and continue playing football. I knew that this was his love.
“And I’m very proud and I just can’t believe it. You see something just happening right in front of your eyes and you go ‘whoa!’ ” he added.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 01:45:42 PM »
he scored 2 today in a 3-0 win for England vs Serbia at the EURO U17

I think we can all say he will not choose T&T just yet.. he is obviously promising

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 01:12:24 PM »
all well and good to look for players with trace Trinbagonian DNA

BUT

FIX THE FACKING TTFF HOUSE FIRST!

then players might give more
then consistency might set in
then teams migth want to play us in friendlies
then caribbean teams migth fear and respect us

but

until slick jack the ruler is pulling strings ain't nuttin' gonna change

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
‘The Boy Has Got Skills’ – Everton’s Hallam Hope
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2013, 06:14:02 AM »
‘The Boy Has Got Skills’ – Everton’s Hallam Hope

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-blogs/the-boy-has-got-skills-evertons-hallam-hope

Everton youngster Hallam Hope will be hoping that he’s done enough for a new contract at Everton this season.

The Manchester born striker signed a full-time scholarship with the Toffees’ having  joined from Manchester City back in 2005.

The striker, who is eligible to line-up for both England and Trinidad and Tobago, has been described as somewhat of a silent assassin on the pitch due to his ability to go un-noticed in the box until he is ready to pounce.

The youngster has been a regular goalscorer throughout the Everton youth teams since his move, including causing an instant impact in the Under-16′s 2009/2010 campaign.

His good performances that season helped earn Hope a number or call-ups to the Under-18 youth squad as well as becoming a big part of Everton’s 2010 FA Youth Cup Squad.

These performances earned the youngster a call up to International level, as he made his debut for England Under-17′s in the Victory Shield back in October 2009.

He followed up this cap with a brace in England’s 3-1 win over Ukraine in France’s Montaigi Tournament in 2010.

Despite the fact the Hope has represented England at International, he is still eligible to represent Trinidad & Tobago.

Hope celebrated his England appearances by being somewhat of a revelation for the Under-17′s the season after.

He scored seven goals in nine appearances during that 2010-2011 season as he helped the side qualify for the European Championship Finals.

The sides good form continued all the way to the semi-finals in Serbia before eventually falling to defeat at the hands of Holland.

Hope achieved a school-boy dream during the summer of 2011 as he scored a goal of great importance on a personal level.

The striker found the net during the Mexican Under-17 World Cup, helping them reach the quarter finals of the competition.

That 2010-2011 season was also a big one for Hope at club level.

Everton romped the national academy title that season and was rewarded for his progression at both club and international level by being named in the reserves on a regular basis.

Since then Hope has earned yet more caps at both Under 18 and Under 19 levels, the latter saw him named in the European Championship Finals in Estonia, after a call-up from Noel Blake.

Hope, who’s current contract ends in June 2013, will be hoping that he’s done enough to earn himself a new deal.

However the youngster may have to wait until David Moyes signs his contract extension before one arrives for himself.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: ‘The Boy Has Got Skills’ – Everton’s Hallam Hope
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 07:09:46 AM »
If he still at Everton, he'll most likely be under Dennis' charge. So he'll know if the youth could add value to the NT and help massage his decisions a little.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 12:47:50 PM »
Yeah Dennis will be on top of that. Remember, it was Tallest who approached Birch after a game about representing T&T . . .
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>